lehpron

Can I Rent An Xbox Game Console?

Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:57 pm

I searched for it on ask.com: http://web.ask.com/web?q=Can+I+rent+an+Xbox+game+console%3F&qsrc=1&o=0

All I got were game rental outlets I already knew about, I'm talking about the whole console, can it be rented?

I ask because I saw in a Blockbuster once that I could rent a VCR to see older unpopular movies not in DVD format. I donno bout spending $200 to play one game and I am not interested in collecting any either. (what's Xbox 360, is it cheaper or just smaller?)

I do not know how long I have to wait for Halo 2 to be out on PC...what did it take for the first one, two years?!
The meaning of life is curiosity; we were put on this planet to explore opportunities.

F9Widebody

RE: Can I Rent An Xbox Game Console?

Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:11 pm

Quoting Lehpron (Thread starter):
(what's Xbox 360, is it cheaper or just smaller?)

New system. Not out till Christmas.

Quoting Lehpron (Thread starter):
I donno bout spending $200 to play one game

Only $150 now.

Not sure about the rental, though.
YES URLS in signature!!!

KaiGywer
Crew

Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:57 am

I think Blockbuster rents out any equipment needed to play their games/movies. At least that's the way my local Blockbuster is.
“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an

srbmod

Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:29 am

You can find a refurbished XBox for anywhere between $129-$169 (Usually includes a game or two in a bundle). As for rental units, I think most video store chains have quit renting consoles after having a rash of the units being rented and never returned. When the XBox and PS2 first came out, folks were renting them from Blockbuster, Hollywood Video, etc, and didn't return them. The rental was secured with a credit card (or with a cash deposit), and when they didn't return the unit within a certain amount of time, they were charged $500 or lost the cash deposit. Considing how hard it was early one to get these consoles, $500 was a bargain considering how much people wanted for them on EBay and in the classified ads.