My thread is: What songs are played way too much on the radio?
Can be current stuff or oldies. Here are some of my choices for songs that should be given a rest.
- The Lion Sleeps Tonight
- Build Me Up Buttercup
- Mac Arthur Park (Richard Harris gay version; not that there's anything wrong with.....)
- Honky Tonk Woman
- That awful jimmy Soul ditty from 1963.
- My Doorbell (White Stripes)
- Anything from the Black Eyed Peas; especially that one where they bleat
Oh no no no!
- Get Back (Beetles)
- Mary Hopkins- Those Were The Days, I Thought They'd Never End!
That Fu#$%ng song seems like it never ends.
- Say You Say Me
- Band Of Gold
- Winchester Cathedrial
- Hands Up or is it Hands Off. Played at virtually any wedding, or other shindig North of the Mason Dixon Line. Thank God it's not popular even in the northernmost reaches of Dixy.
- Chicken Dance
Mambo Number 5!
Oops, forgot: Tie A Yellow Ribbon round the Old Oak Treer-T. Orlando and Dawn.
More to come later!
[Edited 2005-10-28 01:26:51]