Blackbird1331
Topic Author

WTC Families/ The Final Say?

Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:19 am

The final say in much of the decision making about ground zero, and other matters, seems to be hampered by the families of the victims of 911. America and much of the rest of the world suffered that day. Should we have a say?
Cameras shoot pictures. Guns shoot people. They have the guns.

Newark777

RE: WTC Families/ The Final Say?

Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:22 am

They should have some say, but many make themselves out to be entitled to everything. That widows group is just a bunch of angry soccer moms out to get people because of their (justifiable) frustration. The relatives of those who die "spectacularly" are no more important than the families of others that have died.

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

JFKspotter

Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:54 am

Quoting Newark777 (Reply 1):
That widows group is just a bunch of angry soccer moms

Ex-soccer moms, who had to stop being soccer moms so they could take care of an entire family by themselves, after 9/11.

Would it seriously bother you that much if they had a say and you didn't?

Superfly

Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:04 am

Quoting Newark777 (Reply 1):
just a bunch of angry soccer moms

WTF?  Wow!
Perhaps if you lost your child or loved one at ground zero, you'd have a different opinion on the matter.
Bring back the Concorde

Newark777

Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:10 am

Would it seriously bother you that much if they had a say and you didn't?

No it wouldn't, read the first five words of my first post.

I am talking about the groups such as the one led by Kristen Breitweiser. They have already received so much aid, and now keep acting as though they are entitled to more. Relatives of those lost in the Oklahoma bombings and others got squat compared to them, and we don't see them complaining.

I personally know many of the widows who lost husbands, and I can think of at least 4 of my friends off the top of my head that lost parents. This is not a blanket statement against all of them, although I made it seem that way in my original post, for which I apologize.

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

Matt D

Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:23 am

Nobody is saying that these people aren't deserving of sympathy or perhaps in some instances, aid.

Nobody isn't sharing in their grief or saying 9/11 wasn't a tragedy.

The issue is how does losing a loved one in 9/11 grant the next of kin proprietary right to the World Trade Pit and the plans going forward?

What does one have to do with the other?

What makes THEM so special?

STT757

Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:14 am

Quoting Matt D (Reply 5):
The issue is how does losing a loved one in 9/11 grant the next of kin proprietary right to the World Trade Pit and the plans going forward?

What does one have to do with the other?

Because it's NY politicians who have to answer the angry family members, the politicians are the ones controlling the development of the World Trade Center.

They are not going to end up like Bush having angry Mothers and Wives dragging their father (or mother) less children around at every public event decrying how they are disgracing the memory of their loved ones.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

Delta717

Thu Aug 18, 2005 9:52 am

9/11 was an unspeakable tragedy, and the victims' families are entitled to their opinion, but, like Newark777 has said, there have been other tragedies in which families have lost their loved ones.

Take a look at the London bombings...you don't see anyone complaining about them re-building the tube stations and not "preserving the memory" of their loved one. Tragedies happen everyday, people are taken away at young ages. Although this was a huge national catastrophe, it doesn't make it any different from a house fire on Long Island.

STT757

Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:36 pm

Quoting Delta717 (Reply 7):
Take a look at the London bombings...you don't see anyone complaining about them re-building the tube stations and not "preserving the memory" of their loved one.

To be fair the loved one's of the London Tube bombings got their loved one's remains back and had a funeral etc.. Many (most) of the families who lost loved one's on 9/11 got nothing back, there was one family of a fire fighter that buried his vial of blood which was in storage before he died. That little vial of blood was the only physical part of their loved one left to bury.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757