zotan

Writing A Paper....

Tue May 17, 2005 8:47 am

I have to write a 10 page research report for my Biology class. I was originally going to do it on global warming, but recently changed my mind. I now want to do it on alternative fuels, and fuel efficiency. My teacher said I could write about that, as long as I relate it to biology somehow. Do you guys know of any good sites that would provide information on alternative fuels and fuel efficiency?

Thanks,

Matt

airlinelover

RE: Writing A Paper....

Tue May 17, 2005 8:48 am

Do a search there, look for things like "Bio Diesel" or "organic fuel" or something

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

desertjets

Tue May 17, 2005 8:53 am

[rant]
There's this building with books 'n stuff in it, and people to help you find what you are looking for. Go there first. A google search and looking something up in Wikipedia doesn't count as research.
[/rant]

Oh yeah, biodiesel or biofuel would be a good topic.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

zotan

Tue May 17, 2005 9:31 am

Quoting DesertJets (Reply 2):
There's this building with books 'n stuff in it, and people to help you find what you are looking for. Go there first. A google search and looking something up in Wikipedia doesn't count as research.

Talking about a library? Amazingly enough, the internet does count as research.

Catatonic

Tue May 17, 2005 9:43 am

Quoting DesertJets (Reply 2):
[rant]
[/rant]

The internet actually counts as better research than books, as research on the net is often more up to date as it is quicker to publish. You just have to learn to decipher what is good and bad research.
Equally Cursed and Blessed.

flymia

Tue May 17, 2005 9:55 am

Yea I just finished writting a 8 page paper about politics in Shakesphere writings also two weeks ago a paper on Postmonderism and now I have a power point on how the geography of Brazil has affect its History from 1900-2005.
Loads of FUN!  Wink
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)

FlyingTexan

Tue May 17, 2005 10:24 am

Quoting Catatonic (Reply 4):
You just have to learn to decipher what is good and bad research.

While I don’t necessarily agree with ‘the internet counts as better research than books,’ I am glad you added this one big caveat. Makes all the difference in the world.
"Wouldn't your boss like to fly home nonstop at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon?" -Airline Exec to Congressional Staffer