swisskloten

Pocher Models: Anything Else Out There?

Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:44 pm

A few years back, I heard people going nuts over a Ferrari F40 model. It was made by a company called Pocher. I checked it out and whoa! I mean it was almost a perfect copy of the actual car. The Sharper Image used to sell those things a long time ago. I believe the first model they put out was the Ferrari Testarossa. You could turn on the headlights, roll down the windows, fasten the seat belts and even the small ignition keys would lock the doors. Putting one together was not for the faint of heart. It was a major time investment and would take the wind out of you. But I doubt anyone who did that was NOT blown away by the results:
[img]http://www.bigscalemodelers.com/bsm/eighthscalewebsite/models/featured/f40se2/f40se.html[img]

Is there anyone else out there who knows of a company making anything near the level that Pocher does? I have tried Fine Art Models but all they make is Bugatti. I don't know why they're so obsessed with them. Bugattis are important but come on, why not make a 1:10 replica of a Vector W8 or the Lotus Esprit? I know $5,000 is asking a lot but I'd willingly give it a shot. Anyone out there know where to get something similar to a Pocher?