TedTAce
Topic Author

Do You Think "God" Is Trying To Tell The Scouts...

Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:00 am

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8757108/
Boy Scout, adult leader killed by lightning
Six others injured when bolt strikes tarp in California park

Do you think "God" is trying to tell the Scouts to get their act together on gay troop leaders?
This space intentionally left blank

MaverickM11

RE: Do You Think "God" Is Trying To Tell The Scouts...

Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:13 am

Quoting TedTAce (Thread starter):
Do you think "God" is trying to tell the Scouts to get their act together on gay troop leaders?

No I think God is trying to tell the scouts to be careful around lightning and DEFINITELY don't pitch tents under electrical wires  Silly

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/07/25/jam....deaths.ap/?section=cnn_topstories
E pur si muove -Galileo

erikwilliam

Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:20 am

Quoting TedTAce (Thread starter):
Do you think "God" is trying to tell the Scouts to get their act together on gay troop leaders

rotfl   rotfl , that was mean man, just plain mean  devil 
Dida, Cafu, Lucio, Roque Junior, Roberto Carlo, Emerson, Ze Roberto, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Adriano, Robinho, Ronaldo

CaptOveur

Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:26 am

Ted, I can tell you in my personal experience that gay troop leaders DO happen. Unless they are flaming or pedos or both nobody really gives a shit, the situation is kept quiet though. Just because a decree comes down from the mountain in Irving doesn't mean everyone at the local level follows it to the letter.

People die in Boy Scouts every year. If that many people go out into the woods every year there is going to be an incident sooner or later. This is especially true when people do stupid shit like pitch tents under power lines, or don't excercise due caution in a thunderstorm.

People died before the gay ruling, people kept dying after it. Did you have a particular point?
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

redngold

Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:34 am

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 1):
No I think God is trying to tell the scouts to be careful around lightning

I think this is the most probable answer. Lightning can strike anywhere within a ten mile radius, and the whole thing about "if you feel your hair stand on end..." isn't very reliable. A charge can build up a lot faster than you might feel it.

redngold
Up, up and away!

AsstChiefMark

Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:09 am

This is the time of the year that the Boy Scouts are on maneuvers. With the National Guard troops knackered, Bush is about to call up America's third line of protection. With so many troops training at the same time, accidents are bound to happen.

Wink

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail

ANCFlyer

Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:29 am

Ridiculous fuckin' post TedT . . .

"God" isn't trying to say shit . . .

Those guys in Virginia screwed up putting the tent too close to power lines . . . simple as that.

The other guys weren't lucky in the thunderstorm . . . simple as that.

Don't make, or attempt to make, something out of this that isn't there for the sake of starting flaming horseshit.   

Edit: Typo

[Edited 2005-07-29 22:32:50]
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

daedaeg

Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:36 am

Another silly post from one of our resident atheist. And you wonder why the electorate don't take you people seriously.
Everyday you're alive is a good day.

Delta767300ER

Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:02 am

No, I dont think the Almighty was trying to send them a message. This proves when its your time to go, its your time.

-Delta767300ER

satx

RE: Do You Think "God" Is Trying To Tell The Scout

Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:41 am

Quoting Redngold (Reply 4):
and the whole thing about "if you feel your hair stand on end..." isn't very reliable

"Isn't very reliable"?! I never even knew there was some old wives tale about being able to predict lightning based on the position of your hair.

Quoting Daedaeg (Reply 7):
Another silly post from one of our resident atheist. And you wonder why the electorate don't take you people seriously.

They didn't take us seriously because we didn't threaten to send them to an eternity in Hell if they didn't do exactly what we told them to.  Big grin
Open Season on Consumer Protections is Just Around the Corner...

Newark777

Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:44 am

They didn't take us seriously because we didn't threaten to send them to an eternity in Hell if they didn't do exactly what we told them to.

That's funny, neither did the Republicans.  Yeah sure

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

bezoar

Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:54 am

Well, TedTAce, at least you capitalized 'God.' And your question alone presumes that a "God" exists. You're coming right along!
"There are none so blind as those who will not see."

An-225

Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:10 am

This was more of a joke post. Anyone who doesn't understand it, needs to lighten up and relax.

Alex.
Money does not bring you happiness. But it's better to cry in your own private limo than on a cold bus stop.

satx

Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:11 am

Quoting Newark777 (Reply 11):
That's funny, neither did the Republicans.

Republicans?! When did I start mentioning political parties?!

Is there a reason why you think Republicans are somehow more spiritually inclined than Democrats? That's nonsense in my opinion. Being a voices-hearing god-fearing sheep of a Christian faith isn't the only way to be 'spiritual'. However, I would agree that Republicans are far more likely to mix politics and religion based on what I've seen over the last few years.

srbmod

Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:17 am

I don't think it's God, it's Darwin thinning out the herd.....

You'd think these adults would have known better when they were erecting the dining tent up @ the Jamboree. As for the being struck by lightning, it can just as easily had happened in someone's backyard. The Boy Scout angle on it is merely due to the recent incident up @ A.P. Hill.

IMHO, in both cases, it seems as though the leaders had forgotten some of the stuff in the Scout Handbook in regards of setting up camp. You never pitch a tent or a dining fly under dead tree branches (You try to avoid setting then up under tree branches as much as possible, but that's not always the case as not every place one decides to set up camp at is in the middle of a field) or power lines.

Having been to the Jamboree site (Ft. A.P. Hill) for the 1993 Jamboree (3rd Assistant Scoutmaster, Troop 1844, N.E. Georgia Council), I did recall seeing some subcamp areas and activities areas on the site having power lines running through them. Considering 40,000+ people are camping on the Jamboree site (with thousands more visiting the Jamboree everyday), it's kind of hard for them not to put camping areas in some of the subcamps in the path of power lines. It really wouldn't be cost effective to relocate or bury the lines when you consider the Jamboree site is used for a few months every four years (I'm not sure if the US Army does anything in that part of the base in the interim.).

Newark777

Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:24 am

Well, a judge recently ruled that the Scouts can't use the federal land because their oath includes faith to God. Just more of the bullshit streaming from the courts. Thankfully the Senate had some sense and allowed them to use the site again.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/07/...6/congress.boyscouts.ap/index.html

Harry

satx

Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:39 am

Quoting Newark777 (Reply 16):
Well, a judge recently ruled that the Scouts can't use the federal land because their oath includes faith to God

If you have to err, you might as well err on the side of separation between church and state. Too bad the government is mixing politics and religion again. Maybe we'll go all the way back to the Salem Witch Trials again before the silent majority says to hell with religious politicians, but I sincerely hope not.

Newark777

Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:48 am

If you have to err, you might as well err on the side of separation between church and state

This shouldn't have been a borderline case. The constitution says that the government may not create a law respecting an establishment of religion. This has to do with letting an organization, with one little part having to do with religion, use federal land. It is not Congress creating a law respecting the establishment of religion, therefore does not violate the constitution.

Harry

TedTAce
Topic Author

Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:15 am

Quoting Erikwilliam (Reply 2):
that was mean man, just plain mean devil

{Bows}

Quoting CaptOveur (Reply 3):
Ted, I can tell you in my personal experience that gay troop leaders DO happen

Then why doesn't the rest of the organization just open up a can of STFU?!?

Quoting CaptOveur (Reply 3):
People died before the gay ruling, people kept dying after it. Did you have a particular point?

Here is were you started taking me way to seriously...

Quoting Redngold (Reply 4):
I think this is the most probable answer. Lightning can strike anywhere within a ten mile radius, and the whole thing about "if you feel your hair stand on end..." isn't very reliable. A charge can build up a lot faster than you might feel it.

The record (as I understand it might have been 12): was 20 miles from the storm center when some golfers were struck down.

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 6):

Don't make, or attempt to make, something out of this that isn't there for the sake of starting flaming horseshit.

ANC do you miss Kroc THAT much?? You seem to be very lonely and angry all of a sudden.

Quoting Daedaeg (Reply 7):

If I wanted to be taken seriously, you think I'd EVER post in non-av?

Quoting Newark777 (Reply 9):
Stupid post, you're a [edited] moron.

Harry

Very intelligent remark....

Quoting SATX (Reply 10):
They didn't take us seriously because we didn't threaten to send them to an eternity in Hell if they didn't do exactly what we told them to. Big grin

Someone who understands me  Smile

Quoting Bezoar (Reply 12):
Well, TedTAce, at least you capitalized 'God.' And your question alone presumes that a "God" exists. You're coming right along!

Someone who appreciates that I am 'growing'

Quoting An-225 (Reply 13):
This was more of a joke post. Anyone who doesn't understand it, needs to lighten up and relax.

Alex.

Someone who understands me better!!

Quoting SATX (Reply 14):
god-fearing sheep of a Christian faith

I couldn't have said that better myself

Quoting Srbmod (Reply 15):
I don't think it's God, it's Darwin thinning out the herd.....

thumbsup 

Quoting Newark777 (Reply 16):
Well, a judge recently ruled that the Scouts can't use the federal land because their oath includes faith to God. Just more of the bullshit streaming from the courts. Thankfully the Senate had some sense and allowed them to use the site again.

More intellectual then the last remark I cited, but still living in the stone ages.

Quoting Newark777 (Reply 18):
The constitution says that the government may not create a law respecting an establishment of religion.

Can I have some cheese with the abhorrent wine service?

My whole point in this thread was pointing out that even what are probably good 'god' fearing people are taken out of the equation at a moments notice. IMHO it's not an 'early reward' as not being able to talk/hold/touch your loved ones is HELL in and of itself.

b757300

Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:25 am

God isn't trying to tell the Boy Scouts anything about homosexuals. Besides, the only people who whine about it are morally bankrupt liberals. God doesn't approve of the homosexual "lifestyle" and would never force anyone to accept homosexuals into their organization.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

rjpieces

Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:36 am

God isn't trying to tell the Boy Scouts anything about homosexuals. Besides, the only people who whine about it are morally bankrupt liberals. God doesn't approve of the homosexual "lifestyle" and would never force anyone to accept homosexuals into their organization.

B757300, I agree with a lot of your posts, but you are out of line here. Who the heck are you to say what God agrees with? You are no different than the "morally bankrupt liberals" in this case because you are both hypocrites. If you were a true religious soul, rather than mascerading as one, you would accept all people as God's creation and not blast their lifestyle. You should amend your statement. It's one thing to not agree with gay marriage, but to blast homosexuals as being sinners and to advocate persecution of them, as you are doing, is disgusting and disgraceful and un-American. Deep down I think you know that.
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

bezoar

Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:50 am

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/07/29/scouts.lightning.ap/index.html

Another incident in Fresno, CA. Lightning strikes a group of Boy Scouts.

TedTAce
Topic Author

Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:01 am

Quoting Bezoar (Reply 22):
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/07/29/scouts.lightning.ap/index.html

Another incident in Fresno, CA. Lightning strikes a group of Boy Scouts.

That's what started this thread...just a diferent source.

Quoting B757300 (Reply 20):
God doesn't approve of the homosexual "lifestyle" and would never force anyone to accept homosexuals into their organization.

He told you this himself??  Yeah sure

Quoting B757300 (Reply 20):
Besides, the only people who whine about it are morally bankrupt liberals.

Oh yeah and Ken Lay is moral? You might want to try something OTHER then Fox new.. I'm not talking the Comunist news network, MSNBC or anything THAT radical, but you might want to try BBC news or some other organization that gladly sits back and laughs at how stupid both sides of the isle are.

Oh by the way.... name ONE male/female marriage that was destroyed by a homosexual copuple living within 30 miles of them..

ANCFlyer

Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:31 am

Quoting An-225 (Reply 13):

Alex, if you find humor in the deaths of these people then you've got a twisted mind . . . .

TedT - I don't miss KROC  wink  . . . this thread is pure flamebait, you know it, I know it, and most people reading it (save for Alex of course) know it.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

bezoar

Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:41 am

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 23):
That's what started this thread...just a diferent source.

Ah, and you had a chance to chide me for not more closely read the post! What restraint! I glanced too quickly, and thought your article referred to the incident at Fort A.P. Hill. The article I read was timed at 5:30 PM, and I presumed it was fresh.

TedTAce
Topic Author

Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:54 am

Quoting Bezoar (Reply 25):
What restraint!

Welcome to "the kinder, gentler" Ted  Big grin

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 24):
this thread is pure flamebait, you know it, I know it, and most people reading it (save for Alex of course) know it.

redflag 

If I wanted to make this flame bait I would have said something along the lines of "GOD IS killing anti Gay Boy Scouts".. OR "Why is the media reporting on dying boy scouts when they should be investigating (insert republican name of the day here)?"

In fact I'm merely presenting a question..I know a lot more people here know a lot more about god then I do.

KC135R

Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:25 am

Quoting B757300 (Reply 19):

You always add so much to a thread - thank God for you!  sarcastic 

With that off my chest....

I am sure all this bad luck the boy scouts are having has more to do with the fact that several thousand people are gathered in one place and, statistically, bad things are more likely to happen. They do seem to be having a bad run of luck though, hopefully they can wrap things up without any more disasters.

L-188

Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:33 am

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 25):
If I wanted to make this flame bait I would have said something along the lines of "GOD IS killing anti Gay Boy Scouts".. OR "Why is the media reporting on dying boy scouts when they should be investigating (insert republican name of the day here)?"

May I be blunt for a moment (Like you have a choice)

Listen jerk, those four guys that got killed by the powerline where from the town that Ancflyer and myself are fun. There may be 200,000 people here but when you have four people killed like that, you still end up knowing at least one guy that was directly effected by it ok.

Don't make your jokes on the graves of four people who where trying to do their best for the boys...ok.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

satx

Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:43 am

Quoting KC135R (Reply 26):
They do seem to be having a bad run of luck though, hopefully they can wrap things up without any more disasters.

I used to be in the scouts way back when. I almost snagged a life-saving badge once, but that was by 'saving' folks from a river, not from lightning or personal stupidity like these recent events would seem to require. And besides, if we hadn't 'saved' our fellow scouts, somebody would have eventually shown up and asked why people were sitting on rocks in the middle of a river.  Big grin

I was in good troupes and bad troupes. The bad troupes were more fun, but nobody did their fare share of the work. The good troupes were less fun, and nobody did their fair share of the work. Basically, all you did was camp and collect silly badges that may or may not have anything to do with your actual accomplishments.

Falcon84

Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:58 am

I don't think God is telling them anything, Ted. I think it tragic, unfortunate events, that are really heart-wrenching.

No matter my antipathy for what the Scouts push these days, I feel nothing but sadness for the families who have to deal with these tragedies, and hope the Good Lord can comfort them.
Work Right, Fly Hard

TUNisia

Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:00 pm

They had to close a Boy Scout camp here in RI because hundreds of kids got sick with Norovirus.
Someday the sun will shine down on me in some faraway place - Mahalia Jackson

TedTAce
Topic Author

Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:18 pm

Quoting L-188 (Reply 27):
you still end up knowing at least one guy that was directly effected by it ok.

So which one did you know?

budyboy

Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:33 pm

ted,
great post!!
Of course 'god' would only have had anything to do with this if only faggots died. Then it would have been a sign from heaven.

Reading this forum makes me wonder if there is any way we could have the B bangers secede to their own little country. A little Fiefdom like Saudi Arabia or Iran. Hang errant daughters, wives and homos.

And of course drink contaminated water so your big leaders friends get lots of money.

ZAP!!

vsmike

Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:47 pm

"Do You Think "God" Is Trying To Tell The Scouts..."

HELP TAKE A BITE OUT OF CRIME...
ONLY YOU CAN PREVENT FOREST FIRES.
Skyteam. Caring More About Me.