Zweed
Topic Author

Shaun Wright Phillips

Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:18 am

Today I hate you, Shaun Wright Phillips.
A couple of weeks ago you stated that you were happy with City. Now you are going to Chelsea.

I just want to go to bed and forget about this horrible today.

baylorairbear

RE: Shaun Wright Phillips

Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:38 am

Does this have something to do with soccer? If so, I am sorry for your loss. If not, I am sorry for your loss.

BaylorAirBear
I'm just skipping stones...

Rj111

Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:00 pm

Well there's no way he's worth £21m. Try 12m, the only reason you've got him for that much is thanks to him being English, and Chelsea. As an Arsenal fan, i'd have like to have seen him follow in is fathers footsteps over here. There's more of a demand for a RW at Arsenal.

Chelsea just seem to buy players so nobody else can now.

gkirk

Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:01 pm

Quoting RJ111 (Reply 2):
Well there's no way he's worth �21m. Try 12m, the only reason you've got him for that much is thanks to him being English, and Chelsea. As an Arsenal fan, i'd have like to have seen him follow in is fathers footsteps over here. There's more of a demand for a RW at Arsenal.

Seems like you may be jealous?  Wink
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

Arsenal@LHR

Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:17 pm

£21 million for a substitute! He has been brought in as cover for Duff and Robben. A ridiculous amount to pay, shows how much imbalance there is in the transfer market.
In Arsene we trust!!

aireuropeuk733

Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:49 pm

Quoting RJ111 (Reply 2):

Totally agree with this. They're buying all the 'best' players (well we all make mistakes with the likes of Veron and Crespo!!) so they don't have to play against them!

£21m for SRP I think is very expensive but hats off to City for getting so much for him. I don't think any other club would have paid that sort of money. Not sure if he'll make the grade though as he has gone from being a big fish in a small pond to a tiny tadpole in an ocean. We'll see; perhaps he'll prove me wrong.

AE733
It's nice to fly with friends

Banco

Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:51 pm

As a City fan I'm not even slightly surprised he's leaving. I'm a trifle surprised he wants to go to Chelsea though. As Arsenal@LHR indicates, he's hardly going to be an automatic choice at Chelsea, exciting though he is. I'm just not convinced that Chelsea is the right club for him to go to, he's a terrific prospect, but hardly the finished article. I can't help feel that Arsenal might have been a better option career wise (viz. Scott Parker at Chelsea), though not being French meant they wouldn't be interested in him.  Wink

But most City fans always thought he'd go to one of the superpower clubs. The one thing that made them laugh was when Spurs kept saying they wanted him. Like he'd leave City for Tottenham? What on earth for?
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

cornish

Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:13 pm

Agreed Banco - Scott Parker shows that signing for Chelsea maybe lucrative financially but career wise where is he going now ?

Glen Johnson, Wayne Bridge - not really moving them forward either.

One of the other big four really would have been a better bet for Wright-Phillips.

Its easy for people to say that there is jealousy of Chelsea, but as an England fan I'd far rather see Wright-Phillips developing his talent regularly under Wenger at Arsenal than occasionally under Morinho at Chelsea. If he can make himself a regular like Terry or Lampard then fine, but if not then Spurs may well be his next move in a season or two.....(god help him  Wink )
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

Banco

Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:21 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 7):
but career wise where is he going now ?

Er. Newcastle. Big grin

One of the other big four

Um. Arsenal, Man United, Liverpool at a push, er, um, er, the other one is....?

Incidentally, Wright-Phillips younger brother Bradley is at City too, and the whisper is that he's going to be even better, albeit as a striker not a midfielder. We'll see, but certainly the progress that Willo Flood made last season means that he now has a real opportunity.

cornish

Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:26 pm

Quoting Banco (Reply 8):
Er. Newcastle.

Exactly. Next stop the footballing backwater that is Celtic or Rangers  Silly

Quoting Banco (Reply 8):
Um. Arsenal, Man United, Liverpool at a push, er, um, er, the other one is....?

Chelsea of course. So I meant one of the other three of the big four - if you see what I mean  Smile

As long as Wright-Phillips decides not to follow his dad into TV work. Ian Wright - possibly the worst TV presenter/pundit ever.....
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

Gman94

Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:28 pm

Enough of the cheap shots at my Spurs, I can take it from Arsenal & co but not from fans of tin pot team like Man Shitty.  bigthumbsup 

Anyway we're a team on the up did you not see our glorious victory today against the mighty Sundowns.  Wink

As for Chelsea, it's only a matter of time before their Sugar Daddy and his dodgy Russian mafia money get put in jail and Chelsea end up in the Ryman League. Big grin
British Airways - The Way To Fly

cornish

Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:30 pm

Quoting Gman94 (Reply 10):
As for Chelsea, it's only a matter of time before their Sugar Daddy and his dodgy Russian mafia money get put in jail and Chelsea end up in the Ryman League.

We ALL live in hope Big grin

Banco

Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:34 pm

Man Shitty.

Ooh, not heard that one before.  Yeah sure  Wink

Anyway, which of the 7,545,545,232,987,543,655,932 players that Spurs are allegedly buying are going to turn up this year? It must drive you lot up the wall the way the board talk big all the sodding time and then do nothing. It certainly makes the rest of us laugh.

Quoting Cornish (Reply 9):
Next stop the footballing backwater that is Celtic or Rangers

Surely not. Has Parker had his feet amputated recently? Big grin

DAL767400ER

Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:52 pm

As for Chelsea, it's only a matter of time before their Sugar Daddy and his dodgy Russian mafia money get put in jail and Chelsea end up in the Ryman League.

At least he was already proven wrong when he though that money can buy every playerr. He didn't get Ronaldinho, he didn't get Trezeguet, not Shevchenko, and not Gerrard. Instead he now got Phillips...

Scott Parker shows that signing for Chelsea maybe lucrative financially but career wise where is he going now ?

Glen Johnson, Wayne Bridge - not really moving them forward either.

Hey, one of those non-developers (Robert Huth) has made it into the starting team of the German national team Big grin . Ok, most of the real defenders were injured or rehabbing, but still.

Gman94

Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:56 pm

Quoting Banco (Reply 12):
Anyway, which of the 7,545,545,232,987,543,655,932 players that Spurs are allegedly buying are going to turn up this year? It must drive you lot up the wall the way the board talk big all the sodding time and then do nothing. It certainly makes the rest of us laugh.

Nothing to do with us all the rumours come from the scumbag tabloids, now even the BBC is getting involved in it as well.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4692281.stm

At least we set our sights high and get linked to big name players, who have Man City been linked, ooohh errr, scratches head in confusion.  stirthepot 

cornish

Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:15 am

Well apparently he has now actually signed on the dotted line....

anyway this isn't the biggest transfer of the summer - surely that has to be Plymouth's capture of Taribo West. Still can't quite believe that one. I suspect it will all end in tears but I do hope not.

(Apparently it was the lifetime's supply of our sponsors Ginsters pasties in his contract that persuaded him that we were a better bet than Spurs or Man City  Wink )

Banco

Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:17 am

Quoting Gman94 (Reply 14):
At least we set our sights high and get linked to big name players, who have Man City been linked, ooohh errr, scratches head in confusion.

Quite correct. City don't mouth off about how they're such a huuuuuuge club and are going to sign the entire Brazil team, unlike Tottenham.  Yeah sure

However, the end result for both clubs has a funny habit of being pretty much the same. Big grin

Arsenal@LHR

Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:50 am

However, the end result for both clubs has a funny habit of being pretty much the same.

Yes, trophy-less seasons and mid-table mediocrity.  cheeky 
In Arsene we trust!!

Banco

Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:17 am

Quoting Arsenal@LHR (Reply 17):
mid-table mediocrity

Mate, after the last decade, City fans crave mid-table mediocrity.  Wink

Gman94

Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:22 am

Quoting Banco (Reply 16):

Quite correct. City don't mouth off about how they're such a huuuuuuge club and are going to sign the entire Brazil team, unlike Tottenham. Yeah sure

However, the end result for both clubs has a funny habit of being pretty much the same

Ah but you see to claim to be a huuuuge club like the Super Spurs you need to have a huuuuge trophy cabinet like the Super Spurs, a huuuge fan base like the Super Spurs, a huuuge bank roll like the Super Spurs and a long a illustrious history like the Super Spurs just because we've had a bit of dry patch for a couple of decades doesn't mean were still not a big club. I prefer our dry patch compared to Man City's dry patch. What division were you in a few seasons back. Big grin

aireuropeuk733

Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:09 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 15):
anyway this isn't the biggest transfer of the summer - surely that has to be Plymouth's capture of Taribo West. Still can't quite believe that one. I suspect it will all end in tears but I do hope not.

Yes, the Pride of the Westcountry certainly pulled of the coup of the summer - lets just hope that he can produce his best form like he did at Milan..

AE733
It's nice to fly with friends

gkirk

Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:18 pm

Man City for relegation!
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

LOT767-300ER

Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:34 pm

As a Gunner my hatred of Chelsea goes far. What pisses me off is the buyouy is so obvious Olympique Lyonnais wants at least 32million pounds for Michael Essien. Christ, they want (and probably will succeed) in wanting Chelsea to match the Gerrard bid.

Quoting Gman94 (Reply 19):
Ah but you see to claim to be a huuuuge club like the Super Spurs you need to have a huuuuge trophy cabinet like the Super Spurs, a huuuge fan base like the Super Spurs, a huuuge bank roll like the Super Spurs and a long a illustrious history like the Super Spurs just because we've had a bit of dry patch for a couple of decades doesn't mean were still not a big club. I prefer our dry patch compared to Man City's dry patch. What division were you in a few seasons back. Big grin

Wonder where that moolah is coming from *wink*, like trying to buyout Baptista for 13,8 mil right under Arsenals nose. Gotta love the Spurs.

Speaking of which, I am pissed at the Reds for signing Reyna and leaving Dudek out of his box. That Polak saved your English hides (from that one savage Ukrainian) and this is repayment? Bah.

Gman94

Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:53 pm

Quoting LOT767-300ER (Reply 22):
Wonder where that moolah is coming from *wink*, like trying to buyout Baptista for 13,8 mil right under Arsenals nose. Gotta love the Spurs.

All the moolah comes from being bank rolled by a hard working team of North London Jews, no corrupt Russian mafia or dodgy oil money being laundered through our club. Big grin

LOT767-300ER

Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:33 am

Quoting Gman94 (Reply 23):
All the moolah comes from being bank rolled by a hard working team of North London Jews, no corrupt Russian mafia or dodgy oil money being laundered through our club. Big grin

What how DARE you accuse Stamford Bridge of anything? If you keep quiet I will give you a large sump...how does 120 million Euros sound? Big grin Oh wait what you wont do it...well ill just bloody launder some more.

CHRISBA777ER

Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:21 pm

Sad bitter and twisted people - you all know nothing.

I'll teach you a song.

Shaun's old man, said be a Gooner man - Shaun said...

F**k off boll***s youre a c**t.
What do you mean you dont have any bourbon? Do you know how far it is to Houston? What kind of airline is this???

CHRISBA777ER

Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:24 pm

Show me the way Jose Mourinho!
With Peter Cech its always Zero.
From Bernabeu to the San Siro,
The Premier League it waits for me.
What do you mean you dont have any bourbon? Do you know how far it is to Houston? What kind of airline is this???

CHRISBA777ER

Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:27 pm

And it's super Chelsea, super Chelsea F.C,

We're by far the greatest team,

The world has ever seen.........

Celery, Celery,

If she don't come,

I'll tickle her bum,

With a lump of celery.

Carefree, wherever we may be,

We are the famous CFC,

And we don't give a f**k,

whoever you may be,

'Cos we are the famous CFC.

We all follow the Chelsea,

Over land and sea and Leicester,

We all follow the Chelsea,

On to Vic-to-ry,

You are my Chelsea, my only Chelsea,

You make me happy when skies are grey,

You'll never notice how much I love you,

Please don't take my Chelsea away.

[Edited 2005-07-20 16:33:31]

CHRISBA777ER

Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:32 pm

One man went to mow,
Went to mow a meadow,
One man and his dog,
Went to mow a meadow
Two men went to mow,
Went to mow a meadow,
Two men, one man and his dog,
Went to mow a meadow
Three men went to mow,
Went to mow a meadow,
Three men, two men, one man and his dog,
Went to mow a meadow
Four men went to mow,
Went to mow a meadow,
Four men, three men, two men, one man and his dog,
Went to mow a meadow,
Five men went to mow,
Went to mow a meadow,
Five men, four men, three men, two men, one man and his dog,
Went to mow a meadow,
Six men went to mow,
Went to mow a meadow,
Six men, five men, four men, three men, two men, one man and his dog,
Went to mow a meadow,
Seven men went to mow,
Went to mow a meadow,
Seven men, six men, five men, four men, three men, two men, one man and his dog,
Went to mow a meadow,
Eight men went to mow,
Went to mow a meadow,
Eight men, seven men, six men, five men, four men, three men, two men, one man and his dog,
Went to mow a meadow,
Nine men went to mow,
Went to mow a meadow,
Nine men, eight men, seven men, six men, five men, four men, three men, two men, one man and his dog,
Went to mow a meadow.

TEN MEN WENT TO MOW! WENT TO MOW A MEADOW!
TEN MEN, NINE MEN, EIGHT MEN, SEVEN MEN, SIX MEN, FIVE MEN, FOUR MEN, FOUR MEN, THREE MEN, TWO MEN, ONE MAN....

W E N T T O M O W A M E A D O W!!!!!

CHELSEA!!!! CHELSEA!!!! CHELSEA!!! CHELSEA!!! CHELSEA!!!

CHRISBA777ER

Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:38 pm

LOL been to the pub in the lunchhour - sorry.

Cant believe how bitter and twisted you all are about the Mighty Blues.

Get over it - we are the famous Chelsea!

Dunno if we'll win the league this season but its going to be a wicked season and i for one cant wait.

Have a read of my editorial for BAWA if you like - especially if you, like me, hate Liverpool.

http://www.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=884&p=2&stid=8386104

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!

spinzels

Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:24 am

Quoting CHRISBA777ER (Reply 29):
Cant believe how bitter and twisted you all are about the Mighty Blues.

Mightly blues? Are you talking about Everton? Since the petro-gangster took over at Chelsea, you have spent GBP 2.4 billion of looted Russian assets and have nothing but a tin double to show for it.

Although I don't like the money laundering operation that you have let your club become, I'm hardly bitter or twisted towards Chelsea, they are entitled to win the First division every fifty years or so--that's only fair.

Get over it - we are the famous Chelsea!

Famous for what? Chavs? Relegation? Ken Bates? I don't get it. In terms of famous English sides you are well down the list, just as you are well down the list in terms of 1st Division victories.

Dunno if we'll win the league this season but its going to be a wicked season and i for one cant wait.

I don't know if CFC will win the Prem. either, but I do know that Chelsea will produce a string of deadly dull 1-0 results, just as they did this year.

Have a read of my editorial for BAWA if you like - especially if you, like me, hate Liverpool.

Of course you hate Liverpool, they bounced you out of the CL, but as a Chelsea fan you could at least show a little class and respect their victory. But the fish rots from the head, right? From the Robbin' Russian to Mourinho to CFC fans.
I've been to Paradise, but I've never been to me

CHRISBA777ER

Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:24 am

2.4bn? where did you get that figure from? I suppose you can back that up can you?

I'll help you out.

Chelsea Village plc - £280m
New players to date - £318m
Cobham Training Complex £20m

ummmm......

I'm struggling to find the other £1.78bn you seem to know about but nobody else does. Do tell...

Actually don’t bother. It doesn’t matter anyway. Who cares? You say he’s corrupt – that’s your opinion. You will not ever prove it – because even if he is (and im not so sure) he’s an awful lot smarter than muppets like you. Still, I don’t suppose it will stop you mouthing off anyway. That’s libel and defamation of character I think you’ll find. But then I shouldn’t have to tell you that, should I Councillor?

Love how you are happy to level the corruption allegations at Mr A, seemingly oblivious of the far more obvious and proven corruption of your very own country - your politics, your leader, your oil companies, your foreign policy, and even your legal system. Hardly in a position to be judgemental, are we Councillor?

Perhaps I’m a little hard on you – I mean all you ever get to read is the tragic sad little rants of your more local fellow fans who love to come out with very similar (and equally daft) diatribes as yourself. I mean, repeating what clichés other people tell you will make everyone else like you right?

spinzels

Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:52 am

Quoting CHRISBA777ER (Reply 31):
I'll help you out.

ummmm......

Your figures significantly underestimate the spending of Abramovich. He spent £300 million alone on just transfer fees, you don’t even list salary expenditures (unless the players play for free, perhaps they do for fear of ending up like Roman’s old competitors in the used car business). But alas, they don’t play for free. The wage bill for 03-04 alone was £115-- £40 million higher than the next highest payroll, which was at ManU. Source: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,27-1645227,00.html

Love how you are happy to level the corruption allegations at Mr A, seemingly oblivious of the far more obvious and proven corruption of your very own country - your politics, your leader, your oil companies, your foreign policy, and even your legal system. Hardly in a position to be judgemental, are we Councillor?

Political and economic corruption in the U.S. excuses the crimes of a petro-gangster?  confused   confused  I don't track you there mate. And my present location (which shouldn't be confused with my nationality) is irrelevant to the well-documented crimes of Abramovich.

that’s your opinion. You will not ever prove it – because even if he is (and im not so sure) he’s an awful lot smarter than muppets like you.

Not my opinion at all, I only know what I read in the papers. I guess putting your head in the sand is conveneint when some daddy warbucks comes along and decides to make your crummy football team a champion. But think like an adult for a minute: you are putting sports ahead of the interests of millions of Russian people whose living standards are plummeting, due in large part to the actions of people like Abramovich. In the end football is just a game, and you are no more an actual part of CFC's "success" than you are a graduate of Hogwarts Academy.

Perhaps I’m a little hard on you – I mean all you ever get to read is the tragic sad little rants of your more local fellow fans who love to come out with very similar (and equally daft) diatribes as yourself.

Speaking of sad little rants, I think in your last two posts you have cornered the market on them.

You planning anytime soon to pip up Merseyside and see the new Cup permanently installed in the trophy cabinet at Anfield? It is the only one in England, and will be a long, long time before CFC gets one to keep.  smile 

CHRISBA777ER

Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:22 am

LOL should have known - another Liverpool fan who thinks they have a divine right...

Was quite obvious really.

Well documented crimes of Abramovich - love it. Totally avoid my question then go off and say that. Quality. Thats bitter deluded Liverpool fan all over that is. Big grin

CHRISBA777ER

Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:24 am

Quoting Spinzels (Reply 32):
I'll help you out.

ummmm......

Your figures significantly underestimate the spending of Abramovich. He spent £300 million alone on just transfer fees, you don’t even list salary expenditures (unless the players play for free, perhaps they do for fear of ending up like Roman’s old competitors in the used car business). But alas, they don’t play for free. The wage bill for 03-04 alone was £115-- £40 million higher than the next highest payroll, which was at ManU. Source: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article....html

Well done - theres another £115m.

Any news on the other £1.67bn?

Or were you just being a cheeky little scamp and making it up? Big grin

CHRISBA777ER

Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:29 am

Quoting Spinzels (Reply 32):
You planning anytime soon to pip up Merseyside and see the new Cup permanently installed in the trophy cabinet at Anfield?

Yes actually - i am as it happens.

Wonder if i'll see you there?

I'll be in the away end mind. Dont get confused though - we do sing more than one song at the football. I know thats an alien concept and all that...

spinzels

Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:28 am

Quoting CHRISBA777ER (Reply 34):
Well done - theres another £115m.

Um, no not £115m, but 3 x £115m; it might surprise you to learn that the players collect a salary each year!  laughing  They expect annual payments, so estimating conservatively, in the last three seasons Chelsea has spent 3 x £115m ~ £450m. The estimate that you intially provided of Chelsea's expenditure is now off by almost 50%

I hope in your job as an "analyst" you don't have to work with numbers, because clearly maths are not your strong point.

So you asked for the source, I gave it to you, would you mind reading it? And how about some sources for your figures. Your low-ball estimate of the cost of Batesville is particularly laughable.

Quoting CHRISBA777ER (Reply 35):
Yes actually - i am as it happens.

Wonder if i'll see you there?

No, you won't. It is going to take a much, much better reason than a football match to get me to go to Liverpool. I fancy Wimbledon would be nice, I'll wear my Wrexham shirt for good luck.  smile 

Quoting CHRISBA777ER (Reply 35):
I'll be in the away end mind. Dont get confused though - we do sing more than one song at the football. I know thats an alien concept and all that...

You're just being petty, still smarting from being bounced out of the CL by the Reds. LFC has excellent supporters (although I'm not one of them), lots of songs and full voice. Maybe you just haven't been to too many football games.

Quoting CHRISBA777ER (Reply 33):
Well documented crimes of Abramovich - love it. Totally avoid my question then go off and say that. Quality. Thats bitter deluded Liverpool fan all over that is.

You didn't ask any questions. His crimes are well documented: go to the Guardian or FT website and type in "Roman Abramovich", you'll get an extensive discussion of his business activities and history. You can't expect me to do all your work for you. And again, I'm not a Liverpool fan.

Friend, it is now 8pm there, so why don't we end this little chat and you go off and do something better with your evening than scribble your bitterness into some message board (you would figure Chelsea fans would be happy people giving their fortunes, but they certainly never seem to be). But if you want to keep going, I'm here until 5pm.