alberchico

Ukraine's ''Orange Revolution'' A Complete Failure

Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:21 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4386254.stm

All the energy, all the tremendous sense of patrioism these people felt last year was all for nothing. The new goverment is just as curropt and incompetent as the last one. Nothing's changed....
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

mika

RE: Ukraine's ''Orange Revolution'' A Complete Failure

Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:35 pm

Despite the accuracy (or inaccuracy) of these allegations one thing has changed; at least on paper a pro russia Ukraine became a pro EU one. And this is positive for future development of Ukraine i think.

However it is really sad to see that corruption is live and well in the new government aswell..but maybe it's naive to believe that a 15 year old country can ridden itself from the soviet grip and way of life that held it for a long time. You have to remember that all these ex soviet states are still very young nations and will require time and effort to become efficient and prosperous.

stall

Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:14 pm

Who told that democracy is easy.

It has taken centuries for democratic nations to find system that work properly (well !!! more or less in Italy  Smile )
Flying is fun

simo82

Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:12 pm

Quoting Stall (Reply 2):
more or less in Italy

Sad but true!!

AM744

Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:22 am

Quoting Mika (Reply 1):
..but maybe it's naive to believe that a 15 year old country can ridden itself from the soviet grip and way of life that held it for a long time.

I think Mika has hit the nail in the head. Democratic culture won't be established all of a sudden. Same thing happens in Mexico, after 5 years of real democratic government nothing has changed drastically... it's a process rather than an overnight miracle. Best of luck to Ukraine.

Quoting Stall (Reply 2):
It has taken centuries for democratic nations to find system that work properly

I could not agree more.

StarCruiser

Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:40 pm

You tell me what country doesn't have corrupt and incompetent politicians. The USA certainly takes the cake despite its protestations to the contrary. Spreading democracy and freedom, my ass. It's more like raping the world to provide for the rich and powerful. Our government is a disgrace and the whole world knows it. Let's hope the next administration will try to right the idiotic policies of the current one. We can't afford another Bush, and I mean that literally! He is the single worst president in history IMO. I'm sure even his father shakes his head.

DaddiesSecret

Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:45 pm

These days its very difficult to find any nation anywhere that is democratic and uncorrupted. Democracy requires politicians, politicians have to tell lies on a daily basis, lies lead to corruption.

LY744

Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:27 am

It's about god damn time the western media (even if it had to be the BBC) caught on.

LY744.
Pacifism only works if EVERYBODY practices it