lnglive1011yyz

YYZ Meet -- Wrap Up Thread

Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:11 am

Hey everyone!

I think the other thread is quite large, so here's a new one to finish up with.

It was a great day had by all I believe, certainly weather wise, and company wise.

I had the chance to meet some new friends, and to catch up with old ones as well. I'm definitely glad to have met a few of you, and I certainly hope to mingle with a few more of you in the future!

I hope everyone makes it home safe and sound, and that everyone has great stories to tell everyone!

Here's to a great YYZ Meet!

1011yyz (Mike)
Pack your bags, we're going on a sympathy trip!

diamond

RE: YYZ Meet -- Wrap Up Thread

Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:24 am

So how was the conversation at DINNER?  mad   yell   mad   yell 
Blank.

skysurfer

Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:39 am

lmao, how was the conversation?? I think it was unrepeatable!! lol

Stu

Cheers

Btw, Jeremy my email is smcisaac1@cogeco.ca If you're in Kingston let me know and i'll treat you to a few 'brew'!

[Edited 2005-07-25 00:00:50]
In the dark you can't see ugly, but you can feel fat

canuckpaxguy

Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:43 am

I particularly enjoyed the "under the table" conversations a few of us had.
(That sounds a lot worse than intended...inside joke, sorry!!!)

G

[Edited 2005-07-25 00:10:48]

MattRB

Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:03 am

Quoting Diamond (Reply 1):
So how was the conversation at DINNER?

Loud & boisterous (and yes, some of it was not repeatable)  Smile
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.

desertjets

Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:15 am

Quoting MattRB (Reply 4):

Loud & boisterous (and yes, some of it was not repeatable)

You must have been at the uncivilized table  Smile. We had deep, intelligent conversation about important issues of the day.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

Cruiser

Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:21 am

Quoting DesertJets (Reply 5):
We had deep, intelligent conversation about important issues of the day.

Like?
Leahy on Per Seat Costs: "Have you seen the B-2 fly-by at almost US$1bn a copy? It has only 2 seats!"

skysurfer

Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:23 am

I'm guessing 'Should i have the chicken fajitas, or should i have the sirloin'??
lmao Everyone was pretty much split up which was pretty rough, but at least we got to sit with a few fellow a.nutters  Smile

My big dilemma was if the server was gonna get me with her 'big one'!! OOerrr

Cheers

WhyWhyZed

Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:35 am

I'm just going to repost what I had in the other thread. This is mainly for the people who don't want to wait for the other to load.

Quoting WhyWhyZed:
Well I guess I'm the first one to reply to this thread after the meet happened. I personally had a great time, and met some really great people to top it all off. It was a huge turn out, I even got to catch up with some who I haven't seen in a LOOOONG time (Jerermy, how long was it again? 2 years?).

The food was delicious. If you never got to attend, we did decided on The Keg. 22 People had attended, and we got split up into 4 (?) tables, I believe. My company was a good laugh, especially with the older lady next to us.

If I think of anything else to mention, I shall do so eventually. But for now, Thanks everyone for the wonderful day, I shall remember it for awhile, or at least for a week (DAMN SUN BURN!)...

- Jason DePodesta

EDIT: To add my group photo. Phyllis should have a better version, since hers is head on.

I'll give the name thing a go... From Left to Right...
NorthStarDC4M, EmiratesA345, Skysurfer, CanuckPaxGuy, I think you can see a LITTLE bit of AWspicious?, MattRB, Cessnapimp, IHAP, CurtisMan, Dunno, Dunno, C-GRYK (front, blue shirt), Mr Spaceman

LOL, Also I just want to add that I heard the story about your waitress and her pepper. That's too funny. By the sounds of it she really got into all these jokes with you guys.

- Jason DePodesta

[Edited 2005-07-25 02:43:13]

skysurfer

Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:39 am

Nobody got a pic of the buick, nobody got a pic of the buick!!! Arrghhhh i'm gonna cry, where's the mystery machine?!?!?! lol Thank god it was a sunny day and not raining like this morning (sunday).
Btw, did anyone notice how much glass was on the ground at that Arizona's parking lot??? Even the dogs were walking across the parking lot wearing sandals! hehe

Cheers

Mr Spaceman

Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:39 pm

Hi guys. (I posted this after the meet on Saturday night and just moved it over from the other thread).

>> WhyWhyZed, it was a pleasure to meet you and everyone else today at the airport, & tonight for dinner at The Keg. I had a really great time too. Everyone was friendly & cool! I was so busy talking to the A.net gang, that I forgot to put on any Sun Block ....... so I also got a sun burn!

It's to bad there wasn't "many" more arrivals landing on runway 23 beside Wendy's where the temperature was cooler. That parking lot we were all standing on near the end of runway 24R was dam hot! (where you took your photo).

I enjoyed dinner with MattRB, C-GRYK, Skysurfer (and his lady friend - sorry I forgot her name Stu), Vaporlock, and your folks..... who must think we were all nuts at our table ..... all we did was laugh & laugh, & so did they. What a riot everyone was. That was a very fun time indeed.

Regarding the two guys in your photo that you couldn't identify .... the fellow on the left is RJpieces and Mir is to his right (behind C-GRYK).

I'll start adding the photos I took of our YYZ Meet tomorrow. It's 02:31 right now and I'm hitting the sack!

Sweet dreams everyone, I loved meeting you all, and I Thank You very much for the Fun Day!

PS, >> ScarletHarlot, I'm so glad you still managed to stop by The Keg even though your flight was delayed for an hour or more. It was really nice to meet you.

Chris  Smile

PS, it's 01:40 Monday morning & I'm gonna start adding photos from the meet now. Big grin
"Just a minute while I re-invent myself"

Mr Spaceman

Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:26 pm

Hi guys.

Here's a group shot of most of the gang in the parking lot near runway 24R. Because it was backlit, I asked Vaporlock to take the next two shots for me once we all turned around.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/Thud/YYZMeet2005005.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/Thud/YYZMeet2005008.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/Thud/YYZMeet2005010.jpg

Here's the Westjet 737 (Flt WS913) that CORULEZ05 arrived on from FT Lauderdale, FL around 5:00 pm.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/Thud/YYZMeet2005004.jpg

Here's some A.nutter's watching airliners!  spin  .......................................

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/Thud/YYZMeet2005011.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/Thud/YYZMeet2005013.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/Thud/YYZMeet2005015.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/Thud/YYZMeet2005001.jpg

After waiting about 45 minutes past ScarletHarlot's arrival time near rwy 24R, I began to wonder if she already landed over on rwy 23 beside the Wendy's (maybe her NW flight was handled by a different controller on another frequency .... and I missed her!), so Vaporlock & I drove back to Wendy's where we ran into these characters again.  Silly

Well that's it for now guys (I don't want to put all the photos in one post).
Tomorrow I'll add shots of the festivities during dinner at The Keg. Big grin

Chris  Smile

British767

Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:34 pm

Great pictures Chris  Smile

We actually forgot to take the pics of the flights leaving LHR for YYZ...oops. Does anybody happen to have a photo of the quick phone call I made to SkySurfer whilst aparentely managing to deafen CurtisMan (Sorry Len  Sad  fight  ) We were in a LOUD chinese restaurant, and I had the phone on loud-speaker, and I still couldn't hear you guys!

Ben

skidmarks

Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:45 pm

Glad you guys had a great time. You certainly had the weather - which is more than I can say for LHR!!!!!!!!! Still, Dave (Capital146) would only have got even more burnt!!!!!!

Great pics too.

Andy  old 
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional

ScarletHarlot

Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:53 pm

Hey guys! I am so glad I got to meet all of you on Saturday night - especially my girl Phyllis! It was great to put faces (and real names) to the user names of all of you. I am sorry I couldn't stay longer and have dinner with you on Saturday. EmiratesA345, I really enjoyed our chat about Waterloo - it was good to meet you. Mr. Spaceman, of course I had a blast visiting with you! And AWSpicious - remember it's the "nice man" part that counts!  Smile

I ended up having some spare time on Sunday afternoon and went back to YYZ and met up with Nuno, Greg (aka David Coulthard) and Ed (Captaingomes, CessnaPimp, and CORulez05). We hung out there for several hours - at Wendy's, at Arizona's, and at the FedEx ramp. Got to see lots of neat planes, and enjoy some Bits of Tim  Smile - thanks Nuno, and man it was rude of me not to clean up the Timbits box when I left yesterday!

I'm very pleased that I was able to join in the meet, at least a bit. Keep in touch, guys, and if you feel like coming out west we have a meet planned in Seattle Aug 19-20 - see the thread in Civ-Av for more details.

April
But that was when I ruled the world

desertjets

Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:19 pm

Quoting SkySurfer (Reply 7):
I'm guessing 'Should i have the chicken fajitas, or should i have the sirloin'??

There was something other than beef on the menu??!

Topics of conversation. We discussed our jobs, traffic, the garbage situation in Toronto, religion, politics, nuclear power, the HP/US merger, what to have for dinner, etc... the usual stuff.

It would have been better if more of us could have headed downtown. Which ended up being interesting. With the homeless people pointing out parking spots in the LBCO lot on Queen's Quay. And our endless wandering about said parking lot as Nuno, Tony, and Jordan were hunting for legal spots.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia

ScarletHarlot

Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:26 pm

You missed the most important conversation point...do you pronounce your name DesertJets, or DessertJets? Maybe that was just me and Phyllis thinking about dessert!  Smile

WhyWhyZed

Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:59 am

Quoting Mr Spaceman (Reply 11):
Here's the Westjet 737 (Flt WS913) that CORULEZ05 arrived on from FT Lauderdale, FL around 5:00 pm.

Cool. He was on Tail 007.
::starts to hum James bond music::

Here's my photo of the same aircraft that day, in the A.net queue...
http://www.airliners.net/addphotos/big/ready/cgrwsyyz072305jay.jpg

Lastly, I don't know where he was sitting, but...
http://www.wwspotters.com/IMG_6424.jpg

- Jason DePodesta

P.S - If anybody needs a place to host their pictures, drop me an email at jason.depodesta@gmail.com

[Edited 2005-07-25 19:17:25]

captaingomes

Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:42 am

Hey, awesome pics! Keep 'em coming!!!

It was really a pleasure to meet all of you! This meet was more successful than I had imagined it would be, and frankly I have to say that airliners.net has some very nice and interesting people overall. Thanks especially to those who came a fair distance, and I hope it was worthwhile. Next time, more of you need to go downtown or participate in the nocturnal events.  Wink
"it's kind of like an Airbus, it's an engineering marvel, but there's no sense of passion" -- J. Clarkson re: Coxster

skysurfer

Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:07 am

Hey guys how's it goin?? Nuno, i would've been downtown with u guys that night, but i didn't admit it but my friend had lost her ID, so to save her face i decided to say i was tired and had to sleep...otherwise we'd have been there!
I was spotting from Arizona's from 11am - 12:30pm and no1 was there, so i b ought a book from martins(?) store and then left b4 that storm came. Thanx to everyone who was there, i had a great time and i hope if i come down for a day or so next time that i can meet up with a few of you. It was awesum, i made lots of friends and if u're ever i YGK (why the hell would u be) let me know and we'll hook up.
Don't be afraid to get in touch with me, and once again i thank you all for having a great time.

stu

ps....guys/gurls, one time we gotta take the organizational load off of Nuno and give him a break!!!  Smile Nuno, u owe me for saying that! lol

CHEERS

captaingomes

Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:21 am

LOL Stu! I owe you a beer for that! I enjoy these as much as everybody, but I just don't have what it takes anymore.  Wink Now I recall, there were mentions in previous threads about people buying beer to others, and I don't think that ever materialized! I have to go and find out who promised what  Smile
"it's kind of like an Airbus, it's an engineering marvel, but there's no sense of passion" -- J. Clarkson re: Coxster

northstardc4m

Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:44 am

ok well, no people pics... but my massdump of airliner pics is up:

http://www.simlivery.com/July2305.HTM
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

AC777LR

Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:45 am

Well I had a great time for the little time I was there, I met some fantastic people, you all where so great. I thank all who came out, and made this a great day/night. We must do that again......C'mon people post those dinner photos.  Big grin
Member since April 2000

CORULEZ05

Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:38 pm

Well, all I can really say is that I had a FANTASTIC time in YYZ. It was really cool meeting all of you. I do apologize if I didn't get a chance to talk to everyone but there were just too many people and not enough time! Also, special thanks to Nuno, Phyllis, and Mr Spaceman for giving me rides around town. This was my first meet and I really enjoyed it. It would of been cool if I had done some more site seeing but maybe next time. Anyhow, I'll be posting some pics tomorrow night of the events. Thanks to all of you once again for an awesome meet.

I would also like to thank the Sheraton/Gateway hotel and most importantly WestJet for FANTASTIC and AMAZING service. I couldn't of asked for a better airline or hotel...excellent work guys!  bigthumbsup 

[Edited 2005-07-26 05:40:39]
Fly jetBlue today!!!!!!!

ScarletHarlot

Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:46 pm

Ed, you made it home safely! Glad the INS didn't give you trouble.

C'mon guys, post some dinner pics!  Smile

Shawn Patrick

Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:04 am

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 24):
C'mon guys, post some dinner pics!

Dinner PICS??? How about soundbytes? Oh, I forgot. It was unrepeatable. Unrepeatable in a regretful way?

KLMA330

Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:14 am

I'm so sorry I missed what seems to have been such a great outing! Sad

Ended up having to move furniture in a rented Hertz cargo van (BIG) all weekend... at least my house looks great, but that would have been a blast!
Hopefully next time.

Billy.

CORULEZ05

Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:28 am

So, here are the pics from Saturday night...dinner @ the Keg....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/CORULEZ05/Picture024.jpg

....Myself and Vaporlock right before I departed to the downtown area...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/CORULEZ05/Picture023.jpg

Myself, AC777LR (w/ his new Blackberry), and Emirates345....just standing around talking @ The Keg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/CORULEZ05/Picture022.jpg

(left to right)...RJPieces, Emirates 345, Myself, AC777LR, CurtisMan, and Martin...having dinner @ The Keg (photo taken by Mir)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/CORULEZ05/24644545.jpg

(left to right)..Canuckpaxguy, Captaingomes, Scarletharlot, AC777LR, IHAP, myself, Martin, and not sure about him...having drinks in the bar while we waited for tables @ The Keg.....

[Edited 2005-07-26 23:31:02]
Fly jetBlue today!!!!!!!

WhyWhyZed

Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:21 am

Quoting CORULEZ05 (Reply 27):
(left to right)..Canuckpaxguy, Captaingomes, Scarletharlot, AC777LR, IHAP, myself, Martin, and not sure about him...having drinks in the bar while we waited for tables @ The Keg.....

It's another bad picture of me.  Silly

- Jason DePodesta

[Edited 2005-07-27 00:41:03]

canuckpaxguy

Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:26 am

Quoting WhyWhyZed (Reply 28):
It's another bad picture of me. Silly

Careful, someone might start a thread asking people to comment on you....

Kinda wish I took some photos myself. It was a good time, and I actually stayed for more than 20 minutes!

G

Superfly

Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:28 am

Did Alex Lifeson show up?
He is a private pilot and guitarist you know.  Wink
Bring back the Concorde

WhyWhyZed

Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:40 am

Quoting Canuckpaxguy (Reply 29):
Careful, someone might start a thread asking people to comment on you....

Kinda wish I took some photos myself. It was a good time, and I actually stayed for more than 20 minutes!

G

lol, that'll be scary.

Regarding bringing a camera, just mooch everyone else's photos. They're putting large versions up too. lol

Also, Phyllis looks possessed in that one shot.

- Jason DePodesta

[Edited 2005-07-27 00:42:57]

CORULEZ05

Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:42 am

Quoting WhyWhyZed (Reply 31):
They're putting large versions up too

...lol...trust me, I'm not very fond of the larger version pics but its the only way to really see everyone....LOL. I'm sorry about not getting to actually meet you, that's why I didn't know your name. Although, I did speak with your mom (?) and she was very nice.

yea...looks like we had a "snitch" at our dinner table...hehe

Quoting WhyWhyZed (Reply 17):
Lastly, I don't know where he was sitting, but...

I was sitting in the exit row (one seat away from the window though)...if I had waved, my hand would be visible in that pic!!!!!!! Thanks for that great pic of the plane that took me to beautiful Toronto.....

[Edited 2005-07-27 00:48:20]
Fly jetBlue today!!!!!!!

WhyWhyZed

Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:46 am

Quoting CORULEZ05 (Reply 32):
...lol...trust me, I'm not very fond of the larger version pics but its the only way to really see everyone....LOL. I'm sorry about not getting to actually meet you, that's why I didn't know your name. Although, I did speak with your mom (?) and she was very nice.

I shall pass that along to her. BTW, were you sitting in any of these windows you never really replied to that part. Just thought it'd be cool if you were. http://www.wwspotters.com/IMG_6424.jpg

- Jason DePodesta

IHadAPheo

Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:49 am

IHAP and family have found our way home after three days in the sun and SUN in YYZ. nothing like roasting in the sun while looking skyward and saying, is it time to eat.

It was a blast to see everyone and I hope to be able to attend the next meet (if you will let me). Dinner was great as was the converstaion and company.

I am sorry that I could not make the trip downtown but as I said I did not want to leave Lizzie and wifey alone for too long.

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 14):
and if you feel like coming out west we have a meet planned in Seattle Aug 19-20 - see the thread in Civ-Av for more details.

Hmm, I might be on vacation on those dates and if the $$ work out I might drag the family out west for a trip.
Pray hard but pray with care For the tears that you are crying now Are just your answered prayers

CORULEZ05

Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:50 am

Quoting WhyWhyZed (Reply 33):
I shall pass that along to her. BTW, were you sitting in any of these windows you never really replied to that part. Just thought it'd be cool if you were. http://www.wwspotters.com/IMG_6424.jpg

I was sitting by the window that is below the E and S of WestJet...basically, the emergency exit window....right over the wing so the wing and engine made it hard for me to see you guys waving at me.....
Fly jetBlue today!!!!!!!

Mr Spaceman

Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:51 am

Hi guys.

(I'm sorry for the delay in posting these pics, but I've been doing nothing but driving & sleeping the past few days.)

Once I arrived at The KEG, the first task at hand was to find a friggin parking space! You can see one of YYZ's control towers (there's two) from the KEG's back parking lot in this photo.

Now it's time to enter a world of good food & drinks, and a lot of laughs with great people!

Vaporlock & ScarletHarlot finally get to meet.  Smile

Here's a "High Light" of my evening ..... my arms around two Canadian girls. Yeah Baby! Big grin

After telling our waitress ... "I'll have what Stu's having" ... Vaporlock is seen demonstrating how to drink a KEG size Rye & Coke. You simply mix the whiskey & coke in your mouth!  Silly Even our waitress looks amazed!

This photo show's the subject of one of the many conversations at our table ..... "What happened to the other half of C-GRYK's Lobster??? Were did it go?" I told him maybe it was caught that way!  Silly

(PS, A.net wouldn't let me add all of my remaining dinner photos in one post,  banghead  so the last shots are coming right up in a minute. Big grin )

Chris  Smile

Mr Spaceman

Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:57 am

Hi guys.

OK, here's the rest of them........

Unfortunately, we didn't get to all sit down together for dinner (hopefully we will next time). So I went for a stroll to find where the other guys were .........

Well, with dinner finished it was time to head out into the darkness .......

I sure wish I could cook a steak as good as the chefs do in this place.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/Thud/YYZMeet2005087.jpg

>> I had a great time at this YYZ meet. It was a real pleasure meeting everyone. Thanks for the blast!  bigthumbsup  We must do it again!

"I LOVE the smell of Kerosene & Steak on a weekend!"  Silly

Take Care,

Chris  Smile

vaporlock

Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:14 am

Well, first of all I'd just like to say that I had a fantastic time at the YYZ meet! It was great to finally meet many of the a.netters that I've known for so long.

It was also amazing to finally meet my "Canadian Girl" April!!! Finally, after years of being friends it finally happened! April....you rock!

I'd also like to say thanks to Nuno for getting the meet together, next time I'll be sure to help you out! And another speical thanks to "MattRB" who somehow managed to create a design and have shirts printed for the meet!

For all of you who attended.....it was my pleasure as mentioned above to meet you all and "your truly a great bunch"....

Thanks for your friendship and I look forward to getting together again!

Phyllis  bouncy 

PS...Mr Spaceman, thank you for finally getting those pictures posted!!! he he

lnglive1011yyz

Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:35 am

The photos look great guys.. I woulda loved to have gone to dinner, but it was Celine's birthday, and it was her choice that night!!!

As for the group photo, there appear to be several members as well as lurkers who are missing from it, myself included!

Next time, lets try to co-ordinate everyone to be there, (as there were several people up at Wendies, as well as at Arizona's having conversations) so that we can really show off to A.net how many people show up for our meets!

If anyone has any other photos that they'd like to add, show 'em!

Thanks all!

1011yyz
Pack your bags, we're going on a sympathy trip!

BMIFlyer

Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:52 am

Hey Guys, Great Pictures  bigthumbsup 

Looks like you had a great day  Smile

Lee
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

AC777LR

Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:02 pm

I brought a British Flag just for you folks in LHR. I hope you like!!!

[Edited 2005-07-27 05:03:14]
Member since April 2000

rjpieces

Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:52 pm

Hey guys,

Just got home from YYZ. I had an awesome time meeting you all! Spotting on Saturday was a blast even though I had no sleep the night before...I loved YYZ, it was like an American city but cleaner and nicer. It was great meeting all of you and we should stay in touch. A special thanks to Nuno, Jordan, and Mark for driving us around. If you're ever in NYC, definitly let me know.

Again, thanks for the great meet!  Smile
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

Mir

Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:28 pm

And I too am home now, after what I consider to be a fantastic meet. The spotting was great, the people were fantastic, the journey home was an adventure (let's just say that both RJPieces and I should never, ever consider a career in undercover law enforcement). What more could one ask for?

Thanks to everyone for making it a great weekend, particularly Nuno for organizing the whole thing and giving us a tour of the airport on Sunday night, and Matt for not only coming up with one kick-ass shirt design, but actually getting it done in less than a week. Wow.

And, of course, to everyone else who was there for the conversation and friendship.

Hope to see you all again soon,

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

ScarletHarlot

Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:49 pm

Quoting Ihadapheo (Reply 34):
Hmm, I might be on vacation on those dates and if the $$ work out I might drag the family out west for a trip.

Gene, you know you would be most welcome. I would love to see the Chimp family out in SEA. Same goes for all the rest of you! Check out the thread - we have some neat events lined up.

Quoting Vaporlock (Reply 38):
It was also amazing to finally meet my "Canadian Girl" April!!! Finally, after years of being friends it finally happened! April....you rock!

Phyllis, you're not just my Canadian girl - you're my Northern Ontario girl!! I can't tell you how pleased I am that we got to meet. We've gotta get together more often than every two years!

Mr. Spaceman, thanks for posting the dinner photos!

Quoting Mr Spaceman (Reply 37):
"I LOVE the smell of Kerosene & Steak on a weekend!"

Love it!

AWspicious

Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:58 am

What??!! Pictures?!?! Damn.....!

Buon giorno, everee bodyee! (Italian accent off) ;-]

It was cool to have met those of you who I was actually able to speak with. Unfortunately, I was unable to stick around long enough to meet everyone in attendance. The mini-summit at Arizona Sunday night was cool, also. I hope all who visited had a good experience.

Ciao!
Nevermind political correctness - Envision using your turn signals!

ScarletHarlot

Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:29 pm

Quoting AWspicious (Reply 45):
Buon giorno, everee bodyee! (Italian accent off) ;-]

Antonio! Ciao! Did you join the gang on Sunday? Sorry I missed you.

(I suspect you are making slight fun of me, but I think I deserve it!  Smile )

AWspicious

Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:50 pm

Slight ;-]

Didn't join the gang on Sunday. My girlfriend and I met later with CaptainGomes, MIR, and RJpieces at Arizona. Unfortunately for the lads, the desert menu was unavailable. So, we settled for alcohol.
Nevermind political correctness - Envision using your turn signals!

CORULEZ05

Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:36 pm

Quoting AWspicious (Reply 47):
Didn't join the gang on Sunday. My girlfriend and I met later with CaptainGomes, MIR, and RJpieces at Arizona.

....interesting....  scratchchin 
Fly jetBlue today!!!!!!!

ScarletHarlot

Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:05 am

Quoting AWspicious (Reply 47):
Slight ;-]

Nice flag. Now I understand its significance.  Smile

Quoting CORULEZ05 (Reply 48):
....interesting....

What do you mean?