gocaps16

Ever Rode On The Sky Dive Ride At Theme Parks

Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:10 am

Well, last Saturday I was at Six Flags Magic Mountains near L.A. with my 13 year old cousin in which we both got in for free in event to his middle school's "music in the park" program. We'll, as we were in line for a ride for nearly 2 hours, we were discussing about the paid ride where you freefall from the air at 170ft in the air. It cost us $40 together that night we tried it out. After signing the receipt, I was shaking so bad, I couldn't even sign the paper then watching a few more jumps and saying to myself, eh, we live once, right? There were no lines, so, we got in the gate and they strapped us in. My cousin told said really loud wonder if this will break. ha ha! Ok, still nervous and it was our turn to fly. We stepped to the podium we're they hooked us and then we were on our way up into the air. After hearing the queue, I pulled the rip cord and we were freefalling at top speeds with ever air coming outta my lungs were nothing but loud scream. After the ride, I was soo amazed how awesome it was and how thrilling it was and we decided to do it again after. Even bought a DVD of our jump to show to family and friends.

Any brave souls here tried it? Anyone who hasn't been on it, I recommend you to try it. It's one way to scare yourself really good. Let hear 'em.

Kevin

flyAUA

RE: Ever Rode On The Sky Dive Ride At Theme Parks

Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:29 am

Free fall... no? Mega-coasters... yes!

I am scared of heights so I'd never dare jump free-fall, but ironically, I love going on Roller-Coasters. Especially the ones that make your heart stop and give you the feeling that your guts were left at the top of the ride where you started rushing down the tracks Big grin

Examples: I've been on Goliath in Six Flags and Oblivion in Alton Towers. Still want to visit Magic Mountain though, the website made me really wanna go there  Smile
Not drinking, also isn't a solution!

JGPH1A

Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:23 pm

I went on one ride at 6 Flags Over Texas that just dropped you out of a 10 storey building. Scared the sh*t out of me !
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

MxCtrlr

Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:40 pm

After the initial wonder wears off, I plan on going to SheiKra, the dive coaster that just opened at Busch Gardens Tampa. This looks like one HELLUVA coaster ride!!!!!!!!

From the site literature:

The name SheiKra evokes the power and speed of an African hawk as it twists and plunges - giving riders a 70 mph, adrenaline-pumping experience like no other. At 200 feet, SheiKra now takes the crown as Florida's tallest roller coaster. This thrill machine is also the tallest dive coaster in the world and the first of its kind to incorporate an Immelmann loop (a rolling maneuver), a second, 138-foot dive into an underground tunnel and a water-feature finale.

MxCtrlr  bouncy 
DAMN! This SUCKS! I just had to go to the next higher age bracket in my profile! :-(

gocaps16

Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:40 am

Time to book my travels to TPA this summer.  Smile

Kevin

avek00

Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:52 am

Bump that - I've actually gone skydiving FOR REAL...
Live life to the fullest.