DLKAPA
Topic Author

The State Of Political Discussion In Non-Aviation

Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:51 am

Why a.net "politicos" have no lives whatsoever:

Non Aviation used to be a fun place to browse for a couple hours. Everybody used to poke fun at people and get poked back, all in good tasted humor. What the hell happened to that? The last few months have been nothing but the same political threads with the same players saying the same things throwing the same insults and generally going nowhere but insult-fests that everybody leaves with a bitter taste in their proverbial e-mouths. Gone are the days of intelligent discussion, now we have such things as:

Quoting Jmc1975Since pictures of President Bush are used in terrorist camps with the intended use as targets, what makes this ad justifiable?

Good lord dude, do you really think some low life with no money who might happen to be a liberal but is more of a businessman than anything is actually "out to get America?" Well maybe he's out for our wallets, but nothing else. If you truly believe that the add was designed to promote terrorism, then the terrorists indeed won.

You'd think that there may be isolated cases of ignorance, but no. Whether you are right, left, or moderate, the majority here on the forums belong to the "ignorant" party with such Gems as:

Quoting Falcon84:
Or the fact that your Savior, George W. Bush is on it, you get defensive about it? Answer that question, if you please.

Regardless of what you think, Falcon, GWB is nobody's savior unto all mankind. There are people that look up to him and there are people that believe he is doing good things in this world, but by and large, nobody thinks GWB is Jesus, so get off it.

My only complaint with

Quoting TedTAce:
'the freedom of speech'.

Is that it also promotes freedom of ignorance and the spreading thereof.

Another thing. Just because someone is a "leftie" doesn't mean that religion has no bearing on their lives:

Quoting JpetekYXMD80:
That sentense above sounds like it would be coming from a liberal, but NO its a Bushie bible thumper who thinks religion is the primary facit in everything

Why is there such a need to be so condescending?

Quoting ZOTAN:
Of course not; Bush is his savior....

Again with the ignorance.

Quoting SFOMEX:
Lets see if Nixon was right about the "silent majority." It's now or never! Post why you support him and how much you like him. Even if we are at the minority here, at least we would know that we are not alone in A.net.

Wake up and smell the beans buddy, no matter what any side says, both sides are very well represented on a.net. If you really think you are "alone" then perhaps you will be more at home here.

quote=Newark777 (Reply 4):
No. Has this character trait of his been overblown by nearly everyone in the media and entertainment industry, looking for any little thing to criticize him on? Yes

Where the hell were you when Kerry's character trait was up for grabs?

Quoting Newark777 (Reply 12):
*thinks to self: nice to see people following the popular thinking of "Bush is a liar" without anything to back it up*

Yes, there are alot of people here with "Bush is a liar" with no backup. But again, there are alot of people here with legitamate reasons why they think Bush is a liar. And again, where were you when "Kerry is a FLIP FLOP!"

Just doing my part to set the record straight.

[Edited 2005-06-09 03:55:30]

[Edited 2005-06-09 03:58:24]

[Edited 2005-06-09 03:59:12]

[Edited 2005-06-09 04:09:09]
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

DLKAPA
Topic Author

RE: The State Of Political Discussion In Non-Aviat

Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:00 am

wtf did I do?

And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

theCoz

RE: The State Of Political Discussion In Non-Aviation

Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:05 am

Go back to the original post and make corrections to the last hyperlink you added to the post.

[Edited 2005-06-09 04:06:35]

FlyingTexan

Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 1):
wtf did I do?

Now, that’s old-fashioned a.net!
"Wouldn't your boss like to fly home nonstop at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon?" -Airline Exec to Congressional Staffer

DLKAPA
Topic Author

Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:09 am

Eh it's close enough now.

theCoz

Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:16 am

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 4):
Eh it's close enough now.

works for me  Smile

Quoting DLKAPA (Thread starter):
My only complaint with

Quoting TedTAce:
'the freedom of speech'.

I'm not sure what you're inferring here: Are you saying that freedom of speech promotes ignorance?

DLKAPA
Topic Author

Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:19 am

Quoting TheCoz (Reply 5):
I'm not sure what you're inferring here: Are you saying that freedom of speech promotes ignorance?

Ok not so much that the freedom itself does, but people use freedom of speech to promote their own ignorance.

Falcon84

Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:19 am

Regardless of what you think, Falcon, GWB is nobody's savior unto all mankind. There are people that look up to him and there are people that believe he is doing good things in this world, but by and large, nobody thinks GWB is Jesus, so get off it.

You get off it, my friend. It's tongue-in-cheek, with the exception of a few, who really do believe the guy is Christ-like.

If you don't like it, either lump it or don't read it. Your holier-than-thou attitude doesn't impress me.
Work Right, Fly Hard

TedTAce

Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:30 am

Quoting TedTAce:
'the freedom of speech'.

Another thing. Just because someone is a "leftie" doesn't mean that religion has no bearing on their lives:

Yeap, I'm starting to cite Jerry Springer as how low we have gone these days. The problem is the SECOND you say "free speech...but" you line up with the ranks of Hitler, Stalin, and a couple other beloved (not) leaders..

I agree there is a LOT of VENOM. There are some a.net alternatives that make what occur here tame. Should we try to put the genie back in the bottle? I wish we could. I would like it if there was an ability for all of us to 'agree to disagree' sensibly. The problem is that even the most staunch anti-media necons watch Fox news from time to time, and the citations of Limbaugh and the like make it DAMN difficult to not make our issues personal.

The other problem is that a lot of people have a problem with segregating attacks of their ideas with attacks on THEM.

I would pledge to attack only ideas here, but I know that someone will drop the ball, mis read what I said, take it personally and attack me.
Should I try to take the higher ethical ground (as I don't believe in morals or God) sure. It's awefully difficult when so many others sink so low though...

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 1):
wtf did I do?

Unless you are a webmaster, I imagine you had a case of being a normal human.
This space intentionally left blank

DLKAPA
Topic Author

Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:30 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 7):

If you don't like it, either lump it or don't read it. Your holier-than-thou attitude doesn't impress me.

Ditto.

Falcon84

Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:33 am

DLKAPA, I'm holier than no one on here, and won't pretend to be. I don't get into fence-sitters, who say "tsk tsk" to both sides, as if they're somehow better than everyone else. I put out what I believe, stand by it ,and let the chips fall as they may. I'm not going to watch from the sideline, my friend. If I want to get involved in a discussion, I do. If I don't, I don't. But I don't bitch about anyone participating, or making their view known-unless it's Libturdslayer.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Sydscott

Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:33 am

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 6):
Ok not so much that the freedom itself does, but people use freedom of speech to promote their own ignorance

I remember an episode of Yes Minister where Sir Humphrey explains that people in a democracy do not have the right know things but they do have the right to be ignorant.

Still in this forum it doesn't matter who or what you support, or dont support, because you will be branded a leftie or a right winger by someone of the opposing view to yourself. I find it strange that political debate can be so polarised nowadays with everyone feeling the need to be left or right with no-one in the middle to provide something sensible.

DLKAPA
Topic Author

Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:39 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 10):
DLKAPA, I'm holier than no one on here, and won't pretend to be.

See

Quoting Falcon84:
Or the fact that your Savior, George W. Bush is on it

Whatever you want to believe about yourself you come off like you think you're better than every conservative here.

ANCFlyer

Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:47 am

DLKAPA . . . hate to break this you young man, but this thread starter of yours puts you in the same league as the folks you so graciously highlighted.

I'm jealous I wasn't included in the esteemed list of violators  crazy   biggrin 
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

Falcon84

Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:50 am

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 12):
Whatever you want to believe about yourself you come off like you think you're better than every conservative here.

That's not my problem. I cannot control how others perceive what I say. Everyone's perception is different.

Again, I say what I think, and may the chips fall where they may.
Work Right, Fly Hard

DLKAPA
Topic Author

Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:56 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 13):
I'm jealous I wasn't included in the esteemed list of violators

You're one of the few people here who doesn't post ignorant shit.

theCoz

Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:07 pm

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 15):
You're one of the few people here who doesn't post ignorant shit.

Everyone is ignorant in regard to something. I see nothing wrong with ignorant posts, considering the poster learns from what they post.

Instead of bashing people for their ignorance, why not try to educate them instead?

DLKAPA
Topic Author

Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:10 pm

Quoting TheCoz (Reply 16):

Instead of bashing people for their ignorance, why not try to educate them instead?

I have. Some people are a lost cause.

TedTAce

Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:13 pm

Quoting TheCoz (Reply 16):
Everyone is ignorant in regard to something. I see nothing wrong with ignorant posts, considering the poster learns from what they post.

I know I have learned a few things here by shoving my foot in my mouth. I have also learned that some people are not as smart as they think (HTML editing DLKAPA, look it up.)

I think the main problem is with those who are un-willing to learn. Whoever/whatever you think you are, if you refuse to learn, you are doomed to the fate of obsolescence.

DLKAPA
Topic Author

Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:18 pm

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 18):
(HTML editing DLKAPA, look it up.)

http://rockymountainavphotos.com/Eric/myhomepagecoding.html Sorry but I did all that and everything linked to it. And if you really want to nit-pick, do you know how to create a table in HTML?

TPASXM787

Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:19 pm

I'm jealous I wasn't included in the esteemed list of violators

>>>gotta say I'm surprised I wasn't mentioned as well.
This is the Last Stop.

diamond

Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:20 pm

Eric,

The U.S. is more divided and 'positional' than it has ever been in history.

Although I agree with the intention of your thread-starter, why would you expect that the tone of discussion would be any more productive or constructive than the average man on the street OR the politicians in DC?

Senators, Representatives and other members of the government routinely exaggerate facts and statistics to make their points. They also routinely characterize their opponents in the most evil and negative context that is possible.

If our own government is now on that level, it's not realistic to expect discussions in this forum to possess any more integrity or honesty.
Blank.

DLKAPA
Topic Author

Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:23 pm

Quoting Diamond (Reply 21):
why would you expect that the tone of discussion would be any more productive or constructive than the average man on the street OR the politicians in DC?

Maybe I'm Naive in believing that the whole of america isn't a cesspool of stupidity, mistrust, and ignorance.

jake056

Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:27 pm

I get the distinct impression a LOT of you guys are students. Yes? If so, God bless you!! The job of students is to challenge authority!! doesn't mean you are right, but you are getting the debating skills you will need later in life. This isn't patronizing, truly, but my own observation from my life.

for those of you NOT students. Well, and your job is........?

diamond

Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:27 pm

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 22):
Maybe I'm Naive in believing that the whole of america isn't a cesspool of stupidity, mistrust, and ignorance.

Someone has to take responsibility for rising above all of the nastiness that you have referred to.

A few of us can make a difference on a.net . . . but I think it's going to be a very long time before in happens in Washington.
Blank.

theCoz

Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:28 pm

I don't agree with you on this point, but you're right about the BS that goes on between politicians.

TedTAce

Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:31 pm

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 19):
do you know how to create a table in HTML?

I haven't done it in a bit, but I know two of the tags are TR and TD

TedTAce

Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:35 pm

Here is one:

or were you looking for this:

Boeing4ever

Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:42 pm

Non Aviation used to be a fun place to browse for a couple hours. Everybody used to poke fun at people and get poked back, all in good tasted humor. What the hell happened to that?

Dude, that's such a thin assesment...damn near invisible. If you really think that, no disrespect at all, but you're quite the optimist!  rotfl  I kinda admire that though, lol!

The last few months have been nothing but the same political threads with the same players saying the same things throwing the same insults and generally going nowhere but insult-fests that everybody leaves with a bitter taste in their proverbial e-mouths.

Only the last few? In May of the year you joined Non-Av was actually temporarily made for FC members only, then eliminated altogether before Johan brought it back with the now (in)famous warning in the red box you see at the top of the Non-Av forum index. The year before that was some lovely Israel vs. Palestine fighting involving such A.net (in)famous legends as ADG and that worthless child molestor SAS23. Who remembers Twaneedsnohelp? Before I even joined or before I actually became more than a forum lurker in summer '02, there were characters like Hairyass who made B757300 look like a beatnik...or so the legend goes. Let's not forget Matt_D's fabled "Leopold" experiment, in which he made up a second username that had every extreme stereotype of a "raging liberal" down to a T. He got caught of course, and for a week was known as "Matt_D-leted".  Silly Personally, I wonder if Matt_D is not responsible for Libturdslayer...as that one fit the conservative stereotypes way too well.

Yup, A.net has always been a place for calm, respectful, fun, discussion...

In a trashy soap-opera, low-rate reality TV show, Jerry Springer kinda way.  Wink

Yup, Airliners.net - You could rename the site InsaneAsylum.net and noone would know the difference.  Wink

airplane B4e-Forever New Frontiers airplane 

texdravid

Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:48 pm

Although I agree with the intention of your thread-starter, why would you expect that the tone of discussion would be any more productive or constructive than the average man on the street OR the politicians in DC?

Senators, Representatives and other members of the government routinely exaggerate facts and statistics to make their points. They also routinely characterize their opponents in the most evil and negative context that is possible.

If our own government is now on that level, it's not realistic to expect discussions in this forum to possess any more integrity or honesty.

Very true. The rhetoric and bad-blood in Washington is at an all time high right now, courtesy of BOTH sides. No one in Washington is smelling rosey at this time.

There is no room for moderation anymore. Interest groups have taken over and they are demanding absolute allegiance from the politicians.
Tort reform now. Throw lawyers in jail later.

ShyFlyer

Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:53 pm

Quote:

DLKAPA, Reply 22

Generally speaking, the American public no longer think for themselves. They believe every news report they see, not considering for a moment that the reporter may have a bias or may be presenting certain facts out of context.

I once saw a news report in which the reporter interviewed a few participants at a political rally (I believe it was during the last presidential election). Those individuals did nothing more than regurgitate the sound bites they heard during the campaign.
I lift things up and put them down.

MD-90

Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:09 pm

Quoting ShyFlyer (Reply 30):
Generally speaking, the American public no longer think for themselves. They believe every news report they see, not considering for a moment that the reporter may have a bias or may be presenting certain facts out of context.

And the fed guvment likes it that way. Why else are the public schools organized the way they are? They sure aren't intended to actually teach Americans to THINK.

DLKAPA
Topic Author

Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:16 pm

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 27):
Here is one:

So is this:

Photo Copyright
Eric Daniel Smith
 Big grin

Those individuals did nothing more than regurgitate the sound bites they heard during the campaign.

No matter what side you're on that makes me sick.

DLKAPA
Topic Author

Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:17 pm

Quoting MD-90 (Reply 31):
And the fed guvment likes it that way. Why else are the public schools organized the way they are? They sure aren't intended to actually teach Americans to THINK.

And at the height of ignorance is not voting. Sorry MD-90, you're out.

diamond

Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:06 pm

Quoting TheCoz (Reply 25):
I don't agree with you on this point, but you're right about the BS that goes on between politicians.

Coz, tell me more.

At what point do you think it was ever worse than the present?

Here are two guesses that I have:

1. I think there are fewer voters that are likely to switch to the opposite political party than ever. Although a lot of people claim to be Independents, I believe that MOST are truly committed to one side or the other and will remain that way - and they have little interest in even considering the other side's views.

2. It is more difficult than ever to get a person from the opposing political party to even acknowledge your point of view, let alone agree with you. If our Congressmen were permitted to cast their votes in secret, the results would be very different. But because their voting records are very public, they ALWAYS VOTE THE PARTY LINE.

This is what I mean by being divided and positional.
Blank.

DLKAPA
Topic Author

Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:30 pm

Quoting Diamond (Reply 34):
If our Congressmen were permitted to cast their votes in secret, the results would be very different. But because their voting records are very public, they ALWAYS VOTE THE PARTY LINE.

How do you hide their votes without losing the ability to keep them accountable?

JGPH1A

Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:44 pm

Quoting Boeing4ever (Reply 28):
Everybody used to poke fun at people and get poked back, all in good tasted humor.

Humour ? Yes, definitely. Good taste ? Hmmmmm, I have my doubts ! Even with Kirkie banned, a.net is hardly Oscar Wilde / Dorothy Parker sparkling wit. One tries one's best, but really....

Smile
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

nycflyer

Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:08 pm

Oh for God's sake, enough already, you're not even American. I'm not even going to dignify that comment with a real response. Please refrain from lumping all of us 300 million Americans together.

nosedive

Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:25 pm

If our Congressmen were permitted to cast their votes in secret, the results would be very different. But because their voting records are very public, they ALWAYS VOTE THE PARTY LINE.

Actually yes, they would be different. Here's my speculation. Private voting records do not hold any accountability, thus senators/legislators can lie through their teeth and get away with it. What I mean by this is that Donor A can tell Senator A to vote for bill A. Let's say the people who elected Senator A don't like bill A, but Senator A says he didnt vote for bill A when he really did. The secret voting doesn't allow for a transparent government.

TedTAce

Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:12 pm

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 32):
So is this:

What's really funny about this is it's titled "A4andstorm.jpg", yet it's a goosehawk  Sad

That little bit of symantics aside:
A) you did a nicer table because it had something in it.
B) the picture is nicer then what I have tried to upload here

Although a lot of people claim to be Independents, I believe that MOST are truly committed to one side or the other and will remain that way

I take exception to this because I have never paid a DIME, nor participated in the advancement of any political candidate other then possibly saying I liked one better then the other. Have I voted for a major party? YES, but get this, I have voted for both Republicans and Democrats.

Ahh the classic double edged sword of corrupt politicians.. We need to take the incentives out of being a politician. You get paid what you get paid, federally fund elections so there isin't any 'extra' money floating around after an election.

Quoting Nosedive (Reply 38):
What I mean by this is that Donor A can tell Senator A to vote for bill

I know I'm slightly taking this out of context but: This is why our country is messed up...

NUAir

Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:14 pm

God isn't the 04 election over yet?

Although Kerry lost maybe some people on this forum need to relax and take it all with a grain of salt:

I don't like Bush or Kerry or the Democrat and Republican parties. I think they are all doing a hell of a job dividing the country while saying the exact same thing. The problem on A-Net and forums like this is that we don't discuss the issues on our own ideas and beliefs we discuss them based on how the Democrats or Republicans tell us how to think on the issues.

I think a lot of people who used to actually have very insightful views and contribute greatly to the political conversations have stopped posting to those threads long ago because of this democrat and republican gang mentality.
"How Many Assholes we got on this ship?" - Lord Helmet

ANCFlyer

Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:20 pm

Quoting NUair (Reply 40):
The problem on A-Net and forums like this is that we don't discuss the issues on our own ideas and beliefs we discuss them based on how the Democrats or Republicans tell us how to think on the issues.

I thoroughly disagree here. If that were the case, I'd hate Gay Marriage, would believe without question there are WMD in Iraq, think PotUS has a Great Plan for my Social Security, on and on.

I think everyone speaks their mind and states what they think, some of those ideas simply happen to be on line with one or another political party - or a combination of ideas from both sides of the aisle.

Edit: Typo

[Edited 2005-06-09 15:21:32]
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

theCoz

Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:04 am

Coz, tell me more.

At what point do you think it was ever worse than the present?

Diamond, what about the Civil War?

diamond

Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:18 am

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 35):
How do you hide their votes without losing the ability to keep them accountable?

I understand that point completely - and I do value the idea of a 'transparent' government. But the fact is that politicians are NOT voting issue-by-issue on what they truly believe to be "RIGHT" or "WRONG". Because they are affiliated with a specific party, they are expected to vote only one way on a particular issue ... and with very few exceptions they DO.

Quoting TheCoz (Reply 42):
Diamond, what about the Civil War?

That's a bit of a stretch. In an era of secession, things went far beyond partisan politics. Let's leave this discussion to the period of time when the U.S. was at least ONE cohesive union.
Blank.

tristarenvy

Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:30 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 41):
I think everyone speaks their mind and states what they think, some of those ideas simply happen to be on line with one or another political party - or a combination of ideas from both sides of the aisle.

Well said.

I am more than willing to listen to any side of an argument. When I am making my decision about it, Just because I am a Republican, I don't think, "Well, what would Dubya Do?" I do what I feel is right. If my party does something I don't agree with (Schaivo case), I will make my displeasure heard in one of a couple of ways. One, bring it up HERE, and TWO, vote my conscience at the next election.
If you don't stand for SOMETHING, you'll fall for ANYTHING.

diamond

Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:42 am

Quoting TriStarEnvy (Reply 44):
am more than willing to listen to any side of an argument. When I am making my decision about it, Just because I am a Republican, I don't think, "Well, what would Dubya Do?"

Has any Democrat or Liberal member of a.net EVER persuaded you to change your position on anything?
Blank.

tristarenvy

Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:52 am

Quoting Diamond (Reply 45):
Has any Democrat or Liberal member of a.net EVER persuaded you to change your position on anything?

So far...."Change"...not really. "Enlighten"...certainly.

That doesn't mean it couldn't happen...

And just because I state I am a "Republican" it does not automatically mean I walk in lockstep with everything my party does.

[Edited 2005-06-09 20:54:58]
If you don't stand for SOMETHING, you'll fall for ANYTHING.

ltbewr

Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:40 am

I am like most Americans, A moderate. Although I am a 'card carrying Democrat', I do not always agree with the extreme social liberal views, such as Gay Marriage, of that part of the party. Nor do I subscribe to the views of extreme Republican pro-business absolusist and social conservative views. While I want our country to be strong as needed, I also want us to be diplomatic rather than go to war (as in Iraq). I want a government to be concerned for our citizens, but not tax them to the poorhouse. I want business to thrive, but not at the cost of disapperaring jobs or degraging our enviroment.
Yes, sometimes the political discussions here are heated and some posters are very polar in thier views, but they also show what is great about this website (not just in this part of it), that one can express different views and get support or be challanged.

KyleLosAngeles

Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:26 am

edit
edit
edit
edit
edit
edit

duplicate post

[Edited 2005-06-09 23:26:35]
Happy 2006

iakobos

Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:40 am

The dust created by the successive and unfortunate events of the last 4 years has not settled yet. There is little doubt that these have exacerbated the nervous system of many, especially among the youngest ones.

On a more general but related note, the technological advancements in the domain of communication makes it possible today

- to the tv media to bring live information, subsequent detailed news within 10 minutes, and complete analysis within 30.
- to the same to feed us various news simultaneously, for many a 6-word banner is all they need to form an opinion.
- to the same, to target specific audiences, make their programmes accordingly and make sure that the said audience gets deeply hooked and will only eat from them.
- to anyone with one finger, a keyboard and a phone connection, to make his (seldom "her") opinion known to the world (best case) or throw up language that would not even fit animals (worst case).
- if harm is done, no problem, one is never within reach anyway.

How in this frantic world can a young person have a balanced view of anything, or alternatively, use some caution before speaking up, or also, read and think before opening it ?