DeltaWings
Topic Author

The Simpsons Film- When?

Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:37 am

When is the proposed Simpsons Film going to come out? Maybe some in the US can give me more information on this. I heard something with late 2006, but can anyone confirm this?

Homer: Marge, it takes two to lie. One to lie and one to listen.

allstarflyer

RE: The Simpsons Film- When?

Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:59 am

I haven't heard about it, but, then, I don't much watch the show. It's hilarious, though. They'd probably have to be off the air to do that (although, the X-Files had a movie in the midst of their TV run). A better question would be concerning what would the plot be? Some possibilities:

-Bart strikes out KROC to win the Little League World Series.

-Mo' and GKirk get into a drinking contest and then a barroom brawl. Thom@s and Sabena332 have GKirk's back, but Homer and a bunch of overweight, drunk, middle-aged men dogpile them. Ihap intervenes and breaks it up.

-Homer enlists to get into better shape but ANCFlyer pushes him until he quits. Homer, depressed, goes home to Marge and they have another kid.

-Lisa, browsing the internet, finds Anet and becomes foul-mouthed after involvement in Non-Av.

-Maggie wins a date with . . . FLAIRPORT

-ErikWilliam puts the moves on Marge, then gets pinned by Homer in a steel-cage match. Logan, DL021, TedTace and other Anet notables are at ringside.

I've already had to refuse several offers for my script.  biggrin 

-R
Living the American Dream

Jean Leloup

Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:04 am

It won't be that early. It was only very, very recently confirmed by some cast members that there is a working script and that the project is going ahead. As far as I know, it still has not even been officially announced by Fox. My guess is that a lot of the contracts aren't signed yet, and that the timing also depends on whether the show is going to keep going, and/or whether they want to wait to make the movie until the show's run is completed. At this point I'd say even 2007 is unlikely, albeit still possible. But at least, it seems, it's being made - unlike the animated 'Clerks' movie, for which I think I'll be waiting until I die. In the meantime, enjoy the show.  Smile

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hp&cf=prev&id=1808405877

Jean Leloup
Next flight.... who knows.

HOMER71

Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:37 am

Last I heard, they're aiming for Christmas 2008...yikes!
"On spaceship earth there are no passengers...only crew."

Espion007

Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:39 am

IMDB says 2008. Ive officially given up on the american film industry.
Snakes on a Plane!

L-188

Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:47 am

Please god, let only writers from the first 6 seasons work on the script.

The show has really gone downhill the past 1/2 decade.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

Thom@s

Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:33 pm

Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 1):
Thom@s and Sabena332 have GKirk's back, but Homer and a bunch of overweight, drunk, middle-aged men dogpile them

I'm not doing that unless I get paid...  Cool

Thom@s
"If guns don't kill people, people kill people - does that mean toasters don't toast toast, toast toast toast?"

ACAfan

Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:02 am

"Who shot mr. burns" could have been released as a movie with some tweaking.
Freddie Laker ... May be at peace with his maker ... But he is a persona non grata ... with IATA

aaflt1871

Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:17 am

Quoting Allstarflyer (Reply 1):
I haven't heard about it, but, then, I don't much watch the show. It's hilarious, though. They'd probably have to be off the air to do that (although, the X-Files had a movie in the midst of their TV run). A better question would be concerning what would the plot be? Some possibilities:

-Bart strikes out KROC to win the Little League World Series.

-Mo' and GKirk get into a drinking contest and then a barroom brawl. Thom@s and Sabena332 have GKirk's back, but Homer and a bunch of overweight, drunk, middle-aged men dogpile them. Ihap intervenes and breaks it up.

-Homer enlists to get into better shape but ANCFlyer pushes him until he quits. Homer, depressed, goes home to Marge and they have another kid.

-Lisa, browsing the internet, finds Anet and becomes foul-mouthed after involvement in Non-Av.

-Maggie wins a date with . . . FLAIRPORT

-ErikWilliam puts the moves on Marge, then gets pinned by Homer in a steel-cage match. Logan, DL021, TedTace and other Anet notables are at ringside.

I've already had to refuse several offers for my script.

Classic man, Classic  rotfl 
Where did everybody go?