LHMark
Topic Author

A Panhandler Just Did Something Very Nice For Us.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:22 am

Nancy was having a hard time finding her car keys.

Just now, a panhandler rang our doorbell. He had been going through our bin, looking for bottles, and he found Nancy's keys in the garbage where she had acidentally dropped them. She was so happy, she gave him a bunch of empties and $10.

He was probably hoping for a reward, but so what? It's nice when common courtesy blurs the nearly uncrossable lines of society.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

TPASXM787

RE: A Panhandler Just Did Something Very Nice For Us.

Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:24 am

dude, just becuase Nancy got pissed, kicked you out, and you found a set of keys while picking around in the trash doesn't count for much.

all kidding aside, if he was a sick bastard, he could have waited til you were asleep and broken in, so that was kindhearted. as were you in giving him $10, you really didn't have to do anything.

are things really so bad in Crapchester people are picking through your trash now??? damn
This is the Last Stop.

LHMark
Topic Author

Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:01 am

Yeah. They go for bottles, which they can return for a 5 cent deposit. People have entire cottage industries built around it.
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

FlyingTexan

Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:21 am

Believable story. But do you think he stole her keys?

Were they like VW or Mercedes keys – replacements cost $275?

All in all, at least y’all have the keys back!
"Wouldn't your boss like to fly home nonstop at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon?" -Airline Exec to Congressional Staffer

aa61hvy

Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:21 am

I'm sure the bum had plenty of empties after leaving your shack, you know, with your habit and all, Mark.
Go big or go home

LHMark
Topic Author

Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:27 am

Well, we like to help the disadvantaged in our own special way, even if we gotta crack a few brews to do it. Still planning to outdrink me when you finally come up to ROC?

aa61hvy

Wed Aug 17, 2005 1:04 pm

Quoting LHMark (Reply 5):
Still planning to outdrink me when you finally come up to ROC?

Come October, we will see my man..PS: did you change your cell #? I had to ask you a question last week and the number I had for you was not working.
Go big or go home

KROC

Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:10 pm

Quoting AA61Hvy (Reply 6):
PS: did you change your cell #? I had to ask you a question last week and the number I had for you was not working.

Smart move LHMark. I should try that too.