mia

Re: Argentine Television

Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:01 am

Has anyone in this forum seen the television show "El Peor Dia de tu Vida" (The worst day of your life) on their local television?

One night I saw it on AmericaTV, which is a smaller television station from Miami, but I would like to download some more episodes since I have NEVER seen a prank show like it.

Maybe Argentine members can enlighten us with information about the programme? And maybe tell me their homepage so I can try to find video clips.
"Like all great travelers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen."

Renton_WA

Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:18 am

I'm lucky if once in a while I can catch some matches from Argentina on ESPN Intl, now and then. Not much Latin TV round here only Univision (basic cable), that only seems to air Sabado Gigante, bad soap operas and Cristina!

Derico

Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:41 am

Actually that is a segment of a show called 'Videomatch', which for well over a decade aired on Telefe. It's now called 'Showmatch' on Network 9.

I really can't tell you how to get clips of it, maybe by contacting the network at www.telefe.com, you can see if they can get them to you. But I would not be surprised if there was some DVD collection out there (or one coming in the future), I just haven't looked around for it, next time I'm out shopping I'll keep a look out.

There was another segment they did called 'El padre de la novia', it is perhaps the simplest yet funniest prank ever. They set up cameras inside a family home, where a father is pranked by his own teenage daugther and his wife to meet the girl's 'new' boybriend (an actor), which turns out to always be the biggest lazybum, doesn't work or go to school, drinks too much, and bosses the guy's wife around to bring him food. Now that is a hillarious bit...
My internet was not shut down, the internet has shut me down