SQno1
Topic Author

A Question About Paris

Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:43 am

Hey everybody,

I am visiting paris tomorrow and because i am under the age of 18 i realise i have free entry to the louvre and the george pompidou centre.
I want to know however if i still need to get a ticket to visit the museums and with the free tickets which floors of the pompidou centre i am able to view.

With Regards,
Alex.B

[Edited 2005-07-19 22:54:09]

bristolflyer

RE: A Question About Paris

Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:26 am

B*ll*cks to the museums, pal, you're from Britain where the drinking age is 18 and you're going to a place where the drinking age is 16? Get to those bars and start necking the Kronenbourg! On my first trip to Paris it was a drinking session to behold!

Deux bieres s'il vous plais!

BF
Fortune favours the brave

dl021

Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:42 am

Don't try to do the Pompidou and the Louvre on the same day. Too much to see (especially at the Louvre) and too far apart. Waste too much time in transit.

If you must do more than one thing then select something closer to the Louvre thats also free, or cheap. Notre Dame is good, as well as the Latin Quarter.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

SQno1
Topic Author

Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:35 pm

Quoting BristolFlyer (Reply 1):
B*ll*cks to the museums, pal, you're from Britain where the drinking age is 18 and you're going to a place where the drinking age is 16? Get to those bars and start necking the Kronenbourg! On my first trip to Paris it was a drinking session to behold!

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

KLM685

Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:37 pm

Quoting SQno1 (Thread starter):

I am visiting paris tomorrow and because i am under the age of 18 i realise i have free entry to the louvre and the george pompidou centre.
I want to know however if i still need to get a ticket to visit the museums and with the free tickets which floors of the pompidou centre i am able to view.

The Louvre definately needs a day. You only show your ID which says your under 18. You don't need to do anything else. Don't make the same mistake I did, I found no ticket sale post ( only the machines) so at the end I bought a ticket :S

The next day I asked again and I passed without problems only showing my ID.

Pompidou Center is actually fast, but the surrounding area is interesting to see. Same procedure as Louvre with the ID.

Cheers

Alonsou
KLM- The Best Airline in the World!