rsmith6621a

7 More Soldiers Dead In Iraq

Mon May 09, 2005 5:23 am

Snip.....BAGHDAD, Iraq - An explosion of insurgent violence in Iraq killed seven U.S. servicemembers over the weekend even as the Shiite-dominated parliament reached out Sunday to Sunni Arabs, approving four more of their number to serve as government ministers.

More than 300 people, including American forces, have been killed in a torrent of insurgent attacks since Cabinet was sworn in April 28 with seven positions undecided.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...u=/ap/20050508/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq

Once again Im glad things are getting better over in the U.S. of Iraq. We are winning are WE not!!!!!!

What a nice Mothers day Gift.
Did You Ever Think Freedom Could Be this Bad

jwenting

Mon May 09, 2005 5:26 am

Maybe you should blame those terrorists for killing people on mother's day rather than the US government?
I wish I were flying

TedTAce

Mon May 09, 2005 5:31 am

Quoting Jwenting (Reply 1):
Maybe you should blame those terrorists for killing people on mother's day rather than the US government?

Maybe you should send some more (presuming you have any) troops of your own down there and let them die for those WMD's and the 'liberation of the Iraqi people'
This space intentionally left blank

UH60FtRucker

Mon May 09, 2005 5:33 am

Rsmith - I have an honest question without any ulterior motive....

Did you serve in the armed forces when you were younger? You're pretty old, I do mean that with the up-most respect sir, so you would have served when it was still a *popular* choice for many young men. Just wondering.

-UH60
Your men have to follow your orders. They don't have to go to your funeral.

TPASXM787

Mon May 09, 2005 5:33 am

RSmith-

We would still be there if Kerry got elected. They would still be dead.

The question is would you still post this?
This is the Last Stop.

Udo

Mon May 09, 2005 5:40 am

Fact remains there weren't such terrorist attacks before the US invasion - because the terrorists from all over the world started running to Iraq afterwards. Sure, Saddam and his regime are removed - but at what price? How many civilians and soldiers have died since? How many more will die? The civil war will go on. And all that because of shameful lies.

When Saddam was in power, people had a hard life. But life was somehow calculable - today it's not. No matter if normal citizens or soldiers, everybody can be blown up at any time at any place. It's chaos, it's a mess. And some call that "democracy". Democracy without stability, freedom and security is worth nothing.

Regards
Udo
Me & You & a Plane Named Blue...

UH60FtRucker

Mon May 09, 2005 5:47 am

Quoting TPASXM787 (Reply 4):
RSmith-

Excellent point. However, I wouldn't be surprised if he was able to still find a way to blame the President. His rabid hatred is rooted that deeply. I think it's most unfortunate that some on A.net use genuinely sad news to achieve a political goal. I tend to doubt the sincerity of their sadness for the dead soldiers. The truth is, if it can fuel their hatred, then it's fair game for them.

OH! And don't ask them to offer constructive suggestions and opposing (viable) solutions -- they cannot be bothered with that -- they're too consumed with their blind hatred.

-UH60
**Edit for grammar error

[Edited 2005-05-08 23:03:34]

TPASXM787

Mon May 09, 2005 5:55 am

Quoting UH60FtRucker (Reply 6):
I tend to doubt the sincerity of their sadness for the dead soldiers. The truth is, if it can fuel their hatred, then it's fair game for them.

I could not agree more.
This is the Last Stop.

EMBQA

Mon May 09, 2005 5:56 am

The liberal media is the driving force in all the negative news coming out of Iraq. Sadly, yes American Soldiers are still dying. Just as they are around the world and in this country nearly everday in training accident and just sad accidents. They don't tell you about that. They don't tell you about all the good things happening....schools opening for the first time in decades, woman beginning to have a say in what is going on in their country and no longer being treated like pieces of meat. Hospitals opening and running themselves. Local governments being set up and running themselves. Locals in the hundreds turning in these scum bags low life's to the Police that are killing my innocent people...both Iraqi and Peace Keepers. Things are changing for the better everyday. It took our own counrty nearly 80 years to finally find peace after 1776...it is not going to happen over night, but we can't give up the hope of finding peace. Have you heard anything in the liberal media about the nearly 60 top leaders from al-Zarqwai's band of idiots that were killed or captured in teh last 5 days..? ....any mention of the letter found a few weeks ago written to al Zarqwai speaking of poor moral, poor 'fighters' and a willingness to give up the fight agenst a free Iraqi as the can see they are not winning the support of the Iraqi people..as they continute to kill them.

[Edited 2005-05-08 23:09:11]
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

ConcordeBoy

Mon May 09, 2005 6:02 am

Quoting Udo (Reply 5):
No matter if normal citizens or soldiers, everybody can be blown up at any time at any place. It's

Quoting Udo (Reply 5):
because the terrorists from all over the world started running to Iraq afterwards.

...not to sound any less sympathetic than normal, but I speak for an enormous amount of Americans (and some Euros) in saying "better there than here"
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

Udo

Mon May 09, 2005 6:10 am

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 9):
but I speak for an enormous amount of Americans (and some Euros) in saying "better there than here"

Iraq as the big battle field to fight terrorists, I see. But fact is the American invasion also created masses of new terrorists, and the ones who are mainly suffering are the Iraqi civilians.
And you can be sure terrorist groups will still aim at attacking the US in their homeland, no matter how many of them get killed in Iraq.

Regards
Udo

TedTAce

Mon May 09, 2005 6:11 am

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 8):
The liberal media is the driving force in all the negative news coming out of Iraq.

ok, let's think about this...7 Americans died...how is the "Lberal media" to balme for this??? Should they be reporting the 'good stories' comming out of Iraq??? NO!! it doesn't 'sell'.. don't blame the liberal media, blame the CONSUMERS who OVER AND OVER AND OVER again choose to 'purchase' with the 'if it bleeds it leads' mentality. Show ALL the networks that viewership drops off when they talk about death, and increases on the goodie goodie 'oh American toops built a day care center', and I'll garantee that the stories will change. Until you can change the viewing habits of the American people SHUT THE FU¢K UP about "liberal media"!!!

clipperhawaii

Mon May 09, 2005 6:14 am

Seven died but how many where saved? You seem like a bright guy, care to tell us? Perhaps you forget that we are at war and not playing some numbers game?

Quoting Udo (Reply 5):
Fact remains there weren't such terrorist attacks before the US invasion - because the terrorists from all over the world started running to Iraq afterwards. Sure, Saddam and his regime are removed - but at what price? How many civilians and soldiers have died since? How many more will die? The civil war will go on. And all that because of shameful lies.

When Saddam was in power, people had a hard life. But life was somehow calculable - today it's not. No matter if normal citizens or soldiers, everybody can be blown up at any time at any place. It's chaos, it's a mess. And some call that "democracy". Democracy without stability, freedom and security is worth nothing.

Pfffffhhhh. That people...is called spin. Chicken or the egg debate. Spare us with this nonsense.
"You Can't Beat The Experience"

Udo

Mon May 09, 2005 6:15 am

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 8):
The liberal media is the driving force in all the negative news coming out of Iraq.

Yeah, whenever something goes wrong like shit, blame the media. That has always been the easiest way. Don't like too see or hear anything, switch it off.
What's your suggestion? Censorship? Why don't you just watch Fox TV?

Btw, what about the recent hundreds of dead Iraqi civilians in the past days? Were all these bomb blasts reported?

Regards
Udo

tbar220

Mon May 09, 2005 6:19 am

Quoting Udo (Reply 5):
Democracy without stability, freedom and security is worth nothing.

What is democracy without life, liberty, and the pursiut of happiness? What good is a democracy if you can't step out of your home without fear of being shot in the street? What good is a democracy if the people you "elect" continue to be killed? What good is a democracy if 300 people have been killed in attacks since the "democratic" government was sworn in?
NO URLS in signature

LHSebi

Mon May 09, 2005 6:19 am

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 8):
Just as they are around the world and in this country nearly everday in training accident and just sad accidents.

Show me the most recent "training/sad accident" in the US where 7 soldiers died. You honestly want to compare the deaths of soldiers in training accidents to the number being killed in Iraq? Please...

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 8):
Locals in the hundreds turning in these scum bags low life's to the Police that are killing my innocent people

Let me get this straight: hundreds of locals are turning in low life's [sic] that are killing your innocent people? For someone of the age you claim to be, your writing is not very understandable...
I guess that's what happens in the end, you start thinking about the beginning.

Klaus

Mon May 09, 2005 6:20 am

So the deaths should be hushed up just to save you the embarrassment of having been conned into this war?

No, sorry. That´s not how it works. You can´t just pick and choose which deaths you like to have reported and which ones are to "blame" on the "liberal media".

If you want your troops to be grateful, spare them the pseudo-patriotic nonsense and instead think before you send them to war!  gnasher 

Udo

Mon May 09, 2005 6:21 am

Quoting Clipperhawaii (Reply 12):
Pfffffhhhh. That people...is called spin. Chicken or the egg debate. Spare us with this nonsense.

Why don't you just try to find some counter arguments instead calling these facts about daily life in Iraq "nonsense"? Haven't you heard about these hundreds of dead civilians only in the past days?

There's a difference between sitting comfortably in an armchair somewhere in the middle of US, drinking a cold beer, praising the great positive developments in Iraq while in that very country civilians are fighting for their survival every day and every day. How much do you think these people care whether their county is now called a "democracy"?

Regards
Udo

NIKV69

Mon May 09, 2005 6:28 am

Udo,

The people of Iraq had a horrible life while Saddam and his two sons were in power. Those people are very brave, they want a free country and to be able to think for themselves and live a happy life. Some have made the ultimate sacrifice for this. I think if you asked them they wouldn't change a thing.

BUT, I guess we are enjoying all this oil the BUSH is stealing. Since that is the only reason we invaded Iraq. I just love paying $2.60 a gallon! So where is all this oil? The Democratic Propaganda is not working anymore. It didn't get Kerry elected and it won't hold any water. It just falls apart at the seams.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

ConcordeBoy

Mon May 09, 2005 6:34 am

Quoting Udo (Reply 10):
and the ones who are mainly suffering are the Iraqi civilians.

Like I and apparently tens of millions of other Westerners have voiced, be it by vote or utterance: better them than us
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

NoUFO

Mon May 09, 2005 6:34 am

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 18):
BUT, I guess we are enjoying all this oil the BUSH is stealing. Since that is the only reason we invaded Iraq.

The vast majority of those people who opposed the war at the moment the Bush administration chose to battle against a part of the ME without the world's approval has never claimed it was all about oil.
I support the right to arm bears

Klaus

Mon May 09, 2005 6:37 am

ConcordeBoy: better them than us

"Them" obviously including your own troops as well.

And you´re wondering why more and more of "them" are beginning to feel betrayed?

clipperhawaii

Mon May 09, 2005 7:01 am

Quoting Udo (Reply 17):
Why don't you just try to find some counter arguments instead calling these facts about daily life in Iraq "nonsense"?

You have been there? Fact is, you have not.

Quoting Udo (Reply 17):
There's a difference between sitting comfortably in an armchair somewhere in the middle of US, drinking a cold beer, praising the great positive developments in Iraq while in that very country civilians are fighting for their survival every day and every day. How much do you think these people care whether their county is now called a "democracy"?

Yes there is a difference. Glad you realize that. As for positive developments, there are many. Civilians fight every day for survival and part of the quest is the desire for a better life whether it is democracy or some other form of freedom. Freedom that is never cheap.

There are two sides of every story. I am interested in facts. You are interested in your own self serving propaganda. Thanks for sharing your "facts".
"You Can't Beat The Experience"

tbar220

Mon May 09, 2005 7:07 am

How about the fact that seven soldiers died today, and none of you really seem to care?
NO URLS in signature

CORULEZ05

Mon May 09, 2005 8:51 am

7 dead today and surely many many more to come. Why? Because there will never be an end to this. If US pulls out, everything will fall apart. Those people can't learn what a democracy is in a few years when they have ALWAYS just known the "other" way of living. To all the mothers around this country who have lost their children at war, my most caring sympathy goes out to you. You and your fallen loved ones will DEFINETLY be in my prayers tonight. It is truly sad that your beloved children had to die over nothing, shows how little our president values the lives of our soldiers.
Fly jetBlue today!!!!!!!

allstarflyer

Mon May 09, 2005 9:09 am

Quoting Tbar220 (Reply 23):
How about the fact that seven soldiers died today, and none of you really seem to care?

Yeah, that's the blunt truth. 7 dead.

The arguement that comes to mind is that of Moore vs. O'Reilly when Moore thought he had O'Reilly pinned on his question (paraphrase) "would you sacrifice your children?". No parent has sacrificed their children. It's the children who go voluntarily - my grandparents didn't sacrifice anything when my dad and his brothers signed up and likewise none of them for their children, all of us cousins. Yes, the parents have lost children, but this bs attack against our military and those in charge (even though a lot of them I don't like) is old. Had you stated it differently from the outset, Rsmith6621a, I might have believed you cared about the loss of these soldiers.

-R
Living the American Dream

UH60FtRucker

Mon May 09, 2005 9:11 am

Quoting Airlinelover (Reply 25):
RSmith- how about a nice large dose of go fuck yourself for how you made this post. You heartless fucking prick. I've seen enough of your quality of posts to not be surprised tho. You are truely a prick.

As for the soldiers, they DID sign up of their own free will, NO DRAFT, so if they have died, they were doign what they signed up to do.

Go fuck yourself.

Chris

Wow. Talk about hitting the nail on the head. I would wager that a fair amount of people feel the same way about Mr. Rsmith... but none so blunt as you!

-UH60

UH60FtRucker

Mon May 09, 2005 9:20 am

Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 26):
Had you stated it differently from the outset, Rsmith6621a, I might have believed you cared about the loss of these soldiers.

Well this was never really about the death of those 7 soldiers... it was just another political opprotunity. Sadly, it's not just Rsmith who does this... a core group of angry people exist here, who see any bad news for the Bush Administration as good news for their side... even if it means 7 are dead.

It's not just Iraq either:

Stock market drops 190 points... lets celebrate and attack President Bush.
Jobless claims up this month... lets celebrate
Number of homeless up from last year... lets celebrate

These individuals operate with the mission goal of, "Anything that can be blamed on the administation, will and shall be, exploited to its fullest extent."

-UH60

NIKV69

Mon May 09, 2005 9:23 am

Quoting NoUFO (Reply 20):
The vast majority of those people who opposed the war at the moment the Bush administration chose to battle against a part of the ME without the world's approval has never claimed it was all about oil.

Oh please, the liberal media, Ward Churchill and those brainwashed college kids have all been saying it. Their plan to unseat Bush failed miserably. Once Americans saw through that Kerry had no chance. All he did was bash the president and spread propaganda. This country didn't need a leader like him and that is why he lost. He can go make ketchup with his wife for all I care. Bush did a brave thing, and he is staying the course. Soldiers dying? When you go to war people die. I feel bad for every family that goes through that but what about the soldiers that died at Pearl? Or any other wars? The ones that stormed the beaches at Normandy? To defeat evil you have to go to war. Our soldiers are brave and I support them. Some will die. If you can't understand that then you should open a history book and start reading.

Springbok747

Mon May 09, 2005 9:24 am

Those 7 soldiers died doing what they did best...everyone dies (in case you didn't know Rsmith), at least these boys died serving their country, not in their sleep sucking an oxygen tube.

May they R.I.P.
אני תומך בישראל

Chugach

Mon May 09, 2005 9:31 am

It amazes me that people can't respect the fact that seven soldiers died defending our country today, on Mother's Day no less. Respect the fact that they made the ultimate sacrifice so the rest of us in the United States can sleep peacefully.
GO ROCKETS

allstarflyer

Mon May 09, 2005 9:59 am

Quoting UH60FtRucker (Reply 28):
These individuals operate with the mission goal of, "Anything that can be blamed on the administation, will and shall be, exploited to its fullest extent."

Some of those here are becoming more apparent to me as well, though, I usually go about thinking that most that post here strive to be objective in their opinions, in particular, to this administration.

If they hate Bush, then that's up to them. But bring some substance as to why, not some petty jab at why these 7 dead are his fault.

-R
Living the American Dream

NoUFO

Mon May 09, 2005 10:46 am

NIKV69,

You really have a talent to simplify matters and put completely different issues in one vessel: Iraq, the election, Pearl Harbour ....

None of the liberal media I came across said it was all about oil, an absolutely small minority of protestors considered oil a driving factor. And even if Ward Churchill said it - he's an individual and certainly not Einstein.

Apparently, you refuse to at least try to listen and understand what those who opposed to the war on Iraq had to say. Did you ever notice that there were Pentagon employees who told the public how absurd information were "stovepiped" to the Oval Office? Did you ever believe this "Saddam was involved in the 9/11 attacks" crap?

And no, this is not about Kerry, for crying out loud. You can of course vote for whoever you want.

As for the soldiers, they DID sign up of their own free will, NO DRAFT, so if they have died, they were doign what they signed up to do.

Damn cynic.

TPASXM787

Mon May 09, 2005 10:58 am

RSmith- how about a nice large dose of go fuck yourself for how you made this post. You heartless fucking prick. I've seen enough of your quality of posts to not be surprised tho. You are truely a prick.

Go fuck yourself.

Chris

AWESOME! Nothing else I can really say.  thumbsup 
This is the Last Stop.

NoUFO

Mon May 09, 2005 11:09 am

Quoting TPASXM787 (Reply 34):
AWESOME! Nothing else I can really say.

While I agree that the thread starter can get on one's nerves with his anti-Bush rhetoric, soldiers - no matter what made them join the army - are still humans and politicans are responsible for their lifes.
It's outright cynical to claim, soldiers who died merely did what they signed up to do.

TPASXM787

Mon May 09, 2005 11:13 am

Quoting NoUFO (Reply 35):
soldiers - no matter what made them join the army - are still humans and politicans are responsible for their lifes.

No doubt. All the politicians suck. I posted on the other thread to name that last one that cared about you and me and didn't have their own agenda based on the people that got them elected. It's sad really. No one seems to have any convictions any more.
This is the Last Stop.

Falcon84

Mon May 09, 2005 11:25 am

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 8):

Riight. When in doubt, blame the "liberal media"! It's so much more convenient than facing up to facts, isn't it EMBQA. Maybe, just maybe, my friend, the daily attacks on Iraqi's, that have been going on since we got there, has something to do with the news coming out of Iraq! Ever think of that? I didn't think so!

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 8):
Sadly, yes American Soldiers are still dying. Just as they are around the world and in this country nearly everday in training accident and just sad accidents.

Ah, now a training accident is the same as KIA in a war we shouldn't have fought? Uh, OK.

Quoting Clipperhawaii (Reply 12):
Seven died but how many where saved?

ROTFL. What kind of stupid question is THAT? Saved, from what?

The people of Iraq had a horrible life while Saddam and his two sons were in power. Those people are very brave, they want a free country and to be able to think for themselves and live a happy life.

The also want one other thing: TO DO IT WITHOUT THE US DECIDING THEIR DESTINY! They don't WANT us there, they never did! And while we have no choice now, to see th is thorugh, because of Bush's utter stupidity, the fact remains the majority of Iraqi's NEVER wanted the US in there. Why don't you say that in all your hosannah's?

The Democratic Propaganda is not working anymore.

Neither is the GOP PR, since most Americans now feel the war was/is a bad idea. Oh, that ruins the scene you were trying to create. So sorry.

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 29):
Our soldiers are brave and I support them.

As do I, but I do not, and never will, support the decision that sent them to Iraq. Your Bush ass-kissing does not impress, my friend.

Quoting Springbok747 (Reply 30):
Those 7 soldiers died doing what they did best...

What? Being blown up? Talk about ignorance.

And Airlinelover, my friend, I too agree that Rsmith has a bit of an obsession, but I think, as a former Mod, you could handle yourself with a little more tact than that. There was nothing brave or awesome about how you said what you said. Everyone has the right on here to speak their mind, within limits, and you went beyond good taste in your attack on Rsmith.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Springbok747

Mon May 09, 2005 11:35 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 37):
What? Being blown up? Talk about ignorance.

Who the hell is being ignorant?! I think I know how the situation is in Iraq, my cousin is there now (in al Muthanna province of Iraq)..he was the latest batch of 450 troops to be deployed. So please, I'm not ignorant.  Yeah sure

I totally support what these brave troops are doing, but it's a war, and in war people die, it's that simple.
אני תומך בישראל

ANCFlyer

Mon May 09, 2005 11:38 am

Quoting TPASXM787 (Reply 4):
RSmith-

Answer: No.

Quoting UH60FtRucker (Reply 6):
I tend to doubt the sincerity of their sadness for the dead soldiers. The truth is, if it can fuel their hatred, then it's fair game for them.

Concur, political fodder for RSmith. Now, some on here, I'm quite sure have genuine concerns. I'm quite sure some do not - simply another target at which to aim their Anti-Bush crosshairs. Pathetic.

Quoting Tbar220 (Reply 14):
What good is a democracy if 300 people have been killed in attacks since the "democratic" government was sworn in?

Frickin' hilarious. Did you expect everything to be "okay" light turning on a light switch, surely you're not that ignorant?

Quoting UH60FtRucker (Reply 27):
Wow. Talk about hitting the nail on the head. I would wager that a fair amount of people feel the same way about Mr. Rsmith... but none so blunt as you!

Typical RSmith post/thread. You get used to it after a while. Usually ignore it, but since he brought "Mother's Day" into the picture, I thought I'd have a look. I'm not surprised. Same old shit.

Quoting Chugach (Reply 31):
It amazes me that people can't respect the fact that seven soldiers died defending our country today, on Mother's Day no less.

Perhaps, my Alaskan neighbor, you should direct your attention in this post first to the Thread Starter. Obviously his choice of thread title was more inflamatory, and the genesis, to this bull.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

NIKV69

Mon May 09, 2005 12:02 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 37):
The also want one other thing: TO DO IT WITHOUT THE US DECIDING THEIR DESTINY! They don't WANT us there, they never did! And while we have no choice now, to see th is thorugh, because of Bush's utter stupidity, the fact remains the majority of Iraqi's NEVER wanted the US in there. Why don't you say that in all your hosannah's?

How in the name of God would they do it without us? Saddam gassed them, tortured them and ruled by complete fear. They do want us there and we are staying till the job is done. Go hang out with Jane Fonda and leave the real work to us.

Falcon84

Mon May 09, 2005 12:13 pm

Quoting NIKV69 (Reply 40):
How in the name of God would they do it without us?

Jesus Christ, talk about a superiority complex, that one takes the cake? They would figure it out for themselves, just other nations have-just as we did. They didn't want, and didn't ask for our intervention, did they? We went there, all on our own, didn't we?

Don't make us out to be heroes politically for a decision to go to war that 90% of the world opposed when it started, and that a majority of Americans oppose today. It hasn't been worth the deaths of 1500 Americans, and thousands of Iraqi's, because we didn't like their government.

Go hang out with Jane Fonda and leave the real work to us.

Yes, again, we see that old right-wing playbook pulled out: when confronted with something unpleasant, call people names, but avoid the issue at hand.

No one, NIKV69, not Americans, not Russians, not South Africans, not Iraqi's, no matter who is running their nation, want someone from the outside butting into their business. No one. They didn't want us there, and they still don't want us there. You counfuse having no choice to put up with our presence, to them really wanting us there. I really don't think you understand the difference.
Work Right, Fly Hard

CORULEZ05

Mon May 09, 2005 12:16 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 41):
Jesus Christ

how dare you use the name of the Lord in vane...shame on you!

I agree with NikV69 100%
Fly jetBlue today!!!!!!!

TedTAce

Mon May 09, 2005 12:24 pm

I say we ought to come up with alternative transportation, and the need for any oil; then that whole region can go to hell without OUR money!! Let's put China and India out of our business while we are at it too!!

EMBQA

Mon May 09, 2005 12:24 pm

Ah, now a training accident is the same as KIA in a war we shouldn't have fought? Uh, OK

My point being, Military personal die every day around the world.....

Right. When in doubt, blame the "liberal media"! It's so much more convenient than facing up to facts, isn't it EMBQA. Maybe, just maybe, my friend, the daily attacks on Iraqi's, that have been going on since we got there, has something to do with the news coming out of Iraq! Ever think of that? I didn't think so!

First, do you know anyone serving...? I do..and they have stated it is FAR BETTER then it was a year ago. We are making huge strides to make things better for the Iraqi people. The main stream liberal media failes to report this. You are making judgments based on what the media is telling you and showing what they want you to see and know. I am basing my judgemenst on first hand accounts and e-mail. Enough said on my part.

We all make jokes here about how wrong the media is when they try and report about aviation.....do you think it would be any more accurite with this...?
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"

ANCFlyer

Mon May 09, 2005 12:29 pm

Go hang out with Jane Fonda and leave the real work to us.

Nick, I'm not defending anything in this post of your's but I think - strongly - that comparing Falcon with Hanoi Jane, the ultimate traitorous bitch, is a bit strong . . . way over the edge. Uncalled for. Calls for an apology in my book.

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 44):
First, do you know anyone serving...? I do..and they have stated it is FAR BETTER then it was a year ago.

EMBQA, you can preach this sermon all day, I have . . . my brother Earl just got back, my brother Dave is still there . . . .many good friends. You won't read any success stories in the media, and certainly, not frickin' here with the likes of Padcrash, Corulez05, RSmith, Pacific Journey, and a whole frickin' host of others.

It's okay with me though. They are blinded by one sided hatred and unless they lash out with something particulary absurd, best to ignore the ignorance.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

Falcon84

Mon May 09, 2005 12:35 pm

Quoting EMBQA (Reply 44):
First, do you know anyone serving...?

My cousin is a doctor, and he served over there the first year of the war. Is that good enough.

Again-we do not have the right, simply because we are the US, to dictate to others who their leaders are, and what kind of government they have. Iraq had offered not a threat to us before we went to war, but we went in anyway, based, as we found out, on shitty intel. And after that, Bush and his hangers on like yourself made up new excsuse for the invasion.

I don't think I'd consider being in constant danger of being blown up as things being better. They're just as bad, albeit in different ways.

Your incredible superiority complex concerning our nation should trouble anyone in this nation. It can be used to justify any conflict, and I find that deeply scary.

And I hope that's enough said on your part, because I'm tired of such assinine statements.
Work Right, Fly Hard

b757300

Mon May 09, 2005 12:46 pm

Nah, Randy can't do that. He will always blame the U.S. government for everything bad as long as a Republican is in the White House. He makes posts like this on a regular basis. I'm sure he is thrilled every time an American soldier dies since it gives him a reason to rant. Sad that those of his political ideology have to hope for the worst and need Americans to die so they can have a political issue to use.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

rsmith6621a

Mon May 09, 2005 1:01 pm

Now that this thread has ran a bit I would like to have everyone that finds my post absurd I have one question for you to consider?????

Why are we in Iraq anyhow......Yes this has been asked before.

1....We are not there because they(Saddam) had involvement in 9/11....Bush had to retracted that statement sometime ago....

2....Its not because they had WMDs because there were non even though Bush and company claimed there were....certianly that was pie in their face.

3....It not because of continued UN sanction violation after all Cheney's Haliburton benefited nicely under the food for OIL program....yes they had their hand in the cookie jar.....and was a US jet ever shot down in 10 years of no fly zones???

4....It not to give them a better quality of life.....Sewage in the streets and hunger run at higher levels than it did before the war,still some people are without lights and have been for two years......and whatever happened to the statements by the Bush administration saying the war would be paid for with the OIL that was extracted from the Iraq soil?? I thought that was suppose to pay for us over there.

I can think of other reasons that Bush and company used to convince us to go to war and the reasons now are not the reason we were given one night in April 2003.

If we are truly in Iraq now to have saved Iraq from the brutality of Saddam and give them freedom then why are we not in Sudan they face an even far worse fate then the Iraqy people have ever faced.....but then again Sudan has not much benefits under the SOIL for Bush to be concerned about.

7 Soldiers died today in a war that has yet no exit plan.....The USA under Bush has no intentions of leaving entirely EVER, 14 new military bases prove that yes they are ours not Iraqs. I wonder how many we have planned for Iran.

Had Kerry won we would still be there however I think Kerry would have truly worked to bring onboard countrys to share the duties that Bush pissed off two years ago so the WHAT WOULD KERRY HAVE DONE question is not relevant.

Being the World Police Force is a tough job isnt it???? and yes I do feel sorrow for the familys of those brave soldiers.

ANCFlyer

Mon May 09, 2005 1:10 pm

What I want to know from you Smitty, is WTF does this have to do with Mother's Day.

It's just another opportunity - as your reply 47 clearly shows - for you and your hangers on and other to continue to Rant about shit you can't do anything about - except bitch.  sarcastic 

Quoting Rsmith6621a (Reply 47):
yes I do feel sorrow for the familys of those brave soldiers.

I honestly believe you do RSmith . . .  yes 

rsmith6621a

Mon May 09, 2005 1:23 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 48):
for you and your hangers on and other to continue to Rant about shit you can't do anything about - except bitch.

A bitch depends on what perspective you wish to view it from...

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 48):
What I want to know from you Smitty, is WTF does this have to do with Mother's Day.

Well because it happened on Mothers day and I am sad for all the Moms that will not never be able to celebrate this honorable day without thinking about their child who is dead.

Care to address any of the questions in reply#47......didnt think so.....so in reallity you have contributed nothing to the topic at hand.