noelg

How Do You Buy Tickets For NHL Game?

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:27 pm

Hi all

Being a thick Brit and all, I need some help!

We're in Toronto from 13-16 January, and the Toronto Maple Leafs play Phoenix at home on 14 Jan. I thought it would be cool for us to take in a Hockey game while we're over there and go and see it. There are no tickets available through the Maple Leafs website, only through other websites at like $250 a seat!

I figured it's either that they're sold out already, or that they're not on sale yet, but both seem strange as it's in January, I wouldn't imagine they would sell out that soon before the game?

Any help from more learned North Americans?  Smile

MTIA
Noel.

OYRJA

RE: How Do You Buy Tickets For NHL Game?

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:33 pm

noelg

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:46 pm

OYRJA

Thanks, I've looked on those websites but they're the ones not showing the games...

It did say season tickets available from August 15th so I'm thinking it could be that they're not on sale yet!

Cheers,
Noel.

OYRJA

Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:53 pm

Ohh my bad. I didn't see the dates.
But they have probably not been put up for sale yet. But it will come. I'm sure of that  Smile

noelg

Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:32 pm

Thanks, had a feeling they might not be on sale yet, do you know how long before they go on sale?

Cheers,
Noel.

jcs17

Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:32 pm

I don't think any single-game tickets are on sale yet. That being said, carefully watch the opening sale date and buy tickets THAT DAY! The Leafs are a tough ticket to get.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

Boeing757/767

Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:02 am

The Leafs are one of the most, if not the most, difficult tickets to get due to the unbelievable popularity of hockey in Canada. Most seats are sold out before the season even begins due to the many season ticket holders.
Free-thinking, left-leaning secularist

Gman94

Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:19 am

I'm in Toronto from 7th to the 21st September, I tried to get tickets for the pre season game at the ACC against Ottawa on the 18th September, but couldn't get hold of them I even signed up as a Leafs Insider as they got first pick of the pre season tickets but to no avail.

The locals must be hungry for hockey after the lockout as we've been to Toronto
7 times in recent years and had no problem getting tickets for regular season games though you do have to be quick.
British Airways - The Way To Fly

USAFHummer

Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:45 am

Quoting Noelg (Thread starter):
Any help from more learned North Americans? Smile

Might want to try eBay if you get shut out when single game tix go on sale...usually less of a ripoff there than a ticket broker company...

Greg
Chief A.net college football stadium self-pic guru

garnetpalmetto

Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:43 am

Quoting Noelg (Reply 4):

Thanks, had a feeling they might not be on sale yet, do you know how long before they go on sale?

From what I hear, most teams are putting up single-game tickets for sale in the early-mid September time frame. When I went to the box office at the RBC Center they told me the 15th for the Hurricanes, so it depends on team-to-team. Keep watching on ticketmaster.
South Carolina - too small to be its own country, too big to be a mental asylum.

noelg

Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:58 am

Quoting Gman94 (Reply 7):
I tried to get tickets for the pre season game at the ACC against Ottawa on the 18th September

Quoting Gman94 (Reply 7):
The locals must be hungry for hockey after the lockout

Probably that and that it's pretty much a Derby game - Toronto v Ottawa probably akin to Liverpool v Man Utd over here!

Thanks for your help - will keep an eye out on Ticketmaster and the day they come out we'll get them!

Cheers,
Noel.

yooyoo

Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:41 am

Go the day of the game and about 5 minutes after the puck drops you'll get a good deal on the left over tickets from the scalpers.

As for getting tickets ahead of game time, good luck, unless you like to spend big bucks.?

Good luck and GO LEAFS GO !!

Andreas  spin 
I am so smart, i am so smart... S-M-R-T... i mean S-M-A-R-T

vaporlock

Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:42 am

Quoting YooYoo (Reply 11):
Go the day of the game and about 5 minutes after the puck drops you'll get a good deal on the left over tickets from the scalpers.

As for getting tickets ahead of game time, good luck, unless you like to spend big bucks.?

Good luck and GO LEAFS GO !!

Andreas, GO LEAFS GO!!!  yes  yes  yes  yes  Yayers, the NHL is back!!! I do the same as you, go down the evening of the game and buy tickets for 1/2 the cost after the puck drops. Another way of getting good tickets is ask if there are any handicap seats left.......if they are then your guaranteed a great seat!!!  hyper 

Phyllis  bouncy