TedTAce
Topic Author

"Beaming Up" Scotty..

Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:42 am

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/1.../14/doohan.remains.reut/index.html
Remains of Star Trek's 'Scotty' headed for space
"Doohan's cremated remains will be packed into a special tube that is ejected from the rocket and expected to orbit Earth for about 50 to 200 years before plunging into the planet's atmosphere and burning up.

Fans can post tributes to Doohan at the Space Services Web site. Those messages will be digitized, packed with "Scotty" and blasted into space."
This space intentionally left blank

satx

RE: "Beaming Up" Scotty..

Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:50 am

Quoting TedTAce (Thread starter):
expected to orbit Earth for about 50 to 200 years before plunging into the planet's atmosphere and burning up.

Doesn't seem worth the effort. Why do people waste their resources on stupid junk like this? If it had been up to me, I would have fed his dead body to some sharks or something amusing like that. Would only have cost a few hours boat rental and the memories would have lasted a lifetime.
Open Season on Consumer Protections is Just Around the Corner...

TedTAce
Topic Author

Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:53 am

Quoting SATX (Reply 1):
If it had been up to me, I would have fed his dead body to some sharks or something amusing like that. Would only have cost a few hours boat rental and the memories would have lasted a lifetime.

Though I somewhat agree with your first sentence....Why don't we resuscitate him long enough for you to call the Enterprise a garbage scowl, and him to kick your ASS!?!

satx

Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:20 am

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 2):

Though I somewhat agree with your first sentence....Why don't we resuscitate him long enough for you to call the Enterprise a garbage scowl, and him to kick your ASS!?!

I've got nothing against Scotty. I just think that spending lots of time, effort, and money on human remains is a complete waste. When I'm dead you can do whatever you want with what's left of my body and it will have no impact on me.

Besides, a resuscitated geriatric zombie might find kicking my ass more than a little difficult.

TedTAce
Topic Author

Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:21 am

Quoting SATX (Reply 3):

Besides, a resuscitated geriatric zombie might find kicking my ass more than a little difficult.

That's not what BAB thinks  rotfl 

theCoz

Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:31 am

Quoting SATX (Reply 1):
I would have fed his dead body to some sharks or something amusing like that. Would only have cost a few hours boat rental and the memories would have lasted a lifetime.

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

That's a good idea. I might put that in my will. We could video tape it and play it on A.net's Non-Av.  hyper 

Before I would have said: put me in a pine box and bury me under a tree or soemthing...but the shark idea sounds way more interesting.

Quoting SATX (Reply 3):

I'm getting a pretty unusual mental image on this one.  rotfl 

TedTAce
Topic Author

Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:41 am

Quoting TheCoz (Reply 5):
Before I would have said: put me in a pine box and bury me under a tree or soemthing...but the shark idea sounds way more interesting.

We don't have to wait for you to die to feed you to the sharks.

Signed,

100% of A.net

ANCFlyer

Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:46 am

Quoting SATX (Reply 1):
Why do people waste their resources on stupid junk like this? If it had been up to me, I would have fed his dead body to some sharks or something amusing like that. Would only have cost a few hours boat rental and the memories would have lasted a lifetime.

What an ass.

Quoting SATX (Reply 3):
I just think that spending lots of time, effort, and money on human remains is a complete waste.

It's not your time, energy or money, what the fuck do you care . . . .
Edited for content: You're not worth the ban . . .

[Edited 2005-10-15 23:47:10]
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

777236ER

Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:40 am

Didn't he father a child in his 70s? How nice of him to give that child a life without a father.
Your bone's got a little machine

satx

Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:49 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 7):
It's not your time, energy or money, what the fuck do you care . . . .

For reasons that elude me completely, you seem unusually concerned about what I happen to think. In fact, you just can't seem to keep quiet about it. Your routine use of expletives only goes to show how weak your debating skills have become. Maybe it's time for the attention-craving old cranks among us to move along and make their way to http://www.aarp.org/ where they can run-out the clock in peace.

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 7):
Edited for content: You're not worth the ban . . .

Good thing you came to your senses. Without A.net what sort of life would you have? I guess you could go native and hang out with the wolves and bears. Don't forget to leave a camcorder running so we can see the result.

ANCFlyer

Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:13 am

Quoting SATX (Reply 9):
Your routine use of expletives only goes to show how weak your debating skills have become.

I want to keep my conversation at a level you can understand . . . wouldn't want to overtax that gelatinous matter between your ears any more than necessary . . .

Quoting SATX (Reply 9):
Maybe it's time for the attention-craving old cranks among us to move along

See ya, don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Quoting SATX (Reply 9):
For reasons that elude me completely, you seem unusually concerned about what I happen to think.

Nope . . . only when you make ridiculous comments like you did here. I usually disregard what you say as utter nonsense, but occasionally, a comment is necessary. This was one of those occasions. Hell, sometimes you even make sense . . . not often mind you, but occasionally  wink 
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

We're Nuts

Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:02 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 10):
I want to keep my conversation at a level you can understand . . . wouldn't want to overtax that gelatinous matter between your ears any more than necessary . . .

ANCFlyer, you are always an arrogant prick no matter who you are talking to. I don't think our gelatinous matter has anything to fear from your words. I dare you to enter a debate with dignity and prose instead of the four-letter words and personal attacks that have become your norm - now there's a thread I'd enjoy being in on.
Dear moderators: No.

ANCFlyer

Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:06 am

Quoting We're Nuts (Reply 11):
ANCFlyer, you are always an arrogant prick no matter who you are talking to.

Yup, and I've admitted as much. What's your point?

Quoting We're Nuts (Reply 11):
I dare you to enter a debate with dignity and prose instead of the four-letter words and personal attacks that have become your norm - now there's a thread I'd enjoy being in on.

But then the likes of you and SATX and B744F would be completely lost. What would be the fun in that?

We're Nuts

Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:34 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 12):
But then the likes of you and SATX and B744F would be completely lost. What would be the fun in that?

Can't do it, huh?

CaptOveur

Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:42 pm

Make with the Beam Me up, Douchebike.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

ANCFlyer

Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:38 pm

Quoting We're Nuts (Reply 13):
Can't do it, huh?

Hey Look!!!! Quote funtion of your wasted posts actually works now!!!

I dunno, give it a shot, start a thread, see if I can get through it without calling you a fucktard (theoretically of course) or making fun of someone's mother . . . . might be interesting . . . .

Still, as I've said before, you should expect an arrogant reponse, and I have no regrets. What separates me from the likes of you and the other individuals I mentioned is that I will readily admit error and will profit from the mistake in that I learn something . . . . you'll continue (as will SATX and B744F) . . . damn that ain't fair . . . no WAY I should lump you and SATX in the same category as B744F . . . . okay, rephrase . . . .

Still as I've said before, you expect an arrogant reponse, and I have no regrets. What separates the men from the boys, in htis case the ANCFlyers from the We're Fucked is that we can back it up . . . . simple as that.

The ball is in your court . . . . . the game is on.

satx

Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:52 pm

I've met a lot of deluded folks on various internet forums over the years, but ANCFlyer really takes the take. Rarely have I seen someone who is so routinely abrasive in their posts while at the same time being so incredibly critical toward those who disagree with them. ANCFlyer is the ultimate hypocrite and all his endless claims about being fair and playing strait are nothing more than thinly veiled lip service intended to deflect any honest criticism of his actions.

Everyone crosses the line once in a while, but ANCFlyer does it with such regularity and with such obvious pride that I honestly think the forum would be better off without him. Many users have been suspended for less than what ANCFlyer routinely gets away with. This sort of privileged status that a few select members seem to enjoy doesn't benefit the community in any way that I can see and the sooner it ends the better, for all of us.

ANCFlyer

Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:11 pm

Quoting SATX (Reply 16):
I've met a lot of deluded folks on various internet forums over the years, but ANCFlyer really takes the take. Rarely have I seen someone who is so routinely abrasive in their posts while at the same time being so incredibly critical toward those who disagree with them. ANCFlyer is the ultimate hypocrite and all his endless claims about being fair and playing strait are nothing more than thinly veiled lip service intended to deflect any honest criticism of his actions.

Geez, thank you!!! bette rthan being a "Me-Too" POS which tends to prevail here . . . you included.

I'll give you credit though . . . and claim "victory" in the fight . . . if I weren't middle of the road, centrist, self-thinking individual you wouldn't have even posted that last line of crap . . . thanks for that. As for thin veils, any time you're ready for a shot at the title, have at it. I made the invitation before. If all you can do is continue in your rant . . . well, who looks like a moroon now????

As you said above, start your own thread . . . I'll play along, until you get ridiculously stupid (reply #2) or I get bored . . . arrogant . . . yes . . . you're damned right . . . and who the hell are you to tell me different . . . .

Have at it . . .

CaptOveur

Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:14 pm

Someone please bust out the violin for SATX.

It isn't WHAT someone says that gets them banned, its how they say it. ANC expresses himself in a mature (enough) manner and that is why he is still here.

ANCFlyer

Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:37 pm

Quoting CaptOveur (Reply 18):
CaptOveur From United States, joined May 2004, 4277 posts, RR: 33
Reply 18, posted Sun Oct 16 2005 08:14:12 UTC+2 and read 1 times:

Someone please bust out the violin for SATX

No violin handy . . . but here ya go . . . it works for other simple minded folk . . . perhaps it's appropriate here as well . . .

This is what I just did to your post . . . .

Have a nice night . . .

Luv . . .

ANCFlyer . . .

bigthumbsup 

iowaman

Sun Oct 16, 2005 4:08 pm

Oh, I thought we were making plans to send scottysair into space to never return.  Smile  Wink

We're Nuts

Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:44 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 15):

Good, now hands off my name, asshole.

We're Fucked

Whoops!

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 17):
I'll play along, until you get ridiculously stupid (reply #2) or I get bored

Are you two years old? It isn't my job to entertain you here, and you aren't obligated to throw a  hissyfit  the minute I fail in distracting you from your colic.

ANC expresses himself in a mature (enough) manner

See above:

ANCFlyer

Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:16 pm

You crack me up Nutjob . . . easy to spin you up . . .

Quoting We're Nuts (Reply 21):
It isn't my job to entertain you here,

You do so well though . . .

Relax a bit, it's only the internet Nutsy.

Logan22L

Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:17 am

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 2):
call the Enterprise a garbage scowl

Nice typo, Ted! BTW, it's scow, but that was a classic scene. Certainly Scotty had more than a scowl in that scene.
"The deeper you go, the higher you fly. The higher you fly, the deeper you go."

ANCFlyer

Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:19 am

Quoting Logan22L (Reply 23):
Nice typo, Ted! BTW, it's scow, but that was a classic scene. Certainly Scotty had more than a scowl in that scene.

One of the best scenes in all of the original series. On Space Station K-7. The first appearance of Cyrano Jones. And the first appearance of Tribbles.

aloges

Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:25 am

Quoting SATX (Reply 16):
ANCFlyer is the ultimate hypocrite and all his endless claims about being fair and playing strait are nothing more than thinly veiled lip service intended to deflect any honest criticism of his actions.

rotfl  I think we've got so many "ultimate hypocrites" on a.net by now you couldn't even count them if you had an ENIAC!
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Logan22L

Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:31 am

Hey ANC:  Wink
"William Shatner: You know, before I answer any more questions there's something I wanted to say. Having received all your letters over the years, and I've spoken to many of you, and some of you have traveled... y'know... hundreds of miles to be here, I'd just like to say... GET A LIFE, will you people? I mean, for crying out loud, it's just a TV show! I mean, look at you, look at the way you're dressed! You've turned an enjoyable little job, that I did as a lark for a few years, into a COLOSSAL WASTE OF TIME!

[ a crowd of shocked and dismayed Trekkies.... ]

I mean, how old are you people? What have you done with yourselves?

[ to "Ears" ] You, you must be almost 30... have you ever kissed a girl?

[ "Ears" hangs his head ]

I didn't think so! There's a whole world out there! When I was your age, I didn't watch television! I LIVED! So... move out of your parent's basements! And get your own apartments and GROW THE HELL UP! I mean, it's just a TV show dammit, IT'S JUST A TV SHOW!"

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/86/86hgetalife.phtml
"The deeper you go, the higher you fly. The higher you fly, the deeper you go."

TedTAce
Topic Author

Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:46 am

You can thank me and Johan... I brought it up in SR.

ANCFlyer

Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:14 am

Ha Ha Ha . . . TedT, I heard that Shatner gig before . . . man he made no friends that day.

Don't get me wrong, I like Trek, but I do NOT have a Mr. Spock suit hanging in the closet. I do have a pretty cool telephone and a couple of Trek watches that I got as gifts . . . .  biggrin 

CaptOveur

Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:08 am

Quoting We're Nuts (Reply 21):
ANC expresses himself in a mature (enough) manner

See above:

Actually, compared to many on this site.. that is very mature. 100% within the rules.

TedTAce
Topic Author

Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:32 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 28):
I do have a pretty cool telephone and a couple of Trek watches that I got as gifts . . . . biggrin

That's 3 more ST Items of any sort then I have, unless you count a STNG Cutaway that I never bothered to take out of a popular science magazine from 10,000 years ago.

We're Nuts

Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:13 am

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 27):

Good call, thanks. goodvibes 

Quoting CaptOveur (Reply 29):
Actually, compared to many on this site.. that is very mature. 100% within the rules.

I don't want him banned, I want him to quit fucking around with my name!

ANCFlyer

Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:29 am

Quoting TedTAce (Reply 27):

We're Nuts profile still doesn't work though . . . .

No Such Member We%27re%20Nuts
There is no such username registered in the Airliners.net discussion forum.

Quoting We're Nuts (Reply 31):
I want him to quit fucking around with my name!

I'll see what I can do . . . .

CaptOveur

Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:30 am

Quoting We're Nuts (Reply 31):
I want him to quit fucking around with my name!

Good luck

We're Nuts

Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:37 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 32):

I can get into my profile.

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies....

ANCFlyer

Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:42 am

Quoting We're Nuts (Reply 34):

I can get into my profile.

I don't think anyone else can . . . I know I can't . . .

No Such Member We%27re%20Nuts
There is no such username registered in the Airliners.net discussion forum

That's what I get when I click on "User Profile".

Quoting We're Nuts (Reply 34):

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies....

I may be a (edit: arrogant)(just for you We're Nuts) silly  prick, but I'm good to my word. . . .

[Edited 2005-10-17 01:44:41]

We're Nuts

Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:48 am

Everyone flood my profile with hits! And while you're there, add me to your respected users list.  Wink

Kieron747

Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:14 am

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 28):
But I do NOT have a Mr. Spock suit hanging in the closet.

Shame ANC, because I do.

I like my Mr Spock outfit but I prefer my Captain Janeway uniform, the starfleet badge/communicator sits very nicely on my left breast.

We often have parties at my trailer in Scottsdale where we all dress up as Star Trek characters. My favourite is when my friend, David, dresses up as Picard and when he says "Make it so!" I sure as hell give him full Impulse Power on his nacelle.

If anyone's interested in joining our little soiree, IM me as soon as possible, and we'll all be going "Where no stable and sane man has gone before!"

Signed,

TheCoz
Airliners.Net - The Jam Rag Of The Web.

theCoz

Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:47 am

Here's Kieron747 and his friends 'partying' on the weekend.

http://www.devilducky.com/media/9271/