flybyguy

Batman Begins

Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:10 pm

Hello all,

*No Spoilers so relax

Just came back from viewing Batman Begins... It was a phenomenal movie, probably the best I've seen in a while. I especially liked the character Dr. Crane/Scarecrow so coldly charismatic it sent chills down my spine. Ra's Al Ghul's fight scenes with Bruce Wane/Batman were superb.

I will definitely add this film to my collection when it comes out to DVD... I think such a gesture is an honor considering that not many movies have the distinction of being owned by me.  smile 

Secondly, do you think the makers of Batman Begins are going to attempt making a series of films separate from the original Batman series of the 1990s? I feel that this film has done a good job at distinguishing itself from the original series, it doesn't even share the familiar Batman theme.

I feel that the makers of Batman Begins separated themselves from the original series with good reason, Batman 3 and 4 were travesties to filmmaking... however 1 and 2 were masterpieces.

For those who have seen it or are going to see it what are your thoughts?
"Are you a pretender... or a thoroughbred?!" - Professor Matt Miller

Springbok747

RE: Batman Begins

Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:21 pm

Yup, saw it yesterday. It was an awesome movie, the best Batman ever. Liked the Batmobile... Big grin
אני תומך בישראל

ozguy

Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:21 pm

I liked it aswell. Some prequels get way to involved with trying to make the story fit into the rest but the director made this batman fit into the series seamlessly.

I'd just gotten out of an English Exam when I saw the movie so maybe I hadn't come out of my 'must analyze everything put in front of me' mode but are Katie Holmes lips distractingly lopsided in that movie? It looks as though she's pulling them up on the right side of her face. At first I thought it was overacting but it didn't stop...maybe it's just me...

Cheers,
OzGuy

UTA_flyinghigh

Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:05 pm

Let's hope it ends fast.

UTA  checkeredflag 
Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards

MSYtristar

Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:47 am

I saw it last night. Kick ass movie. Maybe the best comic-based movie I've ever seen.

Christian Bale's portrayal of Bruce Wayne reminded me a lot of his portrayal of Patrick Bateman in "American Psycho". He did an amazing job. That guy is good in everything that he does. It's about time he got some recognition.