rjpieces

Time For Some White House Resignations

Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:14 am

Watching Karl Rove's carefully worded denial of leaking the name of Valerie Plame, and the clip of Press Secretary Scott McClellan denying over and over that Rove leaked it, I can't help but feel anger towards the White House. I think it's best that Rove and McClellan resign ASAP.
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

jaysit

RE: Time For Some White House Resignations

Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:21 am

Quoting RJpieces (Thread starter):
I think it's best that Rove and McClellan resign ASAP.

Rove is the J. Edgar Hoover of the new milennium.

He has so much dirt on all his past and present bosses, that they're scared as sh*t to do anything to him.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

Mikey711MN

Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:39 am

I was wondering if there'd be a thread about this...for anyone who's interested, check out the Press Briefing transcripts--complete with video with extra squirminess--here:

• Day 1
  • Day 2
  • I plan on living forever. So far, so good...

Schoenorama

Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:59 am

I think it's best that Rove and McClellan resign ASAP.

Incredible!

I actually agree with RJ!  veryhappy 

Possible Bolton link? http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/week_2005_07_10.php#006063
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!

clickhappy

Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:15 am

McClellan is a loser, a liar, and a traitor.

He refuses to answer a simple yes or no question, and hides behind "Now, that's a question related to an ongoing investigation," even though it has nothing to do with the question being asked. Then he has the nerve to say "I already answered that" when in fact his answer was nothing more than a refusal to answer the question.

It is good too see that the White House Press Corp has gottemn their wits about and decided to give this story some attention.

rjpieces

Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:26 am

I'm pissed off that the NY Times isn't covering this more. I want "DAY X" as the headline every day until Judith Miller is free. Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein were being interviewed on CNN yesterday and said that thirty years ago, Ben Bradlee wouldn't turn over notes to the government in a million years. And now the NY Times is hardly covering their own reporter sitting in the SAME jail as the 20th 9/11 hijacker!
    "Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

JeffM

Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:27 am

Quoting Clickhappy (Reply 4):
    It is good too see that the White House Press Corp has gottemn their wits about and decided to give this story some attention.

I see utter desperation from the Democrats and the liberals. Fun to watch their ship sink.

[Edited 2005-07-13 01:28:17]

rjpieces

Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:29 am

I see utter desperationfrom the Democrats and the liberals. Fun to watch their ship sink.

This has nothing to do with Democrat, liberal, Republican, conservative. It is about one man OUTING A CIA AGENT for political reasons. Every American should be asahmed of what Karl Rove did.

clickhappy

Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:32 am

So now the Press that covers the White House is "Democrats and the liberals?"

What an interesting point of view, thanks for sharing it.

dragon-wings

Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:50 am

NBC is reporting a story that say the White House is backing Rove.  banghead 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8545657/
    Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

B744F

Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:08 am

Quoting JeffM (Reply 6):
    I see utter desperation from the Democrats and the liberals. Fun to watch their ship sink.

But if he dare lie about getting a BJ.... LOOK OUT ROVE!

dl021

Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:47 am

How so? He is the spokesman for the President...and responds for the administration. If he has been told to be quiet, or that someone is innocent he simply reports the party line....so to speak. I don't really hold him to blame, although if he lied about anything I'd say he's through.

He refuses to answer a simple yes or no question, and hides behind "Now, that's a question related to an ongoing investigation," even though it has nothing to do with the question being asked. Then he has the nerve to say "I already answered that" when in fact his answer was nothing more than a refusal to answer the question.

See above. If they are waiting for some internal process to happen then he is obligated to do what he is ordered to do.

Quoting Clickhappy (Reply 8):

Mostly....and to deny it is quite disengenuous. The question should be how much of what they write is influenced by their own political perspectives?
    Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

JeffM

Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:49 am

Have they ever been anything but? ....and you're welcome.  Wink

ConcordeBoy

Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:54 am

Quoting B744F (Reply 10):

if under oath while doing so, then yes, he should look out.
    Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

j.mo

Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:54 am

If Rove left, who would be President?  Wink

JM

TedTAce

Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:55 am

McClellan resign

I don't think we 'agree' for the same reason.
    MY POV is that after being put through the past two days of being crucified for what obviously he was lied to about (IE Mc telling things previously as he was told) I would walk into W's office with a letter of resignation and a big FUCK YOU!! The fact he's in the position of going from 'trusted white house source' to a 'no comment CAD', because he almost obviously was lied to in the first place is what I would consider an in-excusable working condition.

Quoting JeffM (Reply 6):

Who's the one who's probably getting indicted??? They 'convicted' Slick Willie years ago, so unless there's another democrat on the legal firing line I suggest you STFU.

Quoting B744F (Reply 10):

Well, Rove allegedly did testify to the Grand Jury, under oath. If the jury and prosecutor takes the words of the reporters involved over Rove, he will likely get nailed with a purgery charge as well.

So the Rep. V Dem Mantra can go from:

'"I did not have sexual relations with that woman" V "who cares about a blow job"'

to:

'"I did not have sexual relations with that woman" V "I did not reveal the name of a CIA operative"'

What a bunch of CHILDISH CRAP!!
    This space intentionally left blank

stlgph

Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:02 am

Quoting RJpieces (Reply 5):
    I'm pissed off that the NY Times isn't covering this more.

Quoting RJpieces (Reply 5):
    And now the NY Times is hardly covering their own reporter sitting in the SAME jail as the 20th 9/11 hijacker!

they are keeping their distance and integrity. i think that is very professional.
    if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

TedTAce

Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:08 am

Quoting STLGph (Reply 16):
    they are keeping their distance and integrity. i think that is very professional.

I don't agree with your intent. My take on the issue why they are 'ignoring' it is how do you 'cover' a story about one of your own' in an un-biased non-prejudcial manner? The "BEST" they can do is allow Op-Ed pieces that slam the government for the state of affairs.

B744F

Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:14 am

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 13):
    if under oath while doing so, then yes, he should look out.

And yet Reagan lied under oath about the Iran-Contra scandal, where was this big outrage about lying under oath then?

L-188

Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:23 am

Quoting JeffM (Reply 6):
    I see utter desperation from the Democrats and the liberals. Fun to watch their ship sink

This is the only thing that those morons have to hang their hats on, and the fact is that it is a pretty weak case, but their freinds in the press would make you think that Rove is the next OJ, Robert Blake or MJ.

Its been that way for a couple decades now.
    OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

ltbewr

Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:27 am

The NY Times today did front page stories relating to the Rove situation, and are fighting back and putting him in an unconfortable position. McCellean is under orders as part of his job and probably advised by White House Counsel, not to speak of the situation as it is under investigation as he stated so is in a bad spot. It is too bad ALL Democrats don't band together and express thier anger openly, daily in the press with the situation. They should also call for hearings with the appropiate committee, but unfortunally they don't control enough to get the job done. Perhaps the Democrats could hold up any action on any appointments for Bush until someone's fired for this situation. Also, the reporters ought to work some shoe leather and figure out who the loudmouth could be and list possible suspects, as to when and where they were, especially in the context of the Grand Jury, to try to bypass the Grand Jury security bans.
    IF Rove did or caused someone in the White House to break the law to punish someone with an opposing and unwanted report, then he should be a man and resign. At the least for now, Rove should be suspended from his job, not allowed near the White House or the President pending the current investigaion. I suspect much like happened to Nixon, eventually the issue will grow to a situation where leading Republican Senators will call on Bush to fire/ask for resignations of Rove and others for this problem.

texan

Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:28 am

If Rove leaked the information, which it almost certainly appears he did, then he should either resign or be fired, then prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. However, there is one mitigating factor here. As much as I absolutely hate possibly letting Rove partially off the hook, the unanswered question is, did Rove have the security clearance to receive the information he leaked, or was it leaked to him from someone else further up? It is possible that Rove was put out as the set-up man for someone else in the Bush organization, with the spotlight shifting to Cheney if it is shown that Rove did not have the clearance. It is being speculated that Judith Miller's source was possibly Dick Cheney, hence the reason she is in jail for refusing to reveal her source.

If this is the case, then some consideration should be given to Rove, assuming he cooperates with the investigation, while the full brunt should fall on the person who leaked the classified information to him.

There was a committee set up in the White House, that Bush most likely did not know about, consisting of Andrew Card, possibly Cheney, and a few other yet to be named persons, who were gathering information on how to smear Ambassador Wilson. It is supposed that this committee came up with the idea to leak Valerie Plame's name to the press and out her as a CIA operative. There needs to be a full investigation into this matter.

As for McClellan, I feel a little sorry for him. He's the White House sacrifice to the media gods, and I truly believe that he was misled or outright lied to by others in the administration and now is faced with defending statements he made based on those pieces of misleading information. Now, given his previous attitude toward some members of the press and his outright avoidance of some members of the media whose questions he did not want to answer, I also like seeing the chosen pack of media "lambs" turning into wolves. I appreciate the media for finally asking some tough questions and not just letting the questionee go free after they fail to adequately answer a question. Now if it could just continue in this vein and question both Republican and Democratic tactics and lies...

Texan
    "I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

diamond

Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:33 am

Quoting JeffM (Reply 6):

Quoting JeffM (Reply 12):
    Have they ever been anything but? ....and you're welcome.

Uh oh. The party's over. After wisely avoiding the non-av forum for many months, he's back with his one-note song ...

"Liberals and Democrats this"
    "Democrats and Liberals that"
    [repeat]

I see that the absence didn't add any wisdom to his posts. They're as mundane as ever.
    Blank.

ConcordeBoy

Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:35 am

Quoting B744F (Reply 18):
    And yet Reagan lied under oath about the Iran-Contra scandal, where was this big outrage about lying under oath then?

...agreed, should not have been tolerated.
    Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

diamond

Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:42 am

Quoting Texan (Reply 21):
    did Rove have the security clearance to receive the information he leaked, or was it leaked to him from someone else further up?

Does that really matter? The President is surely not going to take the fall for this. And even if Rove did not have such clearance in the first place, passing it along to the press is not an acceptable next-step for him to take.

The 'no-leak' policy of the White House itself should run parallel to any federal laws on this subject. Rove (if he is indeed the one) violated at least ONE of those policies, if not both.
    Blank.

TedTAce

Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:53 am

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 20):
    It is too bad ALL Democrats don't band together and express thier anger openly, daily in the press with the situation.

NO NO NO!!! A Thousand times NO!!! They need to lay VERY low like below paper LOW... Wait until the fat lady sings, and indictments are made, then start to make 'gentle comments' like It's very dissapointing that this leadership put itself in the position of allowing it's members to commit what is a least an indictable offence..... keep it polite like that until there are CONVICTIONS..... THEN crucify the scumbags!! Unless W himself is indicted, then start impeachment proceedings and a trial by Senate ASAP!!

did Rove have the security clearance to receive the information he leaked, or was it leaked to him from someone else further up?

Oh the Billion $ question, PLEASE tell me W was DUMB enough to have come across the information and directed (in a proveable manner) Rove to LEAK it!! PLEASE let W be run out of town in a manner that makes Dicky seem like a 'hero'.

Quoting Diamond (Reply 22):
    Uh oh. The party's over. After wisely avoiding the non-av forum for many months, he's back with his one-note song ...

"Liberals and Democrats this"
    "Democrats and Liberals that"
    [repeat]

I see that the absence didn't add any wisdom to his posts. They're as mundane as ever.

Oh FUCK.... Diamond Please tell me I did NOT just witness the ANTI RSmith!!!

BTW, has anyone see him since the outage?

B747-437B

Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:55 am

Quoting RJpieces (Reply 7):
    It is about one man OUTING A CIA AGENT for political reasons.

It is very easy to sit back and say that in retrospect, but at the time I am sure Rove saw things differently.

Bottom line is that Rove felt that discrediting (or sidelining) Wilson was essential to obtain the President enough backing to invade Iraq. The invasion of Iraq was, in his eyes, of greater national importance than any individual life could be.

I am sure Rove considered the implications that he was putting Plume at risk by disclosing her identity and I am sure he weighed everything before doing it. In the end, he chose to sacrifice her for the greater good.

It is liberals like you RJPieces who take every opportunity to attack the President's loyal advisors and give all Americans a bad name.
    "The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

texan

Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:58 am

Quoting Diamond (Reply 24):
    Does that really matter? The President is surely not going to take the fall for this. And even if Rove did not have such clearance in the first place, passing it along to the press is not an acceptable next-step for him to take.

The 'no-leak' policy of the White House itself should run parallel to any federal laws on this subject.

I agree. In fact, I highly doubt W had any knowledge of the smear campaign. And I never said that passing it along was acceptable. What I am saying is that if the information he leaked was illegally leaked to him, and he cooperates with authorities and the investigation, he should not receive the absolute harshest penalty under the law. Not that he should be let off the hook either; if he is guilty of a high felony, take either the death penalty (if it is treason) or life without parole (if it is just close to treason) off the table and deal him down to the next highest punishment. Save the harshest punishment for whomever it is that set this plan in motion.

Texan
    "I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."

Falcon84

Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:29 am

Quoting JeffM (Reply 6):

It's always amazed me what you see to begin with Jeff. What I see is a White House finally being called on the carpet by the so-called "liberal" media that has given this president a free ride for almost 5 years now, and they don't know how to handle it.

And the ship that might be sinking, Jeff, is the Good Ship George W. Bush and his place in history.

Of course, you can see what you want, since you don't live in reality to begin with.

Quoting DL021 (Reply 11):
    How so? He is the spokesman for the President...and responds for the administration. If he has been told to be quiet, or that someone is innocent he simply reports the party line....so to speak. I don't really hold him to blame, although if he lied about anything I'd say he's through.

Agree with Ian. McLellan is simply doing the bidding of the President, nothing else. It's Rove that needs to go.

Mostly....and to deny it is quite disengenuous. The question should be how much of what they write is influenced by their own political perspectives?

You write something intelligent, like above, Ian, and then you come back with the GOP Party line. Very dissapointing. It's influenced by the fact that they smell a story-you know, like they did with Monica, with a Liberal president, and they don't want to let this guy off the hook. Hell, Bush, because of 9/11, has gotten an almost 5-year free pass from the media, and it's about time that pass expire, and they, you know, do their job, like report on what is going on, Ian?

Quoting Diamond (Reply 22):

A lack of understanding the issues, and only taking the party line does that to a person.
    Work Right, Fly Hard

dan-air

Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:53 am

Quoting JeffM (Reply 6):

The president's approval numbers are low 40's; a majority of the public now say that the invasion of Iraq was a mistake now it is quite plain that the proffered justification was bogus; throw in a few sane republicans starting to question Iraq; top it off with the centerpiece of the second-term Social Security reform being all but toast despite millions of taxpayers dollars spent.

Yes, it's obvious that it must be the democrats and liberals that are desperate.

As far as the Rove matter goes - let's revisit the GOP in 1998 who tried to remove a sitting president based on him having an affair. As I recall, the chant was:

Rule of Law! Rule of Law! It is a crime to reveal the name of a covert CIA agent.

[Edited 2005-07-13 05:02:02]

rjpieces

Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:57 am

The invasion of Iraq was, in his eyes, of greater national importance than any individual life could be.

And how exactly do you know what was going through Rove's head? A more likely scenario is that he's an egomaniac who didn't like dissent.

It is liberals like you RJPieces who take every opportunity to attack the President's loyal advisors and give all Americans a bad name.

Haha, are you joking? I'm far from a liberal, and a huge supporter of Bush's Iraq policy. But as I said earlier, this isn't about political parties. This is about a man who knowingly disclosed a CIA agent's identity. For that horrible crime, he belongs in jail. There's a reason Republicans haven't been out there supporting him today.........

Falcon84

Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:04 pm

Settle down, RJ, Sean is an equal-opportunity annoyer.  Big grin
    Work Right, Fly Hard

diamond

Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:06 pm

Quoting RJpieces (Reply 31):
    Haha, are you joking? I'm far from a liberal, and a huge supporter of Bush's Iraq policy.

B747-437B, shocking as it may be, RJPieces defected to the dark side quite some time ago. Read over his posts and you'll be surprised.

No offense intended RJ  Smile Smile
    Blank.

jasepl

Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:10 pm

Ha hhahahah!

This is funny. No one seems to be getting the obvious tongue-in-cheek nature of B747-437B's post.

And I'm supposed to be the thick one!  Wink

diamond

Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:12 pm

Quoting Jasepl (Reply 34):
    This is funny. No one seems to be getting the obvious tongue-in-cheek nature of B747-437B's post.

And I'm supposed to be the thick one!

One has to KNOW someone in order to get their sarcasm.

And you ARE the thick one.  Smile Smile
    Blank.

Logan22L

Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:15 pm

Scott McClellan is a pawn, just as every White House Spokesman has been a pawn. The problem is, this Adminitration has so many skeletons of actual substance, that SM must be scrambling to even find his own asshole.

I find this whole thing very refreshing.
    "The deeper you go, the higher you fly. The higher you fly, the deeper you go."

B747-437B

Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:31 pm

Quoting Diamond (Reply 35):

Some sarcasm should be obvious because of the inherently obvious ridiculous nature of its contents.

The fact that this was not inherently obvious to many is more of a sad commentary on the current partisan situation than anything I could actually say.
    "The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

ANCFlyer

Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:35 pm

Quoting RJpieces (Reply 7):
    Every American should be asahmed of what Karl Rove did.

Once proven guilty - I will be.

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 20):
    At the least for now, Rove should be suspended from his job, not allowed near the White House or the President pending the current investigaion.

Absolutely. Although it would be a "paper" suspension . . . you and I and everyone knows that. Tell the public he's suspended, and he works from home.

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 25):
    Diamond Please tell me I did NOT just witness the ANTI RSmith!!!

BTW, has anyone see him since the outage?

Do you really give a shit where RSmith is, TedT?  biggrin  yuck 

McClennan is simply doing what hes told to do . . . of course, IMHO, doing wht you're told to do is one thing; jeopardizing your integrity is quite another. Hence, I am no politician because we all know intergrity and politics are oxymorons - I don't give a damn what side of the aisle you're sitting on.

We can beat this subject in to the ground - but until the FACTS are laid out, and we find out bottom line did Rove give up the agent's identity - we're just babbling. It's fun, of course - but it gets no where. There are two threads on this subject in Non-Av, and both say essentially the same.

When the cards are finally on the table, I'll comment again.
    FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

GuitrThree

Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:44 pm

I'd just like to know...

for 4.5 years, all we ever heard out of the left was that Cheney was running the show.

Now, all of a sudden, we wake up one day and it's Rove whose been running the show all along.

Would someone, especially from the left, explain why for the first 4.5 years of the Bush Presidency it was claimed that Cheney was running the show and now it's Rove who was???
    As Seen On FlightRadar24! Radar ==> F-KBNA5

jasepl

Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:55 pm

Quoting Diamond (Reply 35):

And you ARE the thick one.

I won't argue with the latter. The vacuum in my head speaks for itself!

However, I can't say I know B747-437B any better or worse than the last half a dozen posters. And I've no idea who Karl Rove, Valerie Plame or Scott McClellan are (though I will admit I have heard of George Bush).

So, I'd say this says less about me than about certain simians I know.  Wink

FlyingTexan

Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:56 pm

Quoting Jasepl (Reply 34):
    No one seems to be getting the obvious tongue-in-cheek nature of B747-437B's post.

Here is one.

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 39):
    Would someone, especially from the left, explain why for the first 4.5 years of the Bush Presidency it was claimed that Cheney was running the show and now it's Rove who was???

I am from far right field, but am in far left field…

Rove was running the show from the start ~ W’s tenure as Texas Governor. The veep has been prominent all along – but Rove is the genius.

spin 
    "Wouldn't your boss like to fly home nonstop at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon?" -Airline Exec to Congressional Staffer

Mir

Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:03 pm

Got to agree with Ian on this one - as much as I hate listening to McClellan, I realize that he is only the mouthpiece of the administration. If he's told not to say certain stuff, he won't say it. If he's told to say certain stuff, he'll say it until he's blue in the face and we can't take hearing it any more. McClellan is paraded out to the press conferences to be the sacrificial lamb, but it's the people who tell him what to say who should have their feet held to the fire. It really makes me angry that the people who actually make decisions and are involved in this are too cowardly to come out and face the media themselves. But, that's the Bush administration for you. Heck, that's politics in general for you.

As for McClellan, I feel a little sorry for him. He's the White House sacrifice to the media gods, and I truly believe that he was misled or outright lied to by others in the administration and now is faced with defending statements he made based on those pieces of misleading information.

Again, I agree. If I were McClellan, I'd have handed in my resignation to Bush a long time ago, along with a clear message that I would not be the one spewing his BS anymore. I wonder if that's what happened to Ari Fleischer.

-Mir
    7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

jaysit

Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:04 pm

This is the same SOB who started the rumor about John McCain having sired a black child out of wedlock (the child was actually a Bangladeshi orphan the McCains adopted).

Rove will sell anyone down the river to win.

I'd love to see him and Bob Novak share a cell. Better still I'd love to see Rove become some big Bubba's bitch in prison.
    Atheism is Myth Understood.

SFOMEX

Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:04 pm

Quoting Dragon-wings (Reply 9):
    NBC is reporting a story that say the White House is backing Rove.

It makes sense. Mr. Rove has done many things for this administration, the GOP and the the country. You may like him or not, but you can deny that this guy is a f***ing genius. Nonetheless..

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 38):
    Once proven guilty - I will be.

... ashamed of him too. In the meantime, conservatives are in debt with this guy.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 29):
    What I see is a White House finally being called on the carpet by the so-called "liberal" media that has given this president a free ride for almost 5 years now

Please Falcon, that is really non-sense. Have you seen CBS evening news lately? They are as liberal as it gets, even now after Dan Rather was sacked. What about the New York Times? They can't hardly hide their contempt for President Bush.
    The only thing worst than the GOP is the Democratic Party, think about it!

clickhappy

Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:13 pm

while searching for more information about the left wing liberal White House press I was lucky enough to remember Jeff Gannon.

And I just love the right wing bullshit spin they are putting on this Karl Rove story, he never said "Valerie Plame is a CIA agent" he said something more like "Joseph Wilson's wife works for the CIA" What a load of horseshit.

Looks like Gannon might go down with Bush and the rest. Pun intended.

checkraiser

Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:26 pm

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 43):
    Better still I'd love to see Rove become some big Bubba's bitch in prison.

Would never happen. Even in the extraordinarily unlikely event he gets jail time I can assure you it would be quite comfortable. Even so, W will probably take a lesson from Slick Willy and give a number of 11th hour pardons.
    N1120A is a camel-fucking terrorist.

drewfly

Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:26 pm

Attacking McClellan over this is pointless guys. He really isn't told shit, just go out there and stall for a while. Remember, he is told what to say.

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 43):
    This is the same SOB who started the rumor about John McCain having sired a black child out of wedlock (the child was actually a Bangladeshi orphan the McCains adopted).

Rove will sell anyone down the river to win.

Yup, pretty much. He's been doing this for quite a while too. One of the larger evil geniuses of our time.

Quoting SFOMEX (Reply 44):
    Please Falcon, that is really non-sense. Have you seen CBS evening news lately? They are as liberal as it gets, even now after Dan Rather was sacked. What about the New York Times? They can't hardly hide their contempt for President Bush.

That's right. How dare they not toe the party line! I tell ya, these journalists nowdays, who do they think they are?  sarcastic 
    A-10 Thunderbolt II, ugly as hell, efficient as hell, would you like to meet my boomstick?

diamond

Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:31 pm

Quoting B747-437B (Reply 37):
    The fact that this was not inherently obvious to many is more of a sad commentary on the current partisan situation than anything I could actually say.

Seriously, if anyone needs to grow a sense of humor it would be you for that comment.

"Sad commentary" ?????

You get sad WAY too easily.
    Blank.

AA777

Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:39 pm

Watching Karl Rove's carefully worded denial of leaking the name of Valerie Plame, and the clip of Press Secretary Scott McClellan denying over and over that Rove leaked it, I can't help but feel anger towards the White House. I think it's best that Rove and McClellan resign ASAP.

Gotta love your administration RJ. Nice and corrupt  Smile

Good day to you.

-AA777

S12PPL

Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:47 pm

Quoting JeffM (Reply 6):

Get a fricken clue.
    Next Flights: 12/31 AS804 PDX-MCO 2/3 AS19 MCO-SEA QX2545 SEA-PDX