theCoz

Could A Chimpanze Drive A Motorcycle?

Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:12 am

I know its a stupid question, but would it be possible to train a chimpanze to drive a small motorcycle?

ilikeyyc

RE: Could A Chimpanze Drive A Motorcycle?

Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:14 am

So what you are really asking us if you will be able to drive a small motorcycle?
Fighting Absurdity with Absurdity!

Sabena332

Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:17 am

Quoting TheCoz (Thread starter):
I know its a stupid question

That's for sure. Big grin

Quoting TheCoz (Thread starter):
but would it be possible to train a chimpanze to drive a small motorcycle?

When it has an automatic transmission, why not?

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

IHadAPheo

Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:20 am

I have driven a motorcycle more than once

I think I remember seeing a chimp on a cycle on Ed Sullivan when I was but a young chimp

IHAP
Pray hard but pray with care For the tears that you are crying now Are just your answered prayers

dan2002

Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:21 am

I believe GW has, so the answer is yes.
A guy asks 'What's Punk?'. I kick over a trash can and its punk. He knocks over a trash can and its trendy.

Jean Leloup

Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:41 am

The steering and the gas I'm sure he could handle, maybe even the brake. I think what would be hard to help a chimp figure out would be the use of the clutch, and how not to stall. I really can't imagine how he would be able to understand that. But I don't know much about animal training, I guess.

Jean Leloup
Next flight.... who knows.

PipoA380

Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:43 am

Yeah cool if a chimpanze can make it, I'll get myself one and I'll finally have my private driver!  Wink
It's not about AIRBUS. it's not about BOEING. It's all about the beauty of FLYING.

CRJonBeez

Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:04 am

that's the most ridiculous question i've ever heard! you still see people operating harley davidsons, so OF COURSE a chimp can ride a bike!  duck 

if a chimp can manage to learn to communicate through the use of hundreds of words in sign language, i would think if you spent enough time with it, they would be capable of doing so. in fact, there's probably a few chimps out there i would trust with my bike more than friends!

theCoz

Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:34 am

Quoting Ilikeyyc (Reply 1):
So what you are really asking us if you will be able to drive a small motorcycle?

I knew I had that coming in this thread.  Smile

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 2):
When it has an automatic transmission, why not?

True, but I can't remember ever seeing a chimpanze ride a bicycle before.

Quoting Ihadapheo (Reply 3):
I have driven a motorcycle more than once

I think I remember seeing a chimp on a cycle on Ed Sullivan when I was but a young chimp

How fast did he go?

Quoting Dan2002 (Reply 4):
I believe GW has, so the answer is yes.

So that means Lance Armstrong just went for a bike ride with a chimp.

Quoting Jean Leloup (Reply 5):
I think what would be hard to help a chimp figure out would be the use of the clutch, and how not to stall. I really can't imagine how he would be able to understand that.

I'm really not sure what the capabilities of a chimp are, nor do I know much about the capabilities of trainers. I'd suggest teaching the chimp how to operate an electric wheelchair first, then maybe move on to those little electric scooters. Those scooters have clutches, right?

Quoting PipoA380 (Reply 6):
Yeah cool if a chimpanze can make it, I'll get myself one and I'll finally have my private driver!

Well, a sheep can do it, apparently...

Quoting Crjonbeez (Reply 7):
they would be capable of doing so. in fact, there's probably a few chimps out there i would trust with my bike more than friends!

Why Have I never seen it happen?

srbmod

Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:49 am

I'm sure even a chimpanzee can teach a better class on how to be cool....

vivek0072

Mon Aug 22, 2005 6:34 am

I seen chimps ridding a motorcycle in a circus, but the master start the motorcycle makes the chimp climb on it and then the chimp keeps taking rounds of the ring till the master intercepts.
That life's most failures were people who did not realise how close they were to success when they gave up. - Edison.