Mir
Topic Author

What To Do In Or Around STR?

Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:02 pm

My dad will have a few days to spend in STR, and he asked me what I would recommend doing. I have no clue, so I thought I'd forward the question here.

Any recommendations?

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

NoUFO

RE: What To Do In Or Around STR?

Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:34 pm

Suttgart? He should catch a train and escape to Freiburg or Baden Baden (one or two hours respectively). I'm not really kidding; not that Stuttgart is one awful city, but Freiburg and the Black Forest or Baden Baden are both worth a visit.

On second thoughts: Visit Mercedes or Porsche?
I support the right to arm bears

HT

Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:45 pm

Some info:
On http://www.flughafen-stuttgart.de there´s information about the visitors terrace. Unfortunately this menu-entry is only present in the German-speaking version of this website (menu path: Erlebniswelt - Besucherterasse): open 0900-1800h during winter, 2€, located on level 5 in T3, includes a museum at the visitors terrace. (use the "Terminal guide" on the website in language EN).

A pic taken from there see: HLX New Route: STR-HAJ, With 3.5hrs Delay And Pics (by Ndebele Sep 15 2005 in Trip Reports)

For spotting locations around the perimeter: I´ll leave this to the local guys.
-HT

EDIT: Oh, were you asking for things to do APART from spotting ? Sorry, no info ...

[Edited 2005-10-12 08:47:19]
Carpe diem ! Life is too short to waste your time ! Keep in mind, that today is the first day of the rest of your life !

Mir
Topic Author

Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:53 pm

Quoting HT (Reply 2):
EDIT: Oh, were you asking for things to do APART from spotting ?

Yeah. If I were going, I'd certainly do some spotting. But I'm the only one in my family who can voluntarily sit around looking at planes for more than five minutes.  Smile

Thanks for the suggestions.

-Mir
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

aloges

Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:17 pm

Well he could always take a train to that tourist trap I live in, Heidelberg. It's about 1:45 hrs. and one connection from the airport, but of course he'd be highly likely to get slightly ironic "Oh... Highdlburrk... how unusual!" comments upon his return.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.