flyAUA

Glastonbury Silent Disco: Stupid Idea?

Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:39 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4621897.stm

This is just utter stupidity. If you can't make noise, then simply move the event somewhere else. A headset is not going to give you the same feeling that you'd get if you could feel the bass, hear the cheers, and the people. Besides those people look like twats with those things on dancing  irked 
Not drinking, also isn't a solution!

Mexicana757

RE: Glastonbury Silent Disco: Stupid Idea?

Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:05 am

How boring. Must be weird to see those people dance with no music in the background.

Noise patrols, sounds like they took a page out of the town where I went to college. The police went around with their noise recording machines to the houses where there were parties. If the noise that was coming from the house was greater than what they set, the person responsible for the party got a $100 fine.

flyAUA

Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:59 pm

Quoting Mexicana757 (Reply 1):
Noise patrols, sounds like they took a page out of the town where I went to college. The police went around with their noise recording machines to the houses where there were parties. If the noise that was coming from the house was greater than what they set, the person responsible for the party got a $100 fine.

Ouch, $100! That's a lot of money, but in the case of houses in residential areas I can understand that this is a nuisance. These festivals are usually well far awar from any place where people live.

ozguy

Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:12 pm

"And as not all fans were tuned into the same DJ, it was "a laugh" to see people dancing to different music, he added."

hyper   box   bouncy   hissyfit   old   bouncy 

This is hilarious. As soon as I got to the bit about being able to choose from two different DJs I got this horrid imagery of the awkwardness in the room with everyone feeling a different beat, then this quote confirmed the thought. I'd pay to see this. Stupid idea though.

Cheers,

OzGuy

ArmitageShanks

Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:31 pm

And you British make fun of us sometimes, sheesh.

All in good fun.

flyAUA

Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:26 pm

Quoting ArmitageShanks (Reply 4):
And you British make fun of us sometimes, sheesh.

Banco, Kirkie, where are you?  stirthepot 

planespotterx

Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:34 am

Well with some of the line-up they have at Glastonbury this year I cant blame them for wanting to go to sleep, 3/4 of the bands they have there this year are utter tosh imo.
Its not the fall that kills u, its the sudden stop at the end..