Catatonic
Topic Author

Help On New Jersey Transport

Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:54 am

I'm going to be staying in NJ soon and wondered what the public transport system is like in the New Brunswick/Franklin area, any advice on commuting?
Equally Cursed and Blessed.

ltbewr

RE: Help On New Jersey Transport

Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:38 am

Go to www.njtransit.com for the bus and train services from NYC, Newark. Also, Suburban Bus Lines (part of Coach USA) serves the New Brunswick and area, but I don't know their website, do a search.

WindowSeat

Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:31 am

Hey Catatonic,

Welcome to the Garden State, I called it home for over 3 yrs. Question is where will you be commuting to? Are you planning on living in NJ and commuting into New York City? It is fairly easy with NJ Transit. But for getting around within New Jersey you will need a car. If you are used to the public transport system in the UK with the underground, National Express, or National Rail, public transport in New Jersey is nowhere close to that.

IM me if you have any specific questions. I lived 20 mins from New Brunswick.

cheers
I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards.

deltairlines

Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:48 am

If you are commuting to either New York or Philly, it's relatively easy. The Northeast Corridor runs right through New Brunswick, so there are about 100 trains or so each day to NYC, with a few of them being expresses (Trenton, Hamilton, Princeton Junction and New Brunswick...Edison and everything after is local only). To get to Philly, just take a Trenton train, transfer to Septa's R7 line at Trenton. I believe there are some local NJ Transit bus routes also out of New Brunswick...check the bus page at NJT to verify.

Jeff

Catatonic
Topic Author

Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:50 am

Quoting WindowSeat (Reply 2):
Question is where will you be commuting to?

Hi, thanks for all your replies! I need to commute between Franklin and new Brunswick, there is only 4 miles distance but I really dont want to walk. Thanks for all the info, I have checked out the websites but they are a bit confusing, I need something with a route map as I dont know the names of the stops if you know what I mean.
Equally Cursed and Blessed.

Cory6188

Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:11 pm

I'd say that a car is best. In NJ, the highway is king, and we've got the traffic jams to prove it.

kaddyuk

Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:27 pm

Quoting Catatonic (Thread starter):
National Express

This is NOT an approved method of transport in the UK  Wink unless of course you are over 50... or a student

LoL!
Whoever said "laughter is the best medicine" never had Gonorrhea