Pope
Topic Author

Where Can I Buy A Cricket Hat In London?

Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:36 pm

I'm going to be in London on business for two days later this week. I will have Saturday to mess around before flying back home.

I love the white floppy hats the English National Cricket team uses. Does anyone know a store in the greater London area that sells them?

Thanks.
Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.

bristolflyer

RE: Where Can I Buy A Cricket Hat In London?

Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:39 pm

Try either the sports dept in Harrods or Lilywhites sports store (Lilywhites is at Picadilly Circus).

If neither of those places have them, I'll eat my hat (it's not a cricket hat so don't get excited).

BF
Fortune favours the brave

Pope
Topic Author

Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:47 pm

BF - thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, on previous trips I've been to both Lilywhites and Harrods and neither carried them.

EGTESkyGod

Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:52 pm

Try Lords Cricket Ground or The Oval. Or any sports shop. Those would be the best bets.
I came, I saw, I Concorde! RIP Michael Jackson

cornish

Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:54 pm

Quoting Pope (Reply 2):
Unfortunately, on previous trips I've been to both Lilywhites and Harrods and neither carried them.

I'd be amazed if Lilywhites didn't. Perhaps you went there at the wrong time of year ? Probably completely off the shelves during the autumn and winter.
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

willo

Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:21 am

http://www.shopatlords.com/product.aspx?id=154&cid=37

I guess this is what you are after? With the Ashes series starting on Thursday it looks like you may have trouble getting hold of one as they appear to be out of stock at all the outlets I looked at.

Of course you could try your luck with this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...em=7170633082&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Pope
Topic Author

Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:27 am

Quoting Cornish (Reply 4):
I'd be amazed if Lilywhites didn't. Perhaps you went there at the wrong time of year ? Probably completely off the shelves during the autumn and winter.

I went last year right around this time of year, perhaps two weeks earlier. If I'm correct, Lilywhites is a multilevel store right on the outskirts of Picadilly Circus. If not, I'm referring to another sporting good store at that location.

Quoting Willo (Reply 5):
I guess this is what you are after?

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks.

Banco

Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:53 am

Quoting Cornish (Reply 4):
I'd be amazed if Lilywhites didn't. Perhaps you went there at the wrong time of year ?

A friend of mine went in there the other week and said there was hardly any cricket stuff in there. I was really surprised to hear that, but what Pope is saying lends credence to it.
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

bristolflyer

Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:19 am

Quoting Pope (Reply 6):
I went last year right around this time of year, perhaps two weeks earlier. If I'm correct, Lilywhites is a multilevel store right on the outskirts of Picadilly Circus. If not, I'm referring to another sporting good store at that location.

Yeah you're right there

Quoting Banco (Reply 7):
A friend of mine went in there the other week and said there was hardly any cricket stuff in there. I was really surprised to hear that, but what Pope is saying lends credence to it.

And last time I went I remember being pretty unimpressed. Good luck all the same!

BF
Fortune favours the brave

Banco

Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:38 pm

Incidentally, does anyone else agree that it's monumentally incompetent to have sold out of the sun hats before the start of the 1st Test? It's not as if they've had a run on them from those at the match, is it? Pathetic.
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

Pope
Topic Author

Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:46 am

I had someone explain cricket to me last night and the meaning of the "ASHES".

After today's outing, I'm surprised they're not burning down the stadium and collecting those ashes!

Just left Lillywhites - no hats.