As the Jewish German Foreign Minister Walter Rathenau was murdered in 1922 (?), the then Reichskanzler Wirth said that "the enemy stands on the right side of the political spectrum". Unfortunately, his statement was accurate.. what followed from 1933 does not have to be elaborated further.. even the first world war started due to crazy nationalist aspirations; now let's discuss whether Wirth's statement is still accurate:
- In Continental Europe (and in Britain with the BNP), extreme right-wing forces are getting stronger and trying to disintegrate the society, scapegoat people with different origin and ethnicity and subscribe to unilateral and often imperial policies. It is just scaring to see at the moment how right voices, even within conventional conservative parties, are on the rise.
- In India, some dangerous people from the BJP-right wing coalition tried to press forward their Hindu-agenda and discriminate minorities, be it religious, from language and in cases even cast --> Who benefited? The rich upper middle class
- what will happen if ocnservatives will seize power in Pakistan?
- The Right-wing government of Bush tried to conquer Iraq for "several reasons" (Oil??) --> since then, the world has become more insecure --> What happens: Corporate Globalism is having a new momentum --> social aspects are on the drive back ; other aggressive right-wing governments, as the Reagan Administration, have brought us to the brink of another war!
- In Israel, Ariel Sharon is driving his zig-zack
- In Iran, the "new Mullah Government" will give the people an uncertain future
- I won't start with the fascists Saudi Arabia
- in Australia, John Howard further discriminates the Aboriginal people; asylum seekers are treated like criminals
- Belarus is everything but a glorious example ; and remember that hardliner Shirinowski in Russia
I could continue more - maybe someone else wants to overtake.. bottomline in my eyes is that the right-wing does not have any connection to the people but acts either in a populist or authoritarian manner globally. Only few selected groups benefit while many people, the voiceless, are marginalized.
I don't want to say that I think the extreme left to be better - in fact, i don't think so at all! (if anyone feels seriously offended, bring a list with counter examples for the discussion). What I wanna say is that extreme forms of politics are not beneficial for the citizens at all, and have never been so. And I want to say that most black parts contemporary of human history occured due to the right wing.