runway23

Anybody Ever Been Killed In Your Building

Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:34 pm

An acquaintance of mine told me that three weeks after moving into his new building someone was murdered (don't know if it is a coincidence or not).

Fortunately, nobody in my building has ever been killed to this day. Have you ever been unfortunate enough to have been living in a building where somebody was killed?

UTA_flyinghigh

RE: Anybody Ever Been Killed In Your Building

Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:38 pm

That almost happened in your building when some fool turned on the TV and its maximum volume at 7:30 AM on a Sunday morning.

UTA  checkeredflag 
Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards

runway23

Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:40 pm

Quoting UTA_flyinghigh (Reply 1):
That almost happened in your building when some fool turned on the TV and its maximum volume at 7:30 AM on a Sunday morning.

Indeed the rhaat was fuming. However revenge was taken by turning the hot water off whilst the aforementioned fool was taking a very long shower.

oldeuropean

Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:52 pm

The one guy was pro B and the other pro A.

So, what do you expect to happen?
It happened how it has to happen.
Be happy, that we guys here in the a.net sit at opposite parts of the world.

Axel Big grin
Wer nichts weiss muss alles glauben

VSlover

Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:21 pm

well one month before i moved into one building, someone was stabbed to death on the couch in the lobby in my building--some homeless man came in and stabbed a woman who was waiting for her boyfriend to come down. but i didnt hear about it until after i moved in.

then one month after i moved out of that building a person was found killed and chopped up to fit into a trunk that was found on the sidewalk in front of my building.

what can i say, it was par for the east village in manhattan.

saxdiva

Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:31 pm

Nobody that *I'll* admit to...  bitelip 

baylorairbear

Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:42 pm

Quoting Oldeuropean (Reply 3):
The one guy was pro B and the other pro A.

Who won Big grin

When I was little, my dad got a really good deal on a house. There had been a murder/suicide in it, and nothing had been cleaned up. My dad was a contractor, so he just replaced the sheet rock and carpet himself. I never saw the aftermath, but I hear it was quite gruesome. It was nothing for my dad, though, because he was a "crazy Vietnam vet."

BAB
I'm just skipping stones...

ArmitageShanks

Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:13 am

The guy who we bought our house from lost his wife and mother in that US Airways 737 crash at LaGuardia.

They were the only ones killed.

jpetekyxmd80

Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:19 am

There was a suicide on the floor above in my dorm not even a week after moving in. A very sad event indeed.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

fubar37

Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:23 am

There was a murder in the Bank in the lobby of the building that my girlfriend and I live in now that happend the week that we moved in. It was one of the tellers that was shot. Very unusual for the town I live in.

JeffSFO

Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:24 am

This doesn't quite fit the criteria, but I worked on the same floor of this building where a mass murder took place a some years before:

http://www.zpub.com/sf/1993/ferrib.html

Allegedly, there are still bullet holes and faint traces of blood on the sheetrock in the utility stairwell where it ended. We used that stairwell all the time to go between floors but I never noticed anything. I didn't even know that our floor is where the shooting took place (it's occupied by a different company now) until a security officer told us about it one day.

Also, I've had two neighbors die in my apartment building and we only have three flats. Within a couple of years of eachother, on the floor above there was an elderly woman who passed away and on the floor below a woman my age passed away from leukemia.  tombstone 

Otherwise, we've been spared from any foul play.

-Jeff

SlamClick

Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:25 am

"In my building" How very urban.  Smile

A really famous double murder in California took place about two hundred yards from me and I never knew it until the police cars swarmed the area. I had just been hiking in that area minutes before.
Happiness is not seeing another trite Ste. Maarten photo all week long.

CaptOveur

Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:28 am

The apartment complex where we used to live had a triple murder and an unrelated suicide a couple years before we moved in. The strange part: It was in a good neighborhood.
Things were better when it was two guys in a dorm room.

HAWK21M

Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:28 am

Quoting SlamClick (Reply 11):
I had just been hiking in that area minutes before

Were you treated as a Suspect  Smile
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

baylorairbear

Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:33 am

Quoting JpetekYXMD80 (Reply 8):
There was a suicide

That reminds me:
In my first apartment, I had a neighbor named Josh (my name) that lived right behind me in the same building. We were the same age, both went to Baylor, etc. One day he just dropped dead in his apt. The story was covered by several local news stations. You can imagine the frenzy my family was in because I only check in about once a week. I got quite a few calls from school mates as well. I guess that would've been a good opportunity for me to have disappeared if I had wanted.

We found the Zodiak Killer!

BAB

JeffSFO

Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:45 am

Quoting BaylorAirBear (Reply 14):

We found the Zodiak Killer!

We did?  Wink

A really famous double murder in California took place about two hundred yards from me and I never knew it until the police cars swarmed the area. I had just been hiking in that area minutes before.

I'm curious Slam, which case was this?

-Jeff

[Edited 2005-10-26 19:46:05]

prosa

Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:03 am

No killings as far as I know, but a few years ago there was a shooting directly in front of the building where I work, involving the entourages of two rappers who had been visiting a radio station in the building. The argument started in the lobby, and a man in one of the entourages was shot and injured on the sidewalk right outside. This was the incident that ultimately led to Lil' Kim's jailing for perjury.
"Let me think about it" = the coward's way of saying "no"

flyAUA

Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:48 am

In my block of the dorms in university there wasn't anybody killed, but there was somebody who committed suicide. I never knew about this until I inquired. I always felt a weird presence (plus strange things kept happening in my room and next door neighbour's room). So I asked if anything had ever happened, and indeed, apparently this guy who was very unhappy took his life. I think his spirit still lingers in the building. It never really bothered me, but yes it was slightly spooky.
Not drinking, also isn't a solution!

SlamClick

Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:34 am

Quoting HAWK21M (Reply 13):
Were you treated as a Suspect

No. Not even as a witness because I heard and saw nothing. Besides I think they had the perp in custody before they knew about the killings.

Quoting JeffSFO (Reply 15):
I'm curious Slam, which case was this?

First guy executed in California in many years - Robert Alton Harris. Glad he turned left instead of right when he took their car. Ours was the only house to the right, at the end of the road.

JeffSFO

Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:59 am

Quoting SlamClick (Reply 18):
First guy executed in California in many years - Robert Alton Harris. Glad he turned left instead of right when he took their car. Ours was the only house to the right, at the end of the road.

Thanks for the info--I wasn't familiar with that case because it was before I moved to California. That's quite a close call you had.

mbmbos

Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:17 am

The guy across the street from us was murdered. They found him face down in his bathtub floating in milk and surrounded by banana slices.

They think it might be the work of a cereal killer.
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke

TheSorcerer

Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:33 am

Bit off topic but my cousin was looking out his window(at work) out onto the parking lot and saw some guy with a ski mask on jump out bushes walk up to this business man getting into his car and shot him. Last thing I heard was that the guy was in intensive care. I'll have to send my cousin an e-mail.

The Sorcerer
ALITALIA,All Landings In Torino, All Luggage In Athens ;)

Aviation

Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:32 am

Never had this happen,

But at my old house there was a shooting once across the road and a guy was killed.

Cheers,
Signed, Aaron Nicoli - Trans World Airlines Collector

HorizonGirl

Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:44 am

I think it was in the apartment by mine.
Someone was killed, I don't know how, and he was left
to rot for three months!
No one knew he was there.
Yuck.....

Devon
Flying high on the Wings of the Great Northwest!

baylorairbear

Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:06 am

Quoting MBMBOS (Reply 20):

Bravo

BAB

SlamClick

Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:23 am

When my father was in high school a local guy committed suicide. The bullet passed through him then blew a hole in his door. My father went down and stole the door and put it on his own bedroom - to my grandmother's horror! I saw the hole in the door when a friend of the family rented that house just after I got out of high school. The house is now part of a state park and I've been there several times. I think someone patched the hole or replaced the door.

(my father must have been a strange kid)

bhmbaglock

Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:53 am

Sylvia Seegrist, the nutbag woman who dressed up in fatiques and shot up a mall outside Philly lived in the next building over from me in Ridley. This was twenty years ago this coming Sunday. She ended up killing two people and wounding many more. The guy who disarmed and captured her didn't realize she was really shooting, he thought he was just stopping a sick halloween prank.

This apartment was very convenient and within easy walking/cycling distance to the Boeing plant but between this incident and the drunk guy with Tourette's who kept us up all night swearing my room mate and I found a house a little farther out to rent.
Where are all of my respected members going?

TPAnx

Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:59 am

Closest I've ever come..as a teenager, in Connecticut..
A night when it didn't know whether to rain,sleet, or snow..so it did all three.
Guy rang the bell..asked to come in to get warm..and my parents..trusting (!) types let him in. Said he'd hitchhiked from Providence...liked to ride in trucks..because he could get a good view..worked 12 miles from Providence, RI ( location checked out as a reservoir) converting German fighters into B-52's (!!) . Called a very big neighbor over..and called to ask the town cops to stop by "for coffee." They took the guy to the town line..and told him never to come back. Later learned that he went to work in the stables of a nearby exclusive girl's school. A few days later, the Hartford Courant ran a picture
of a pair of boots. They belonged to the man who'd killed another man at a Hartford Army Navy store....guess who? Just glad we didn't piss him off...  veryhappy 
TPAnx
I read the news today..oh boy

ComatMan

Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:13 pm

When I lived in Houston. There was a murder at my apartment complex in Houston. Apparently what caused this was one owed the other some money and some heavy drinking. It was surreal coming home that night and seeing crowds of people, police and news crews not far from your apartment.

Aviation

Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:56 pm

Quoting MBMBOS (Reply 20):

Mmmmm... cereal

Cheers,
Signed, Aaron Nicoli - Trans World Airlines Collector

57AZ

Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:55 pm

No one that I know of at any of the apartments where I've lived. However, I believe that years ago, a deputy sheriff was shot and killed by a prisoner in one of the elevators at work (Superior Court). Also, someone was decapitated by an elevator's doors in the Health and Human Services Building two doors down some years ago. Pleasant thoughts as you ride the elevators, listening to all the noises they make, eh?
"When a man runs on railroads over half of his lifetime he is fit for nothing else-and at times he don't know that."

alcregular

Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:06 pm

Someone died in our house a long time ago. They fell from the top of the stairs to the ground floor. Im not sure whether they commited suicide or whether it was an accident. This was around 30-40 years ago.
Why drive when you can fly?