TedTAce
Topic Author

The Almighty Computer Know It All Bows Humbly..

Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:49 am

Ok we all know I have given a lot of crap to the people who I thought were full of stuffing when responding to other users queries of a technical nature. I'm sorry, but if you don't know yourself; you shouldn't be offering help.

That pothetic half hearted apology preceeds the following request for help:

I recently discovered the joy of... acquiring albums by searching for archives.

Great I got a lot of .zip and RAR files cloggin up my HDD, big whoop.

The PROBLEM is that one of those files is a .rar with a ".thx" extension inside it. The file extracted out fine, but it's sitting there as an unknown .thx file.

The only thing I can find about it is related to Amiga, and while it wouldn't surprise me that this is an Amiga media file. The thing that I think is weird is that the file lists itself like it's a double CD with graphics, making me think that it's actually an embedded .zip or .rar file, well guess what those don't work either.

So is this likely really an Amiga file? If so; how does the Amiga segregate the data? Is there an XP program that can deciminate the data?
This space intentionally left blank

dl021

RE: The Almighty Computer Know It All Bows Humbly..

Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:54 am

Well, in my expert opinion you ought to first adjust the left hand doomaflatchie that finetunes the engrams coming out of your neighbors personal computer.

Then you need to firmly but gently smack the right hand side of your box that the monitor sits on and makes all the noise.

If all that fails then try screaming....that usually makes me hoarse, but I feel a little better.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

TedTAce
Topic Author

RE: The Almighty Computer Know It All Bows Humbly..

Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:00 am

Quoting DL021 (Reply 1):
coming out of your neighbors personal computer

If my Neighbor only knew that I know what he did this summer (Evil grin)
This space intentionally left blank