allstarflyer

Post Suckage

Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:30 pm

Not that I'm a big fan of the word, but it seems when I post a new thread (which isn't often) the post(s) go for hours w/o a reply, and then, when they're done, a few days later, there's a few replies.

Yes! Somebody out there must love me!  bouncy   Yeah sure

So for tonight's Anet Non-Av poll: Would you rather start several threads and get ZERO replies or be banned for a week?

-R
Living the American Dream

TedTAce

RE: Post Suckage

Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:33 pm

Quoting Allstarflyer (Thread starter):
So for tonight's Anet Non-Av poll: Would you rather start several threads and get ZERO replies or be banned for a week?

Many posts without reply tends to indicate what you have to say doesn't matter, or more optimistically, everyone agrees for the most part. Banning tends to indicate that your posting is SOOO atrocious that you don't deserve to be here...I'll take being ignored... especially with under 200 users logged in @ 1:32AM EDT on July 3rd.!!
This space intentionally left blank

AsstChiefMark

Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:38 pm

The only way to can tell if a post is going to suck is to post it. There's no prepost post suckage test out there, yet. There's only the postpost post suckage test.

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

ANCFlyer

Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:52 pm

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 1):
Many posts without reply tends to indicate what you have to say doesn't matter, or more optimistically, everyone agrees for the most part

yes  and  yes 

Quoting AsstChiefMark (Reply 2):
The only way to can tell if a post is going to suck is to post it. There's no prepost post suckage test out there, yet. There's only the postpost post suckage test.

rotfl 
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

CaptOveur

Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:06 pm

If someone doesn't even care enough to post an empty cargo bay or something else stupid then it REALLY sucks.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

allstarflyer

Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:16 pm

And, just for everyone's amusement, here's the count:

Thread-starters by Allstarflyer in the past 5 hours or so (including civil-av) - 7
Thread-starters by Allstarflyer with ZERO replies - 6

Glad to be done with my shift.

-R
Living the American Dream

saxdiva

Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:47 pm

Quoting Allstarflyer (Thread starter):
Would you rather start several threads and get ZERO replies or be banned for a week?

Depends on why I'm being banned. Some bans might be worth it.  devil 

OzLAME

Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:04 pm

What should I make of the fact that many of my posts end threads?  Confused
Monty Python's Flying Circus has nothing to do with aviation, except perhaps for Management personnel.

flyAUA

Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:20 pm

Quoting OzLAME (Reply 7):
What should I make of the fact that many of my posts end threads?

I'd take that as a compliment  Wink

Quoting Saxdiva (Reply 6):
Depends on why I'm being banned. Some bans might be worth it.

Now now... would you like to explain this in a bit more detail? Sounds like you've had an experience you want to share... Big grin

Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 5):
Thread-starters by Allstarflyer in the past 5 hours or so (including civil-av) - 7
Thread-starters by Allstarflyer with ZERO replies - 6

*sends sympathy your way*
Not drinking, also isn't a solution!

bristolflyer

Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:42 am

Quoting OzLAME (Reply 7):
What should I make of the fact that many of my posts end threads?

Either that your post is an error-free, masterful piece of literature with all encompassing views that cover every single aspect of the topic being discussed, or your point is so boring that everyone reading it either fell asleep or simply can't be bothered to reply.

Take your pick.

BF
Fortune favours the brave