GuitrThree
Topic Author

Hillary Clinton- Votes Whats Popular Today.

Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:33 pm

Hillary, Hillary. What can I say?

Yesterday, Hillary Clinton went racing down to TX to bash Bush. She said that Federal emergency planning under President Bush has become "a recipe for disaster," and said FEMA ran far more effectively under her husband's watch.

Clinton is pushing legislation to take FEMA back out of the Department of Homeland Security.

Umm, Hillary, was it not YOU that voted FOR this bill to put FEMA in the Department of Homeland Security?? Huh? You say it was better when it was by itself, but YOU voted for it to go to Homeland Security? Are you saying that you and others that voted for it are now responsible for FEMA's failures? Is that what you are saying??? No, of course not. It's Bush's fault. I voted for it, but don't blame me.

I'm just waiting for the "I want you to listen, I did NOT vote for that bill, the FEMA bill."

Oh, after rushing down to TX to give this speech, what did she do? Go to LA and help people? Nope... went back to D.C.
As Seen On FlightRadar24! Radar ==> F-KBNA5

Falcon84

RE: Hillary Clinton- Votes Whats Popular Today.

Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:38 pm

Quoting GuitrThree (Thread starter):
Yesterday, Hillary Clinton went racing down to TX to bash Bush. She said that Federal emergency planning under President Bush has become "a recipe for disaster," and said FEMA ran far more effectively under her husband's watch.

Truth hurts there. James Lee Witt was a much better FEMA administrator than Mr. Brown is. And he wasn't hamstrung by being a layer in DHC.

Clinton is pushing legislation to take FEMA back out of the Department of Homeland Security.

Makes sense. Might become more nimble, more responsive than being just another card in the deck at Homeland Security.

Umm, Hillary, was it not YOU that voted FOR this bill to put FEMA in the Department of Homeland Security??

Wasn't it George Bush who SIGNED IT? Now, be fair-although, for you, I know that's hard, GuitrThree.

Put this down as another "I Hate Hillary" bashfest, started, in part, to deflect criticism from President Bush in the wake of this castatrophe.

Amazing, you bash Mrs. Clinton, but I've seen you nary say a peep about the peformance of Mr. Bush's hand-picked lieutenants at FEMA and DHC, and, perhaps, how he himself was lacking when this crisis hit.

Typical GOP playbook.
Work Right, Fly Hard

GuitrThree
Topic Author

Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:02 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 1):
Wasn't it George Bush who SIGNED IT? Now, be fair-although, for you, I know that's hard, GuitrThree

Umm, Falcon, GWB isn't the one running around the country saying it should not be part of Homeland security. Thats my point! She is using it as an attempt to smear Bush, but SHE VOTED FOR IT!!!

Put this down as another "I Hate Hillary" bashfest, started, in part, to deflect criticism from President Bush in the wake of this castatrophe.

No, thats not the point. The point is that this Women will do and say anything to do what she thinks will get her elected.

In 2001/2002, after the WTC attacks, she thought it would be in her best interest to vote for the Homeland security act. She thought voting for Homeland Security would be popular.

Now, in 2005, after FEMA's errors, she now thinks it needs to be on its own, because it ran better under her Husbands watch. With all this negative press right now, she thinks that would be popular.

That is the point of this post. She does nothing but play the crowd. She's a poll watcher who talks based on the results. Unfortunately, for her, most of the polls come from the left biased media.

Sorry Falcon, but that's what she is doing. And if she is running for President, this needs to be pointed out. I know you're slobbering over the day to have another Clinton in office, so instead of trying to address this, you, as always, just push it off to "Typical GOP playbook."

Try Falcon, just once, to defend her on her vote to move FEMA TO Homeland Security, and then 3 years later go on a rant about how bad it runs under Homeland Security.

Please, defend that statement.

[Edited 2005-09-08 06:07:26]

DC10GUY

Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:38 pm

Bush started the giant Washington government money pit called "homeland security" what a joke. Now the republicans are falling back on their tried and true method of attacking the people that make them look bad. Its the Black mayor & democrat govenors fault. How sickening. Truth is after billions of dollars this country is worse off then it was before 9-11. Only more racist then ever.
Next time try the old "dirty Sanchez" She'll love it !!!

Falcon84

Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:53 pm

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 2):
Umm, Falcon, GWB isn't the one running around the country saying it should not be part of Homeland security.

Of course he's not! Dude can never, EVER admit to a mistake. He never has, he never will. It was a mistake for it to be proposed to be in there. And many on both sides of the aisle see that now. But this president won't even admit his war is a mistake, so you think he's going to admit putting FEMA inside DHS is? Never.

In 2001/2002, after the WTC attacks, she thought it would be in her best interest to vote for the Homeland security act. She thought voting for Homeland Security would be popular.

Her and 535 freaking other members of Congress. Jesus, what's your point! Everyone voted for it! Yet you single her out? And why? FOR SOMEONE TO BLAME OTHER THAN BUSH OR THE GOP, that's why. That's the only reason. She voted for it because she felt it was right. You separate her from every other member of Congress, because of her name, and your hatred of her.

Now, in 2005, after FEMA's errors, she now thinks it needs to be on its own,

And anyone with half a brain agrees. Again, what's your point? You make it sound as if she's the only one saying this. She's not. You're going to see EXACTLY THAT come out of the investigation into this mess, so again, you're looking for a red herring to take pressure off of Mr. Bush. And no one is buying it.

She does nothing but play the crowd.

And Mr. Bush doesn't? What was that love-fest with those two black women when he finally went to the Gulf the other day? Spontaneous love? I doubt it. Agian, you single her out for something that is not solely her quality, and it's stupid; it's insulting and it's simply a way to deflect criticism.

Try Falcon, just once, to defend her on her vote to move FEMA TO Homeland Security, and then 3 years later go on a rant about how bad it runs under Homeland Security.

Please, defend that statement.

ROTFL. What's to defend. Seems to me all of Congress felt that way 3 years ago, and it seems to me many of those same people now don't think FEMA should be part of DHS. Again, you single out this one person for reasons of hatred, and nothing else.

On this one, you come up way short. I suppose when FEMA is separated from DHS, as it should be, after this performance, you'll try to give Bush the credit.
Work Right, Fly Hard

NUAir

Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:21 pm

She does nothing but play the crowd. She's a poll watcher who talks based on the results.

You just described every single politician in DC and across the country and around the world. Unless you're Castro you probably are "playing the crowd" and "watching the polls".

I think your beef is with the political system not Hillary.
"How Many Assholes we got on this ship?" - Lord Helmet

ClassicLover

Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:30 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 4):
And anyone with half a brain agrees. Again, what's your point? You make it sound as if she's the only one saying this. She's not. You're going to see EXACTLY THAT come out of the investigation into this mess, so again, you're looking for a red herring to take pressure off of Mr. Bush. And no one is buying it.

Also you're making out that people can't change their minds several years later. Of course, when you see things in action, it will either live up to expectations or not - and if not, you change your opinion. Simple human nature.

Trent.
I do quite enjoy a spot of flying - more so when it's not in Economy!

Falcon84

Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:32 pm

Quoting ClassicLover (Reply 6):
Also you're making out that people can't change their minds several years later.

Exactly. A sign of a person who learns is someone who can admit to a mistake. One problem with our current president, is he doesn't learn-he doesn't ever admit, even to himself, that he ever makes a mistake. And that's why we're in some of the messes we're in.
Work Right, Fly Hard

TedTAce

Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:01 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 7):
And that's why we're in some of the messes we're in.

redflag 

Should read:
And that's why we're in ALL of the FEDERAL level messes we're in.
This space intentionally left blank

GuitrThree
Topic Author

Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:35 pm

Quoting Dc10guy (Reply 3):
Bush started the giant Washington government money pit called "homeland security" what a joke.

Ummm, Dc10guy, Homeland Security was designed and brought to the floor by Joe Lieberman. Bush originally was against it. Wonder why NONE of the liberals here kindly corrected you on your error.

Falcon,
again, I don't see ANY OTHER MEMBER OF CONGRESS taking a flight half way across the country to do this. This is nothing more than a publicity stunt to get her in the light. She NEVER once, in her speech, mentioned the fact that she was wrong in her vote. NEVER.

Quoting ClassicLover (Reply 6):
Also you're making out that people can't change their minds several years later. Of course, when you see things in action, it will either live up to expectations or not - and if not, you change your opinion. Simple human nature.

Never said there was a problem changing your mind. Never. We do make mistakes. But Mrs. Clinton isn't blaming Congress. She isn't blaming herself. She isn't blaming Lieberman. She is putting 100% of the blame on Bush, simple partisan politics, again, to get her elected.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 4):
She does nothing but play the crowd.

And Mr. Bush doesn't?

You guys love her. I know that. But unlike Clinton, Bush doesn't play the crowd.

Umm no. He does what he wants. Isn't that what you guys are always yelling about? He took on Social Security, even if it wasn't "poll" popular. He continues the Iraq rebuilding, even if it isn't "poll" popular. I can go on and on.

OYRJA

Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:42 pm

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 9):
He continues the Iraq rebuilding, even if it isn't "poll" popular. I can go on and on.

Thats because he HAS to do it. You must be incredibly stupid if you think he does it by his own free will. I'll bet my arse of that he don't give a shit about it and he just want it do disapear.

NUAir

Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:46 pm

You guys love her. I know that. But unlike Clinton, Bush doesn't play the crowd.

GuitrThree
Topic Author

Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:53 pm

Quoting OYRJA (Reply 10):
Thats because he HAS to do it. You must be incredibly stupid if you think he does it by his own free will. I'll bet my arse of that he don't give a shit about it and he just want it do disapear.

Yea, he can care less about Iraq. Yep.

"He don't give a shit about it.." and "he just want it do disapear." I'm the one who's stupid? Did you even read what you wrote?

No, he doesn't HAVE to do it.. listen to some on the left that they demand he gets out now. They are saying we need an exit strategy now. They were saying that back at the 2004 election. Bush is staying until the job is done, he said that from the start and he continues that path, popular or not.

ANCFlyer

Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:41 pm

James Lee Witt was a much better FEMA administrator than Mr. Brown is

I'd believe you Falcon, if Witt wasn't the Disaster Guru advising on things in Baton Rouge this past 10 days. I'm speculative at this point. I had always thought the same thing . . . but you sure couldn't prove it in Louisiana right now.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

11Bravo

Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:02 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 13):
I'd believe you Falcon, if Witt wasn't the Disaster Guru advising on things in Baton Rouge this past 10 days. I'm speculative at this point. I had always thought the same thing . . . but you sure couldn't prove it in Louisiana right now.

Witt was hired by the Governor on Monday September 5th AFTER all this shit happened.  Yeah sure
WhaleJets Rule!

Falcon84

Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:13 am

Quoting NUair (Reply 11):
NUair From United States, joined Jun 2000, 939 posts, RR: 1
Reply 11, posted Thu Sep 8 2005 15:46:09 UTC+2 and read 34 times:

And Nuair's pics that followed get a

He leveled you, Guitarboy. Bush plays the crowed more than any president in recent history. That circus on the carrier was one example. And don't tell me he wasn't "playing the crowed" when he first visited last week down there. He was.

Never said there was a problem changing your mind.

That's EXACTLY what you're saying, and now you're flip-flopping to cover yoru own ass, that is getting raked over the coals! You're giving her grief for changing her mind. Plus, you give her grief simply because you HATE HER. And you're doing it to deflect critcism away from Mr. Bush.
Work Right, Fly Hard

satx

Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:42 am

Damn strait. I'm sorry GuitrThree, but threads like this make you look like a world class hypocrite.

Quoting Dc10guy (Reply 3):
Now the republicans are falling back on their tried and true method of attacking the people that make them look bad.

Too true. Was it always like this?
Open Season on Consumer Protections is Just Around the Corner...

Superfly

Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:52 am

GuitrThree:
Go ahead and buy one of these. Stick as many needles in it all you want and have yourself a ball.
I know you hate her so much without any reason at all.
The Hillary bashing is so 90s.
It's played out man.
Time to sing a new tune.

Bring back the Concorde

ANCFlyer

Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:36 am

Quoting 11Bravo (Reply 14):
Witt was hired by the Governor on Monday September 5th AFTER all this shit happened.

OK, what's the point?

Day late and dollar short - typical for Blanco.

So far, Witt hasn't shown me squat. LTG Honore' - he's running the show . . .
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

B744F

Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:55 am

But unlike Clinton, Bush doesn't play the crowd.

I can't believe people honestly believe this, can you say that with a straight face?

By the way, the Dept of Homeland Security was the Bush Administrations idea, which would 'seamlessly' integrate all departments and not create a government burocracy that led to the 9-11 attacks never getting stopped.

Hillary signed the bill because she wanted to keep her job. Anyone that went against that administration during that time would be most definitely out of office, such as Max Cleland (I think I spelled his name right) who was a vietnam vet who lost limbs in the war yet was labeled unpatriotic for not supporting the Star Wars Defense program.

I dislike Hillary, but you have to understand that a politician is a politician. They are all the same, they just fight for different teams (corporations)

slider

Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:00 am

Hillary has also come around to suddenly expressing concern about our border security....

Amazing what an impending presidential run will do for one's outlook.

She's positioning herself as a centrist, aligning herself with the crowd on hot topics such as illegal immigration, and posing as a conservative just as Bill did in 1992.

Nothing surprising here...

dl021

Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:02 am

Umm, Hillary, was it not YOU that voted FOR this bill to put FEMA in the Department of Homeland Security??

Wasn't it George Bush who SIGNED IT? Now, be fair-although, for you, I know that's hard, GuitrThree.

Well, she did vote for it. Now she's against it, and ignoring the history of her involvement by blaming it all on President Bush when she supported it along with everyone else who thought that a new bureaucracy in DC would be a good idea.

Truth hurts there. James Lee Witt was a much better FEMA administrator than Mr. Brown is. And he wasn't hamstrung by being a layer in DHC.

IT seems that Witt did a good job with FEMA. I wonder whether he would have had an impact on a Cat 4 hurricane hitting three states with full force and an unevacuated New Orleans and then flooding it with water....he was never tested by that. Its easy to win at USC when you don't have to play a team made up of NFL ProBowlers coached by Joe Gibbs and Vince Lombardi. Not taking from Witt, but this was the worst storm in living memory to hit the US. All that said...Mr.Brown has some explaining to do, as do all the other on-scene leaders of the various agencies. THere was a two day bottleneck that needs to be explored and prevented in the future.

Makes sense. Might become more nimble, more responsive than being just another card in the deck at Homeland Security.

I'll second that. FEMA's hand needs to be free in the field, and reports indicate that they have to get reviewed on field decisions prior to acting on them, and that's like President Johnson talking to the tail gunner on the B-52 over SE Asia.

Bush originally was against it. Wonder why NONE of the liberals here kindly corrected you on your error.

Because it does not suit their current desires.

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 12):
"He don't give a shit about it.." and "he just want it do disapear." I'm the one who's stupid? Did you even read what you wrote?

In his defense he's writing a language that is foreign to him and spelling errors on OYRJA's part should not really be held against him. If you speak good Danish perhaps you could write him an IM sharing your grammatical revisions to his post.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

Superfly

Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:12 am

If Hillary Clinton becomes President, that will be a big reason to celebrate!  bigthumbsup 

She will be an outstanding President if she gets elected. I just don't think she will though.  Sad
Bring back the Concorde

Logan22L

Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:15 am

Quoting DL021 (Reply 21):

In his defense he's writing a language that is foreign to him and spelling errors on OYRJA's part should not really be held against him. If you speak good Danish perhaps you could write him an IM sharing your grammatical revisions to his post.

Damn, GuitrThree just pulled himself off the canvas, and Ian the Terrible puts him right back down.
"The deeper you go, the higher you fly. The higher you fly, the deeper you go."

Matt D

Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:25 am

Anyone but a fool knows that Hillary has had her eye on the White House since at least 1996. You may love her or hate her, but you have to admit that she's a shrewd politician and knows how to play one poll against another and carpetbag. Of course, that's largely what most politicians do, as noted above. But in her case, because she's so high profile, like her husband and George W, she is (rightly or wrongly) going to be a lightning rod. It just goes with the territory.

There is no question that she will make a bid in 2008. But again, RUNNING is not the same as WINNING.

Although I think that the '08 Presidential Winner is up for grabs, I don't think she has much chance of winning it. While there is no doubt that she will win in the traditionally Democrat strongholds such as New York, Chicago, and San Francisco, most of the rest of the country still can't stomach her. Some see her as too close to Bill and hate her by association. Others see through her transparent attempt at winning over the middle. Others just don't like her, period. And to some, it's all of the above.

Plus, not to sound sexist, I just don't think the US is ready for a woman President yet. If/when we are, it will be someone more along the lines of Condelezza Rice. Condie has 4 things in her favor politically: 1. She's a woman. 2. She's black. 3. She's center-right. 4. She draws nowhere near the amount of hositility that Hillary does.

Logan22L

Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:29 am

Quoting Matt D (Reply 24):
Condie has 4 things in her favor politically: 1. She's a woman. 2. She's black. 3. She's center-right. 4. She draws nowhere near the amount of hositility that Hillary does.

Make that 5:

She goes shoe shopping and catches a Broadway play during a national emergency.

dl021

Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:35 am

Just for the record, there is no doubt in my mind that Hillary has been positioning herself for a run at the Presidency in the next election. Anyone that is disengenuous enough to deny that she has modified her positions and stances in order to follow the Clinton technique of appearing to move to the middle in order to draw the centrists in needs to review her positions when she was given free reign to express herself.

Quoting Logan22L (Reply 23):
Damn, GuitrThree just pulled himself off the canvas, and Ian the Terrible puts him right back down.

Hey, I did not agree with OYRJA calling him stupid, I just wanted to clear the air on OYRJA's intelligence.

Logan22L

Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:40 am

Quoting DL021 (Reply 26):
I did not agree with OYRJA calling him stupid

I did.  Wink

satx

Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:49 am

Quoting DL021 (Reply 26):
Anyone that is disengenuous enough to deny that she has modified her positions and stances in order to follow the Clinton technique of appearing to move to the middle in order to draw the centrists in needs to review her positions when she was given free reign to express herself.

I don't see how Hillary Clinton is anymore disingenuous than most other politicians in this regard. She would be a fool to run for President considering how most Americans apparently hate her guts, but I disagree with the premise that she's somehow automatically worse than what we already have. If you're going to bash Hillary then I suppose I can bash Bush by bringing up his faux move to the middle under the inexplicable banner of "Compassionate Conservatism". To me, the 'Clinton technique' was about as truly moderate as most modern politicians ever get.

NUAir

Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:14 am

Quoting Logan22L (Reply 25):
Condie has 4 things in her favor politically: 1. She's a woman. 2. She's black. 3. She's center-right. 4. She draws nowhere near the amount of hositility that Hillary does.

Make that 5:

She goes shoe shopping and catches a Broadway play during a national emergency.

Make that 6:

http://www.code0range.net/files/images/rice-tanker-743.jpg

Chevron named a f*&%ing oil tanker after her (of course it was re-named after she was brought into Bush's cabinet). In a country run by big oil Rice has a big advantage.

Hillary needs to start making some friends at Exxon if she ever hopes to be president.

eatmybologna

Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:17 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 22):
If Hillary Clinton becomes President, that will be a big reason to celebrate! bigthumbsup

She will be an outstanding President if she gets elected. I just don't think she will though. Sad

I'm not sure if you really should be hoping for her to run and become elected as our next President. She 's one of my State's senators, and she has done absolutely nothing for our depressed upstate area economy. Absolutely nothing while she goes gallivanting around the globe for publicity.

Yes, I agree with many other members here that Bush seems to be making many mistakes. He's also making many unpopular and difficult decisions that may pan out in the long run. Hillary, on the other hand, is ineffective and fails to look out for her own people. I hope that we'll have a choice of two proactive and intelligent opponents in the next election and that Hillary isn't one of them.

e-m-b

[Edited 2005-09-08 22:19:05]
Isn't knowledge more than just the acquisition of information? Shouldn't the acquired information be correct?

Superfly

Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:39 am

Quoting Eatmybologna (Reply 30):
she has done absolutely nothing for our depressed upstate area economy

Well that is in the Rust-Belt and has been in decline for several generations. The Senators from Pennsylvania, Ohio and Indiana hasn't done much to help the depress economies of there states either.
Bring back the Concorde

eatmybologna

Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:58 am

Quoting Superfly (Reply 31):

Well that is in the Rust-Belt and has been in decline for several generations. The Senators from Pennsylvania, Ohio and Indiana hasn't done much to help the depress economies of there states either.

Getting completely ignored by one's state Senator is cause for frustration and resentment, especially after she trumpeted into the area prior to the elections and gave us many false promises and hopes. Our other democratic Senator Chuck Schumer, on the other hand, has been putting in a valiant effort to help us out in many ways.

Do you really want a president who turns an eye on the needy only to give attention to the popular trend?

e-m-b
Isn't knowledge more than just the acquisition of information? Shouldn't the acquired information be correct?

Falcon84

Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:41 am

Plus, not to sound sexist,

You, MattD, sound sexist? I mean you-you've never said a bad thing about a woman on here. (dripping with sarcasm).

1. She's a woman. 2. She's black. 3. She's center-right. 4. She draws nowhere near the amount of hositility that Hillary does.

Wait till she's tagged with "one of the architechts of the Iraq war". The hostility will follow.

Sorry, Matty, but Hillary has a better chance than Condi ever could.

She 's one of my State's senators, and she has done absolutely nothing for our depressed upstate area economy.

Newflash: Senators can't do a whole lot for area economy. Or diidn't they teach you that in PolySci 101?

Quoting Eatmybologna (Reply 32):
Getting completely ignored by one's state Senator is cause for frustration and resentment,

I think you're just a frustrated Republican, because polls show her with like a 65% popularity ratiang in NYC, and the GOP desperate to find someone not to beat her, but hopefully bloody her for a presidential bid.

You may not like her, but obviously a lot of New Yorkers do.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Logan22L

Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:04 pm

Well, let's see. GuitrThree, who has accused me of being a racist because I made a crack against NASCAR, and who has railed me for not responding to his criticism while I was away on business without Internet access, is conspicuous in his absence. Where art thou, my two-faced friend? Still picking your chicklets off the floor after being fed a dose of reality by NUair?

eatmybologna

Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:32 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 33):

I think you're just a frustrated Republican, because polls show her with like a 65% popularity ratiang in NYC, and the GOP desperate to find someone not to beat her, but hopefully bloody her for a presidential bid.

I'm not a frustrated Republican as I believe that what our economy needs right now are tax breaks and business growth. I'll always support the party that comes through with this promise and not Mrs. Clinton.

I'll also respond back to you with a similar crude remark .... "Didn't they teach you how to read in English 102?" I live in Upstate NY and not the Big Apple (see my post.) Hillary believes that the NY State border ends above Yonkers.

She is not well received in my area.

Regards,

e-m-b

GuitrThree
Topic Author

Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:26 pm

Quoting Logan22L (Reply 34):
Where art thou, my two-faced friend? Still picking your chicklets off the floor after being fed a dose of reality by NUair?

Umm, no, I'm not hiding.. It's called work. Was at it all day yesterday, then went to watch the first game of the NFL season. Then went to bed, now up at 5:15AM to do it all over again.. but I had to get in a few words before going....

NUair? A dose of reality??? Really? Well, I know you Liberals don't understand this as you absolutely hate the military and everything they stand for, but it is an HONOR like no other to have your Commander-in-Chief to visit your ship or base. This isn't playing the crowd, its calling "showing support" for your troops who are serving you well.
Listen up lefties, funny how you will never see a picture of Bill Clinton doing this? Why, because they'd throw his ass off the ship faster than he could spot an intern. Showing up and supporting your troops is a FAR cry from watching polls and making speeches based on these results. I can prove it over and over again with Hillary. She speaks her mind only after reading polls. That, is not my idea of a good leader.

So froth all you want over the stupid boxing picture that's been posted for the millionth time here. Nuair did nothing but show how much of a leader this Commander-in-Chief is.

"He don't give a shit about it.." and "he just want it do disappear." I'm the one who's stupid? Did you even read what you wrote?

Ok, I admit, pointing out OYRJA's grammatical errors was a little bit petty. HOWEVER, he still made the statement that Bush could care less about Iraq. That has to be the most utterly false statement made in this thread. Liberal after liberal says it over and over again. Bush wanted this war for oil. Bush wanted to go to war from day one, even before 9/11. Bush wanted to finish his dads job... over and over and over. You liberals say thats the ONLY thing he focuses on. He's not doing enough over here. He's too focused on Iraq. Over and over and over again. And here comes OYRJA. I don't care what language you speak, if you say "He don't give a shit about it.." well then you are in left field. And yet some [Logan] call me stupid for pointing this out.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 15):
He leveled you, Guitarboy. Bush plays the crowed more than any president in recent history. That circus on the carrier was one example. And don't tell me he wasn't "playing the crowed" when he first visited last week down there. He was.

And finally, old Falcon. Umm, GWB has no chance of ever duplicating Bill Clintons swagger and charm and ability to "play the crowd." This is one area where Bill Clinton was one of the best at. GWB doesn't come close. And about last week, wasn't it the Mayor of N.O. the one DEMANDING he come down? Wasn't it? Are you saying that Bill Clinton NEVER visited a disaster site? Really? He NEVER ONCE EVER went to a disaster site? Is that what you are saying...

Falcon84

Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:05 pm

Quoting Eatmybologna (Reply 35):
I'm not a frustrated Republican as I believe that what our economy needs right now are tax breaks and business growth.

Here we are, in the middle of A WAR, and you advocate more tax breaks. Not shared sacrifice of the American people. The only group that Mr. Bush has demanded sacrifice from in not only the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, but the larger war on terror, is the military personnel and their families. He's giving others-mostly the rich-huge tax breaks-DURING A WAR.

Sorry, we don't need more tax breaks for the wealthy. Isn't the one's Bush given you already enough. If we're to fight a long-term war, we need revenue, not cut it. Oh, I forgot-the conservative policy is to make FUTURE GENERATIONS pay for the conflict, so YOU don't have to sacrifice. I got it.

What an idioitic policy during wartime.

I'll always support the party that comes through with this promise and not Mrs. Clinton.

Sure you would-it's nicer getting a tax break, even when Americans are dying in war, and making my kids and grandkids play for your hedonism.

Didn't they teach you how to read in English 102?" I live in Upstate NY and not the Big Apple (see my post.) Hillary believes that the NY State border ends above Yonkers.

Did I EVER mention NYC? No, I did not. You may not like her, but obviously a lot of other people, even Republicans do. I can't help it if those of you, who don't want to sacrifice in time of war, and want to live your lives as if all is well, don't like someone who doesn't live in a fantasy world like your party, who is fighting a war, but pretends at home it doesn't exist. To me, that's not only stupid, it's obscene.
Work Right, Fly Hard

slider

Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:16 pm

Quoting Superfly (Reply 31):

I'd disagree... IN has embraced a lot of biomedical and pharmaceutical research and has worked hard to transition from being over-concentrated in manufacturing and agriculture.

I can't speak to OH or PA, but everyone is well aware of Pittsburgh's resurgence as well- hell, PIT was one of the first if not THE first of the Rust Belt cities to really take a long hard look at itself and start to change.

Falcon84

Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:31 pm

Quoting Slider (Reply 38):
I can't speak to OH

I can.

Backwards; corrupted; ignorant.

That about sums up the GOP "leadership" in Ohio. But hey, gays have been stomped on, and everyone can carry guns, so they don't give a fuck in Columbus.
Work Right, Fly Hard

dl021

Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:37 pm

Quoting GuitrThree (Reply 36):

"He don't give a shit about it.." and "he just want it do disappear." I'm the one who's stupid? Did you even read what you wrote?

Ok, I admit, pointing out OYRJA's grammatical errors was a little bit petty. HOWEVER, he still made the statement that Bush could care less about Iraq. That has to be the most utterly false statement made in this thread. Liberal after liberal says it over and over again. Bush wanted this war for oil. Bush wanted to go to war from day one, even before 9/11. Bush wanted to finish his dads job... over and over and over. You liberals say thats the ONLY thing he focuses on. He's not doing enough over here. He's too focused on Iraq. Over and over and over again. And here comes OYRJA. I don't care what language you speak, if you say "He don't give a shit about it.." well then you are in left field. And yet some [Logan] call me stupid for pointing this out.

I agree with you about some basic things here, but calling people stupid ain't gonna change anyones minds, and getting mad causes you to make mistakes such as calling OYRJA stupid instead of misinformed or blinded to harsher reality, or calling Logan a racist instead of a bigoted ignoramus for making fun of NASCAR (which I think I did to his face, and we're still buddies, since he called me a neanderthal). If you strive for accuracy and civility you'll be better able to disagree with the lefties and the ones to their left in an agreeable manner that allows for an exchange of ideas.

That said, we're all guilty occasionally of getting pissed and lashing out, so take this in the vein intended.

DL021

Logan22L

Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:59 pm

I know you Liberals don't understand this as you absolutely hate the military and everything they stand for, but it is an HONOR like no other to have your Commander-in-Chief to visit your ship or base. This isn't playing the crowd, its calling "showing support" for your troops who are serving you well.

Well, your premise is incorrect. I have no issues with the military or what they stand for - it's how this Administration is using the military that I have issues with.

No kidding having the CIC visit your ship is showing support - but when he does it in front of a banner that says MISSION ACCOMPLISHED when IT HAS NOT BEEN, is propaganda and playing the crowd. Trust me, one thing we liberals recognize is propaganda.

eatmybologna

Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:59 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 37):
Did I EVER mention NYC? No, I did not. You may not like her, but obviously a lot of other people, even Republicans do.

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 33):

Falcon,

There may be one or two Republicans that do like her.  Smile

Do you happen to know her popularity rating for the rest of NY State?

I advocate State tax breaks and State economic stimulus packages for NY State’s small businesses. The extremely high NY State corporation tax, coupled with the high sales tax (9%) and high property tax (3.2%) makes it difficult for both the small business owners and NY residents to survive. I believe that supply side economics has merit in that it creates economic synergy, economic improvement, jobs and more tax revenue from which both the Federal & State governments can tap. Furthermore, I feel that tax breaks are good for all. Don’t forget that the wealthy certainly reinvest and reinvigorate growth back into the economy and, by and large, don’t stuff their $$$ under their mattresses.

Hillary Clinton always votes against small businesses and economic reform and would rather spend the tax revenue on welfare. I am a proponent of welfare as there are many needy people that have no choice but to accept the assistance. However, there is much mismanagement in my State’s welfare system and millions of residents are taking advantage of it. NY State is, in my opinion, one of the most generous states in the Union.

In regards to the war, I am not in favor of it. I believe that Bush made a mistake in going into Iraq and am very saddened when I hear how many lives are lost every day. I hope a solution can be found soon to end this nightmare. Please don’t assume that because I dislike Hillary for what she stands for (herself) that I am a proponent of war and death of our children.

Also, I’m an owner of a small manufacturing company in Rochester. I make many sacrifices and am currently the lowest paid employee of my business. Many weeks go by where I do not collect my humble paycheck. Hedonism or high-living is not on my list of priorities. Survival is. I’m a father to 2 year old daughter and I need to provide for her as best as I can. Conservative FISCAL policy along with hard work, with reinvestment into industries and the economy is, in my opinion, a decent way to sacrifice now and provide for our future generations. Hopefully there will be two intelligent and progressive presidential candidates to choose from in our next elections. I’m hoping Hillary won’t be there as I believe that she doesn’t qualify for leading America in the correct direction.

Lastly, if you don’t agree with me Falcon84, that is your right. Please don’t insult me by implying that I’m “stupid” or “obscene.”

Regards,

e-m-b

Falcon84

Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:06 am

Quoting Eatmybologna (Reply 42):
Lastly, if you don’t agree with me Falcon84, that is your right. Please don’t insult me by implying that I’m “stupid” or “obscene.”

Show me where I called you that. I said the idea of getting tax breaks, in time of war, is stupid, and I think obscene. There's a difference.
Work Right, Fly Hard

Logan22L

Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:10 am

And yet some [Logan] call me stupid for pointing this out.

I put the wink there so even you would be able to understand that it was just a jab. Further, I never did call you stupid. I simply jokingly agreed with an if/then statement proposed by OYRJA.

TPASXM787

Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:33 am

Quoting SATX (Reply 28):
To me, the 'Clinton technique' was about as truly moderate as most modern politicians ever get.

IIRC, Congress was Republican controlled while Willie was in office, so he was held in check by this.

I hope that we'll have a choice of two proactive and intelligent opponents in the next election and that Hillary isn't one of them.

This would be a first...

I don't like Hillary. I didn't like her when she was running the country before, and I don't want her running it again. Now I have nothing against her personally, obviously I have never met her, however I disagree with her policy stances.
This is the Last Stop.

eatmybologna

Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:33 am

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 43):
Quoting Eatmybologna (Reply 42):

Show me where I called you that. I said the idea of getting tax breaks, in time of war, is stupid, and I think obscene. There's a difference.

That's my point. I stated that you are implying that I'm stupid and obscene for having a different perspective on a two sided argument. Why do feel the need to imply this (name calling) if someone else doesn't agree with you? There are pros and cons to both sides. Debate it with some dignity. Do you like people insinuating that you are stupid and obscene?

e-m-b

satx

Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:43 am

Quoting TPASXM787 (Reply 45):
IIRC, Congress was Republican controlled while Willie was in office, so he was held in check by this.

I agree that having both sides play a role helps keep each other in check. However, part of the Clinton term did include a Democratically-controlled congress as well. This could have been a rare moment to push through some seriously progressive legislation but instead the Democrats seemed to get caught-up with unimportant nonsense and let the critical issues sit on the sidelines while they bickered back and forth. Eventually, their control over Congress was lost and the rest is history.

TPASXM787

Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:48 am

Quoting SATX (Reply 47):
Democrats seemed to get caught-up with unimportant nonsense and let the critical issues sit on the sidelines while they bickered back and forth.

Politics...R or D they all suck.

I actually like the idea of having POTUS one party and Congress the other. It keeps one party from pushing their agenda too much, i.e. bible thumpers vs extreme liberalism. In a way it forces them to work together and find common ground.
This is the Last Stop.

Falcon84

Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:03 am

Quoting Eatmybologna (Reply 46):
Why do feel the need to imply this (name calling) if someone else doesn't agree with you?

Why should I feel the need to do anything but call a spade a spade, dude? If i think it's stupid and obscene, than I think that, and I won't mince words because you don't like them.

I just think in time of a long, drawn-out conflict-and I'm not talking about Iraq, inasmuch I am the war on terror, that DOES exist, then it's wrong to sloguh off your well-being and comfort to my kids and grandkids, instead of paying for this war ourselves. We're sacrificing their health and well being at the expense of yours, and I find that obscene.

Quoting Eatmybologna (Reply 46):
Do you like people insinuating that you are stupid and obscene?

I could care less, as long as they're within forum rules.  Big grin

Look, I don't know you, you don't know me. Why should it bother your. What bothers me is paying for this war on the backs of my kids and grandkids, so that the rich can get a tax break now.
Work Right, Fly Hard