FLVILLA
Topic Author

Uni Open Days

Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:59 am

Hey Folks !

Just wandering if there are any other a.netters looking at Uni's for 2006 and if you've been to any open days yet and if so, what did you think ??

I went to the Open Day at London Metropolitan today, I'm interested in the Aviation Management courses they offer. Very good facilities and nice atmosphere. Also went to BCUC (Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College) on Wednesday for there open day, again looking at aviation related courses. Going to TVU (Thames Valley University) next Saturday too.

FLVILLA  bouncy 
I hope in life i can work to live, not live to work

mhodgson

RE: Uni Open Days

Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:23 am

Watch out for BCUC (I applied to those 3, too for the same courses) as I hear you have to pay extra fees as a result of it's university college status. I only went to 2 Open Days, both once I had received offers. I visited Loughborough and London City (both offer Aviation Management courses), and selected them as my first and second choices.

Don't be tempted by Leeds; I know someone who went on their management course. He said it is mostly physics, along with parts stolen from other departments. He didn't recommend it!
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced