apollo13

Cal Train And Santa Cruz

Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:07 pm

Hey everyone. In about 3 weeks. I am planning on having a bonfire in Santa Cruz for my senior friends and to celebrate our senior year. Now I was wondering if there was any conection to Santa Cruz from the Cal Train station at Gilroy. If anyone has ANY information AT ALL!!! Please help me out.

lindy field

RE: Cal Train And Santa Cruz

Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:26 pm

Amtrak used to (and probably still does) run a bus service from the main train station in San Jose to Santa Cruz. Unfortunately, there's no direct rail service over the mountains to SC.

maury

RE: Cal Train And Santa Cruz

Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:01 am

Hey Apollo--

Santa Cruz Metro and VTA run a service from SJ Caltrain (Diridon/Cahill Stn.) over the hill to Santa Cruz MetroCenter, right downtown...except they don't. Not now anyway--big bus strike in Santa Cruz. Check www.santacruzsentinel.com or www.scmtd.com for strike details.
You CAN, however, walk about 5 blocks east from the SJ train station and catch one of Greyhound's (few) trips to Santa Cruz; Greyhound is on Almaden Avenue between San Fernando and Santa Clara Streets. That's what a lot of people are doing to connect between train and Santa Cruz during the strike. Remember, strike means no buses at all in SC, so no local service either.
Hopefully the strike will be over by the time you have your bonfire, *and* it won't be raining yet.  Smile Good luck!