soyuzavia

Why We Hate The Dutch

Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:15 pm

C'mon, admit it people. I don't think there is a single nationality on the planet which is more hated -- the French hate the Dutch, the English hate the Dutch, the Germans hate the Dutch, the Americans hate the Dutch. We as a world are unified on this single subject....quite possibly the only thing we are united on.

Oh, and if you don't hate the Dutch now, I urge you to watch this video, and within 2 minutes you will be

http://file.uploadr.com/4e1

stlgph

RE: Why We Hate The Dutch

Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:18 pm

Quoting Soyuzavia (Thread starter):
the Americans hate the Dutch

all the kids want to go to Amsterdam. who are you kidding?
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

Newark777

Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:20 pm

Are those people mentally retarted? I'm serious.

Either way, all I can say is WTF.

BTW I'm pretty sure more people still hate the French.  Wink

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

ArmitageShanks

Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:21 pm

The Dutch are second most liked on my list, but that video made we want to take a dump on their country.

Awful.

alberchico

Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:21 pm

Quoting STLGph (Reply 1):
all the kids want to go to Amsterdam. who are you kidding?

Very true, I have already gone to the Red Light District to sample some of the '' local culture''.
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

airtran737

Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:37 pm

I don't have a problem with the Dutch.....the French on the other hand...... fight   white 
Nice Trip Report!!! Great Pics, thanks for posting!!!! B747Forever

cxsjr

Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:40 pm

Couldn't watch the video but never thought either way about the dutch.

You have to be kidding - the English wouldn't p*ss on the French if they were burning in the gutter! You cannot underestimate the strength of utter dislike for the French by the English; and whatever you say, it's their own fault.

Just visit Paris, try to be civil to a French person and within a split second, when they realise you're English, that's it - they're rude to you, overcharge you, cook crap food for you, overcharge you again, and generally behave in the most obnoxious manner you ever did see.

Then Mr Chirac just goes the extra mile by abusing Tony Blair and slagging off our farmers (not that I stick up for either but you just don't do it in public!).

Real shame, because I happen to love flying AF/KLM!
The world is a book, those who do not travel read only one page ....

AGM114L

Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:51 pm

I agree, France sucks. I've never been there but I have been to their little bastard child of Quebec and can't imagine France is any better.
My Boeing can blow up your Boeing

Catatonic

Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:05 pm

In response to this the dutch legalised cannabis, now everyone wants to go there. The French on the other hand are only liked by the Germans, why they were liberated from each other I do not know, they were meant to be together!
Equally Cursed and Blessed.

skidmarks

Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:07 pm

Hate the Dutch? Who are you kidding? They are one of the nicest European nations out there. And the friendliest.

As for the French, they aren't worth talking about. Can't even lose the Olympics without whingeing and crying "Foul!" Nope, France sucks, Holland Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just wondering if Soyuzavia has ever been to Holland and met anyone from there.

Andy  old 
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

deltadude8

Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:23 pm

I agree...the Dutch are pretty great people...never had a bad experience with the Dutch...

On the other hand...all these people bashing France really isn't fair either...It's really only the Northern French. The Southern French are quite kind people...remind me of the British...whom I absolutly love. The Southern French are like the US Midwesterners and the Northern French are like the New England Americans- rude, pushy, fast paced life.

Andreas

Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:28 pm

Quoting Catatonic (Reply 8):
The French on the other hand are only liked by the Germans, why they were liberated from each other I do not know, they were meant to be together!

What a cheap shot, Catalep..er...Catatonic..well whatever. It is the French government who is dearly loved by the German government...nobody really knows why!! The other 81.99999mn Germans hate the French dearly, though admittedly about 30% or so do hate you sheep-buggering lot of football hooligans much more.

Now I keep myself on neutral ground on this: You're both disgusting morons, but if I have to, I'll take London over Paris (the city!!) everyday.

As for the Dutch: Nah, they are way too irrelevant to be hated, except maybe their caravans, their deadliest weapon when it comes to make decent people stand on the brakes of their cars on a regular basis. They seem to have billions of them, just take a look at our autobahns...millions to drive themselves, and the rest cruises on remote control!!

And since your a Brit and therefore NOT capable to understand the concept of irony:  Wink Big grin
I know it's only VfB but I like it!

TriStar500

Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:31 pm

We don't hate the Dutch... it is more like we are sometimes smiling or shaking our heads about our strange little neighbor, the land of cheese, wooden shoes and watery tomatoes .  Wink
In fact, all kidding aside, I think many Germans, who have visited the country, are actually a bit envious about the perceived higher standard of living over there.

...but I guess, the Dutch still sometimes hate us for digging up their beaches and building huge sandcastles during our holidays - hey guys, we can't do anything about this, it is in our genes, we did that in the 1940's, we are still doing that today. Big grin
Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Andreas

Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:42 pm

Quoting TriStar500 (Reply 12):
who have visited the country, are actually a bit envious about the perceived higher standard of living over there.

Where would that be?? Most Germans go to Amsterdam and the beaches exclusively and I can't really see higher living standards there: In Amsterdam there are millions of drunken and/or stoned Brits crawling around in the gutters, grabbing blindly at prostitutes who need to be locked away behind glass (not that I don't understand them, watching their pink fat ladies waddling through the city)...do you call THIS a standard of living???  Wink Big grin

Quoting TriStar500 (Reply 12):
hey guys, we can't do anything about this, it is in our genes, we did that in the 1940's, we are still doing that today

That's not in our genes, we do this to make the Dutch break their ankles in those holes....to keep them from driving caravans, at least for a few weeks during the year.

Ah, prejudices, don't we just love them??? Makes life so easy Big grin Big grin Big grin

mdsh00

Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:46 pm

I don't hate the Dutch.

And about the video. That geeky guy in the white dress shirt rocked!  bigthumbsup 
"Look Lois, the two symbols of the Republican Party: an elephant, and a big fat white guy who is threatened by change."

TriStar500

Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:47 pm

Quoting Andreas (Reply 13):
In Amsterdam there are millions of drunken and/or stoned Brits crawling around in the gutters, grabbing blindly at prostitutes who need to be locked away behind glass (not that I don't understand them, watching their pink fat ladies waddling through the city)...do you call THIS a standard of living???

Ah come on Andreas, some of their small towns with those little brightly colored houses are really cute, kind of like a real-life LEGOland. Big grin
Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

saxdiva

Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:53 pm

I'm American, which means by definition, I hate everybody.  grumpy 

Just kidding--all the Dutch people I've met (including those I've run into in Europe) were unbelievably decent. The Australians, on the other hand...

Andreas

Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:54 pm

Quoting TriStar500 (Reply 15):
like a real-life LEGOland.

See, that's the point: Legoland...that's for kids! Have you ever noticed that those cute houses actually do have wheels???????? These are caravans, too!!!

flyAUA

Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:56 pm

Quoting Soyuzavia (Thread starter):
C'mon, admit it people. I don't think there is a single nationality on the planet which is more hated -- the French hate the Dutch, the English hate the Dutch, the Germans hate the Dutch, the Americans hate the Dutch. We as a world are unified on this single subject....quite possibly the only thing we are united on.

You are the first person I come across who hates the Dutch. Take it from somebody who has a lot of friends from a lot of different nations.
Not drinking, also isn't a solution!

TriStar500

Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:00 pm

Still I like the compact size of the country. You can do a bicycle tour through all of the Netherlands, see all their sights and cities in one day - and still have the entire afternoon left for other things. Big grin

Andreas

Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:01 pm

Quoting FlyAUA (Reply 18):
You are the first person I come across who hates the Dutch. Take it from somebody who has a lot of friends from a lot of different nations.

I fully agree...now those Austrians on the other hand...  Wink Big grin And they deserve it, too!!

saxdiva

Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:04 pm

Quoting TriStar500 (Reply 19):
Still I like the compact size of the country. You can do a bicycle tour through all of the Netherlands, see all their sights and cities in one day - and still have the entire afternoon left for other things.

Oh, dude.... that's COLD.  cold 

scbriml

Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:24 pm

Quoting AGM114L (Reply 7):
I agree, France sucks. I've never been there

Hmm, so you hatred is based on what exactly?  scratchchin 

In my fairly extensive experience, outside of Paris I've always found the French to be friendy and helpful. All it takes is some effort to try and speak French (a couple of cute kids wearing "J'aime le France" t-shirts doesn't hurt though!)
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!

nycflyer

Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:48 pm

I love the Dutch. But that was an utterly ridiculous video. If that video is representative of Dutch entertainment, then I may have to reevaluate my opinions.

JGPH1A

Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:57 pm

I agree, France sucks. I've never been there but

...but Fox News says so, so it MUST be true, right ? Asshole. Try actually leaving your hick flyover state once in a while, it might broaden your mind.

Quoting Scbriml (Reply 22):
"J'aime le France" t-shirts

They'd love it even more if the t-shirts said "J'aime LA France" Big grin (Grammar is everything !).
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

flyAUA

Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:02 pm

Quoting Andreas (Reply 20):
I fully agree...now those Austrians on the other hand... And they deserve it, too!!

Yeah I know, everyone hates us  cry 

It's ok, I've learned to live with being Austrian. LOL Big grin
Not drinking, also isn't a solution!

gkirk

Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:10 pm

The Dutch arent bad. The French and Germans on the other hand  scratchchin   duck 
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

airkas1
Crew

Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:32 pm

Ok, I'll be the first dutchie to post here and I'll clarify this video.

1) My hearing has now been damaged!

2) I think all those people who are "singing" participated in "idols" at one time (like Popstars, etc.) And clearly they can't sing... I mean: even I am a better singer!  Yeah sure

3) This was probably a publicity stunt. I think they have a lot of courage to stand there in a FULL footballstadium, even though they can't sing (whether or not they know it)

4) I don't know if the poststarter was serious with we hate the dutch, but I don't (well... atleast most people Big grin

Anyways, I'm off to my well deserved vacation in Pula, Croatia. First time on a 752!!! Big grin  Big grin (with Titan)

Kas
Airliners.net Crew - Photo Screener

LOT767-300ER

Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:36 pm

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 26):

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 26):
The Dutch arent bad. The French and Germans on the other hand scratchchin duck

Some little bird told me that the Americans are even more hated? I proceeded to whack it with my US Passport.  Silly

cornish

Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:37 pm

Quoting Skidmarks (Reply 9):
Hate the Dutch? Who are you kidding? They are one of the nicest European nations out there. And the friendliest.

That's exactly my take on the Dutch, Skidmarks. One of my best mates is Dutch - I go there a lot and everybody over there is as friendly as you can possibly imagine.

The Dutch are, it has to be said, the most laid-back nation in Europe (must be the drugs) which means they don't tend to get hysterical about all sorts of things that many other European nations do.

So why hate them ?
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

gkirk

Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:40 pm

Quoting AirKas1 (Reply 27):
Anyways, I'm off to my well deserved vacation in Pula, Croatia. First time on a 752!!! Big grin Big grin (with Titan)

Enjoy the rocket  Wink

Catatonic

Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:07 pm

This would explain why the English are hated so much, as they all originated from holland didnt they? Its a shame we didnt have strict immigration control then before we let them all into this country! Just think, a United Kingdom where Tom Jones is Royalty and Welsh is the most spoken language in the world!!! Damn those dutch for kicking the English out and inflicting them upon us like a plague!!!!!!  Silly
Equally Cursed and Blessed.

skidmarks

Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:35 pm

The Welsh are just Irishmen who couldn't swim when the all-conquering Anglo-Saxons kicked their arses's out of the best bit of britannia Big grin

Actually, many of my relatives are Welsh so I DO know what i am burbling about Big grin

Andy  old 
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

BNE

Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:36 pm

Maybe we should change the thread title to Why We DON'T Hate The Dutch
Why fly non stop when you can connect

Andreas

Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:46 pm

Quoting BNE (Reply 33):
Maybe we should change the thread title to Why We DON'T Hate The Dutch

Why don't we change it to "The world hates England and France for various reasons---and who gives a fu#@ about those Dutch!!"  Wink Big grin

gkirk

Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:55 pm

Come of it Andreas, you Germans love the French. After all, you have always been on the same side in the wars and that!

ME AVN FAN

Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:10 pm

Well, I years ago, in Amsterdam downtown was for unknown reasons kicked by a Dutch and when I turned and protested, hit in the midst of my face, resulting in a "blue eye" and a visit to the doctor twice. But neither do I hate THE Dutch for this, nor do I feel like hitting any Dutch people my fist into the face ! What makes "THE" Dutch somewhat "special" is that they are extremely "DIRECT" and not exceedingly diplomatic. But I know many Dutch whose acquaintance I value highly and whose personalities I appreciate. ---- I find their cuisine horrible but very much like the Indonesian restaurants in Amsterdam, so what ? No Dutch ever tried to force me to eat a Dutch meal at gunpoint !
-
 duck 

RODOL

Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:14 pm

The Welsh are the most obnoxious tw**s going, as soon as they realise you are English their attitude noticibly changes. We went on holiday in Pembrokeshire in 2002 (only because the missus' mate worked for a firm who had cottages in St.Davids-freebie), and on more than one occasion we got s**t purely for being superior English people (it must be an inferiority complex, right?). At a Wimpy bar in Haverfordwest a girl came over to our table smiling, heard our accents and changed instantly. She almost threw our food at us! Same in a chippy in Tenby. I mean, where does a 17 year old girl get this dislike from, it must be handed down through the generations. Scum. I presume they would expect decent treatment if they came to England. Like f**k c**ts! Lets detach it, float it into the Atlantic and let them get on with it. Rhoose could become an Air Transat glider field! And why don't Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham play in the Welsh League? Not enough revenue? You need the English!

mauriceb

Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:20 pm

are we really that bad?  Sad

anyway the video was from idols.... they were the badest of all....

but why are we hated? a lot of people saying we are egoistic... well guess you didn't saw the frenchman yet.. (with all respect to my french forum friends)

We always wan't money?? well we have giving the most amount of money to the tsunami.... about 3,5X per person more than the average....

please explain it to me....

globetrekker

Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:26 pm

I never heard the Dutch were hated. As an Arubian my nationality is Dutch as we are part of the Dutch Kingdom. I lived many years in Holland and in general I found the Dutch very friendly, outgoing and nice........

About the French:

I certainly don't hate France or the French, but I and many other people I know, get annoyed that when you are in Paris (an international city) or EuroDisney, a place where many nationalities visit, the people refuse to speak English, while when you are in Holland, Germany or any one of the Scandinavian countries they switch to English very easily.

I ask in English where the cashier is, the lady answeres in French  

Of course there are a few exceptions, but I heard this complaint from many people.......

Globe Trekker

[Edited 2005-07-12 12:30:46]
The World Is A Book And Those Who Do Not Travel Read Only A Page

pilot kaz

Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:28 pm

Are you kidding? The Dutch kick ass!

On the 2 occasions I have stepped foot on Dutch land (aka Holland not Germany) land, I have never want to step off of it, Common, the Dutch have great personality and sense of humor!. For evedence of this see users JRadier and MauriceB and of corse Erwin, Airkas1, Aviaionfreak, the list could go on...

Kaz
-

Andreas

Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:35 pm

Quoting MauriceB (Reply 38):
are we really that bad?

Read again, Maurice...nobody gives a fu#@ about you...it's clearly others that are much more hated than you guys...so be happy! 

Quoting GlobeTrekker (Reply 39):
I certainly don't hate France or the French

We all do, so admit it! It's not a prob really, everybody hates the French (except Kirkie..these lovely sheep they have...)! 

Quoting RODOL (Reply 37):
Lets detach it, float it into the Atlantic and let them get on with it. Rhoose could become an Air Transat glider field!

RODOL, you're not the first one to come up with this idea...it's been discussed at length years ago...the idea though was to detach ALL the British islands...

[Edited 2005-07-12 12:38:59]

MYT332

Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:40 pm

Quoting Pilot kaz (Reply 40):
Are you kidding? The Dutch kick ass!

But they are all maniacs who love golllllllllllllllllld. They are certainly a danger to the world. Haven't you ever seen Goldmember?

Here we see a regular Dutch person.

Look at him! Freaky stuff!
One Life, Live it.

scbriml

Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:41 pm

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 24):
They'd love it even more if the t-shirts said "J'aime LA France" (Grammar is everything !).

My bad!  blush  I'm sure the t-shirts were correct, we bought them there!
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!

mauriceb

Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:48 pm

MYT 332, that was goldmember.... he spoke german instead of dutch..... so this is the prove that a lot of people even don't know who we really are..... we are no germans, have our own language.

WunalaYann

Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:51 pm

Funny how a thread about the Dutch inevitably turns into a French-bashing session...  Wink

Personally, I like the Dutch very much.

Now about the bashing...

I agree, France sucks. I've never been there

That is what I call an enlightened opinion, the product of first-hand experience. Good.  rotfl 

have been to their little bastard child of Quebec and can't imagine France is any better.

Even better. Comparing France and Québec. With this comment alone, mate, you have insulted both the Québécois and the French. But you don't care anyway, so why mention it...  Wink

Quoting Deltadude8 (Reply 10):
all these people bashing France really isn't fair either...It's really only the Northern French. The Southern French are quite kind people...

Another all-star comment. It is actually the other way around, my friend. People in the northern tip of France are very nice, friendly and welcoming. Compared to their southern counterparts, who are individualistic, self-centered, me-first, etc.

Have you ever been to France?  Wink

Quoting GlobeTrekker (Reply 39):
I don't certainly don't hate France or the French, but I and many other people I know, get annoyed that when you are in Paris (an international city) or EuroDisney, a place where many nationalities visit, the people refuse to speak English, while when you are in Holland, Germany or any one of the Scandinavian countries they switch to English very easily.

This is very true. French people tend to take things for granted, and believe that everybody should speak French and worship their country. That's what I call arrogance. But anyway...

Cheers.

jamman

Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:56 pm

The Dutch are fine and dandy in my opinion, apart from the guy who hangs around the ticket machine at Amsterdam Central train station hassleing tourists, that guy needs to be kicked up the arse with a wooden clog!

[Edited 2005-07-12 12:57:00]
Phoning it in from a place with no phones.

JGPH1A

Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:49 pm

Quoting Jamman (Reply 46):
The Dutch are fine and dandy in my opinion, apart from the guy who hangs around the ticket machine at Amsterdam Central train station hassleing tourists, that guy needs to be kicked up the arse with a wooden clog!

Don't worry - Kirkie's back in Scotland now, so no need to fear further harassments in AMS.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

gkirk

Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:52 pm

Never been to AMS in my life  Wink

JGPH1A

Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:53 pm

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 48):
Never been to AMS in my life

Seems we have eye-witnesses who would disagree ^^  Smile