BR715-A1-30
Topic Author

Mother Drowns 3 Children

Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:13 am

SAN FRANCISCO - The Coast Guard resumed searching for two missing children Thursday, a day after their mother allegedly threw them into San Francisco Bay near Fishermen's Wharf. The body of a third sibling was recovered.

ADVERTISEMENT

The mother, Lashaun Harris, 23, of Oakland, was booked on three counts of murder, the San Francisco Chronicle reported Thursday. Her children were identified as Trayshaun Harris, 6, Travante Greely, 3, and Joshua Harris, 1.

More at http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051020/ap_on_re_us/children_in_bay

Just sick...
Puhdiddle

jetjack74

RE: Mother Drowns 3 Children

Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:31 am

Great, another Andrea Yates.
Made from jets!

pilot kaz

Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:38 am

Stick the evil bitch and a washing machine....
-

WellHung

Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:38 am

Dude, that's messed up. But where does the article state that she drowned them?

jaysit

Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:42 am

Quoting WellHung (Reply 3):
Dude, that's messed up. But where does the article state that she drowned them?

Dude. She threw a bunch of infants into SF bay. Did she expect them to swim back to shore, or have sea lions rescue them from a certain death by drowning? Come on.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

WellHung

Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:48 am

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 4):
Dude. She threw a bunch of infants into SF bay. Did she expect them to swim back to shore, or have sea lions rescue them from a certain death by drowning? Come on.

Sorry, but I don't see the problem with being accurate in posting this article. Do you?

She certainly killed her kids, but she didn't drown them.

theCoz

Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:53 am

Quoting WellHung (Reply 5):

Allowing them to drown is the same thing as drowning them.

AeroWesty

Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:57 am

It didn't say her children died from their impact on the water either, the most common cause of death from a leap off the Golden Gate Bridge, even though fully-grown adults have been known to survive that.

Her intent was for them to die by drowning. She didn't have to hold them underwater, only knowingly put them in harm's way. That's my moral read on it.

I can't believe we even have to discuss this. The washing machine treatment Kaz proposed even seems somewhat light to me for 3 counts of what should be murder one infanticide in my book.
International Homo of Mystery

WellHung

Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:01 am

Quoting TheCoz (Reply 6):
Allowing them to drown is the same thing as drowning them.

Who are you, TheCoz, Esq.?

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 7):
Her intent was for them to die by drowning.

Indeed.

Quoting AeroWesty (Reply 7):
She didn't have to hold them underwater, only knowingly put them in harm's way. That's my moral read on it.

Well, the definition of 'drown' is in conflict with your moral read. The children drowned because of the mother's actions and yes, it sounds like she should be charged with three counts of murder. But she did not drown them.

jaysit

Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:16 am

Quoting WellHung (Reply 8):
But she did not drown them.

Ok. She tossed them into the ocean, thus causing them to be drowned.

End of story.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

theCoz

Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:18 am

Quoting WellHung (Reply 8):
Who are you, TheCoz, Esq.?

Since when did I imply that? It's common logic, and if you can't see it, you should probably finish up that GED.  Wink

LY744

Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:49 am

Is it just me, or was there way more outrage on this board when that chick put her cat in the washing machine?

LY744.
Pacifism only works if EVERYBODY practices it

aloges

Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:53 am

Quoting LY744 (Reply 11):
Is it just me, or was there way more outrage on this board when that chick put her cat in the washing machine?

No, it's not just you. Personally I'm waiting for the first "Make her die a slow and painful death!!!" replies and the name-calling aimed at anti-death penalty folks like me.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

ltbewr

Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:59 am

Per some news reports, this woman apparently has had serious mental health problems and was under medication. I do hope she is incarcerated for the rest of her life with no parole and gets mental health treatment.

WellHung

Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:30 am

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 9):
Ok. She tossed them into the ocean, thus causing them to be drowned.

No, she tossed them into the ocean, thus causing them to drown.

As a wannabe lawyer, you should recognize the distinction.

Quoting TheCoz (Reply 10):
It's common logic,

Sorry, but common logic would dictate that one first understand what the word means. Once you familiarize yourself with the English language, I'll welcome your input.

PIA777

Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:33 pm

I really don't understand such evil people. My wife and I are trying to have kids
and people like that evil lady had 3 and killed them. I don't understand.

PIA777
GO CUBS!!

BR715-A1-30
Topic Author

Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:22 am

Kinda reminds me of Susan Smith 11 years ago...
Puhdiddle

AirWillie6475

Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:52 am

Let me guess, she's Jewish? Oh, she's not? What a surprise!

theCoz

Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:11 am

Quoting WellHung (Reply 14):
Sorry, but common logic would dictate that one first understand what the word means. Once you familiarize yourself with the English language, I'll welcome your input.

Perhaps using your brain to determine the fact that I am not referring to the new common logic standards would be a good idea. In the context where I use it, I am referring to logic of the common populace -- the same group of people who make up juries.

Let's just say this woman dropped her children off a 50 story building. According to your misguided thinking, she's only guilty of dropping them, not killing them. Ya, that makes sense.  Yeah sure

WellHung

Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:23 am

Quoting TheCoz (Reply 18):
. In the context where I use it, I am referring to logic of the common populace -- the same group of people who make up juries.

So you mean the average moron? Yeah, that suits your thinking quite well. But many of us would prefer to look at the facts and actual definitions and not deal in ambiguosness and an attempt by someone who has no understanding of the case to modify the facts to suit his earlier errors in comprehension.

It doesn't matter how you look at it, she didn't drown her children. To claim otherwise is, well, typical of the average moron.

Quoting TheCoz (Reply 18):
According to your misguided thinking, she's only guilty of dropping them, not killing them. Ya, that makes sense. Yeah sure

You must have missed this one.

From your above error/omission, it is clear that either:

1. You did not read the facts in the article and the thread
2. You do not understand the facts as they are presented above

Either way, you disqualify yourself from providing accurate input to the topic at hand. So you can continue to make yourself look foolish or just give up now and save some face.

theCoz

Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:40 pm

Quoting WellHung (Reply 19):
So you mean the average moron?

The success of the United States is based on what the 'average moron' thinks... Do you consider the US successful? I do.

So you mean the average moron? Yeah, that suits your thinking quite well.

It does suit my thinking well. I don't consider 'average' people morons.

and an attempt by someone who has no understanding of the case to modify the facts to suit his earlier errors in comprehension

Are you living on another planet?

I read the same article that you did; it's just that you don't understand the world behind it.

How well do you know this person who dumped their children in the water of the bay? Can you vouch for her character?

How many people do you know who have schizophrenia? Can you characterize their behavior off the top of your head?

So, did this woman drop her children in the bay? Yes. Did her actions lead directly to the death of her children? Yes. Is she guilty? We don't know yet, but she's got a head start with the insanity plea.

Hung, give me just one point I cannot dispute, that's it. Don't waste my bandwidth with more ignorant garbage.

Aeroflot777

Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:48 pm

Yes it truly was a sad day for us here in SF! I couldn't believe it. I was in downtown San Francisco when it happened, and felt terrible when I heard it on the news. Just horrific!

Aeroflot777

WellHung

Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:24 am

Quoting TheCoz (Reply 20):
The success of the United States is based on what the 'average moron' thinks...

Exactly... and look wh our President is...

But your attempt to change the subject to some type of psychoanalysis (read: distract from your previous errors and shortcomings) because you can't dispute the above facts tells me you've given up. Next time just keep it shut and save yourself the bandwidth... and embarassment.

LY744

Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:10 am

4 days later, and, sure enough, still not nearly as many replies or as much outrage as the cat-in-the-washing-machine thread. Go figure.

LY744.
Pacifism only works if EVERYBODY practices it

Superfly

Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:01 am

Quoting Aeroflot777 (Reply 21):
Yes it truly was a sad day for us here in SF! I couldn't believe it. I was in downtown San Francisco when it happened, and felt terrible when I heard it on the news. Just horrific!

I was looking out my office window as helicopters and police boats wear searching the area. This poor excuss for a human should rot in hell for this!
Bring back the Concorde

art

Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:28 am

Quoting PIA777 (Reply 15):
I don't understand.

I doubt that anyone will ever understand, hard as they may try, including the mother.

Some have described her as evil. If being mentally ill is evil, she sounds evil to me. If being mentally ill is not evil, she does not sound evil to me.

theCoz

Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:41 am

Quoting WellHung (Reply 22):
your attempt to change the subject to some type of psychoanalysis (read: distract from your previous errors and shortcomings) because you can't dispute the above facts tells me you've given up. Next time just keep it shut and save yourself the bandwidth... and embarassment.

psychoanalysis?  laughing 

I'm not going to argue with a fool. Like I said before, use that chimpanze-like brain of yours to try and come up with something logical.

Pope

Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:52 am

Quoting WellHung (Reply 14):
No, she tossed them into the ocean, thus causing them to drown.

As a wannabe lawyer, you should recognize the distinction.

Hung, actually the law presumes that a person intends the normal consequence of their action.

Therefore, there is no legal distinction between she downed them by tossing them into the ocean versus she literally held them under the water and drowned them herself - at least relative to the murder charge. The degree of murder might differ according to whether the act was intentional, criminally negligent, premeditated etc. . .
Hypocrisy. It's the new black for liberals.

WellHung

Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:59 am

Quoting TheCoz (Reply 26):
psychoanalysis?

Yeah, is that too big of a word for you?

And now you are turning to insults - the last resort for an outmatched man.  Sad  Sad

Quoting Pope (Reply 27):
Hung, actually the law presumes that a person intends the normal consequence of their action.

I guess that could be an explanation for the confusion of our 'lawyer' friend above. Unfortunately, it cannot be used to explain away Coz-esque ignorance of English.

theCoz

Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:38 am

I don't know what you're trying to prove, Hung, but it's rather comical to watch you try.

WellHung

Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:32 am

Well, there's your problem, you're too busy trying to figure out what other people are trying to 'prove'. First, stop thinking this is some kind of contest. Then stop thinking that everyone is trying to 'prove' something, which leads to you trying to prove something. Finally, open up a dictionary and end the discussion all on your own... like a good boy.

Nancy

Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:00 am

It's pretty sad that her family tried to have her committed and that she was turned away. There's something seriously wrong with our mental health system. There's no doubt there's something wrong with the mother, but it doesn't appear that she did it for personal gain. I know it's an unpopular idea, but people with serious psychiatric conditions need much more supervision than they are getting.