saxdiva

Are You A Geek?

Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:41 pm

New poll, probably written just for a.netters.

Not surprisingly, I scored big on this one.

Ho-hum,
Leanne

You are 66% geek
You are a geek. Good for you! Considering the endless complexity of the universe, as well as whatever discipline you happen to be most interested in, you'll never be bored as long as you have a good book store, a net connection, and thousands of dollars worth of expensive equipment. Assuming you're a technical geek, you'll be able to afford it, too. If you're not a technical geek, you're geek enough to mate with a technical geek and thereby get the needed dough. Dating tip: Don't date a geek of the same persuasion as you. You'll constantly try to out-geek the other.

Take the Polygeek Quiz at Thudfactor.com

ANCFlyer

RE: Are You A Geek?

Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:10 pm

You are 16% geek
OK, so maybe you ain't a geek. You do, at least, show a bit of interest in the world around you. Either that, or you have enough of a sense of humor to pick some of the sillier answers on the test. Regardless, you're probably a pretty nifty, well-rounded person who gets along fine with people and can chat with just about anyone without fear of looking stupid or foolish or overly concerned with minutiae. God, I hate you.

Well, I kinda knew this already . . .

Now if only there were a test called:

Are you an Prick?  biggrin 

Quoting Saxdiva (Thread starter):
Not surprisingly, I scored big on this one.

That's okay, we luv ya anyways. . .
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

UTA_flyinghigh

Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:19 pm

You are 23% geekOK, so maybe you ain't a geek. You do, at least, show a bit of interest in the world around you. Either that, or you have enough of a sense of humor to pick some of the sillier answers on the test. Regardless, you're probably a pretty nifty, well-rounded person who gets along fine with people, except rhaats, and can chat with just about anyone without fear of looking stupid or foolish or overly concerned with minutiae. God, I hate you.

Lol !

Yet I work in IT and am geek enough to edit that pesky code  

UTA   

[Edited 2005-06-30 09:22:00]
Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards

707CMF

Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:47 pm

You are 20% geek
OK, so maybe you ain't a geek. You do, at least, show a bit of interest in the world around you. Either that, or you have enough of a sense of humor to pick some of the sillier answers on the test. Regardless, you're probably a pretty nifty, well-rounded person who gets along fine with people and can chat with just about anyone without fear of looking stupid or foolish or overly concerned with minutiae. God, I hate you.

Yayers, I am less a geek than UTA, yet I am a software engineer !!!

(okay, I also *did* edit that stupid code that would not display properly....)

Oh well...

Cheers,

gkirk

Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:54 pm

You are 9% geek

When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

CanadianNorth

Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:55 pm

I was a 6% geek....

CanadianNorth
What could possibly go wrong?

saxdiva

Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:58 pm

Hmm...

Maybe it was the music questions that blew it for me. Why do they have to pick on jazz, for Chrissakes?

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 1):
Now if only there were a test called:
Are you an Prick?

There can be. You write the test and I'll write.... um... the CGI script.

God, I am SUCH a f-----g loser.  banghead 

[Edited 2005-06-30 10:04:48]

Demoose

Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:53 pm

Apparently I'm 7% geek.

Mark
Take a ride...fly across the sky

flyAUA

Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:57 pm

Yaaay, low geek factor here Big grin

You are 25% geek
Not drinking, also isn't a solution!

gkirk

Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:07 pm

Fritz  Wink
I'm surprised you didnt get 100%  Silly  duck 

PipoA380

Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:29 pm

You are 14% geek

It's not about AIRBUS. it's not about BOEING. It's all about the beauty of FLYING.

atco2b

Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:47 pm

11%. OK, so maybe you ain't a geek. You do, at least, show a bit of interest in the world around you. Either that, or you have enough of a sense of humor to pick some of the sillier answers on the test. Regardless, you're probably a pretty nifty, well-rounded person who gets along fine with people and can chat with just about anyone without fear of looking stupid or foolish or overly concerned with minutiae. God, I hate you.
Hey, you want to go out for pizza and some sex? What, you don't like pizza?

pilot kaz

Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:01 pm

You are 6% geek

Wink
-

xpat

Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:09 pm

You are 22% geek

I'm disappointed. I think geeks are hot.
The only thing we have to fear is the sky falling on our heads. -Asterix

British767

Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:26 pm

I am 2% geek.

MYT332

Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:35 pm

You are 2% geek

Like I needed to take this test to find that out. Well, back to Quake III!
One Life, Live it.

KROC

Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:37 pm

You are 8% geek

gkirk

Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:49 pm

Errr...seeing as we are all members of a.net, shouldnt we all be at least in the 80% geek rating?  Confused  Yeah sure

BNE

Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:54 pm

10%.
Why fly non stop when you can connect

greasespot

Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:54 pm

Final Score:
You are 11% geek
OK, so maybe you ain't a geek. You do, at least, show a bit of interest in the world around you. Either that, or you have enough of a sense of humor to pick some of the sillier answers on the test. Regardless, you're probably a pretty nifty, well-rounded person who gets along fine with people and can chat with just about anyone without fear of looking stupid or foolish or overly concerned with minutiae. God, I hate you

Just a little geeky....I wonder if the fact that I am posting this in an aviation geek forum increases my score?

GS
Sometimes all you can do is look them in the eye and ask " how much did your mom drink when she was pregnant with you?"

MYT332

Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:55 pm

Well this is non_aviation. While there are a few geeks in here, ok maybe the understatement of the year, but the majority of geeks can be found over in Aviation Hobby and Aviaton Polls. Plus I suspect if you were a true geek (where's Thom@s?) then you a) wouldn't even look in this thread or b) not reply with your dazzling high percentage due to fear of persecution!
One Life, Live it.

JGPH1A

Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:01 pm

You are 26% geek
You are a geek liaison, which means you go both ways. You can hang out with normal people or you can hang out with geeks which means you often have geeks as friends and/or have a job where you have to mediate between geeks and normal people. This is an important role and one of which you should be proud. In fact, you can make a good deal of money as a translator.

Normal: Tell our geek we need him to work this weekend.

You [to Geek]: We need more than that, Scotty. You'll have to stay until you can squeeze more outta them engines!

Geek [to You]: I'm givin' her all she's got, Captain, but we need more dilithium crystals!

You [to Normal]: He wants to know if he gets overtime.

This is actually SOO true. I do liase between Reality and TPF/C++ Geek-land, and have to be able to understand and communicate with both  Smile
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

gkirk

Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:04 pm

http://www.julen.net/ephemera/pub/Geek.html

You know you are a geek when...
# You look at a movie trailer and think, "I have that typeface."
# You set up an automatic rerouting of your e-mail to your pager.
# You get sudden attacks of bittersweet nostalgic feelings when thinking about your long-lost old Commodore 64, Sinclair ZX-81, TRS-80 (or whatever hardware you were raised on), and use large amounts of money/time trying to track one down.
# You are wearing ten year old spectacles, made of steel.

DAL767400ER

Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:10 pm

You are 11% geek

Weird CD choices.

flyAUA

Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:18 pm

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 9):
I'm surprised you didnt get 100%

You git  Wink

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 17):
Errr...seeing as we are all members of a.net, shouldnt we all be at least in the 80% geek rating?

Anybody who got a score lower than mine was not honest in answering the questions Big grin

monteycarlos

Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:03 pm

"You are 36% geek

You are a geek liaison, which means you go both ways. You can hang out with normal people or you can hang out with geeks which means you often have geeks as friends and/or have a job where you have to mediate between geeks and normal people. This is an important role and one of which you should be proud. In fact, you can make a good deal of money as a translator.

You [to Geek]: We need more than that, Scotty. You'll have to stay until you can squeeze more outta them engines!

Geek [to You]: I'm givin' her all she's got, Captain, but we need more dilithium crystals!

You [to Normal]: He wants to know if he gets overtime."

As I figured...
It's a beautiful night to fly like a phoenix...

aerobalance

Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:47 pm

You are 16% geek

about right
"Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy..."

TedTAce

Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:57 pm

You are 57% geek
You are a geek. Good for you! Considering the endless complexity of the universe, as well as whatever discipline you happen to be most interested in, you'll never be bored as long as you have a good book store, a net connection, and thousands of dollars worth of expensive equipment. Assuming you're a technical geek, you'll be able to afford it, too. If you're not a technical geek, you're geek enough to mate with a technical geek and thereby get the needed dough. Dating tip: Don't date a geek of the same persuasion as you. You'll constantly try to out-geek the other.

This space intentionally left blank

Jamie757

Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:58 pm

You are 24% geek

Ooopps!! I'll do it next time!  Big grin

Rgds.
"I feel like a turkey who's just caught Bernard Matthews grinning at him!"

Jaspike

Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:08 am

Wow!... Big grin

You are -7% geek
Boy, you really broke through the bottom on this one. You are SO not geek. I recommend staying away from conventions, computer stores, colleges, universities, or anywhere else people might display the slightest interest in something other than what's on TV at the present moment. Your mere presence among geeks of any degree is incredibly dangerous to the continued existence of the known universe. Here, I'll say it slow so you can understand: Anti-geek + Geek = Big Boom. Now go read a book, for god's sake.

Tom

dl021

Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:12 am

I've always wanted to be like this dude. A rich Libertarian military veteran who has the juice to make Disney produce an entire season of his show against their will. Funny as hell too.

You are 52% geek

[Edited 2005-06-30 17:14:09]
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

ACDC8

Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:12 am

You are 30% geek

Woo Hoo ... I rock! 30% all the way baby ...  Silly
A Grumpy German Is A Sauerkraut

Sabena332

Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:13 am

You are 23% geek

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

aa61hvy

Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:19 am

I got Arnold...3% geek..
Go big or go home

flyAUA

Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:48 am

Quoting Jaspike (Reply 29):

They have NEGATIVE scores? That makes my mere 25% look like extremely geeky  hissyfit 

SE210Caravelle

Fri Jul 01, 2005 12:59 am

0% Percent Geek it seems.

You are 0% geek
Boy, you really broke through the bottom on this one. You are SO not geek. I recommend staying away from conventions, computer stores, colleges, universities, or anywhere else people might display the slightest interest in something other than what's on TV at the present moment. Your mere presence among geeks of any degree is incredibly dangerous to the continued existence of the known universe. Here, I'll say it slow so you can understand: Anti-geek + Geek = Big Boom. Now go read a book, for god's sake.

redngold

Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:50 am

And here I always thought I was more than 50% geek! I'm going to have to send this result to my ex-boyfriend (the "Nerd" part of "Nerd + Geek = Class Couple, 1992.")

redngold

PS - I think this site misses some of the key parts of geekdom: for example, the fact that before I posted this, I spent five minutes reformatting the HTML for clarity...
Up, up and away!

Kieron747

Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:56 am

I am a 35% Geek Liason.

Damn!

Kieron747
Airliners.Net - The Jam Rag Of The Web.

jetblueatjfk

Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:59 am

You are 7% geek

But some questions didn't have an answer that fits me and they are anti-geek answers so I fell it would be a little lower.

airplane jetBlueAtJFK airplane 

MD11Engineer

Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:17 am

I'm also a geek liaison, with 48% geekiness! Big grin

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

Thom@s

Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:20 am

Too many Arnold photos here, but there was one for me too.

17% Geek.

Fairly happy with that. The only thing that brought me all the way up to 17 was the fact that I though the parrot joke from monty python is funny. Hehe.

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

ORFflyer

Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:04 am

Like a lot of the folks here, I got a picture of Aaaanoooold. 15%

Chip

fspilot747

Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:17 am

You are 11% geek

I did better than I thought..

dreamer

Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:36 am

Hmmmmmmm ..... actually very dissapointed as I scored 98% on another geektest, and mighty proud of it too

You are 51% geek

still dreaming after all these years

TWAMD-80

Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:15 am

You are 21% geek

Za Govanata!
Two A-4's, left ten o'clock level continue left turn!

BR076

Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:05 am

You are 29% geek

ú

Shamrock_747

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:05 am

Bloody useless test. I am a complete geek yet I only scored 7%.

zotan

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:16 am

You are 18% geek

airkas1
Crew

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:17 am

You are 15% geek

Airliners.net Crew - Head Photo Screener

jetBlue190

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:26 am

You are 2% geek

Only 2% surprised me a little.

-jB190
"Look into his eyes and you can see, why all the little kids are dressed in dreams..."