HAWK21M
Topic Author

Aksai Chin - Why No One Talks Of It

Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:10 am

Most People knows about the Kashmir Dispute......But Why no one talks about
Aksai Chin & the Land surrendered by Pakistan to china. The Kashmir Talks only discuss POK & J&K.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

AeroWesty

RE: Aksai Chin - Why No One Talks Of It

Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:15 am

Quoting HAWK21M (Thread starter):
But Why no one talks about
Aksai Chin & the Land surrendered by Pakistan to china

Perhaps because there's no current danger of conflict?

From your link:

Both sides in the dispute have agreed to respect the Line of Actual Control and this dispute is considered very unlikely to result in actual hostilities.
International Homo of Mystery

HAJFlyer

Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:20 am

Quoting HAWK21M (Thread starter):
But Why no one talks about
Aksai Chin & the Land surrendered by Pakistan to china

India and China are both on their way to become economic powerhouses (or have already done so). By commenting on this conflict foreigners would run the risk of offending an important trading partner so they consider it in their best national interest to keep their mouths shut as long as the conflict doesnt escalate in an extreme way.

Just my  twocents 

jaysit

Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:26 am

Because its a giant glacier, largely uninhabited, and fought over by India and China at a time when both were desperately poor and were trying to claim greatness through the ideological prism of military prowess.

At this point, its not worth fighting over. China will never cede it to India for at least another 50 years, or until the level of trade between the 2 countries reaches a level approaching Sino-US trade - at which point irritants like Aksai chin become less important. India, in its efforts to become a global economic power, has no interest in bringing up the issue and scaring off global investors by such sabre-rattling.

Frankly, its best left alone. Yet another hopeless event linked inextricably with the best-forgotten Nehruvian ideology.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

HAWK21M
Topic Author

Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:17 pm

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 3):
China will never cede it to India for at least another 50 years

I dont think China has ever ceeded Territory to any Country instead its always been the Reverse.Be it Tibet,Hong Kong or Taiwan  Smile
Great Wall Of China
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)