dragon-wings

NC Church: Support Bush Or Get Out!

Sat May 07, 2005 5:01 am

http://www.wlos.com/

If you are ever in North Carolina and your a Democrat you are not welcome at this church. The pastor said "if they didn't support George Bush, they should resign or repent" and "the actions were not politically motivated."

It can't be anymore politically motivated!  crazy   Yeah sure
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

Logan22L

RE: NC Church: Support Bush Or Get Out!

Sat May 07, 2005 5:13 am

I just love it when assholes identify themselves. Far be it for me to defend the church, but I'm sure that this is not a widespread issue (although others may soon follow).

Logan
"The deeper you go, the higher you fly. The higher you fly, the deeper you go."

theCoz

Sat May 07, 2005 5:17 am

Quoting Dragon-wings (Thread starter):
if they didn't support George Bush, they should resign or repent

That's so retarded...Bush isn't Jesus.

adam

Sat May 07, 2005 5:29 am

From
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld...eachonline/news/local/11582657.htm
"During last Sunday's sermon, he acknowledged that church members were upset because he named people, and he says he'll do it again because he has to according to the word of God."

I can't imagine anyone agreeing with this preacher. I couldn't even imagine George Bush agreeing with this.

adam
Texas: You'll come for the Alamo, You'll stay because you were wrongfully executed. - Conan O'Brian State Quarters

pilotsmoe

Sat May 07, 2005 5:58 am

Quoting TheCoz (Reply 2):

Well, he's the leader of Jesusland
 crazy 

SLC1

Sat May 07, 2005 6:01 am

If he's a preacher, he should stick to what his book told him to do...

Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God.

But I say to you, love your enemies.

Judge not, that you be not judged.

Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.
We're gonna do what we like to call a "jetBlue how do you do", which is slang for dumping a bunch of fuel in the ocean

diamond

Sat May 07, 2005 6:03 am

Quoting Adam (Reply 3):
I couldn't even imagine George Bush agreeing with this.

Publicly, he will make an obligatory statement regarding his anemic view of the separation of church and state.

Privately, I'll bet he considers this a victory and hopes for more of them to come.
Blank.

CORULEZ05

Sat May 07, 2005 6:04 am

Well, this guy is the leader of his church and therefore has the right to ban anyone he wants. I mean, why would a democrat want to be there anyways? Most likely all they do is praise Bush and his stupid ideas. This is the United States and we have freedom and that is why this kind of church can exist. Is it very KKKish? Absolutely.
Fly jetBlue today!!!!!!!

Pendrilsaint

Sat May 07, 2005 6:22 am

Jesus christ, I live in the area guys and i know this church and have heard of this guy before. He is regarded as a NUT in the community, and please pay attention and notice that many people have protested the church and are leaving. I have many many family members in Waynesville and I know the community doesn't condone this sort of crap. If it wasn't such a shocking wrong thing to do, then it wouldn't have made the regional news.

Logan22L

Sat May 07, 2005 6:26 am

Quoting Pendrilsaint (Reply 8):
I have many many family members in Waynesville and I know the community doesn't condone this sort of crap.

Don't worry, Pendrilsaint, I think most of us realize that it is not typical of even some of the more conservative regions of this country.

Logan

[Edited 2005-05-06 23:34:11]

SLC1

Sat May 07, 2005 6:27 am

What's worse Pendrilsaint is churches (among other organizations) that don't say this sort of thing explicitly but most definitely imply it, guilting people into a political ideology, and all the while you can't call them on it because they said nothing explicity.

By the way, this is why a certain state with the largest Bush-margin is the state with the largest Bush-margin.
We're gonna do what we like to call a "jetBlue how do you do", which is slang for dumping a bunch of fuel in the ocean

Pendrilsaint

Sat May 07, 2005 6:37 am

There are indeed many churches that guilt their congregations, but I think you are less likely to find them in Western North Carolina, which actually had some very close counties with regards to presidential election results (my county was decided by less than 100 votes). I don't think it's fair to say outright that a majority of churches guilt their congregations like that, because honestly I don't think they do. It's a touchy subject in congregations and most don't want to hit on it (except those like Mr. Chandler and the good Mr. Burn-a-Cross Falwell = ) .

I don't quite catch your drift with the certain state comment...I just want to make sure everyone realizes it was most certainly not North Carolina with the largest margin...I believe it was Alabama with 63% 37% split.

SLC1

Sat May 07, 2005 6:42 am

Quoting Pendrilsaint (Reply 11):
I don't quite catch your drift with the certain state comment...I just want to make sure everyone realizes it was most certainly not North Carolina with the largest margin...I believe it was Alabama with 63% 37% split.

Utah 72-26 split, guess which church I'm referring to  Silly

SLC1

Sat May 07, 2005 6:44 am

Quoting Pendrilsaint (Reply 11):
I don't think it's fair to say outright that a majority of churches guilt their congregations like that, because honestly I don't think they do.

I'm far from saying a majority of churches do, btw, just that there are a healthy few that do, either directly, or indirectly, and that is dangerous.

Pendrilsaint

Sat May 07, 2005 6:44 am

Hahaha! I had no idea the margin was that was SLC1, that's hilarious actually, I would have guessed one of the deep Southern states. That church is known for never being crazy. ; )

nycflyer

Sat May 07, 2005 7:44 am

Jesus christ, I live in the area guys and i know this church and have heard of this guy before. He is regarded as a NUT in the community, and please pay attention and notice that many people have protested the church and are leaving. I have many many family members in Waynesville and I know the community doesn't condone this sort of crap. If it wasn't such a shocking wrong thing to do, then it wouldn't have made the regional news.

Pendrilsaint, I appreciate you saying this. Good to know the guy is considered a loon by his own community. Because otherwise, I was about to say that this country has reached a new low.

Quoting Diamond (Reply 6):
Quoting Adam (Reply 3):

Publicly, he will make an obligatory statement regarding his anemic view of the separation of church and state.

Privately, I'll bet he considers this a victory and hopes for more of them to come.

Sadly, this is probably true.

tbar220

Sat May 07, 2005 7:58 am

If this guy is considered to be such a nut by his own community, why is he still a pastor at this church? If my rabbi made such comments, the congregation would be quick to make it known to the people responsible that we don't want this guy. Can the same be done with this pastor?

His comments are pretty disgusting. Its weirder that he considers it the word of God.
NO URLS in signature

Mir

Sat May 07, 2005 9:44 am

The church should lose any government money that it gets. Plain and simple. And, the congregation should make it clear to the head of the church that stuff like that will not be tolerated, and that either he goes, or their money goes. That'll change things mighty quick. Money, not God, is the most powerful force in this world.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

TedTAce

Sat May 07, 2005 9:57 am

Quoting Mir (Reply 17):
Money, not God, is the most powerful force in this world.

SO SAD... and yet SOOO true.. But Religion is a SAD close second.
This space intentionally left blank

NWADC9

Sat May 07, 2005 10:13 am

Quoting The Article:
During last Sunday's sermon, he acknowledged that church members were upset because he named people, and he says he'll do it again because he has to according to the word of God.

Ok, Rev., where in the Bible does it say that? Who the heck do you think YOU are? Jesus?
I convert Jet A and 100LL into noise.

Delta767300ER

Sat May 07, 2005 11:05 am

I do not agree with the Pastor at all. I am for seperation of Church and State. Sadly it doesent surprise me that it was a Baptist Church that engaged this. Churches are *supposed* to accept anyone regardless of their race/sex/sexuality/age/nationality/language/ ect.

-Delta767300ER

Falcon84

Sat May 07, 2005 11:25 am

Quoting Adam (Reply 3):

I could. After all, he's convinced God is on his side.

If it wasn't such a shocking wrong thing to do, then it wouldn't have made the regional news.

I agree, but it also show the fanaticism of the right that SOME born-again's have for not just conservative values, but in holding up George W. Bush as almost a Christ-like figure.

Imagine the field day our departed young wacko Libturd would have had with this on here?  Smile
Work Right, Fly Hard

SLC1

Sat May 07, 2005 11:58 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 21):

I could. After all, he's convinced God is on his side.

"Uh, hey, George, it's God... Hey, listen, big favor: is there any way that you could, uh, from now on, sort of downplay our relationship a little more in your public addresses? I mean, to give you an example, like when you make comments like, 'God wanted me to be President,' you know, that would be an example of something to just kind of keep to yourself. Wait...Cheney's on the other line *click* Hello, Sir?" - American Dad

dl021

Sat May 07, 2005 1:07 pm

This being a free country I respect the right of the Pastor and his fellow leaders in his church politicizing the decision of whom they will allow in their services...

but I sure as Hell think they are wrong....

religion is about your feelings on God, and not your political preferences. Or anything else for that matter. If your church turns people away for thinking differently on politics or anything other than religious issues, then your church will stagnate.

If your church turns people away from the word of God and the teachings of the bible, for any reason, then they are disobeying a basic tenet of the bible......teaching and helping those who need it.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

ANCFlyer

Sat May 07, 2005 2:17 pm

Quoting Adam (Reply 3):
can't imagine anyone agreeing with this preacher.

Never met my former in-laws have you!  wideeyed 

I can see this happening with no problem - and not just in North Carolina.

The preacher, IMO, has lost his focus. Perhaps what he needs is a "real come to Jesus" meeting to get put back on track.

I can't say I'm surprised.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

stlgph

Sat May 07, 2005 4:04 pm

Quoting Pilotsmoe (Reply 4):

Well, he's the leader of Jesusland

i love that word. god bless you.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

NWA742

Sat May 07, 2005 5:24 pm

While I agree that this guy has lost his nerve,

I don't understand why people use "Jesusland" as an insult.

Most Christians are very loving, nice, and caring people. They just go by the morals of their religion and go to church every now and then.

So what's is wrong with that?

Right-wing nuts, bible-thumpers, minority haters, and people like this preacher respresent the ABSOLUTE MINORITY of "Jesusland".

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

aerorobnz

Sat May 07, 2005 9:27 pm

Maybe not, but...

Quoting SLC1 (Reply 5):
Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God.

That's blessed are the Cheesemakers....haven't you seen 'The Life of Brian' - the holiest of all cinematic motion pictures?
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

Falcon84

Sat May 07, 2005 9:58 pm

Quoting DL021 (Reply 23):
This being a free country I respect the right of the Pastor and his fellow leaders in his church politicizing the decision of whom they will allow in their services...

When their "right" infringes on the free exercise of someone else's life outside the Church, I respect nothing about that. That's just fascism, my friend.

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 26):
Most Christians are very loving, nice, and caring people. They just go by the morals of their religion and go to church every now and then.

Agreed. But it's not targeted at those people, at lest according to how I might use it. I use it for people like this asshole preacher-who tries to mix religion and politics to advance not the cause of God's work, but of a partisian political agenda, allegedly "in the name of God."

Maybe this simp has forgotton that most American emmigrated from nations who, centuries ago, mixed poltics and religion in this manner. They escaped to this country to avoid such religious persecution. But today, we have a strong, powerful minority, called the Conservative Christian right, who is trying to dicatate secular political power via the Bible. What it's ending up as, in many respects, is a modern-day fascism.

That's not what this country needs.
Work Right, Fly Hard

NWA742

Sun May 08, 2005 8:03 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 28):
Agreed. But it's not targeted at those people, at lest according to how I might use it. I use it for people like this asshole preacher-who tries to mix religion and politics to advance not the cause of God's work, but of a partisian political agenda, allegedly "in the name of God."

Maybe this simp has forgotton that most American emmigrated from nations who, centuries ago, mixed poltics and religion in this manner. They escaped to this country to avoid such religious persecution. But today, we have a strong, powerful minority, called the Conservative Christian right, who is trying to dicatate secular political power via the Bible. What it's ending up as, in many respects, is a modern-day fascism.

Hello Falcon, how have you been? It's nice to see you again.

----

I'm sure for the most part, when people use "Jesusland", they are referring to people like this. However, that term seems a little too generalizing to me. There's probably a lot of people who will take it the wrong way.

I also agree that it's wrong for the government and any president to force religion in the area of politics, let alone anywhere else.

But I don't get the sense that Bush forces his religion on people. I do think that most of his decisions are guided by the morals of his religion though. Well, that goes for a lot of political leaders.

I understand how you feel, I just disagree with the assumption that he's forcing it on the public.

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

Mir

Sun May 08, 2005 8:13 am

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 29):
But I don't get the sense that Bush forces his religion on people. I do think that most of his decisions are guided by the morals of his religion though. Well, that goes for a lot of political leaders.

I understand how you feel, I just disagree with the assumption that he's forcing it on the public.

I don't believe that he intends to force it on the public, but the problem is that he has a hard time checking his religion at the Oval Office door when it comes time to make policy decisions - a gay marriage ban being a prime example. Politicians can be as religious as they want in their private lives, but when it comes time to serve the people, their loyalty is to the Constitution, not their faith - they take oaths that say that. And I don't think that Bush is very good at separating the two.

Regardless of whether he means to force his religion on others or not, I think that he does.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

MD-90

Sun May 08, 2005 8:39 am

If that church is a member of the Southern Baptist Convention, then that pastor will be facing discipline. He could not possibly be more wrong. The church (universal body of believers that crosses denominational lines) is open to everybody, Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, Constitutionalists, Greens, alike.

Church leaders can bring up politics, if they like, but that's not the purpose of Chistianity. This pastor is off his rocker.

Sounds to me like the pastor may have an idol in his life named Politics, and it's starting to dominate his thinking.

jetjack74

Sun May 08, 2005 9:07 am

The guy is off his rocker. Religeous or political views should not be forced upon people. These views should be left to the power of persuasion, not forced. If somebody doesn't want to go along with it, let 'em.

I wouldn't exactly call it that, but more of a Jonestown-like or Branch Davidian-ism. (I'm making up my own suffixes)
Made from jets!

adam

Sun May 08, 2005 9:09 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 24):
Quoting Adam (Reply 3):
can't imagine anyone agreeing with this preacher.

Never met my former in-laws have you!

I can see this happening with no problem - and not just in North Carolina.

I come from a very diverse and liberal city. The only other city I've lived in was just as liberal. I guess I've just never been around people or places where bible beaters determine who can worship God, and frankly - I don't want to be.

adam
Texas: You'll come for the Alamo, You'll stay because you were wrongfully executed. - Conan O'Brian State Quarters

allstarflyer

Sun May 08, 2005 9:33 am

Quoting Dragon-wings (Thread starter):
If you are ever in North Carolina and your a Democrat you are not welcome at this church. The pastor said "if they didn't support George Bush, they should resign or repent" and "the actions were not politically motivated."

I can't believe nobody's figured out this is where Liberalslayer (aka, Libturdslayer, aka . . . ) goes to church.

No kidding. WTG pastor - turn off some more folks.

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 18):
SO SAD... and yet SOOO true.. But Religion is a SAD close second.

Hmm. I would have thought sex was 2nd (and 1st for many).

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 26):

Maybe, but I would disagree. I went to school and lived in the Southeastern U.S. and I'm glad I've been gone for years, in large part due to the fallacy of this idea.

-R
Living the American Dream

dl021

Sun May 08, 2005 11:05 am

When their "right" infringes on the free exercise of someone else's life outside the Church, I respect nothing about that. That's just fascism, my friend.

I see where you are coming from here, but two things here....
A. I think that you may be misinterpreting my use of the word respect.

B. I think that private worship services are under no obligation in our country to meet any outside political or legal obligations.

We are allowed to worship any way we wish, and I will respect the rights of others to worship as they choose, even if I don't have any personal respect for the manner in which they choose to conduct their church business.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

Falcon84

Sun May 08, 2005 12:39 pm

Quoting Mir (Reply 30):
I don't believe that he intends to force it on the public, but the problem is that he has a hard time checking his religion at the Oval Office door when it comes time to make policy decisions

Exactly, Mir. Good case in point, NWA742 (and glad to see you again, it's been a while), was the Schiavo case. His intervention and that of Congressional Republicans was, based in an overwhelming part not on any rule of law, but on personal religious belief. In this case-and and overwhelming majority of the American people seem to agree-the Republican went way over the bounds of the separation of powers, first and formemost, and secondly, in trying to shove personal, religious views down the throats of those that didn't agree with them.

Further, this attack on "activist" judges, that is not the rage of the GOP, is being presented as an attack on "people of faith" (and not just any "faith", mind you, but one specific faith).

That's a problem many have with Bush, that he's not guided by the Constution, as he's sworn an oath to do, but guided by religious belief, and they're not always one in the same. To the contrary, they're more often than not totatlly different.

Quoting Adam (Reply 33):
I guess I've just never been around people or places where bible beaters determine who can worship God,

You miss the mark here, Adam. He's not demanding they worship God. He's demanding something far different, and something very un-American: the "worship", if you will of a secular political dogma, and, one step further, is demanding allegiance to one man. As a minister, the only man he should be demanding his faithful hold allegiance to is Jesus Christ, not George W. Bush.

Quoting DL021 (Reply 35):
B. I think that private worship services are under no obligation in our country to meet any outside political or legal obligations.

I don't know about that, Ian. When that private worship interfers into the private political lives of Americans, they have stepped over a boundary, sure as the government does when they try to dictate policy based on religion. I think it's a disturbing thing, what this nut did. Fortunately, it seems to be isolated.

Quoting DL021 (Reply 35):
and I will respect the rights of others to worship as they choose,

That's the problem with this guy, and why I cannot respect him in any way: he's not letting the rights of others. He's demanding blind political obediance, which is out of his purview, I think.
Work Right, Fly Hard

MD-90

Sun May 08, 2005 1:26 pm

Falcon84, you don't know what fascism is. It's not fascism if it doesn't involve a government. And all fascism is is State control of the economy. The USA and Western Europe are quite fascistic, actually.

aerorobnz

Sun May 08, 2005 1:52 pm

Fascism... care of wikipedia...

* exalts nation and sometimes race above the individual
* uses violence and modern techniques of propaganda and censorship to forcibly suppress political opposition
* engages in severe economic and social regimentation
* engages in corporatism
* implements totalitarianism

This guy is guilty of the first, the second (modern techniques of propaganda rather than violence), and the last criteria. In this case I believe Falcon84 is correct in using the term. Usually it is reserved for governments, and most examples we see are political, but it applies to anyone with a definate power over another individual - which a Pastor does possess over his church. We also find this link which mentions religious fascism. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism#Fascism_and_the_Catholic_Church

also according to http://www.thefreedictionary.com/fascism we again find him guilty of definition number 2.

2. Oppressive, dictatorial control.
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

pilotsmoe

Sun May 08, 2005 1:57 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 21):

I agree, but it also show the fanaticism of the right that SOME born-again's have for not just conservative values, but in holding up George W. Bush as almost a Christ-like figure.

Imagine the field day our departed young wacko Libturd would have had with this on here?

So true... the Jesus freaks and Bible huggers have control of this country. I don't like bush. I am all for smaller government and lower taxes, but at what cost? The war we shouldn't be in? He is running the country on his emotions and paranoia. I guess I'm not a republican in the normal sense because I dont hold up the Bible and scream out verses

Falcon84

Mon May 09, 2005 4:20 am

Quoting Pilotsmoe (Reply 39):
So true... the Jesus freaks and Bible huggers have control of this country.

I don't subscribe to that interpretation. The "Bible huggers" as you call them, (and, as someone who does believe in the Holy Scriptures, I take a bit of offense in that), even when they're a minority in their party, control the machinerey of the GOP in about 3/4 of the States, but it's quite obvious, with the split on thing like Social Security, the Schiavo case, and, in many cases, fiscal responsibility, there is still a voice for the left and the center, that cannot afford to be drowned out by the vitrol hatred and prejucices of the far religious right.

The fact that 56 million people voted against Mr. Bush tells me this group is not firmly in control of anything, and I'm still of the belief that their extreme, and, in some cases, fascists views will be the undoing of the GOP within the next few election cycles.

Americans are concerned about their future, but most have no desire to wake up in a right-wing Christian based Theocracy, where the Constitution has been dumped in deference to The Good Book.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Superfly

Tue May 10, 2005 12:24 am

This fool should be ran out of town and lose all government tax breaks that Churches enjoy.
Bring back the Concorde

JGPH1A

Tue May 10, 2005 12:30 am

Quoting Aerorobnz (Reply 27):
That's blessed are the Cheesemakers...

It's not meant to be taken literally - it refers to all manufacturers of dairy products.

Smile

P.S. This pastor guy is a nutjob ! Do people actually go to his church ?
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

Logan22L

Tue May 10, 2005 12:49 am

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 42):
It's not meant to be taken literally - it refers to all manufacturers of dairy products.

I just LOVE that line. rotfl  rotfl  rotfl 

I think I'll have wolf nipple chips for lunch.

Logan

seb146

Tue May 10, 2005 1:05 am

Before I post my opinion on this, I have to say that I was raised a Christian and I do believe there are such things as heaven and hell. By definition, I will be going to hell even though I am doing my best to be a good and righteous person. That is my understanding of the Christian faith. At least I can plead my case at the Pearly Gates....

That being said, the leaders of this church, Focus On The Family and several other fundamentalist groups will be joining me in hell. They know nothing of tolerance.

My biggest questions to these "know-it-all" Christians is: How did you find out God is a Republican? Do you honestly think He cares about party affiliation?

GO CANUCKS!!
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

TedTAce

Wed May 11, 2005 11:38 am

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7769149/ Political North Carolina pastor resigns

Buh Buy!!, Don't let the door hit you on the a$$ on your way out, and MOST importantly, add your name to the LONG list of people who are no longer working/lost a job during this administration's reign!!
This space intentionally left blank

Falcon84

Wed May 11, 2005 12:18 pm

Hallalujah! Common sense triumphs again over ignorance and intolerance.

I found it interesting that, in that article, one of his supporters, when asked if they'll stay in that Church, said “I’m not going to serve with the ungodly.”

Idiot. Church's aren't for the saintly and the godly. It was meant, as Christ meant it for, for sinners, which we all are. It's that kind of attitude that is giving some areas of right-leaning Christianity a bad name. They've lost sight, in the name of worldly power and politics, what the function of the Church is for-to redeem the sinner.

I wish this preacher no ill will, and hope he finds some peace, after this, but maybe he'll learn that the Bible and partisian politcs don't mix well in this nation. I hope he sticks to teaching the Good Book, not partisian politics.
Work Right, Fly Hard

DC10GUY

Wed May 11, 2005 2:29 pm

To a rightie Bush and Jesus are the same...
Next time try the old "dirty Sanchez" She'll love it !!!

Falcon84

Wed May 11, 2005 8:15 pm

Quoting DC10GUY (Reply 47):
To a rightie Bush and Jesus are the same...

To SOME righties, way on the right, Dc10guy. You need to stop with that annoying, infantile and ingorant habit of thinking ALL righties are the same. After all, all lefties aren't the same. Take you and me: I make sound, reasoned arguments, based on common sense as much as I can. While you base it on ignorant, often imbecilic statements, like the one above, which usually have no basis in fact or reality.

So if all "lefties" aren't the same, all righties aren't either.
Work Right, Fly Hard

HOMER71

Wed May 11, 2005 8:58 pm

Thank you, Falcon, I couldn't have said it better myself.

BTW, good riddance to that pastor and, based on some of those quotes, some of his congregation as well!
"On spaceship earth there are no passengers...only crew."