UAL747
Topic Author

Any New A.net Meets In The US? Abroad?

Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:27 am

Okay, not sure how these get started, but I was wondering if there are any planned in the near future? I would really like to come to one and meet you all face to face. Anyone heard any news? I figure that JFK and LAX would be great places to go, but I'm open to anything. Heck, I'd even go to Europe for a couple of days to meet people. Anyway, just wanted to get some info. if you know of anything, please post here.

UAL
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

Checo77

RE: Any New A.net Meets In The US? Abroad?

Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:45 am

What if you guys would all get here to SJO where I´m now (I´m Czech but I´m currently in a Interchange programe here).
Costa Rica has some nice beaches and all. We can have a meeting and all here in SJO and then all move to the beach to enjoy some days off with relaxation and PARTY. What about January. This is the best month in Costa Rica (dry season).
Maybe TACAA320 can help me get this organized.
What do you think? If you don´t like the idea, I don´t mind...
Regards,
Adam
Czech Boeing lover living in Lima

DLKAPA

Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:57 am

Actually I'm amazed at the decline in Euro meets ever since AviancegirlUK left. Am I the only one that notices that?
And all at once the crowd begins to sing: Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same

AeroWesty

Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:57 pm

Quoting UAL747 (Thread starter):
if you know of anything, please post here.

I do believe if you check into that other forum you belong to *wink wink, nudge nudge*, that that very topic was discussed within the past couple of days.  Smile
International Homo of Mystery

HAWK21M

Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:09 pm

Anyones having a meet in BOM next.Tell me  Smile
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

airkas1
Crew

Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:07 pm

Quoting DLKAPA (Reply 2):
Actually I'm amazed at the decline in Euro meets ever since AviancegirlUK left. Am I the only one that notices that?

Not really. We've had FRA, MAD/LPA this year with an AMS meet still to come. So that makes 3. Last year we had bout the same number I guess? 3 to 4 meets. So not that big of a decline.
Airliners.net Crew - Head Photo Screener

HT

Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:18 pm

See Opinions For A European Meet DEC-05 Thru MAR-06? (by HT Oct 5 2005 in Non Aviation) for a slow opinion finding for a meeting in Europe during the coming winter. Any contributions are welcomed !
-HT
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

cxsjr

Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:21 pm

I was going anyway and have found out that there are a whole bunch of others going to SXM this Saturday - might be a bit short notice for you though?
The world is a book, those who do not travel read only one page ....

carmenlu15

Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:12 am

Quoting Checo77 (Reply 1):
What if you guys would all get here to SJO where I�m now

Oy. A plane ticket is currently out of my budget...

... then again, for an a.net meet I'd even take the bus!  bouncy  (Yes, even if it takes me one and a half days to arrive!)
Don't expect to see me around that much (if at all) -- the contact link should still work, though.