oldeuropean

One Inventor Of "Freedom Fries" Changed His Mind

Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:04 pm

Rep. Walter Jones of North Carolina helped lead an effort to make sure Capitol Hill cafeterias retooled their menus to advertise "freedom fries" instead of french fries to protest France's opposition to the war.

He made a first step and changed his mind.
"We've done about as much as we can do" in the country and that the reason for invading Iraq has proven false."

"When I look at the number of men and women who have been killed _ it's almost 1,700 now, in addition to close to 12,000 have been severely wounded _ and I just feel that the reason of going in for weapons of mass destruction, the ability of the Iraqis to make a nuclear weapon, that's all been proven that it was never there," Jones said on ABC's "This Week."

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS.../13/congressman.iraq.ap/index.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn.../06/12/AR2005061201109.html?sub=AR

I hope that, one day, he and his fellows will apologize for their offenses to "Old Europe" and the remaining 98 percent of the world, who opposed the American adventure in Iraq.

Well, I don`t believe that Rumsfeld will apologize, because he would have to take the blame.

Axel

[Edited 2005-06-14 12:07:32]
Wer nichts weiss muss alles glauben

Superfly

RE: One Inventor Of "Freedom Fries" Changed His Mind

Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:21 am

Great article.
I am sure too many of his constituents have been affected by this war and loyalty to your President can only go so far.
Bring back the Concorde

EGGD

Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:51 am

Jesus, well I guess we should keep this kind of thing to ourselves shouldn't we? I mean, it's not very AMERICAN to critisize your own government, or to have your own government critisized, is it? This guy should probably have realized his mistake and kept quiet about it, for the sake of America! After all, it's his god given right to not to point out his own and his countries mistakes in the past. But the damn fool did it anyway, and our good friend oldeuropean just had to quote from the news article. Why can't people not post this sort of stuff? Can't we just have threads about the good things that the US has done?

Superfly

Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:54 am

Interesting cartoon in todays paper.

Bring back the Concorde

WellHung

Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:55 am

Quoting Airlinelover (Reply 2):
Oh goodie.. the Bush Bashers are at it again. Don't you ever want to do something else, like maybe have a life?

Chris

Sorry son. The first mention of Bush in this thread is by YOU.

EGGD

Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:56 am

LMAO, Failure fries! Classy..

OzarkD9S

Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:01 am

"Failure Fries"....only because they couldn't print "Fuck-up Fries".
Next up: STL-OAK-RNO-LAS-ICT-STL

Schoenorama

RE: One Inventor Of "Freedom Fries" Changed His Mi

Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:08 am

Quoting EGGD (Reply 3):
Why can't people not post this sort of stuff? Can't we just have threads about the good things that the US has done?

I completely agree!

President Bush and Donald Rumsfeld doing their utmost to rid the World of Evil Dictators!

/sarcasm
Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

bravo7e7

Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:28 am

Oh wow!
One man changed his mind (two if you count John Kerry). Who gives a shit?

daedaeg

Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:31 am

OldEuropean, maybe you should refocus your efforts on the weak and ineffective leadership of Europe. The world would be a much better place if you did.
Everyday you're alive is a good day.

aloges

Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:32 am

Quoting BRAVO7E7 (Reply 9):

I hate to admit it, but you guys are almost as funny as EGGD's little parody on you!  Silly
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

bravo7e7

Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:34 am

Quoting Aloges (Reply 11):

I hate to admit it, but you guys are almost as funny as EGGD's little parody on you!

Happy to hear that I could entertain you!

jetjack74

Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:31 am

"I actually did vote for the 87 Billion dollars, before I voted against it" Quoting JFK (John F. Kerry)
Made from jets!

Superfly

Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:36 am

What does John Kerry have to do with this?  Confused
Bring back the Concorde

whitehatter

Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:41 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 14):
What does John Kerry have to do with this?

Another neoclown playing their favourite card

Lead me not into temptation, I can find my own way there...

Superfly

Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:43 am

Quoting WhiteHatter (Reply 15):
Another neoclown playing their favourite card

LOL!  Silly
Funny!
Bring back the Concorde

S12PPL

Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:02 am

Isn't it funny how the same people that bash the democrats, and Kerry, and all who oppose the war, are the same ones that can't stand to hear it when more and more politicians stop supporting Bush, and his cronies for they're many screw ups??

Bush's approval ratings have hit record lows, and the same people who screamed how wrong it was for France to oppose us, are now realizing they might just have been wrong to put all they're eggs in one basket with the President....And now the Bush Backers can't stand to hear about it. Don't like being on the losing side of things???
Next Flights: 12/31 AS804 PDX-MCO 2/3 AS19 MCO-SEA QX2545 SEA-PDX

Schoenorama

Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:15 am

Who gives a shit?

I do!

Quoting Daedaeg (Reply 10):
OldEuropean, maybe you should refocus your efforts on the weak and ineffective leadership of Europe. The world would be a much better place if you did.

Tell you what, why don't we just all bash the French (and ignore they were right in the end) like we all did on the good ol' days?

Quoting S12PPL (Reply 17):
Bush's approval ratings have hit record lows, and the same people who screamed how wrong it was for France to oppose us, are now realizing they might just have been wrong to put all they're eggs in one basket with the President.

Not only that, they're also telling others what they can or can't start threads about! Hows that for Free Speech!?

oldeuropean

Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:17 am

Quoting Daedaeg (Reply 10):

Dude, did you read my post? What has it to do with any European leadership? We don`t need and nobody (except some power-hungry politicians) wants any leadership! Do you really think, that one nation has the right to rule the world? The world will shit on such a country.

Axel

[Edited 2005-06-14 20:26:07]

Superfly

Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:26 am

S12PPL:
Well said.
Also many of the Bush supporters here don't even know that Rep. Walter Jones of North Carolina is a fellow Republican.
Bring back the Concorde

S12PPL

Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:57 am

Superfly:
Thanks...I just think it's odd that all of a sudden when the Bush Backers see they're golden boy slipping...or rather falling, they like to lash out at all that point it out. None of them want to accept that people are starting to realize there is no end in sight to this war in Iraq. All of a sudden going in guns 'a 'blazin isn't such a good idea

Now the one that help spawn "Freedom Fries" is realizing he may have jumped a little too quickly to conclusions, and he's admitting it. And all of a sudden he gets blasted by the same people that sang his praise. Funny, isn't it?

EGGD

Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:01 am

I think the biggest irony is the ones who vocally embraced the idea of 'freedom' fries are now the ones shouting the loudest.

aloges

Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:07 am

Quoting EGGD (Reply 22):
I think the biggest irony is the ones who vocally embraced the idea of 'freedom' fries are now the ones shouting the loudest.

They're always the loudmouths, it's a pity they're probably not going to change. Sad how "standing up for one's beliefs" so often turns into "being too blind to see how things change".

[Edited 2005-06-14 21:16:31]

clipperhawaii

Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:15 am

What is funny is all the critisism and name calling to this guy for his freedom fries remark. Now he is some vaulted messiah.

Yeah we know the types. Honestly who cares what this guy says. Nothing is going to change. And good too!
"You Can't Beat The Experience"

aloges

Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:20 am

Quoting Clipperhawaii (Reply 24):
Now he is some vaulted messiah.

ROFL! All we "pinko-commie Eurolibs" did was commanding him for admitting he was wrong (and also "carried away"). Yet, in your well-known "all or nothing" world, we're worshipping him like a Messiah!?  rotfl 

Honestly who cares what this guy says. Nothing is going to change.

You righties sure did care about the "nice blow" delivered to those "terrorist-hugging cowardly French" when "Freedom Fries" were put on the menu instead of French Fries.

clipperhawaii

Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:26 am

Quoting Aloges (Reply 25):
pinko-commie Eurolibs

Your words not mine. But if you want to charecterize yourself as such be my guest.  Smile

Quoting Aloges (Reply 25):
"nice blow" delivered to those "terrorist-hugging cowardly French" when "Freedom Fries" were put on the menu instead of French Fries.

Not my words. But if people want to use the description let them. Who cares? I don't.  veryhappy 

Nothing has changed. That makes me happy.  yes 

aloges

Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:33 am

Quoting Clipperhawaii (Reply 26):
Your words not mine.

Note the quotation marks... I've been called a commie and a Eurolib more than once, every time by some American who felt a desperate need to show his love for GWB. About the same goes for the other terms I quoted.

But if you want to charecterize yourself as such be my guest.

"Silly German kid" passes on this one. But thank you anyway, enlightened American grownup.

Nothing has changed. That makes me happy.

A little thing has changed - that's what they always do, whether you deny it or not.

[Edited 2005-06-14 21:37:22]

clipperhawaii

Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:45 am

Quoting Aloges (Reply 27):
"Silly German kid" passes on this one. But thank you anyway, enlightened American grownup.

American grown up? No, just an adult. One day you will come to the realization that "Aloges' perfect youthful view of the world" does not, nor will ever exsist.

And for the rest of us, that's a good thing. Enjoy the book!

yes 

aloges

Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:55 am

Quoting Clipperhawaii (Reply 28):
American grown up? No, just an adult.

You mean, by age?

One day you will come to the realization that "Aloges' perfect youthful view of the world" does not, nor will ever exsist.

It does however "exist", and that's not about to change. What do you know about my "youthful" view of the world anyway to make such a statement? Or are you just trying to convince yourself you know better than me because you're older and can't live with the fact that other people may have very valid and well founded differing opinions?

Schoenorama

Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:59 am

Yeah we know the types. Honestly who cares what this guy says. Nothing is going to change. And good too!

These 'types' are your politicians, Clipper. These are the guys (and gals) you elected!

N1120A

Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:18 am

American grown up? No, just an adult. One day you will come to the realization that "Aloges' perfect youthful view of the world" does not, nor will ever exsist.

Well, while your lack of respect for Aloges is obvious, how about I say, as an adult, that I completely agree with him and based on his posts in these forums, deem him far more worthy of my respect than you
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

EGGD

Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:22 am

But your French, your opinions don't matter to real red blooded Americans. That is except if your opinion in some way tarnishes their utopian view of their own nation.

clipperhawaii

Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:29 am

Quoting Schoenorama (Reply 30):
These 'types' are your politicians, Clipper. These are the guys (and gals) you elected!

Sorry, he is not my politician, I never voted for him nor do I live in his district. Guess we are similar there huh? LOL

As for the German young man, since you brought it up...

Quoting Aloges (Reply 29):
You mean, by age?

No, just worldly experience. You don't have that. Sorry but you don't. Being an adult and having the knowledge gained over time is called experience. Perhaps one day you will be experienced too. But that is totally up to you. Think about it. Experience is gained over time. There's hope, don't worry! LOL

Have a great day. I am.  veryhappy 

B744F

Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:31 am

People need to brush up on their American history. How can you bash a country that was THE reason we won the war against England? How quickly memory fades.

Superfly

Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:33 am

Quoting B744F (Reply 34):
People need to brush up on their American history. How can you bash a country that was THE reason we won the war against England? How quickly memory fades.

Agreed but keep in mind, these are Bush supporters. They tend to be very dumb people.
Bring back the Concorde

daedaeg

Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:39 am

Quoting EGGD (Reply 3):
I mean, it's not very AMERICAN to critisize your own government, or to have your own government critisized, is it?

There is nothing wrong with criticizing government. But what goes on in these threads is usually whining and rambling. Something that the lefty looseys have become absolute masters at.
Everyday you're alive is a good day.

B744F

Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:40 am

Quoting Daedaeg (Reply 36):
There is nothing wrong with criticizing government. But what goes on in these threads is usually whining and rambling. Something that the lefty looseys have become absolute masters at.

No, whinning and rambling are the responses to good questions thrown at the blind right and also how GWB responds to any tough question thrown at him. "because.. errm ummm uhhh THEY'RE EVIL!"

[Edited 2005-06-14 22:41:13]

clipperhawaii

Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:43 am

Nail? Hammer? I'd say that quote slammed that nail so hard they heared it in la la land.

Good one!  thumbsup 

B744F

Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:46 am

Quoting Clipperhawaii (Reply 38):
Nail? Hammer? I'd say that quote slammed that nail so hard they heared it in la la land.

Good one!

Far from it

S12PPL

Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:50 am

What a biased, rash statement. What you just said is about as hypicritcal as it comes.

aloges

Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:50 am

Quoting Clipperhawaii (Reply 33):
No, just worldly experience. You don't have that. Sorry but you don't.

Oh well... I guess you know all about the amount of worldly experience one can have at age 20. Such as seeing loved ones die a slow and painful death, being far, far away from everyone you know for a long time, having one's most beautiful dream shattered, trying to make the ends of the month and the money meet, sorting out problems at work, feeling somehow exploited without being able to do anything about it etc... Sure I don't have 36 to 45 years of experience, but I also lack the arrogance that can apparently come with it.

Something that the lefty looseys have become absolute masters at.

Too beautiful to disgrace it with a comment...

clipperhawaii

Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:55 am

Quoting Aloges (Reply 41):
Sure I don't have 36 to 45 years of experience,

I know....I know you don't. Perhaps one day you will. And thus making my point.

Thanks!  veryhappy 

Superfly

Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:56 am

Are you serious?
Rep. Walter Jones of North Carolina is a Republican !
The first "whining" in this thread came from a Bush backer.
Explain that.
Bring back the Concorde

aloges

Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:07 am

Quoting Clipperhawaii (Reply 42):
I know....I know you don't. Perhaps one day you will. And thus making my point.

If only you knew how well all those posts of yours are proving my other point.

Quoting Aloges (Reply 41):
I also lack the arrogance that can apparently come with it.

oldeuropean

Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:17 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 43):
Are you serious?
Rep. Walter Jones of North Carolina is a Republican !
The first "whining" in this thread came from a Bush backer.
Explain that.

Forget it, they don`t understand it. They are so fanatical, they don`t want to understand it.

Quoting Clipperhawaii (Reply 33):
No, just worldly experience. You don't have that. Sorry but you don't. Being an adult and having the knowledge gained over time is called experience. Perhaps one day you will be experienced too. But that is totally up to you. Think about it. Experience is gained over time. There's hope, don't worry! LOL

I have 36 to 45 years of experience, but in your case I do not see anything else than ignorance.

Axel

[Edited 2005-06-14 23:34:09]

Superfly

Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:28 am

Quoting Aloges (Reply 44):
If only you knew how well all those posts of yours are proving my other point.

Bushloving conservatives always prove there ignorance.
Clipperhawaii backed up your post and Daedaeg backed up mines.  bigthumbsup 
Bring back the Concorde

aloges

Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:37 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 46):
Bushloving conservatives always prove there ignorance.

As do most "I'll vote xxx party no matter what" people... I have to admit, sometimes I do ponder about voting for the righties this autumn, since their victory would at least release my country from the gridlock it's in. The decisions the CDU would probably take if they were in power are a whole different issue, though.  raincloud 

clipperhawaii

Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:43 am

Quoting Aloges (Reply 47):
I have to admit, sometimes I do ponder about voting for the righties this autumn, since their victory would at least release my country from the gridlock it's in.

I will let this perfect quote speak for itself on gaining "experience". Congratulations Aloges, you are transforming right between our eyes in this very thread! Well done!

WOW!

oldeuropean

Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:43 am

Quoting Aloges (Reply 47):
The decisions the CDU would probably take if they were in power are a whole different issue, though.

Well, I don`t think so (these are more "Similar Fries"), but this is another story. Big grin

Axel

[Edited 2005-06-14 23:44:44]

Klaus

Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:51 am

Quoting ClipperHawaii (Reply 48):
I will let this perfect quote speak for itself on gaining "experience". Congratulations Aloges, you are transforming right between our eyes in this very thread! Well done!

I think you´ve embarrassed yourself enough, Clipper. No need to exacerbate the situation any further...  crazy