deltadude8

A.net Summer Olympics 2005 In ____,____?

Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:55 am

Carried over from the World Cup discussion:

maybe we should do the olympics??? I would do it...and I think guys here would too....

Sports would include:
-Soccer/Football
-Track + Field
-Swimming

(The Summer Olympics in ________, _________ 2005)

To submit a city bid select a photo containing one of that citys airports same system will apply as counting the world cup stuff...)I am going to carry this over to another post and maybe a website.....hm...Bird email me if you want to help since you started this whole thing(

and...:

okay...so I did a little work...threw a webpage togather really quickly that we can move the games to- (information wise ie. game scores, standings etc. ) But discussion will remain in this form...Anyway if you are interested take a look at :

http://www.angelfire.com/wi3/anetolys05/index.html

and then email me at Delta71287@yahoo.com

and let me know so I know if I should keep building the webpage (ie. make it look a lot better- i seriously just spent only 2-3 minutes for what you see)

INNflight

RE: A.net Summer Olympics 2005 In ____,____?

Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:56 am

Sounds like a very good idea! I'd like to create a team....

BUT:

How do you want to do the track and field / swimming competitions?!? Soccer was clear... 11 players, the hits counted. But how athletics and swimming?!

Still, I'd keep up this idea!

cheers,
Flo
Jet Visuals

ilikeyyc

Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:33 am

Since it is a very beautiful city and the weather isn't too hot in the summer, I submit a bid for Calgary, Alberta, Canada (which, BTW, was the host of the 1988 winter olympics).

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Jerry Search

View Large View Medium

Photo © Andy Vanderheyden

View Large View Medium

Photo © Noel Kenneth Melton

Fighting Absurdity with Absurdity!

aa777jr

Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:50 am

I doubt NYC is gonna get the 2012 Summer Olympics.

I personally routing for Paris.  Smile

Regards.
A liberal is a man who is right most of the time, but he's right too soon.

CaptOveur

Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:32 am

Sounds like the special olympics to me.. Well, maybe if dating was an event anyway.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

DLKAPA

Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:54 am

I totally don't get this...  confused 
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

KCmike

Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:55 am

Munich, Germany

It's a city that is well known internationaly. With some renevations...it already has an Olympic Park for the events to take part in as well as a brand new stadium north of city (for FIFA World Cup 2006). It is very attractive and tourist friendly for those who are from out of town spectators for the games. A nice night life, vote for Munchen!!!

Prost,
Mike
Cleared for the option...

ltbewr

Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:27 am

The "A.net Summer Olympics" should be NY City/metro area. We have 4 airports (JFK, EWR, LGA and Islip) so get almost all types and models of commercial pax and freigher a/c, many international airlines and almost all USA based major airlines and many LLC's (Islip has WN service). The NYC area provided plenty of hotels and other entertainment.
The spotting events could be difficult, especially at EWR. Other events could easliy be held and could include: the luggage transfer relay race, the marathon - to the airports in traffic, spot as many different airlines and aircraft in 1 hour, name as many airlines serving an airport in 20 minutes event, the connecting flight sprint and middle distance races, the quickest to get through TSA security race and others, the find the cheapest flight match, the connect between the airports relay race, the patiance during delays from summer thunderstorms event, an event to see how long one can spot at any airport without being harrassed by the police event, and so on.

bill142

Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:42 am

Aww come on guys CBR is the place to be!!