Espion007
Topic Author

Food Poisoning

Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:53 am

So,how often do you usually get food poisoning? I almost never have it,so I just have to share this gruesome story.

Yuck. I never would have expected $7.50 worth of buffalo wings would bring me so much pain. Yesterday I bought 12 wings from a local sub place. it was ok going down, but 5 hours later i felt like i was miscarriaging satan's child  yuck  It didnt end there. I had no idea what was causing so much pain so i went to the bathroom (had no idea since last time i got food posioning i was 5) and thank god i did when i did-I was doubled over in acute pain and was barely able to wipe,when suddenly i started vomitying REALLY bad.  vomit  I mean it got everywhere. Ended up getting 2 hours of sleep-and woke up to a case of diarrhea. Im getting better now-but this is something i will never forget.
Snakes on a Plane!

ArmitageShanks

RE: Food Poisoning

Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:16 am

I got it in Jamaica once. Absolutely miserable experience that I don't want to repeat again. That's the one and only time I've had it. Now, I'm really cautious about expiration dates and cross-contamination.

Arsenal@LHR

Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:45 am

Food poisoning is a nasty and horrible experience, luckily i've only had it once two years ago. I got it from (i suspect) a sandwich i ate on a thursday afternoon, friday was the one of the most uncomfortable and distressing days i've had so far.
In Arsene we trust!!

MD11LuxuryLinr

Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:09 am

Oh, man. I had it once about 5 years ago. It got it from a bad turkey sandwich. I thought I was going to die. I had such horrible diarrhea and pain. I was literally pissing out of my ass..  yuck 
Caution wake turbulence, you are following a heavy jet.

redngold

Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:34 am

I got Norwalk virus one time... Cross-contaminated dining hall food... I was one of three hundred cases and I ended up lying on a cot in the hallway of the student health center. Stuff coming out both ends... dehydration... Even after I was released the next day, I was still sick and I continued to have hallucinations from fever and dehydration two days later.

Definitely not an experience I wish to repeat.
Up, up and away!

Matt D

Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:40 am

Never had food poisoning that I'm aware of. Although I should point out that whenever I eat a breakfast suasage burrito from the local diner, it gives me the toots and gas that would bring tears to a glass eye and empty out a strip club filled with sailors.

aa61hvy

Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:42 am

I've gotten food poisoning 3x's. Twice at Chick-Fil-a and one at Blimpee. Chick-Fil-a was two seperate times. I had the grilled chicken sandwich, at one location, then 6 months later same thing at a different location. Bad chicken, damn. Then Blimpee, the mayonaise must have been bad, I puked for a long long time.
Go big or go home

Springbok747

Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:51 am

I had it once about 3 years ago...in India. I ate a McDonalds burger (expensive shit...McDonalds is really expensive in India). About 3 hours later, I felt so sick, vomitted all over the place, and had a really bad case of diarrhea. It took me almost a whole week to recover....  vomit 
אני תומך בישראל

USAFHummer

Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:57 am

I got it from a Subway sandwich purchased in my school's student union...the next 24 hours were a hellish mix of a fever and several long and urgent visits to the nearest toilets...don't think Ive ever felt more sick in my entire life...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

LFutia

Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:25 pm

I got Gastroenteritis in India (august 2002)... threw up and had diarrhea... then on my way home I contracted Bacterial Meningitis... from a mosquito bite in India... developed cold like symptoms on the plane.. ate food then the next day horrible headache and more vomiting.. I had to be hospitalised in India and the US... i was very dehydrated and i needed to be poked several times for an IV...

ive never done so much puking in my life in 1 month.

[Edited 2005-06-30 06:29:35]
Leo/ORD -- Groetjes uit de VS! -- Heeft u laatst nog met KLM gevlogen?

ArmitageShanks

Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:50 pm

Quoting Redngold (Reply 4):
and I continued to have hallucinations from fever

I had the same thing!! My brother and dad kept messing with me because I would wake up and have these wild visions and thoughts. They would provoke me during them and mess with me. It was terrible, haha. I can still remember exactly what I was thinking and seeing.

CaptOveur

Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:36 pm

I once got a blizzard at a Dairy Queen in the mall... Then about the time I got home I shit my brains out for the next 24 hours... I had no idea i could get food poisoning from ice cream.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.