vanguard737

AR National Guard Order: 'Shoot To Kill' Hoodlums

Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:22 am

LA Senator Kathleen Blanco (D) confirms, 300 Arkansas National Guard have arived in New Orleans with orders to shoot-to-kill hoodlums.

The situation is serious, is an understatement!

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,16466908-23109,00.html
320 717 722 732 733 735 737 738 744 752 753 763 772 DC9 DC10 MD80 B1900 S340 E120 ERJ CRJ CR7

Bofredrik

RE: AR National Guard Order: 'Shoot To Kill' Hoodlums

Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:25 am

I hope they do not kill people that go in to food stores as they have no option if they are going to live. This is a example how a state like USA, with a small federal sector, stands without all needed in this situation. And a lot of people fron National Guard is in Iraq...

StevenUhl777

Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:28 am

Quoting Vanguard737 (Thread starter):
LA Senator Kathleen Blanco (D)

She's the Governor, not a US Senator. Mary Landrieu and _______ are the two US Senators.

Regarding the hoodlums:

Say hi to my gatlin' gun!

Signed,
US Army Apache helicopters
And the winner for best actress is....REESE WITHERSPOON for 'Walk the Line'!!!!!!!!

Curtisman

Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:28 am

Terribly terribly sad.

What a horrible situation. I am saddened for all of the affected people who don't know how to deal with the stress and the pressures put on them... everyone from the people on the streets to the people in the government. I hope the government of the USA is not as daft and evil as depcited in these articles that they would kill their own people.

Victims of the hurricane - my prayers are with you.
Government of the USA - my prayers are with you.

Here is a link to a Canadian site:

http://www.mytelus.com/news/article....ageID=world_home&articleID=2020116

[Edited 2005-09-02 21:32:07]
Citizen of the World

checkraiser

Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:32 am

Quoting Bofredrik (Reply 1):
I hope they do not kill people that go in to food stores as they have no option if they are going to live. This is a example how a state like USA, with a small federal sector, stands without all needed in this situation. And a lot of people fron National Guard is in Iraq...

They're not there shooting people getting food. They'll be shooting people who have guns, are burning buildings, killing, raping and carjacking.
N1120A is a camel-fucking terrorist.

L-188

Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:35 am

Shoot to Kill?

We didn't even give that order to our troops in Iraq.

All they could do with looters in Bagdad was strip them down naked and make them walk home.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

FlyingTexan

Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:42 am

Quoting StevenUhl777 (Reply 2):
Mary Landrieu and _______ are the two US Senators.

Republican David Vitter.
"Wouldn't your boss like to fly home nonstop at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon?" -Airline Exec to Congressional Staffer

Bofredrik

Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:46 am

Shoot poor people who are looking for food and water?

vanguard737

Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:49 am

Quoting Bofredrik (Reply 7):

Theyre NOT shooting poor people looking for food, as already said if you look earlier in the post. hey are shooting rapists, murderers, carjackers, shooters, etc!
320 717 722 732 733 735 737 738 744 752 753 763 772 DC9 DC10 MD80 B1900 S340 E120 ERJ CRJ CR7

Newark777

Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:50 am

Quoting Bofredrik (Reply 7):

I'm sure they are differenciating between starving people looking for resources and armed "hoodlums" looting the city.

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

ANCFlyer

Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:24 am

It's about time they finally issued a Rule of Engagement that makes sense . . .

"Fire for Effect".

Better to issue that order now instead of AFTER a dozen guardsman are killed because they've been ordered to hold their fire . . . anyone remember LA? Send in the National Guard without bullets? WTF?

Good call Governor - by the way, where the hell is the Governor?
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

TedTAce

Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:42 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 10):
where the hell is the Governor?

With the President Big grin
This space intentionally left blank

ANCFlyer

Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:44 am

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 11):
With the President

I'm stuck without live TV at the moment? Are they in NOLA yet or still in Biloxi?
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

cfalk

Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:47 am

Some people are indeed only trying to get food. Fine, I can understand that. But the favorite targets seem to be jewelry and electronics stores. That is plain and simple theft, and those people should be shot.

I just ask the troops to make sure that the guy is carrying a TV set and not cans of food before drilling him.

Charles
The only thing you should feel when shooting a terrorist: Recoil.

j.mo

Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:51 am

I don't think Smokes, Guns and TV's are too essential. Shoot to kill these idiots.  thumbsup 

photopilot

Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:17 am

Hmmmm..... Didn't the British Cops have the same order.... and look who got shot. An innocent person minding his own business who happened to be cold and was wearing a jacket.

How many innocents are going to be killed in NO because of Bubba Guardsman with a Hunting License?

Innocent until PROVEN Guilty. Not with Bubba Redneck on patrol.

vanguard737

Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:25 am

Photopilot

Your a stereotyping ass. I think there is a difference between shooting a random guy on a calm subway train ans shooting a guy in the middle of a destrtoyed city as he holds an AK-47 and roams through the street. your comment are uncalled for. stay out of america's business

ANCFlyer

Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:26 am

Quoting Photopilot (Reply 15):

Guess those hoodlum assholes better put down those shopping carts full of VCRs, park those Oldsmobiles with the trunks full of beer, and quit shooting at the ambulances trying to evac people from a hospital, and quit taking pot shots at helos trying to save their stupid asses, eh?

aviationmaster

Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:33 am

"Hmmmm..... Didn't the British Cops have the same order.... and look who got shot. An innocent person minding his own business who happened to be cold and was wearing a jacket.

How many innocents are going to be killed in NO because of Bubba Guardsman with a Hunting License?

Innocent until PROVEN Guilty. Not with Bubba Redneck on patrol."

First off, you are comparing apples with oranges here, the mission here is totally different to the ongoing one in the UK. Secondly, get real, you can't just walk up to a guy who is holding up a gun and tell him to put down.

The individuals that deserve to be shot, are the ones that are looting just for their personal gain and not stealing things because they are absolutely necessary for survival, or shooting at helicopters, while these are trying to rescue people, threatening police officers and other rescue personnel, while they are just trying to safe a few lifes.

b757300

Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:41 am

In 1906 they weren't concerned with the rights of looters.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

arkhem

RE: AR National Guard Order: 'Shoot To Kill' Hoodl

Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:22 am

Quoting B757300 (Reply 19):

In 1906 they hung blacks (perhaps the n-word is more appropriate) from trees.

Absolutely pathetic...Lt. Gen. Honore actually had to tell guardsmen, "Point your weapons down, this is not Iraq."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/02/katrina.impact/index.html

bhmbaglock

Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:56 am

A couple days after Andrew, several looters were shot in the leg and ass one night. It was easy to tell the looters as they were out after curfew carrying TVs and other booty. Amazingly enough, looting wasn't much of a problem after that. Unfortunately, things may have progressed too far for such a deterrent to be effective in NO at the moment.
Where are all of my respected members going?

lijnden

Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:01 am

Maybe it is not Iraq but it looks more like tribal war like they have in Somalia. Go and tell innocent until proven guilty to the victims of these hoodlums.
Be kind to animals! Next trip: ORF-ORD-NRT-IAH-ORF

OttoPylit

Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:26 am

We need more Governors with cajones like this and more military leaders like Lt. Gen. Hanore.

My orders would have been simple. If you are carrying a weapon or have anything in your hands that is not yours besides food, you will recieve a bullet wound, courtesy of the United States Army. Not only that, you also get put at the bottom of the treatment list at the nearest hospital. Better hope you don't bleed to death in the process. Its acts like this that actually make people think before doing stupid things like that.

Lets not forget, this is the National Guard, which recieves it's orders directly from the governor unless the President activates them to active service.

OttoPylit
I don't have a microwave, but I do have a clock that occasionally cooks shit.

trijetfan1

Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:28 am

Quoting Arkhem (Reply 20):
Quoting B757300 (Reply 19):

In 1906 they hung blacks (perhaps the n-word is more appropriate) from trees.

Absolutely pathetic...Lt. Gen. Honore actually had to tell guardsmen, "Point your weapons down, this is not Iraq."

These "people"/beasts/gang members are raping, carjacking, and killing others. They are terrorists!
Earned PPL June 26, 2007

photopilot

Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:12 am

Well lets see now. There was an 18 year old black kid they interviewed on CNN today. He went and STOLE a big yellow schoolbus. He's never driven a bus before but knew where the schoolboard stored them.

So WHY did he steal the bus?

Well believe it or not, he stopped and picked up a full bus load of old black people who were helpless and stuck with no food, water or hope. Then this kid DROVE for 8 hours all the way to the Houston Astrodome by himself to SAVE those people.

Authorities in Houston don't know whether to REWARD the kid for showing ingenuity, resolve and self-reliance for himself and the old people, or ARREST him for STEALING the bus.

THAKN GOD a brave kid like that wasn't SHOT for stealing the bus.

halls120

Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:17 am

Quoting Photopilot (Reply 25):

I agree. But for the thugs that raping defenseless women and children, the thugs that are shooting at hospital workers, the thugs that are stealing guns, jewelry and electronics (you know - all those "necessities" of life), a well-placed bullet would be quite welcome.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain, a Biography

MD-90

Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:18 am

That's not surprising in the least.

satx

RE: AR National Guard Order: 'Shoot To Kill' Hoodl

Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:47 am

Quoting Vanguard737 (Reply 8):
Theyre NOT shooting poor people looking for food, as already said if you look earlier in the post. hey are shooting rapists, murderers, carjackers, shooters, etc!

Why even have a justice system at all? If it's so easy to instantly tell who's right and who's wrong, just send in the guard and clense the country once and for all.

Quoting Vanguard737 (Reply 16):
stay out of america's business

As if America ever stayed out of anyone else's business. Talk about your ignorant loud-mouthed hypocrites.

Hey, just give us a little more time; we're working on it.  Big grin
Open Season on Consumer Protections is Just Around the Corner...

Falcon84

Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:50 am

Quoting Photopilot (Reply 15):

How many innocents in NOLA have been killed because the Crips and the Bloods have armed themselves to the teeth, and are raping and looting their way across NOLA?

Kill those fuckers, man. Sorry, but they deserve no mercy, those types.

Quoting Vanguard737 (Reply 16):
Photopilot

Your a stereotyping ass.

Glad I didn't have to say that. Truth hurts.

What's pathetic is the likes of you, who don't understand a bunch of young Guardsmen, being ordered into one of THEIR OWN CITIES, knowning they may have to fire on Americans. They're nervous as hell, so the General's orders was done to reassure them. Be rest assured, that if they run into one of these armed street armies, those weapons will be ready to go. It's the only way to bring order back to that city.

Again, you don't get it, do you? The ones under the gun won't be a lone kid, taking a bus, to get out of the city. The one's who are going to be shot down, are gangs of young men, roaming the streets, who have raped girls and women; who have shot people; who have set fires; who have stolen cars from people.

What freaking part of this do you not understand?

Actually you do, and you're pretending you don't, it seems, for some dislike of Americans.

Again, if a kid steal a car, I doubt anyone will do anything but give him a ticket, perhaps. But if the Guard runs into a gang armed to the teeth, there'll be no warning, and the gang will lose, which is a win for the people of that area.
Work Right, Fly Hard

dl021

Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:54 am

I'm certainly not defending the people looting tvs and booze, but I do want to point out that shoot on sight orders are no longer acceptable in our society.

LTG Honore told the Arkansas National Guard truck of troops to lower their weapons when he stopped their truck, reminding them they were not in Iraq anymore.

Looters and other criminals should be given a warning and opportunity to cooperate prior to being shot. I'm good with that.

I've also already started a thread to prep for a defense fund for the kid, Jabbar Gibson, in case some schmuck decides to prosecute.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

Falcon84

Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:57 am

Quoting DL021 (Reply 30):
Looters and other criminals should be given a warning and opportunity to cooperate prior to being shot. I'm good with that.

Individuals, perhaps, but if it's one of these roaming gangs of thugs, I don't think you'd have a chance to give a warning, lest a guradsman take his life into his own hands. I think if it's one of these gangs, you take them out.

You're in state, for all intent and purpose, of Martial Law, and it's an extreme situation. Sad as it might be, extreme situations call extreme answers. This is one such time, I believe.
Work Right, Fly Hard

kanebear

Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:06 pm

Well lets see now. There was an 18 year old black kid they interviewed on CNN today. He went and STOLE a big yellow schoolbus. He's never driven a bus before but knew where the schoolboard stored them.

So WHY did he steal the bus?

Well believe it or not, he stopped and picked up a full bus load of old black people who were helpless and stuck with no food, water or hope. Then this kid DROVE for 8 hours all the way to the Houston Astrodome by himself to SAVE those people.

Authorities in Houston don't know whether to REWARD the kid for showing ingenuity, resolve and self-reliance for himself and the old people, or ARREST him for STEALING the bus.

That's great. Then there's the idiots who want to turn the city into their own personal fiefdom and go shooting at volunteer rescuers, cops, etc etc. Read carefully; THE NATIONAL GUARD ARE NOT GOING AFTER PEOPLE LOOTING ESSENTIALS!! They want the drug addicts, gangsters and other "thuggg lyfe" idiots who think the gun makes 'em a man and allows them to make the rules. New Orleans has no order, no law and no repurcussions right now. It's total anarchy. Wishing, 'making nice' and reasoning with people isn't going to correct that. Once the lawless element is removed, the city can get back to the grim task of remediation and reconstruction that's at hand.

Frankly, the simple fact that anyone would capitalize on this tragedy to enrich themselves at others' harm and expense is reason enough for them to die. How many have died because of their idiocy? If they can be arrested and brought to justice, so much the better. That's likely not possible given the situation. So, fire a warning shot and explain the consequences of non-compliance. If they continue... open season and let God redeem them

ANCFlyer

Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:11 pm

Quoting Kanebear (Reply 32):
So, fire a warning shot and explain the consequences of non-compliance. I

Doesn't work that way . . . firing a round - even a warning shot - escalates the situation . . . fire that warning shot and you're in the middle of a shit storm . . . it will be a free fire zone at that point.

Give proper warning, and if the weapons aren't dropped immediately, or are pointed in your direction - "Fire for Effect". It's that simple. No warning shot. Besides, that bullet will have to go somewhere . . .

Alessandro

Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:21 pm

Seem like many are more concerned about property than human lives, no risk
starting shooting in an urban area and hit other people, get real...
From New Yorqatar to Califarbia...

EA CO AS

Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:14 pm

You made that part up. Just stop.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

AvObserver

Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:12 pm

"These "people"/beasts/gang members are raping, carjacking, and killing others. They are terrorists!"

Probably not in quite the same way, I doubt they're really organized like those we've come to think of as terrorists. However, they're definitely out to cause fear and mayhem, a hallmark of real terrorists and must be similarly dealt with. Orders to surrender and warning shots must be issued first but if that fails, the guardsmen often have no choice but to take them down; mere wounding may not stop a determined thug. Looting is somewhat understandable under the circumstances but this brazen lawlessness goes way beyond that. It's really sad the city had such a crime problem before it translated into this but if it takes killing the worst of the hooligans to establish order, then so be it.