EA CO AS
Topic Author

It's My Birthday - And I'm Working...

Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:12 pm

August 19th is my 33rd birthday... birthday ...and for some insane reason I've talked myself into working 14 hours of overtime today.  crazy  banghead 

Anyone else ever spend your birthday working instead of relaxing and enjoying yourself?
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

flyAUA

RE: It's My Birthday - And I'm Working...

Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:17 pm

Quoting EA CO AS (Thread starter):
Anyone else ever spend your birthday working instead of relaxing and enjoying yourself?

Yep... every year so far since I left school.

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY  champagne  Big grin

[Edited 2005-08-19 15:33:19]
Not drinking, also isn't a solution!

Pe@rson

Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:23 pm

Yep. My birthday was last Saturday (13th Aug). I had to work all day. Great fun.  Wink

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU - I'M NOT AS OLD AS YOU.  Big grin
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

ZKSUJ

Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:24 pm

Yeap, every year basically except this one. But will be bak again next year. Happy B'day by the way  Wink

erikwilliam

Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:28 pm

probably 70% of the worlds population, some don´t do it because either they are too young to work, either they are retired or theyr B-day is on a weekend.

Congratulations, after work go out and celebrate, or make a bbq with your buddies tomorrow, have a pleasent day

And your present is: welcome to the real world, where b-days means nothing, money means everything.
Dida, Cafu, Lucio, Roque Junior, Roberto Carlo, Emerson, Ze Roberto, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Adriano, Robinho, Ronaldo

prosa

Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:31 pm

Employees where I work are expected to bring in donuts or cookies on their own birthdays.
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

OYRJA

Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:52 pm

Happy Birthday man  Smile
If it makes you any happier, i have to tell you that I worked on my birthday as well  Sad

Superfly

Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:57 pm

Happy Birthday!  bigthumbsup 

You have the same birthday as Bill Clinton!  Cool

Bring back the Concorde

erikwilliam

Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:09 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 7):
You have the same birthday as Bill Clinton!

Fly, can I ask you something I never understood?
Since you´r a black guy and posted a pic o Bill Clinton, made me wonder something I heard a lot of times.

Why black american comedians often say Bill Clinton has black tendencies, etc etc???

please, no disrespect intended, it´s a honest question!

thx in advance
Dida, Cafu, Lucio, Roque Junior, Roberto Carlo, Emerson, Ze Roberto, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Adriano, Robinho, Ronaldo

ANCFlyer

Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:19 am

Happy Birthday . . . .

Sure I've worked plenty of birthdays . . . just another day of the week for me . . .
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

HAWK21M

Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:22 am

Birthday wishes......
I'm in Aviation & Mx.I've spent a lot of Birthdays at work too  Sad
But the 1st Available free day I'd celebrtate.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

allstarflyer

Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:31 am

August 19th is my 33rd birthday... ...and for some insane reason I've talked myself into working 14 hours of overtime today.

First of all, happy b-day dude. Second, you'll enjoy the extra OT you earned today come payday. Third, even 14 hours can't occupy your entire day. Put your sleep off a couple of hours after work and enjoy the end of your day. Celebrate with friends.  bigthumbsup 

-R
Living the American Dream

EA CO AS
Topic Author

Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:35 am

Thanks everyone for the great birthday wishes!  bigthumbsup 

Today's OT hours put me at 70 hours total this week, 30 of which are being paid as OT...at doubletime rates!  Smile We're hurting for OT this weekend in anticipation of the upcoming NW strike, so it's "all hands on deck" here.

So how did we get into a discussion of how much soul Bill Clinton has?  Wink

Funny story about our ex-President, actually - my best friend's dad was playing golf last year and was in a foursome playing right in BACK of Bill Clinton's group. They kept playing faster and faster in hopes of catching up, wanting to meet him. The men asked the Secret Service guys if they could all meet him and kept getting told "no."

As it happened, one of the people in the foursome was this guy's wife, who is in her early 40s and is EXTRAORDINARILY attractive. You guessed it - they used her as bait. She called out to the President who looked over and then seeing her, waved her and the rest of the group over for intros and a few photos!

Classic. Apparently the Secret Service detail was NOT amused, but oh well!
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

EA CO AS
Topic Author

Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:38 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 9):
Happy Birthday . . . .

Sure I've worked plenty of birthdays . . . just another day of the week for me . . .

Thanks ANCFlyer. I thought you were working today, too? Isn't that why you couldn't make it to the SEA meet today?

If it hadn't been for the OT today I'd be up there having fun.  Smile

Superfly

Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:42 am

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 12):
She called out to the President who looked over and then seeing her, waved her and the rest of the group over for intros and a few photos!

Awesome story!  bigthumbsup 

Erikwilliam:
I can explain it later when I have more time.
I have a flight to catch in few hours. I just chimed in to wish EA CO AS a happy birthday and remind him that he shares a birthday with one of America's finest leaders.  Cool
Bring back the Concorde

EA CO AS
Topic Author

Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:45 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 14):
I have a flight to catch in few hours. I just chimed in to wish EA CO AS a happy birthday

Thanks again, man. I appreciate the good wishes.

Have a good trip! Where are you off to today, anyway?

Superfly

Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:47 am

Gary, Indiana! Big grin

As well as Chicago, Indianapolis and maybe a trip up to Madison or Green Bay.
Bring back the Concorde

LHMark

Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:52 am

EA CO AS, think of it this way. You're keeping yourself to busy to nite the inevitable, inoxerable passage of time. Soon, you'll be as old as IHadaPheo!
"Sympathy is something that shouldn't be bestowed on the Yankees. Apparently it angers them." - Bob Feller

N1120A

Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:55 am

August 19th is my 33rd birthday... ...and for some insane reason I've talked myself into working 14 hours of overtime today.

Well, happy birthday dude, you are actually younger than I thought. I put you in a group with Andy, Pep and Falcon, but I guess you are still not quite an A.net old git  old  Big grin

I suppose all the overtime is sort of a birthday gift, but I hope you still find time to celebrate

Quoting Erikwilliam (Reply 8):
Since you´r a black guy and posted a pic o Bill Clinton, made me wonder something I heard a lot of times.

Why black american comedians often say Bill Clinton has black tendencies, etc etc???

The joke told is that, to black people, Bill is a black man. The truth is that President Clinton is an exceptionally kind man who has been noted for being just about the least racist person one could ever meet, as well as having done loads for the innercity, both as governor of a rather poor state and as president
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

steve7e7

Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:58 am

Happy birthday mate...33 isn't so bad once you get used to it  Wink

I endured my 44th birthday yesterday but the boss gave me the day off to celebrate...

EA CO AS
Topic Author

Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:46 am

Quoting Steve7E7 (Reply 19):
Happy birthday mate...33 isn't so bad once you get used to it

I endured my 44th birthday yesterday but the boss gave me the day off to celebrate...

Happy belated birthday to you as well!  birthday 

33 isn't so bad...so far...we'll see how it goes.  Wink

Mexicana757

Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:07 am

birthday HAPPY BIRTHDAY birthday 

I have worked on my birthday too. EA you have all weekend to celebrate.

searpqx

Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:13 am

birthday Happy Birthday birthday  - and yes, not only have I worked the majority of my birthdays, for ten years straight I've been on business trips, so I've usually enjoyed my birthday dinner by myself. On the other hand, that's been my justification for buying myself some really cool birthday presents  bigthumbsup 
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity"

EA CO AS
Topic Author

Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:39 am

**** UPDATE ****

My gorgeous fiancee - the coolest girl I know - just surprised me by bringing in a HUGE party sub, chips and soda for my whole office.

I'm one lucky guy.  Smile

SFOMEX

Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:08 am

Congratulations!... See it this way, It's far better to spend your birthday working your ass out that being in the couch the whole day because you're on the dole.
Enjoy it!

spit   vomit 
The only thing worst than the GOP is the Democratic Party, think about it!

Cactus739

Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:25 am

birthday 

Happy Birthday! I haven't worked on my birthday in a couple years. My nephew's birthday is 3 days before mine in March.... so every year I fly up to Kansas City and spend a few days with my sister and her family. Its a nice little getaway.  airplane 

Quoting EA CO AS (Reply 23):
I'm one lucky guy

And one lucky office. When y'all gettin hitched?  couple 
You can't fix stupid.... - Ron White

TACAA320

Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:30 am

Congratulations.

My best wishes to you, and don't worry for the work. Today, the best gifts are: health and have a job.

You'll have later time for

relaxing
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein

PSA53

Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:31 am

Working for a huge national retailer,at one time,I have
to say,they were unique.They gave paid birthday day-off or
deferred it.

Happy Birthday!
 praise   thumbsup 
Tuesday's Off! Do not disturb.

EA CO AS
Topic Author

Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:45 am

Quoting Cactus739 (Reply 25):
When y'all gettin hitched?

October 16, 2006 at the Le Meridien Resort in CUN.  Smile

ScarletHarlot

Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:12 am

Hope you had a reasonably enjoyable birthday. Too bad you could not have celebrated it with us up in SEA!  Smile
But that was when I ruled the world

jafa39

Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:24 pm

I usually work my Bday unless it falls on a weekend but I work irregular hours so sometimes i might be working the weekend, i make sure everyone is aware of it so they give me sympathy and cakes.....because I'm worth it!
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

airlinelover

Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:47 am

Happy Birthday!

Your idol, right!?!?

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

EA CO AS
Topic Author

Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:33 pm

Quoting ScarletHarlot (Reply 29):
Hope you had a reasonably enjoyable birthday. Too bad you could not have celebrated it with us up in SEA!

Thanks, I'd have liked that a lot too! Keep me posted for the next one.