TedTAce
Topic Author

American Idiots (unprotected Sex)

Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:39 pm

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/10/10/051010210156.p09fnvda.html
" Americans are playing a risky game of sexual roulette, according to a new poll that found only 39 percent of respondents always ask a new lover if they are infected with HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.

The new poll by Zogby for MSNBC.com also found that 73 percent of respondents were involved in a monogamous relationship and 66 percent of those surveyed had had unprotected sex while under the influence of alcohol. "

Too bad so few have to face the consequences of these idiotic actions.
This space intentionally left blank

Newark777

RE: American Idiots (unprotected Sex)

Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:41 pm

And then they come bitch here how it really isn't their fault.  Yeah sure

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?

gkirk

Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:41 pm

Quoting TedTAce (Thread starter):

Aye, why the hell anyone would want to bring a child like yourself into the world will remain one of life's big mysteries  stirthepot   duck 
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

747400F

Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:43 pm

only 39 percent of respondents always ask a new lover if they are infected with HIV, the virus that causes AIDS

what good is asking? Use a condom with unknown lovers - how difficult is that?
All humans have the right to marry the one they love

geoffm

Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:52 pm

You can just imagine the scene: soft, red furnishings, candlelight, champagne, petal baths, partners whispering sweet nothings in each other's ears... then one asks, "So... do you have HIV then?". You could go on with a number of other infectious diseases, so where do you stop?

Geoff M.

OYRJA

Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:53 pm

BTW... Does any of you guys know what Rodeo Sex is?  Wink

Andreas

Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:56 pm

Sure...it's also known as barebacking!

So you're a barebacker, is that what you always wanted to tell us?  Wink

Danish Pervert!!! Big grin
I know it's only VfB but I like it!

TedTAce
Topic Author

Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:03 pm

Quoting OYRJA (Reply 5):
Does any of you guys know what Rodeo Sex is?

Get in from behind, grab her hips and tell her how fat her a$$ is and try to hold on for as long as possible....  old 

OYRJA

Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:06 pm

Well actually I have no Idea what a barebacker is Big grin

But Rodeo Sex is when you strap a girl or a man to a bed and silently whisper in their ear that you have aids before you penetrate them  Wink

TedTAce
Topic Author

Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:09 pm

Quoting OYRJA (Reply 8):
But Rodeo Sex is when you strap a girl or a man to a bed and silently whisper in their ear that you have aids before you penetrate them Wink

EWWWWW, I liked mine a LOT better......

Andreas

Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:11 pm

Quoting OYRJA (Reply 8):
Well actually I have no Idea what a barebacker is

Go tell that to your Momma...by now you've been through Google a hundred times to find pics, you perverted Dane, you!  Wink Big grin

Quoting OYRJA (Reply 8):
But Rodeo Sex is when you strap a girl or a man to a bed and silently whisper in their ear that you have aids before you penetrate them

No it's strapping Kirkie to the bedpost, assuring him that the lovliest of all sheep iswaiting outside....then let in the RAM.
I know it's only VfB but I like it!

OYRJA

Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:14 pm

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 7):
Get in from behind, grab her hips and tell her how fat her a$$ is and try to hold on for as long as possible....

Hehehehehe. You know what. That one was actually better than mine Big grin I never heard your version before Big grin

Matt D

Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:39 pm

Because most people either A) don't care, or B) know that, despite the risk, the chances of being infected from a known carrier in the course of one encounter are still statisically slim.

Thorben

Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:47 pm

This is a very serious issue. It's not just Americans who do that, you'd find those idiots all over Europe, too. I think the awareness for AIDS is a lot smaller today than when it was discovered. What can we do? Protect yourselves, tell the children about it a bring the issue up to those friends with whom you can talk about sex.
France 1789; Eastern Germany 1989; Tunisia 2011; Egypt 2011

dtwclipper

Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:50 pm

So Ted, let me ask you this. Where you a virgin before you got married?

Before you knocked up your wife, how many times did you have sex with other women? Did you get a sexual history on those women?

Don't pass judgment unless you can answer these question, honestly!
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

oneworldman

Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:52 pm

Seriously though, While it would be great if a person did not have to designate themselves as either this or that, does anyone really think that that is possible in the USA. America is so caught up with race, it is almost debilitating.
Querer es poder.

oneworldman

Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:53 pm

oooooppppsssss sorry wrong thread.
Querer es poder.

ORFflyer

Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:54 pm

Quoting OYRJA (Reply 5):
BTW... Does any of you guys know what Rodeo Sex is?

Start doing your wife doggy-style, reach up and grab her tits, and tell her they feel just like here sisters.... THEN hang on for eight seconds. Big grin  Big grin

Chip

TPASXM787

Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:08 am

Quoting ORFflyer (Reply 17):
Start doing your wife doggy-style, reach up and grab her tits, and tell her they feel just like here sisters.... THEN hang on for eight seconds.

rotfl 

And this article is right. You're completely stupid if you don't find out about someone and take the right steps to protect yourself. Not everyone is "clean" and not everyone is going to tell you.

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 14):
Before you knocked up your wife, how many times did you have sex with other women? Did you get a sexual history on those women?

I can. I was with one girl for 3 years in college and now my fiancee. I knew. I didn't go around shagging everything that walked nor did I try to. There's a little thing called personal responsibility. Try it.
This is the Last Stop.

dtwclipper

Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:20 am

Quoting TPASXM787 (Reply 18):
There's a little thing called personal responsibility. Try it.

Good for you! I'm glad to hear you children have learned something.
Compare New York Air, the Airline that works for your Business

jaysit

Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:33 am

Here's something for you fans of super safe sex. It may also save your pets from a fate worse than death.

http://www.salon.com/mwt/feature/2005/10/11/real_dolls/index.html

or go directly to:

http://www.realdoll.com
Atheism is Myth Understood.

tristarenvy

Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:22 am

Anyone who has had unprotected sex, since the mid 80's, is risking plenty.

I remember seeing a documentary about the Aids Epidemic about 1988 on PBS. They told of how the CDC had traced it back to where, when, and who brought it into the USA. According to them, it all started in 1976, at a party on Fire Island. There were several hundred guests at the party. As of 1988, only ONE was still alive. What was sad was how the government pretty much ignored the disease when it started killing people, as it seemed to only affect homosexual men. As soon as it was realized that the virus was transmitted thru blood, and bodily fluid, that it became an issue.

Even the prudish of people should realize that this is not some "sex" disease, killing sinfully sex crazed deviates, or what not.
If you don't stand for SOMETHING, you'll fall for ANYTHING.

Nordair

Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:48 am

And this article is right. You're completely stupid if you don't find out about someone and take the right steps to protect yourself. Not everyone is "clean" and not everyone is going to tell you.

And not everyone is going to tell the truth when asked.

So, wrap your weiners gentlemen!
"It is never legitimate to use the words of scripture to promote a loveless agenda." - Right Rev. Dr. Peter Short

diamond

Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:15 am

Ted,

You have a lot of 'passion' about AIDS and STDs lately. It's in a couple of threads here and at least one thread on that 'other' site.

Your opinion is quite clear. But your reason for being angry about it isn't.

WHY does this matter to you?

WHY are you so determined to 'scold' people whose conduct isn't like what you claim yours to be?

WHY does someone's sexual safety (or lack thereof) make you so ANGRY?

There is something missing here.

What about the woman who has been married for 20 years and thinks she is in a faithful relationship with her husband. She gets HIV because he was actually sleeping around. Is it her "fault" that she didn't demand her own husband to wear a condom? No it isn't.

It isn't about 'fault' in the first place - and that I why I am so surprised by your determination to play the blame-game on this one topic.

As I said, there is something missing here.
Blank.

TedTAce
Topic Author

Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:58 am

Quoting Diamond (Reply 23):
But your reason for being angry about it isn't.

This should make it obvious....

Quoting Dtwclipper (Reply 19):
Good for you! I'm glad to hear you children have learned something.

It's lack of responsibility that annoys me

WHY are you so determined to 'scold' people whose conduct isn't like what you claim yours to be?

Because they are being irresponsible, to the tune of Sexual Russian Roulette.

What about the woman who has been married for 20 years and thinks she is in a faithful relationship with her husband. She gets HIV because he was actually sleeping around. Is it her "fault" that she didn't demand her own husband to wear a condom? No it isn't.

I hope you aren't trying to intimate anything here. I take my family responsibilities VERY seriously. I see part of those in keeping myself and my wife around long enough to see a couple of grand kids under the right circumstances.

Otherwise so far as your scenario goes.. DUHH of course it's not her fault and I don't fault those who are otherwise truly innocent. My points more involved those that ARE guilty of being fools, and not arguing or pretending to know which are in the majority.

MaverickM11

Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:03 am

Quoting TriStarEnvy (Reply 21):
Even the prudish of people should realize that this is not some "sex" disease, killing sinfully sex crazed deviates, or what not.

Of course not...all I say is that you are free to do whatever you want, as long as you accept the consequences. If you want to have unprotected sex with the Botswanan football team, knock your socks off...but you have to be aware of the potential consequences. It's all about responsibility for your own actions...if everyone was a little more responsible we'd have a lot fewer problems.
E pur si muove -Galileo

TPASXM787

Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:08 am

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 25):
if everyone was a little more responsible we'd have a lot fewer problems.

Bingo. There's no responsibility anymore. It's never anyone's fault. Blame it on the gov't or the guy next door. No one ever does anything wrong  Wink
This is the Last Stop.

dl021

Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:25 am

THat's the same thing as saying that a person who smoked pot should not tell kids they shouldn't do it. We learn from our mistakes and hopefully teach the kids that learning from the mistakes of others is alot less costly.

I'm gonna answer a couple of these questions because I think they are valid and deserve more than one answer.

Because many of the self-afflicted want my tax money to cure them when they knew better in the first place. This is research money that could have been spent elsewhere on diseases that you can't prevent through behavioral modification.

WHY does this matter to you?

See the above answer for the economics 101 answer. The lack of self-discipline and personal responsibility is also troubling and does not make it easier to swallow.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

tristarenvy

Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:35 am

It's all about responsibility for your own actions...if everyone was a little more responsible we'd have a lot fewer problems.

Sadly, our society is now totally blameless for any mistake we make.

It's never OUR fault when we screw up (pardon the pun) but someone else's....
If you don't stand for SOMETHING, you'll fall for ANYTHING.

MaverickM11

Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:51 am

Quoting TriStarEnvy (Reply 28):
It's never OUR fault when we screw up (pardon the pun) but someone else's....

Sad but true...and I've gotten a lot more lenient on whose fault is what. After beeing good friends with a psychiatrist for several years you realize that there are tons of crazy people out there who simply cannot control themselves....they're still the minority however.
E pur si muove -Galileo

NWA742

Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:30 am

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 24):

Lack of personal responsibility annoys a hardcore liberal like you?

You really are a complete nutjob, Ted.

no 

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

TPASXM787

Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:37 am

Quoting DL021 (Reply 27):

Just for clarity's sake, this was dtwclipper's original post. todo es bueno.
This is the Last Stop.

CaptOveur

Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:02 am

I dunno, there are how many members of A.net? We all have to endure your parents choice to not wear a condom. You even bred, spreading the genes to annoy the hell out of who knows how many more people.

Darwin was so wrong about natural selection.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

JAGflyer

Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:21 am

Families with more than 3 kids asking for welfare/social assistance. Ya right lady. Here are some condoms, go have safe sex. My motto "Can't afford the kids, don't have them!"
Support the beer and soda can industry, your recycle old airplanes!

Braybuddy

Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:26 am

I am SO glad you started this thread. I was going to start one along the same lines myself. It is NOT just Americans who are looking for bareback sex. I am astounded by the number of guys here, usually young, who are looking for bareback. I hate to sound like an old fogey, but when I was 18-20 I was quite happy with a snog, cuddle and a wank. Can ANYBODY out there explain the attraction of not using condoms??? I cannot get my head around this at all. . .

[Edited 2005-10-12 00:30:56]

Kyril

Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:47 am

Because many of the self-afflicted want my tax money to cure them when they knew better in the first place. This is research money that could have been spent elsewhere on diseases that you can't prevent through behavioral modification.

Hum ... I'm pretty sure that all the people walking around in winter without wearing enough clothes and catching a cold cost A LOT to insucrance companies. By the way stop driving your car, it causes lungs problems due to pollution.

Do not go tanning on holidays, cause you'll be "guilty" for your future skin cancer...

Humans and sexuality are much more complex than a simple notion or responsibility !
Have you always fastened your seatbelt ? Have you always worn a condom ? Have you always looked to the left and right before crossing a street ?

It's not really a problem of responsibility ! A lot of people still think it's only a gay thing that is far from them...

Seeing where the worst answers come from I now know why America has the most stupid international AIDS policy... (FYI it's based on abstinence and other inapplicable bulls**t, it denies every sexuality but straight and "children producing", a mimic of the pope's policy which led to millions of contaminations).

Kyril HIV+ and pissed by those stupid answers !

MaverickM11

Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:49 am

Quoting JAGflyer (Reply 33):
My motto "Can't afford the kids, don't have them!"

That was in a Michael Jackson song too..."if you can't feed your baby/ then don't have a baby". One of the wiser thing(s) he's said...
E pur si muove -Galileo

kaddyuk

Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:28 am

Quoting JAGflyer (Reply 33):
Families with more than 3 kids asking for welfare/social assistance. Ya right lady. Here are some condoms, go have safe sex. My motto "Can't afford the kids, don't have them!"

There is a difference between not being able to afford kids and those who COULD afford them when they were born but situations a few years later meant they now cant... Sometimes out of their control...
Whoever said "laughter is the best medicine" never had Gonorrhea

diamond

Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:30 pm

Quoting Diamond (Reply 23): WHY does someone's sexual safety (or lack thereof) make you so ANGRY?

I think you've missed my point. There are dozens of examples of how people are irresponsible in life. Welfare fraud, unemployment, food-stamp abuse, opportunitstic lawsuits, bad parenting, drug abuse, etc.

You may feel strongly about those too - but they aren't getting your goat like this subject. I still don't know why THIS hits your hot button.

Quoting Diamond (Reply 23): WHY are you so determined to 'scold' people whose conduct isn't like what you claim yours to be?

Because they are being irresponsible, to the tune of Sexual Russian Roulette.

People who eat too much are irresponsible. People who smoke are irresponsible. People who exceed the speed limit are irresonsible. People who drink and drive are irresponsible. All of these things endanger their own or other people's lives. So where is your rant (with equal passion) about these things?

I hope you aren't trying to intimate anything here. I take my family responsibilities VERY seriously. I see part of those in keeping myself and my wife around long enough to see a couple of grand kids under the right circumstances..

I was not trying to intimate anything about your own sexual conduct. It never even crossed my mind. In fact - it isn't me that is intimating anything here - it is you ... about people with AIDS.

What I AM getting at is the SIZE of your anger on THIS TOPIC, as compared to the size of your anger on other topics.

You have stepped into the occasional spotlight to claim your 'tolerance' for certain gay people at times. But as Shakespeare was known to say, " .. me thinks thou doth protest too much .. ".

You are sending some signals that you have a general disgust with gay people, and the 'lifestyle' you imagine they live. If you are claiming not to be homophobic in any way - then your super-sensitivity to AIDS transmission is out of place.

So just tell us WHAT the big deal is for YOU. Either admit that it is homophobia or tell us what else it really is.

I happen to think - beneath all the words - it really is homophobia. You are too quiet on the other examples of 'irresponsibility'.

Quoting Diamond (Reply 23): WHY does someone's sexual safety (or lack thereof) make you so ANGRY?

Ian, come on. Read the examples I mentioned above of other types of 'irresponsible' conduct. For your entire adult life, you have been subsidizing the incomes of unemployed people on welfare who are truly healthy and able to work. The amount of your personal income that might EVER go to the health needs of an AIDS patient is miniscule compared to what you have already paid into our welfare system. Yet no rant and indignation about that? No - because it's really about homophobia and morality.

Quoting Diamond (Reply 23): WHY does this matter to you?

See the above answer for the economics 101 answer. The lack of self-discipline and personal responsibility is also troubling and does not make it easier to swallow..

And see my above comparison on the same subject. Why has AIDS become the focal point in your campaign for "self-discipline" when there are much larger examples affecting you every day?
Blank.

AR1300

Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:47 pm

Quoting Kyril (Reply 45):
Starting at the age of 14, having between 1 and 10 a week, i'm 24...

So 10 years multiply 52 weeks = 520 weeks

520 weeks at low count (1 per week) gives 520 people.

520 weeks at upper count (10 per week) gives 5200 people

So somewhere between 520 and 5200 but pretty sure it's a 4 digits number.

Quoting Kyril (Reply 35):

You should be pissed by your own actions.You brought that to yourself.
Oh you didn't? so this is a lie....(posted by you in this thread How Many Sexual Partners Have You Had? (by ClassicLover Oct 6 2005 in Non Aviation))

Quoting Newark777 (Reply 1):
And then they come bitch here how it really isn't their fault.

Right on the head.
Shut up.Stop bitching and fucking like a madman, and realize the risk that you are exposing yourself(and others) to.
You can't complaint, you were warned.And if you weren't then come out of that cave that you have been hiding for the past 24 years.

Pleeezeee,  Yeah sure.

Mike
You are now free to move about the cabin

Kyril

Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:14 am

Quoting AR1300 (Reply 39):
You should be pissed by your own actions.You brought that to yourself.
Oh you didn't? so this is a lie...

Dear Mike you do not know how I was contaminated, neither you have the right to tell that kind of things without knowing.
Did I complain ? No.
Ever heard of the papilloma virus ? It's an STD that gives uteral cancers, should we blame all those women for being bad girls ? Tell them: "you bad, now you're punished!"
I should not go as low as your post by justifying on this but I'll do it anyway.
I've been fu*king around for 10 years without having a problem. (Means using a condom). I'm with my boyfriend (he is poz) since 3 years now and once or two we were weak enough to not use a condom and let us make love without barriers. I'm pissed by the reaction of some that are the biggest lessons givers on earth. Most of them are bigots but have forgotten some things written in the bible like "Judgement is up to god" and especially "the one that never mislead himself has to throw the first stone"

Sorry to be a weak human on that case...

The summary you made of my posts is the dumbest shortcut I ever read. It's to be compared with "1 million jobless versus 1 million foreigners, equation is simple"... Sounds populist, extreme etc...
Bravo.

Kyril

[Edited 2005-10-12 21:24:12]

AR1300

Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:37 am

You are still bitching.

Quoting Kyril (Reply 40):
you do not know how I was contaminated

so would you care to explain, if I may??

Mike

Thorben

Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:42 am

Quoting Braybuddy (Reply 34):
Can ANYBODY out there explain the attraction of not using condoms??? I cannot get my head around this at all. . .

I don't understand that either. In Germany HIV is spreading among homosexuals, and I read a shocking article of one man, who has it. He said that other guys wanted him to infect them, because they thought they could really "f*ck around" then. This is insane, I don't know how else to call it. I think there really must be a lack of knowledge, many seem to think that HIV is curable. Other STDs, like syphilis, are spreading in the gay community, too. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to sound anti-gay, but that is what's happening. I guess it's a lack of knowledge and awareness.  frown 

@AR1300: I can't understand how anyone can say what you are saying there.
France 1789; Eastern Germany 1989; Tunisia 2011; Egypt 2011

AR1300

Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:11 am

Quoting Thorben (Reply 42):
@AR1300: I can't understand how anyone can say what you are saying there.

What's so hard to understand??
The guy has had 5000+ homo encounters.
Let me explain this again as it seems as you are not getting the point.
The whole bragging was about people having sex in a irresponsible way thus spreading the virus.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/10/10/051010210156.p09fnvda.html
" Americans are playing a risky game of sexual roulette, according to a new poll that found only 39 percent of respondents always ask a new lover if they are infected with HIV, the virus that causes AIDS.
The new poll by Zogby for MSNBC.com also found that 73 percent of respondents were involved in a monogamous relationship and 66 percent of those surveyed had had unprotected sex while under the influence of alcohol. "

See??ok then
Then we had him complaining that people call him and other HIV+ irresponsible, therefore '' he got tired of those attitudes''.

Quoting Kyril (Reply 35):

See again???Ok....

And now I come to tell him that he could be offended by those answers all he wants for I care, but do not deny the fact that you acted negligently and irresponsibly.And then I proved that with something he posted in a different thread.
I don't really care(but I would like to know...) how he got infected, but the fact that he had 5000+ sexual encounters of the homosexual type is actually a irresponsabilty, due the sad fact of the virus spreading rapidly in this specific comunity and in this specific way(sexual transmision).
See???
So what I did was to show him that he IMO, acted irresponsibly, and because of actions like those people react that way with those kinda comments.
he says "Judgement is up to god" .But you don't have to be Budda, Jesus, Or wathever to realize that you are risking yourself.And then you expect people to not to say nothing???

Instead of showing up attitudes to get a RR, try to post in serious threads like this good things and sincere opinions.Cut that ''OMG how could you BS'', dude.
---------------------------------------------

Sounds populist, extreme etc...

I know that the truth hurts. I'm sorry.
But again, I don't intend to offend but to clarify.Sometimes I use a harsh lenguage, but just to enahnce what I'm trying to say.Is not always easy to write what you think in the way you want.  Smile

Mike

P.S: Today is Yom kippur so I won't reply till tomorrow night, so don't take advantage  Wink

vermeer

Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:35 am

I don't understand that either. In Germany HIV is spreading among homosexuals, and I read a shocking article of one man, who has it. He said that other guys wanted him to infect them, because they thought they could really "f*ck around" then. This is insane, I don't know how else to call it. I think there really must be a lack of knowledge, many seem to think that HIV is curable. Other STDs, like syphilis, are spreading in the gay community, too. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to sound anti-gay, but that is what's happening. I guess it's a lack of knowledge and awareness.

thorben,
I frankly don't know where to start...
what you are highlighting is an extreme corner of a larger phenomenon which in the U.S. is called barebacking and, although very present, does not affect the entire gay community.
I volunteeer in a HIV prevention center and my impression on why barebacking exisits are connected to several factors. 1) young gay men: they believe HIV is a cronic yet treatable disease because so it seems from the press and the new medications on the market. It seems "manageable". So the risk - perceived - is much lower. in addition, being young they do not have friends/lovers who died of AIDS.
2) Older gay men. Here we can talk of "fatigue" disease. After having spent two decades fighting HIV now they care less, or they simply don't care anymore about being infected. They have enough of ACT Up meetings and funerals and basically say "whatever"
3) An epidemy of Crystal Meth users. This recreational drug lowers significantly inhibitions while at the same time increasing the libido. This brings to loosening sex standards which translate into unprotected sex.
Now, zooming away from the gay reality, the straight part of the picture is not pretty at all.
Not many straigh men use condoms. They are "clean" ( in their words). The rapid increase of STD's in the past two years ( gonhorrea, herpes and siphils) is proving that more and more men are not using any protection at all.
I receive telephone calls from pregnant women who turn out to be HIV + and they don't know why ( no blood transfusions, no other sexual patners than their own). Well unfortunatley it is the men who have slep around and have had unprotected sex.

reality is far too complex and facted to be able to sum up it up here in few lines and it seem very clear that many peole don't want to hear all the sides of the story...

Kyril

Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:39 am

Quoting AR1300 (Reply 41):
so would you care to explain, if I may??

Read again my post it's written there.
Is my English that poor that you can't understand what I wrote:

I've been fu*king around for 10 years without having a problem. (Means using a condom). I'm with my boyfriend (he is poz) since 3 years now and once or two we were weak enough to not use a condom and let us make love without barriers.

That's how I became positive.
I have lots of friends who had more partners that I could have in my life that are not positive. I managed to remain safe while having sex, but I had sometimes moments of "abandonment" (don't know if this word is correct) making love with my boyfriend, when neither him or were able to return back to reason. Call that "moments of weakness" if you want, but not irresponsibility.

Start living "any difference" and come back to tell lessons to all of us, go ! I'm waiting.

I'm not angry at anyone about my HIV. I also tell my partners about my status prior to anything.
Even my bigot catholic father understood that ! Why can't you ?

To end this I am complaining that people call me and other HIV+ irresponsible cause they do not even know the story, cause their answers are full of manichaeism and bullsh*t.

The answers you wrote clearly shows that you don't have any respect to anything you don't immediately understand... We can't even call that rationality.

And if you want irresponsibility about AIDS go have a look at the porn industry in the US and the different scandals that occurred about the HIV status of some porn stars recently. That is irresponsibility.

Kyril pissed by such human silliness.

PS: Have a look at the ones that have a "good behavior", the straight guys that fuc*ed no more than 5 different partners... But never used a condom. Responsibility is to understand that saying "abstinence is the answer" is bullsh*t and to face realities, we are talking about humans not machines.

[Edited 2005-10-13 01:01:15]

Kyril

Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:57 am

Other STDs, like syphilis, are spreading in the gay community, too. Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to sound anti-gay, but that is what's happening. I guess it's a lack of knowledge and awareness.

That's true, but in Paris for example it's exactly the same on the straight side even worse ! Gays here usually go more often to doctors and are more screened than other community. STD's concerns everyone, and basically it's worse on the straight side. Gay with multiple partners might be thoughts as the fastest spreading community but it's not, as the vast majority of them know that even with safe sex they could catch little STD's and at the first sight of anything unusual they consult a doctor and call their partners. Straights mostly do not. INVS (Institut National de Veille Sanitaire) the french CDC considers the average "straight with common number of partners" is the most difficult type to treat.

This might change the way some see responsibility.
Kyril

[Edited 2005-10-13 01:14:01]

searpqx

Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:20 am

if everyone was a little more responsible we'd have a lot fewer problems.

checkmark 
It sadden and scares me that the twenty & thirtysomethings of today seem to be forgetting or disregarding everything we learned in the 80s and 90s. The reason infection rates fell amongst gay men was because we learned the lesson the hard way, way too many of us had to die. Now the infection rates are up again, and I'm afraid it's going to take another round of deaths to get the message through.
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity"

TedTAce
Topic Author

Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:48 am

Quoting Diamond (Reply 38):
I think you've missed my point. There are dozens of examples of how people are irresponsible in life.

You missed MY point THIS thread is about AIDS.

You may feel strongly about those too - but they aren't getting your goat like this subject.

I think you haven't researched me enough.. religious  redflag  is my #1 Hot button

I still don't know why THIS hits your hot button.

religious  redflag  is my #1 Hot button

People who eat too much are irresponsible.

People who deny they are doing anything wrong are irresponsible...

So where is your rant (with equal passion) about these things?

Start another thread on those subjects and see where I come in.

What I AM getting at is the SIZE of your anger on THIS TOPIC, as compared to the size of your anger on other topics.

Ummmm your a male... I'm a male... I'm not going to talk about SIZE on the internet with a guy.... guy..

You have stepped into the occasional spotlight to claim your 'tolerance' for certain gay people at times. But as Shakespeare was known to say, " .. me thinks thou doth protest too much .. ".

You REALLY need to learn to differentiate between my disdain for irresponsible behaviour and my attitude towards homosexuals.. IF you wre REALLY paying attention sphincter boy, you'd know that this thread was talking about HETEROSEXUALS.. but alas you must persue the red herring that suits your world best.. tragic... and sad..

You are sending some signals that you have a general disgust with gay people, and the 'lifestyle' you imagine they live. If you are claiming not to be homophobic in any way - then your super-sensitivity to AIDS transmission is out of place.

redflag 

You are too quiet on the other examples of 'irresponsibility'.

redflag  You haven't read enough of my posts, and once again this thread was started talking about Hetero, not homo.

alberchico

Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:09 am

If a guy tells a girl that he feels they should both get tested before doing it, the girl will most likely feel insulted and leave. Also you have to remember the attitude that most youngsters have ( No ,it won't happen to me)
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !