satx

America Finally Seems To Be Getting The Message...

Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:46 am

America finally seems to be getting the feaking message...

It's about goddamn time if you ask me.

[Edited 2005-09-17 00:47:26]
Open Season on Consumer Protections is Just Around the Corner...

SFOMEX

RE: America Finally Seems To Be Getting The Message...

Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:53 am

Just as the numbers changed this time, they will change in the future. If you really believe that these poor numbers are here to stay, you are up for a big disappointment.

Having said that, the poll should be a huge wake up call for this administration. It's now or never.
The only thing worst than the GOP is the Democratic Party, think about it!

We're Nuts

Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:54 am

Interesting, but meaningless. He won his last election - he can run the country however he wants.
Dear moderators: No.

jetjack74

Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:58 am

Quoting SATX (Thread starter):
America finally seems to be getting the feaking message...

Those Democrats are finally showing America now. Maybe if they try hard enough, they may defeat Bush in the election. Oh wait, the election ended almost a year ago.
Made from jets!

rsmith6621a

RE: America Finally Seems To Be Getting The Messag

Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:08 am

Interesting, but meaningless. He won his last election - he can run the country however he wants.

And he is doing a great job..Whether he won again...that is still up to debate....that is if you consider running it into the ground a good thing........bush last night just mortgage yours your childern and your grandchildren future.

The cuts that bush spoke of today to afford the rebuilding of NOLA are going to be at the cost of social security, medicare, and many much needed welfare programs......bush always seem to forget about cutting out the tax cuts that the laziest of the rich are getting as well as the estate tax which also benifits the rich more than the peasants.

Last nights speech was the worst that he has given yet.Bush is working hard to demolish government by allowing it not to work.
Did You Ever Think Freedom Could Be this Bad

Bobster2

Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:11 am

In a recent poll, Bush still beat Kerry by one point.

If the democrats keep picking losers like Kerry, they will deserve to keep losing.
"I tell you this, no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn." Jim Morrison

satx

Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:17 am

"Interesting, but meaningless. He won his last election - he can run the country however he wants."

What did I tell you about getting rid of the 'tick' in you nick?!  banghead 

Anyway, I see where you're coming from, but at the same time I think part of the reason Al Gore had such a problem with moderates was because Clinton had left such a bad taste in their mouth. Now, we all saw how Bush and Rove played dirty even with their own McCain, so maybe there was no way for the democrats to beat him without stooping to their own disgusting tricks, but I'd like to hope otherwise.

Quoting SFOMEX (Reply 1):
If you really believe that these poor numbers are here to stay, you are up for a big disappointment.

Nothing, but NOTHING could ever be a bigger dissapointment than having Bush for a second term. Anything from here on out can only get better.  Big grin

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 3):
Oh wait, the election ended almost a year go.

I felt the same way after Bob Dole was defeated by Bill Clinton, but look what happened after that.

b757300

Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:18 am

Of course what certain people fail to mention is that this poll intentionally oversampled blacks, aka Democrats.

Typical media polling strategy. Oversample Democrats by 10% or undersample Republicans by 10% and get a poll that is hostile to the President.
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

Blackbird1331

Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:18 am

With nothing to loose, I'll give it a try. I would run on the, I-hate-Bush-and- all-of-his-friends ticket.
Cameras shoot pictures. Guns shoot people. They have the guns.

aloges

Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:25 am

Quoting B757300 (Reply 7):
Of course what certain people fail to mention is that this poll intentionally oversampled blacks, aka Democrats.

And you got to know that how?

Typical media polling strategy.

Still mad at the Post for knocking out Nixon?
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

AeroWesty

Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:26 am

I read the background article in the WAPO and it said:

"The poll was conducted with 1,201 randomly selected adults, in an interviews between Sept. 8-11. The margin of sampling error is plus or minus three percentage points."

Where did you see one group or another was oversampled?
International Homo of Mystery

KiwiNanday

Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:27 am

Typical media polling strategy. Oversample Democrats by 10% or undersample Republicans by 10% and get a poll that is hostile to the President.

Silly Islamic extremists, it's just a cartoon!

satx

Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:29 am

Quoting Bobster2 (Reply 5):
If the democrats keep picking losers like Kerry, they will deserve to keep losing.

Kerry lost because he was from the north and southerners don't vote for northerners. How's that for a simple explanation?

Also, when chastising the significance of the poll numbers above, please remember this:

It's got to hurt for some of these 'red-state' numbskulls to admit they have lost some of their faith in a fellow idiot.

Edited for a 'typo'.

[Edited 2005-09-17 01:43:16]

aloges

Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:31 am

Quoting KiwiNanday (Reply 11):

I googled another Carlin reference that would get me banned immediately, and found this image...

Nice.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

jetjack74

Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:38 am

Quoting Rsmith6621a (Reply 4):
And he is doing a great job..Whether he won again...that is still up to debate....

Well.......
Made from jets!

TedTAce

Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:44 am

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 14):
Well.......

That's the best you can do Jet?
My goodness how the mighty have fallen around here in the past few weeks.
SATX... This is weak stuff to... nobody, and I do mean NOBODY cares about presidential polls at this stage of the game. The country could be violently revolting as a whole (poll wise) against this moron and it wouldn't matter until 08. Even then "we" are just going to replace him with a liberal version of the same money grubbing BS asshole(s).
This space intentionally left blank

satx

Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:57 am

What's that alien orb floating around him? Or is this from a deodorant commercial? "Degree, with the new power of green orbs, goes right to work when your stress level increases, such as after you've made a total fool of yourself in front of millions of Americans."  Big grin

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 15):
SATX... This is weak stuff to... nobody, and I do mean NOBODY cares about presidential polls at this stage of the game.

Really? I get a kick out of seeing just how low he can go. Although I agree with those who say this is not going to last forever. Rove won't let it and the media is still too wussy to really hold Bush accountable for anything.

My ultimate dream is that Bush becomes another Carter and dooms the conservatives for at least one election Big grin, but that would require an agressive stance from the media, and I just don't see that happening.

Bill Clinton (2001) 65%
Ronald Reagan (1989) 64
Dwight Eisenhower (1961) 59
John F. Kennedy (1963) 63
George Bush (1993) 56
Gerald Ford (1977) 53
Lyndon Johnson (1969) 49
Jimmy Carter (1981) 34
Richard Nixon (1974) 24

Klaus

Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:06 am

The interesting thing is that his approval rating is consistently decreasing - with the only exceptions being national tragedies, at least one of them being actively created by this administration.

Or in other words: The more people know Bush, the more they dislike him - except for short breaks when "supporting the president" is the "patriotic thing to do"...

satx

Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:11 am

Just like your Respect Rating came from oversampling idiots?  Big grin

We're Nuts

Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:55 am

oversampled blacks, aka Democrats.

And you're a racist. Get lost, Bigfoot.

2H4

Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:00 pm

I always liked these statistics:

2H4

Intentionally Left Blank

n229nw

Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:11 pm

Quoting SATX (Reply 18):
Just like your Respect Rating came from oversampling idiots?

nice one!
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!

Falcon84

Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:13 pm

Quoting SFOMEX (Reply 1):
If you really believe that these poor numbers are here to stay, you are up for a big disappointment.

YOU may be the dissapointed one, brown-nosing friend.  Smile

I really don't think he'll ever see more than 50% the rest of his term.

Source? Link? Awful fast and loose with facts?

Actually, these numbers are pretty similar to numbers seen all over in numerous polls, and in any case, if you're making a comment about Bush, friend, I automatically take it with a grain of salt to begin with.

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 10):
Where did you see one group or another was oversampled?

He has to say that to keep his 100% record of kissing Bush's caboose intact. He has no facts, so makes things up, to keep his tunnel vision going.

Lamest post I've ever seen on here. Yes, he's the president, but his "glory days" are behind him, and he only has hangers-on like yourself, B757300, SFOMEX, GuitrThree, Pope, and the like, blindly still following his every mis-step.

The GOP was worried when Bush's "Lame Duck" position would kick in. Well, it might be kicking in right now. To be fair, he made as good a speech, with as good a vision as a Bush has ever put out, the other night, in how he wants to combat the castastrophe that was Katrina, but he is still going to be saddled by the images of Chertoff and Brown as the two hacks HE PICKED to mismanage those agencies.
Work Right, Fly Hard

MaverickM11

Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:20 pm

A) He's around for three more years.
B) Contrary to what the Left believes, he will not be able to run again. That's going to suck for the Left since they'll have to find a platform at some point that's something other than "we're not Bush".
E pur si muove -Galileo

Falcon84

Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:27 pm

And it won't suck for the GOP, who has no one decent themselves to run in '08?

Look at the suitors: Frist? Another Bush? Romney? Rice?

Good God, you righties have enough to worry about in '08.
Work Right, Fly Hard

L-188

Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:32 pm

Well he will be back up where he belongs by the end of his term.

Right now just a lot of negative news came down at once.

As it does every August for this guy.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

KC135R

Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:40 pm

Well.......

Yeah, definitely something to be proud of.  sarcastic 
I have said this before and I will say it again - I don't know why some people continue to ride this sinking ship.

Personally, I supported Bush until about 3 years in, that's when I started to see things I did not like - since then it has only gotten worse. However, I did not vote for Kerry because he seemed even worse. But I do not feel the need to blindly support and defend an administration that has done a pretty poor job of running the country.

My point is, I get that people preferred Bush over Kerry, or Bush over Gore - but what is so great about him that you continue to support him? He's a mediocre president on a good day - less than mediocre on most days.

Bush may have been slightly better than the opposition in the last two elections, but that does not make him a great president by any stretch.

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 15):
nobody, and I do mean NOBODY cares about presidential polls at this stage of the game.

I disagree. It matters in three ways, in my opinion:

#1 - Least importantly, his legacy. As it stands right now (if nothing improves), I believe history will view his presidency as a failure. Now a lot could change between now and the next election, but when your motto is generally "stay the course" I would not expect to see much in the way of change.
#2 - His ability to push his agenda. According to the political pundits, a President with weak support from the American people will not be able to move the country in the direction they want - it's a vote of no confidence. For example, a Supreme Court nominee might have to be less than ideal to appease the majority when that majority does not generally approve of your job handling.
#3 - Most important to the partisan folks - the midterm elections could swing towards the Dems favor if the country has a sour taste in their mouth for the Republicans.

Where do you see that in the article?

Perhaps you found something that identifies the political breakdown of the sample, but I did not see it. Nonetheless, here then is a more "fair and balanced" look at things:
Fox has him at 41% in their most recent poll and that is with 41% of respondents claiming to be a dem and 39% a republican. Considering the margin of error of +/-3%, that is insignificant and backs up the poll in the original post.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,169469,00.html

Face it, the country is tired of the inept leadership from the Bush administration - that's the no spin truth. As far as I am concerned, continuing to support this administration shows that you are simply a partisan idealog and care more about your party than the welfare of the country.

L-188

Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:42 pm

Quoting 2H4 (Reply 20):

Hey buddy, your chart is upside down Big grin

TedTAce

Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:05 pm

Quoting KC135R (Reply 26):
#1 - Least importantly, his legacy. As it stands right now (if nothing improves), I believe history will view his presidency as a failure. Now a lot could change between now and the next election, but when your motto is generally "stay the course" I would not expect to see much in the way of change.
#2 - His ability to push his agenda. According to the political pundits, a President with weak support from the American people will not be able to move the country in the direction they want - it's a vote of no confidence. For example, a Supreme Court nominee might have to be less than ideal to appease the majority when that majority does not generally approve of your job handling.
#3 - Most important to the partisan folks - the midterm elections could swing towards the Dems favor if the country has a sour taste in their mouth for the Republicans.

Good points, I like the way you introduced the 1st one. The second one is frightening, especially in light of http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/09/16/D8CLHTRG0.html
"Some fiscal conservatives are expressing alarm at the prospect of such massive federal outlays without cutting other spending.

"It is inexcusable for the White House and Congress to not even make the effort to find at least some offsets to this new spending," said Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla.

Allen said the administration had not identified any budget cuts to offset the disaster expense. Congress already has approved $62 billion for the disaster, but that is expected to run out next month. "

-

The problem is that if the Republicans start abandoning him on this, he will get blamed for Katrinas inadequate recovery, making him appear yet MORE foolish. It's a double edged sword I'm glad I don't have to live with.

Support the President and spend more then ANY administration PERIOD thus loosing ANY credibility using the 'tax and spend liberal' line -OR- LOOK like a TOTAL Schmuck and tell the president and the people of NO to F.O.

If I was a true die hard Conservative I'd REALLY be regretting Kerry not winning now. There is no way Kerry could have our troops out of Iraq now, and to have a disaster like this and the war would make HIM look like the asshole instead.
This space intentionally left blank

We're Nuts

Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:13 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 22):
Source? Link? Awful fast and loose with facts?

Why do people bother replying to B757300? In his five sorry years here, has he ever responded? Let the elusive beast go back into hiding.

Quoting L-188 (Reply 27):
Hey buddy, your chart is upside down

The rest of Alaska can thank you for keeping them in the top 50.  bigthumbsup 

And that's all you're going to get from me, L-188!

NWA742

Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:37 pm

Quoting We're Nuts (Reply 29):
In his five sorry years here, has he ever responded?

That's a good point Nutsy, but you should remember this,

he has a point in doing that. A lot of people on here are just not worth the time to argue with.

For many of the famous A.net Bush haters -- nothing will ever change their views on Bush -- every single thing he does is wrong, no matter what. They would still consider him evil if Christ himself came back and blessed him in front of everybody.

It goes the same way for many of the Bush lovers.

That's why I've reduced the number of political arguments that I get into on this forum. It's just not worth it. This website has so many complete tools as members.

-NWA742

[Edited 2005-09-17 06:40:26]
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

b757300

Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:05 pm

I don't respond to people who immediately start with the name calling. I refuse to join them in acting like an ass. Since many of the liberals here can only respond with personal insults, I have nothing to say in response to them. I don't argue with a bunch of e-thugs who love to flame from the safety of their keyboard. This, Nutsy, is why I do not respond to people like you. Why anyone would respond to someone who was busted for misrepresenting themselves is beyond me.

However, since someone else asked for proof... It comes from a WP article the day before about the same poll.

Last Paragraph in the article

"A total of 1, 200 randomly selected adults, including an oversample of 200 African-Americans, were interviewed Sept. 8-11 for this survey. Margin of sampling error for results based on the full sample is plus or minus 3 percentage points."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...le/2005/09/12/AR2005091201158.html
"There is no victory at bargain basement prices."

StevenUhl777

Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:07 pm

Quoting SATX (Reply 16):
My ultimate dream is that Bush becomes another Carter and dooms the conservatives for at least one election

And Carter will be replaced with Bill-ary, even worse than ol' Jimmy...

Quoting 2H4 (Reply 20):

I live in Washington state, with a huge military population. Nearly every county is RED except the liberal wackos in King county. Johnny boy lost by a mere 5 points here. He damn near lost Oregon, too...Bush had a real chance there as well. Kerry won OR and WA, but not by much...

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 23):
That's going to suck for the Left since they'll have to find a platform at some point that's something other than "we're not Bush".

Who cares who runs in '08? We're against him/her and everything he/she stands for already. Who the hell needs a plan? All we have to do is rehash the last 8 years and we think we might have a prayer.

Signed,
Liberals throughout the USA

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 24):
And it won't suck for the GOP, who has no one decent themselves to run in '08?

Look at the suitors: Frist? Another Bush? Romney? Rice?

Good God, you righties have enough to worry about in '08.

Jeb won't run, unfortunately. Mitt Romney should go back to his old job of selling used cars...can't stand that schmuck. Rudy and Ahhhhold are too f-ing liberal fo rme. Condoleeza Rice or Don Rumsfeld or John Bolton would be a dream come true. She is much more qualified than anyone in the GOP today, including W.

Sen. Chuck Hagel is gaining my respect by the day... Wink
And the winner for best actress is....REESE WITHERSPOON for 'Walk the Line'!!!!!!!!

NWA742

Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:14 pm

The chart posted by 2H4 is about as unscientific as it can get. It doesn't represent the nation at all. There are so many probable points of error it's not worth the time to list them.

It serves nothing but political propoganda, and unfortunately there's probably a lot of people stupid enough to depend on that as means for an argument.

-NWA742

[Edited 2005-09-17 07:26:46]
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

L-188

Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:22 pm

Quote:
Quoting L-188 (Reply 27):
Hey buddy, your chart is upside down

The rest of Alaska can thank you for keeping them in the top 50.

And that's all you're going to get from me, L-188!

Actually the fact that chart shows most of the winners being from highly urbanized states tells me that the test they used is biased.

Besides just how dumb you are really does depend on what part of the country you are in.

But I can't take credit for that line.....it is from the classic film Smokey and the Bandit.

We're Nuts

Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:26 pm

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 30):
A lot of people on here are just not worth the time to argue with.

Point conceded. However I think it's pretty clear the reason he does not "engage" is his posts are so laced with idiocy that they are mercilessly ripped to shreds unilaterally. While he may be cursed with the intelligence of a wall divider, when it comes to encouraging the fight against forum stupidity, he's a uniter! Silly

StevenUhl777

Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:26 pm

Quoting Falcon84 (Reply 22):
Lamest post I've ever seen on here. Yes, he's the president, but his "glory days" are behind him, and he only has hangers-on like yourself, B757300, SFOMEX, GuitrThree, Pope, and the like, blindly still following his every mis-step.

You forgot me, Falcon. I'm hurt... Sad  Wink
And the winner for best actress is....REESE WITHERSPOON for 'Walk the Line'!!!!!!!!

NWA742

Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:30 pm

Quoting We're Nuts (Reply 35):
I think it's pretty clear the reason he does not "engage" is his posts are so laced with idiocy that they are mercilessly ripped to shreds unilaterally.

Not at all. People like you insult him more than you debate his points.

Quoting We're Nuts (Reply 35):
While he may be cursed with the intelligence of a wall divider, when it comes to encouraging the fight against forum stupidity, he's a uniter!

See?

-NWA742

We're Nuts

Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:32 pm

Quoting B757300 (Reply 31):
I don't respond to people who immediately start with the name calling. I refuse to join them in acting like an ass.

But that is what you do! You're the one-hit-wonder!

I don't argue with a bunch of e-thugs who love to flame from the safety of their keyboard.

You just toss out the ridiculous bait.

Why anyone would respond to someone who was busted for misrepresenting themselves is beyond me.

"Busted"?

KC135R

Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:34 pm

Quoting StevenUhl777 (Reply 32):
Condoleeza Rice or Don Rumsfeld or John Bolton would be a dream come true.

Three words for you - that is sick! But, I will take it a step further - please explain to me why any of these three would be a "dream come true" as president.

BTW, you don't have to worry about Arnold. As I am sure you know, according to current law - he can't be president anyway, so it is a moot point.

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 33):
The chart posted by 2H4 is about as unscientific as it can get.

..and serves no purpose but to divide. It assumes too much without any factual substantiation - and therefore it proves nothing.

A total of 1, 200 randomly selected adults, including an oversample of 200 African-Americans

Thanks for the link, but two things -
First, this does not prove that dems were oversampled - only that African Americans were - and I know that African Americans are predominately dems, but to apply that here assumes facts that are not available - for all we know all 200 of these folks are republicans.
Second, and maybe I am missing something here, but since African Americans make up 12% of the population (according to the 2000 census - source: http://www.census.gov/prod/2001pubs/c2kbr01-5.pdf), and since 200 out of 1200 is 16% of the sample population, what is the big deal?

According to the 2000 census figures, African Americans were oversampled by 4% in this poll - so with a margin of error of +/- of 3% it is, almost completely, irrelevant.

We're Nuts

Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:37 pm

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 37):
Not at all. People like you insult him more than you debate his points.

It hardly seems to matter either way. Come on, NWA742, we've both been around a long time. We've seen more than enough crap here. And besides, I'm the centrist - I'm the only one allowed to give "the benefit of the doubt".  Silly

We're Nuts

Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:44 pm

Oh, and though I'm sure none of you need to be told this, that chart:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/stateiq.asp

AeroWesty

Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:45 pm

Quoting StevenUhl777 (Reply 32):
Johnny boy lost by a mere 5 points here. He damn near lost Oregon, too...Bush had a real chance there as well. Kerry won OR and WA, but not by much...

Well let's look at the real Oregon numbers.

2000: Gore (47%) defeated Bush (47%) by 6,765 votes.
2004: Kerry (52%) defeated Bush (47%) by 69,752 votes.

Yup, ol' George really had a chance in OR. Uh huh.

NWA742

Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:49 pm

Quoting KC135R (Reply 39):
..and serves no purpose but to divide. It assumes too much without any factual substantiation - and therefore it proves nothing.

Exactly.

Quoting We're Nuts (Reply 39):
It hardly seems to matter either way.

Eh I think it matters. I think if people would stop immediately attacking him for being a strong conservative, then he would argue his points more.

Come on, NWA742, we've both been around a long time. We've seen more than enough crap here.

Agreed 1000%

I'm the only one allowed to give "the benefit of the doubt".

That's true to a degree -- you certainly don't have a problem making people doubt you

sly 

-NWA742

We're Nuts

Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:01 pm

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 43):
Eh I think it matters. I think if people would stop immediately attacking him for being a strong conservative, then he would argue his points more.

Well then let's devote a page to enjoying his points:
RE: Psycho Cindy Is At It Again (by B757300 Sep 17 2005 in Non Aviation)
RE: Jeb's Son Arrested In Texas (by B757300 Sep 17 2005 in Non Aviation)
RE: Dear Mr. Bush (by B757300 Sep 10 2005 in Non Aviation)

Quoting B757300 (Reply 51):
OMG, Bush has bodily functions?

IMPEACH HIM NOW!

The Leader Of The Free World - Priceless! (by Dan-Air Sep 15 2005 in Non Aviation)

Oh boy, looks like we have MD-90 junior.

I Give Up On President Bush (by Pope Sep 2 2005 in Non Aviation)

Quoting B757300 (Reply 14):
Didn't you get the memo? Everything is Bush's fault. /Liberal Mode

Mr. President, Please Just Go Away. (by SlamClick Sep 2 2005 in Non Aviation)

And those are just the gems we can still reply to!

You know what else? I looked through every post he made (except the archives, those will have to wait), and while he may have gotten a response or two, not once did he go through some of the forum brawls I've battled. A lot of them with you, NWA.

B757300, inciting a crowd and then claiming persecution. What a fascinating act. It's wearing a little thin now, though. I'd love to hear what you actually think, if you can do that for me.

RobertNL070

Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:51 pm

"Interesting, but meaningless. He won his last election - he can run the country however he wants." We're Nuts (reply 2)

Seems a tad unwise: as a Republican George Bush is surely required to try to ensure that he is succeeded by another Republican. I don't think he'll achieve that by "running the country however he wants". And forgive me if I'm wrong, but you do have public opinion in the US don't you? And public opinion can persuade administrations to change tack? Or is it like as it sometimes seems to be in the Netherlands: cast your vote once in every four years and for the rest of the time shut the f**k up?

Regards, Robert  bouncy 
Youth is a gift of nature. Age is a work of art.

Mir

Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:20 pm

I don't respond to people who immediately start with the name calling. I refuse to join them in acting like an ass. Since many of the liberals here can only respond with personal insults, I have nothing to say in response to them. I don't argue with a bunch of e-thugs who love to flame from the safety of their keyboard. This, Nutsy, is why I do not respond to people like you.

If you can't see that what you wrote is a perfect description of you, you must be living in some alternate reality.

You come into a thread and immediately start name-calling. You act like an ass. I think I can count the times you haven't responded with personal insults on one hand. You love to flame from the safety of your keyboard. And you are arguably the one who does it THE MOST. You've built yourself a reputation of hit-and-run personal attacks, and then you try to put yourself above people by saying you won't talk with people who take part in mudslinging? Nice try, but I'm certainly not buying it.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

ltbewr

Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:57 pm

Still, we are a country near evenly divided as to support of President Bush.
GWB learned from his father to cut taxes and never raise them, even if they kick up huge deficits. This attracts a huge number of people in the middle class and of course the rich who benefit most from those tax cuts. Many people agree with GWB that government should be starved of money to remove the funding of programs to the poor whom they precieve are addicted to government subsidy. He plays the anti-sex, anti-abortion card to attract people whom are absolutist in their voting based on those subjects even those who benefit from the wide range of social programs he is gutting. The morality card is a cheap way to get votes of many people, especially as to personal sexual immorality of former President Clinton. Then you have the Iraq war where many in the public support the President despite the lies he used to support it, that he tried to do in on the cheap and where many wanted revenge someplace in the Middle East/Islamic world as to 9/11.

StevenUhl777

Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:13 am

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 42):
Well let's look at the real Oregon numbers.

2000: Gore (47%) defeated Bush (47%) by 6,765 votes.
2004: Kerry (52%) defeated Bush (47%) by 69,752 votes.

Yup, ol' George really had a chance in OR. Uh huh

Kerry pulled ahead in the last few weeks, yes. However, Bush and Cheney campaigned in Oregon a lot, based on their result in 2000, and were approx. 5 pts. down in October...Oregon was considered a battleground state all last summer.

AeroWesty

Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:15 am

Quoting StevenUhl777 (Reply 48):
Kerry pulled ahead in the last few weeks, yes.

You might want to check the historical polls for Oregon in 2004. They're still available online.

Cheers.  Smile