AA777
Topic Author

Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire Preview!

Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:19 pm

*drumroll please*... ladies and gentlemen, the moment you've all been waiting for...

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/harrypotterandthegobletoffire.html

THE NEW HARRY POTTER MOVIE, HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE will be coming out in November. The preview makes the movie really look like its going to be great!!! I am soo excited to see it! Obviously, we Harry Potter fans know what has happened in the fourth book. This is perhaps the most important book, since it really is the gateway to the climax and rest of the series' significance... The movie preview simply looks stunning, and I will certainly be one of the first in line to see the film when it comes out! Does anyone know when the premiere is for the U.S. / U.K./ Europe? Any insider info on the movie? Or if you just want to discuss your excitement.... this is the place!

-AA777

(p.s., If you dont like Harry Potter, think its silly, etc, please kindly refrain from being rude. A lot of people think all of us are silly for being so into airplanes, air travel etc....that is no less silly than Harry Potter.)

Newark777

RE: Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire Preview!

Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:33 pm

Quoting AA777 (Thread starter):

(p.s., If you dont like Harry Potter, think its silly, etc, please kindly refrain from being rude. A lot of people think all of us are silly for being so into airplanes, air travel etc....that is no less silly than Harry Potter.)

At least airplanes are real.  Wink

Ok, that's enough for me, I'm out...

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

deltaownsall

Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:00 pm

the only people that dont like Harry Potter are those who haven't read it  Wink seriously though I'm pretty excited for this movie, and I'm gonna go crazy waiting for the 7th book.

QANTASforever

Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:14 pm

Quoting Deltaownsall (Reply 2):
the only people that dont like Harry Potter are those who haven't read it seriously though I'm pretty excited for this movie, and I'm gonna go crazy waiting for the 7th book.

OK OK - I'll admit it. I am a Harry Potter fan. I'm re-reading number 6. It's all I can do before the 7th book comes out. I must say - GOF is my favourite book, so I'm very much looking forward to the movie. Unfortunately - some of my favourite characters (the Dursleys) have been cut from the film. It's a shame. But still - should be great. Looking forward to it.

QFF
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

ZKSUJ

Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:30 pm

Havent read the book. Purely because you can watch the movie and it takes so much less effort  Wink Big grin Can't wait for it to come out.

QANTASforever

Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:36 pm

Quoting ZKSUJ (Reply 4):
Purely because you can watch the movie and it takes so much less effort

I assure you - the books are an utter pleasure to read. Once you've read one, the others seem to beckon you to read on.

QFF
Fighting for the glory of the Australian Republic.

RobertNL070

Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:33 pm

I must agree with you on this one, QANTASforever. The Order Of The Phoenix I found a bit heavy going, but Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince was a little less so. It is clearly leading to something quite spectacular in part 7.

Regards, Robert  bouncy 
Youth is a gift of nature. Age is a work of art.

MidnightMike

Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:01 pm

Movie looks pretty good, & what the hell is going on with that Chick from Harry Potter, she is starting to grow some Boobies!
NO URLS in signature

Mexicana757

Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:27 am

Yeah, I like this preview much better over the first one that came out in June or July. I got to see it on Wednesday when it was released. And I was just watching Lord of the Rings on The WB and they showed this preview. It was cool.  goodvibes   hyper 

Quoting MidnightMike (Reply 7):
Movie looks pretty good, & what the hell is going on with that Chick from Harry Potter, she is starting to grow some Boobies

rotfl  Well you know they have to grow as she gets older.  biggrin 

airlinelover

Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:45 pm

Ehhh.. Hey Butthead.. Does that mean that witch kid will drink fire?? heh heh .. Fire Fire.......

Chris
Lets do some sexy math. We add you, subtract your clothes, divide your legs and multiply

deltaownsall

Mon Sep 19, 2005 1:40 pm

Hermione is hot...lol. I thought Order of the Phoenix was a bit heavy as well, this one seemed alot lighter to me somehow. GoF and the 6th are my favorites so the movie should be awesome.

Mir

Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:36 pm

Quoting ZKSUJ (Reply 4):
Havent read the book. Purely because you can watch the movie and it takes so much less effort.

I think that this is generally a bad way to go about things, but I do think that the third movie is better than the book, and the fourth one looks like it will be too (from the preview). In my view, Rowling came up with a great story, but the manner in which she tells it is pretty lacking. A good director can tell the story in a much more effective way. Now, to be fair, the first two movies did not have a good director, and thus, they sucked.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

ha763

Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:53 pm

I will also admit that I'm a huge Harry Potter fan and re-reading book 6. After seeing all the trailers and reading reviews from people who went to the screenings, I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie.