ManuCH
Crew
Topic Author

Ordering US Merchandise From Europe

Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:11 pm

Last time I was in the US I fell in love with Armany Exchange clothes. So I wanted to order something from their online store, www.armaniexchange.com , because that particular variation of the brand doesn't exist in Europe. Guess what - they ship to US/Canada addresses only.

Do you have any ideas of how I could get their stuff shipped to my address in Europe? I was thinking about a mail forwarding service, but they tend to be expensive and you don't know which ones you can trust.

Help  Smile
-Manuel
Never trust a statistic you didn't fake yourself

Birdwatching

RE: Ordering US Merchandise From Europe

Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:20 pm

If I wasn't in Germany at the moment I would forward it to you if you shipped it to my address... I'm sure one of the other NorthAm members will help you with this one! After all, we're all one big family!  Smile
All the things you probably hate about travelling are warm reminders that I'm home

AeroWesty

Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:02 pm

I've done this a few times for friends in Europe, especially for items that are either unavailable or outrageously-priced in comparison due to current exchange rates.

For a humorous look at an example request I got from a friend in Glasgow recently, see: Scottish -> American Translation Help (by AeroWesty Oct 4 2005 in Non Aviation)

One of the problems you might run into is delivering to a U.S. address with an EU-based credit card. Another is that you'll have to pay shipping to the U.S. address, shipping to Europe, then duty on arrival (FedEx has at times sent a bill in the mail later).

It is workable, and if you have any questions about how to make it work, just click on the contact link in my profile and I'll try to help as I can.
International Homo of Mystery

lewis

Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:09 pm

I've had the same problem with online ordering from A&F and Banana Republic, both brands unavailable in Europe. One of my best friends studies in USA but its too much hassle for him to buy clothes for me.