Good points DFW
I wonder if maybe I should go into marketing? I am in that sort of "black hole" demographic that no one really cares about: I am a 31 year old male. Too old to go after while chasing the Ipod crowd but too young to chase after for second mortgatges and IRA's.
Maybe I'm where I am old enough to be considered for marketing and young enough to still reasonably connect with the younger crowds (Ok...I'd probably be lost on any high school).
But here are some things that have always and always will hold the <21 crowds attention:
1. Anything that pisses off people older than 40
2. If it blinks, beeps, has LEDS and lots of unnecessary buttons and functions
3. It is a lousy value (costs more than it's really worth)
4. It contains scantily clad women (this also works for 40-59 year old men)
5. It is "earth friendly"
6. It entails postponing or dodging responsibility