FlyingTexan
Topic Author

Vote For Me; Get Your Crack Rock

Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:17 pm

BROOKSHIRE, TX — Allegations of voter fraud are shaking things up in the small town of Brookshire. There are some serious allegations, including offers of crack in return for a vote.

A woman who did not want to be identified says she was paid to vote for Mayor Keith Woods -- in crack.

"We just don't operate like that," insisted Brookshire Mayor Keith Woods. "I hire a lot of people to do a lot of work, but as far as us going and buying some type of drugs… That is just crazy."

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/071905_local_voterfraud.html

===

spin 
"Wouldn't your boss like to fly home nonstop at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon?" -Airline Exec to Congressional Staffer

TedTAce

RE: Vote For Me; Get Your Crack Rock

Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:40 pm

And I thought Senators taking trips on PAC money was offensive!!
This space intentionally left blank

FlyingTexan
Topic Author

Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:15 am

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 1):
And I thought Senators taking trips on PAC money was offensive!!

Change that to *public officials* as policy makers all levels - elected and appointed ~ take big interest-sponsored junkets.

spin 
"Wouldn't your boss like to fly home nonstop at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon?" -Airline Exec to Congressional Staffer

satx

Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:20 am

This sounds a bit far-fetched to me. It seems like there would be much easier ways to buy votes than this. Heck, just drum up some dead voter's names if you have to. I'm a hard-core cynical pessimist, and yet this story has my BS meter bouncing off the chart. It's the kind of story that just sounds a little too... fabricated.
Open Season on Consumer Protections is Just Around the Corner...

FlyingTexan
Topic Author

Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:43 am

Quoting SATX (Reply 3):

Well, Channel 13 (the Houston ABC affiliate) is not known for their journalistic virtues, a la many local news channels anywhere. This story has yet to appear elsewhere – the Houston Chronicle, CNN, other local channels, etc.