alberchico

Large Riots In Paris.....

Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:28 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4389920.stm

since this area had a high immigrant population, is it possible that ethnic tensions between immigrants and the police may have contributed to the riots?
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

PSA53

RE: Large Riots In Paris.....

Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:38 pm

Quoting Alberchico (Thread starter):
police may have contributed to the riots?

What else is new?The media always has the police at fault,
especially in death of others.Media loves it.

Sad to see the riots.
Tuesday's Off! Do not disturb.

usnseallt82

Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:41 pm

is it possible that ethnic tensions between immigrants and the police may have contributed to the riots?

Doubt it. Just another reason for Frenchmen to get their panties in a wad. Happens pretty often over there.
Crye me a river

alberchico

Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:43 pm

Quoting Usnseallt82 (Reply 2):
Doubt it. Just another reason for Frenchmen to get their panties in a wad. Happens pretty often over there

I simply asked because in the U.S we have riots all the time because of racial tensions between people and police...
short summary of every jewish holiday: they tried to kill us ,we won , lets eat !

usnseallt82

Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:52 pm

Quoting Alberchico (Reply 3):
I simply asked because in the U.S we have riots all the time because of racial tensions between people and police...

Yeah, we do. Its actually pretty amazing that France hasn't had near as many, with their country far more diverse with ethnicities than most American locations.

Hopefully it will end soon. I imagine it will. They'll eventually look around, after they've flipped a few cars and pissed on streets, and ask, 'what next?' Then, no one answers and the momentum is lost.  bigthumbsup 
Crye me a river

Thumper3181

Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:19 pm

"all the time"???????

Sure we do have them, but when did we have the last racially motivated riot? Been awhile.

tbar220

Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:44 pm

Quoting Thumper3181 (Reply 5):
ure we do have them, but when did we have the last racially motivated riot? Been awhile.

Toledo?
NO URLS in signature

JGPH1A

Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:51 pm

The item makes it sound like the second revolution - it wasn't, it was just some miss-spent yoofs chucking rocks at the police, and setting some cars on fire, in a very crappy outer suburb of Paris. I didn't follow it much on the news, apparently 2 teenagers got themselves electrocuted hiding in an electrical substation (hellooo !) after running away from a police ID check. All their buddies got annoyed about this and started a riot. All very pointless.
Young and beautiful and thin and gorgeous AND BANNED ! Cya at airspaceonline.com, losers

usnseallt82

Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:57 pm

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 7):
All very pointless.

checkmark  checkmark  checkmark 
Crye me a river

Lumberton

Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:00 am

This article from CNN today says the riots are spreading and that President Chirac is "urging calm". Sounds like this is not over.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/11/02/france.riots/index.html
"When all is said and done, more will be said than done".

B744F

Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:04 am

Quoting Usnseallt82 (Reply 4):
Yeah, we do. Its actually pretty amazing that France hasn't had near as many, with their country far more diverse with ethnicities than most American locations.

France has many more protections of working people in place to keep them happy compared to the free reign of corporations here

Sure we do have them, but when did we have the last racially motivated riot? Been awhile.

Please don't speak, you have the nerve to insult my comments when I say the truth, and you come out with nonsense like this?

ltbewr

Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:13 am

Despite the high respect for personal and human rights in France, they created these horrible urban ring cities/towns to put the 'immigrants', mainly North Africans and Islamic, there and out of Paris itself. They have high rates of unemployment or chronic underemployment. They have high crime rates. Much of the housing seems to be clearly doomed to failure as much is high-rise public slums, not designed to be occupant friendly. There has been long running hostility and prejudice against the poor and working class Muslims in France. No wonder unrest has developed.

TPASXM787

Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:17 am

Quoting B744F (Reply 10):
France has many more protections of working people in place to keep them happy compared to the free reign of corporations here

Holy unrelated! Wouldn't want those big bad US corporations employing people or making a profit. Maybe we should just outsource a little more?

There are many communities in the US with racial tensions with the police, but they are remarkably well controlled if you really think about it (as hard as this will be for you B744F)

All in all, a stupid riot over two stupid kids.
This is the Last Stop.

B744F

Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:26 am

Quoting TPASXM787 (Reply 12):
Holy unrelated! Wouldn't want those big bad US corporations employing people or making a profit. Maybe we should just outsource a little more?

Unrelated? Protections to the workforce allows more people to be employed at higher rates and keeps prices more under control. Making a profit shouldn't come before the welfare of the population, even though you and the rest would fight that to your deaths. Good idea, outsource, reincorporate in tax free havens, its the American dream!

Quoting TPASXM787 (Reply 12):
There are many communities in the US with racial tensions with the police, but they are remarkably well controlled if you really think about it (as hard as this will be for you B744F)

If you call remarkably well controlled just throwing them all in jail, then sure. If you want to take a stroll down these places at night I will happily visit you in the hospital after, so you can tell me how well controlled they are. Then you can look at their crime and unemployment rates, but that would also take thinking which you claim I don't, yet common sense always goes against you

TPASXM787

Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:51 am

Quoting B744F (Reply 13):
more people to be employed

Perhaps you should compare the unemployment rate in the US with that of France? Outsouring and all these stupid trade agreements are killing the Us economy. Soon there will be no middle class, and I find that offensive. The question is do any leaders have the balls to step up and do anything about it? Nope, becuase they are all bought and sold already.
This is the Last Stop.

n229nw

Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:59 am

Sure we do have them, but when did we have the last racially motivated riot? Been awhile

Ummm...as Tbar said, how about last month in Toledo, Ohio?

Quoting Usnseallt82 (Reply 2):
is it possible that ethnic tensions between immigrants and the police may have contributed to the riots?

Doubt it.

Maybe you should read more about it before you "doubt it."  wink  Actually, tensions between poor immigrants and police seem to be at the heart of the causes.
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!

BHXFAOTIPYYC

Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:08 am

One simple rule when people emigrate to a new country:

Love it, or leave it.
Breakfast in BHX, lunch in FAO, dinner in TIP, baggage in YYC.

B744F

Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:35 am

Quoting TPASXM787 (Reply 14):

Perhaps you should compare the unemployment rate in the US with that of France?

First of all, you can't. The Us does not define unemployment like the rest of the industrial world. Second, an unemployed person in France is much better off with better options and support than they are in the US

Quoting TPASXM787 (Reply 14):
Soon there will be no middle class

Not true. Soon the gap between the poor/middle class, and the rich, will get even more outrageous than it already is

n229nw

Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:45 am

Quoting BHXFAOTIPYYC (Reply 16):
One simple rule when people emigrate to a new country:

Love it, or leave it.

Ooh, another one with a sophisticated, nuanced understanding of these issues.  banghead 
And, besides, what are the second-generation kids supposed to do? (because I'm pretty sure that most of the kids involved here are second or third generation and born in the ghetto slum HLM's of Paris's banlieu.)

Let me know when you finish solving all the world's problems with black and white solutions...  Yeah sure
All Glory to the Hypnotoad!

BHXFAOTIPYYC

Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:01 am

Quoting N229NW (Reply 18):

Actually sometimes issues need to be black and white. We had problems with this in Portugal this summer, and in England last week. Too much time and effort gets dedicated to analyzing things and explaining why they are so hard done by, and how it's always someone else's fault, etc etc. I don't agree.
Breakfast in BHX, lunch in FAO, dinner in TIP, baggage in YYC.

dl021

Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:27 am

JG....I think it's a bit more serious than that.

Please don't speak, you have the nerve to insult my comments when I say the truth, and you come out with nonsense like this?

Quoting B744F (Reply 17):
First of all, you can't. The Us does not define unemployment like the rest of the industrial world. Second, an unemployed person in France is much better off with better options and support than they are in the US

Whole lotta chirpin' goin' on.....

Used to be that the French rioted each spring...right around final exams time. Masses of students.

It got to the point that it is commonplace to see the national police dressed and ready to put down a riot with water cannon and automatic weapons anytime there is a demonstration of any kind. I wonder what would happen here if we had a paramilitary police force permanently mobilized in the major cities always putting on a show of force?

Here we seem to have a riot every 5 or 10 years, but we also have far more people and territory than any one single European nation.

One more thing......it's not all about violent police car burning ....tell me how many civil disruptions there are in France every year that interrupt peoples lives..... how many are here that paralyze the nation.
Is my Pan Am ticket to the moon still good?

B744F

Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:25 am

Quoting DL021 (Reply 20):
Here we seem to have a riot every 5 or 10 years,

Nope

Quoting BHXFAOTIPYYC (Reply 19):
Actually sometimes issues need to be black and white.

You've got to be kidding me?

Quoting BHXFAOTIPYYC (Reply 19):
Too much time and effort gets dedicated to analyzing things and explaining why they are so hard done by, and how it's always someone else's fault, etc etc. I don't agree.

Translation: they spent so much time and effort into trying to understand a situation to help in the future by preventing it.

You don't agree? You should move to America, most people here love simple incorrect solutions to complicated problems

usnseallt82

Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:31 am

Have you ever been to France or lived there for ANY amount of time? France doesn't have shit worth of protections for the working people in the eyes of the French people, or else they wouldn't strike over every damn issue.

Please....remove head from ass before chirping.....you might hurt yourself.
Crye me a river

alberchico

Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:47 am

Quoting N229nw (Reply 15):
Actually, tensions between poor immigrants and police seem to be at the heart of the causes.

I think that relations between immigrants and native people of France are the cause of the problem. Its no secret that muslims in France suffer more racism and discrimination than the ones in the U.S.

HERES A GOOD ARTICLE THAT EXPLAINS IT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4399748.stm

B744F

Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:55 am

Quoting Usnseallt82 (Reply 22):
France doesn't have shit worth of protections for the working people in the eyes of the French people, or else they wouldn't strike over every damn issue.

Umm, pull your head out of GWB's ass and reread what I wrote. I said they had more protections than "here" to keep them happy. The only reason America sees less is because the police have an easier time just locking people up

fumanchewd

Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:59 am

Quoting Usnseallt82 (Reply 4):

Any American city is more diverse than European cities. Chicago, LA, SF, etc. etc.. If you want to compare Waco, Texas to Paris then you may be correct. ....an idiot but correct.

America has had the most immigrants per year for a loooonnnng time.
http://www.pstalker.com/migration/mg_stats_1.htm

Please post evidence to the contrary, not generalizations and opinions.

Those crazy muslims again!  Wink
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey...

dl021

Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:50 pm

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 25):
Any American city is more diverse than European cities.

You really think that? Have you spent alot of time in European cities? I'd say that while most US cities have multi-ethnic populations in terms of racial definition we also have a group of people mostly seeking to fit in and merge with the mainstream if they aren't there already. In Europe many immigrants, especially from third world countries move into and remain in ghettoes (in the correct sense of that word) and don't merge themselves into society as easily.

This is exactly why these riots are occuring in the manner they are. There is no real impetus from either side to merge the new people into French society in the same way as there is here.....even though many here think we should not require immigrants to learn our language or adapt to our society. They equate that to racism and attack anyone who wants to keep an American identity, constantly growing and absorbing other cultures (keeping the best but keeping out the stoning of adulterers and other mysoginistic/barbarous/murderous practices) but still American.

Thats not what happens there in most cases and by keeping an entire separate populace they invite such disruption and violence by people who feel marginalized and segregated. Even if it's of their own accord and from their own practices.

Quoting Alberchico (Reply 23):
I think that relations between immigrants and native people of France are the cause of the problem. Its no secret that muslims in France suffer more racism and discrimination than the ones in the U.S.

The immigrants are part of their own problems on many occasions because they try to bring their third world values and practices to the western nations. This leads to inevitable friction such as I mentioned earlier.

usnseallt82

Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:04 pm

Any American city is more diverse than European cities.

America has had the most immigrants per year for a loooonnnng time.

I'm going to take a pretty wild guess that you haven't been outside of the U.S. much. Most European cities are crawling with more ethnicities from every inch of the world. While the U.S. may have a larger number per year, proportionally it is comparable to them. Try stepping outside of the box before you speak.

Furthermore, as DL021 stated perfectly, our minorities are often allowed to mix in with society a lot easier. In Europe, many different races have a hard time getting anywhere other than 'their' section of the city, which is usually extremely impoverished and out of control. You don't believe me? Try some of the eastern portions of Paris or even several areas through London. They are much more diverse than you may want to think.
Crye me a river

fumanchewd

Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:20 pm

Quoting DL021 (Reply 26):

You really think that? Have you spent a lot of time in European cities? I'd say that while most US cities have multi-ethnic populations in terms of racial definition we also have a group of people mostly seeking to fit in and merge with the mainstream if they aren't there already

I would think that is a generalization. I haven't lived in European cities, but have visited quite a few. There are specific immigrant populations in any city in the US. Mexican American, Polish, Korean, Chinese, Indian. I could go on and on. When I lived in Oakland, there were Chinese, Kenyan, and Korean communities. In Hayward there was an Indian/Pakistani community. In San Francisco there was everything! To some extent American immigrants are assimilated slightly more. This is because we are a little more excepting of immigrants than Europeans. In the states we say Indian American, as a classification of what kind of American someone is. In the UK they say British Indian, classifying what kind of Indian they are. This is an indication of the prevalent mentality.

As said, it is almost impossible for these people to become French citizens so they will certainly desire to maintain a closer identity to the country that they emigrated from.

So that said, is diversity a good thing? If people maintain their diversity and do not assimilate, it is usually because they do not want to become part of the new country due to the country's policies. If they do assimilate, is the countries diversity lost?

I am not so sure that polarized communities wrapped together and labeled "diverse" is correct. I do know,however, that there are more immigrants to the US than any European country, and there is a ubiquitous diversity that I see.

fumanchewd

Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:26 pm

Quoting Usnseallt82 (Reply 27):
I'm going to take a pretty wild guess that you haven't been outside of the U.S. much.

Its not wild, just ignorant.

Quoting Usnseallt82 (Reply 27):
n Europe, many different races have a hard time getting anywhere other than 'their' section of the city, which is usually extremely impoverished and out of control.

Diversity isn't exclusive to an "us vs. them" mindsight as you presume. Just because Americans mingle together more doesn't make us less "diverse".

[Edited 2005-11-03 05:43:35]

dl021

Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:31 pm

Quoting Fumanchewd (Reply 28):
So that said, is diversity a good thing? If people maintain their diversity and do not assimilate, it is usually because they do not want to become part of the new country due to the country's policies. If

Diversity has become a code word that has grown beyond it's original meaning. Many now regard diversity as letting people come here and not doing anything to force them to blend in. My idea of diversity is when my French mother introduced my Atlanta born and raised father to snails and bearnaise sauce. Many think diversity has to do with color, when it's really about culture. Our American culture has been one of growth and change...but a core defined by our very freedoms and responsibilities inherent in defending that freedom. I'm good with taking the good of other cultures as long as we keep out the bad...or at least identify it and stop accepting bad behavior simply because we are afraid to be labeled as racist or fascist by some demagogue who wants us to avoid being dominant.

If they do assimilate, is the countries diversity lost?

No.....you keep much of what you learned. But the kids ought to be speaking unaccented English/French/German etc, and understand how things work in this country and be good citizens for the country where they were either born or taken to early.

ANCFlyer

Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:35 pm

We do????

All the time????

redflag 

Quoting JGPH1A (Reply 7):
apparently 2 teenagers got themselves electrocuted hiding in an electrical substation (hellooo !) after running away from a police ID check. All their buddies got annoyed about this and started a riot. All very pointless.

So, what's the loss? Two assholes running from the police - again - and now it's someone else's fault they were stupid??? Ridiculous. If they weren't fucked up in the first place, they'd still be alive, eh?
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

MidnightMike

Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:12 am

Riots are still going on, 8 days of rioting, maybe it is time to call in the Military...

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/world/France

AULNAY-SOUS-BOIS, France - Rioters set fire to hundreds of vehicles in impoverished suburbs of northeastern Paris in an eighth night of unrest that spread for the first time to other parts of the capital and towns in France. Local officials said they had lost patience with the government. Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin and his rival, Interior Minister Nicolas Sarkozy, opted for low profiles after days of squabbling over how to handle the crisis.
NO URLS in signature

slider

Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:27 am

Quoting MidnightMike (Reply 32):
Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin and his rival, Interior Minister Nicolas Sarkozy, opted for low profiles after days of squabbling over how to handle the crisis.

And therin lies the problem-- a void of leadership. Total vacuum in terms of any assertive face of leadership.

Banco

Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:36 am

This is because we are a little more excepting of immigrants than Europeans. In the states we say Indian American, as a classification of what kind of American someone is. In the UK they say British Indian, classifying what kind of Indian they are. This is an indication of the prevalent mentality.

Interesting logic. You say African American as an example of how inclusive you are, and we say British Asian as an example of how exclusive we are? Explain that one to me again.  Yeah sure
She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.

beefstew25

Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:49 am

It is called socialism...Think of an F-16 in full afterburner tied to the Titanic....the non-acheivers hold the acheivers back....

Gotta love the state-mandated 35 hour work week....wouldn't want to go above and beyord...
MLB: Where you are always number one for takeoff.....

Aither

Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:24 am

There is a big difference between US and European immigrants : patriotism. I've noticed in the US that Black, Asian or Spanish communities are largely proud to be American. In France this is much less the case. For instance they tend not to watch French news but the ones from their origin countries. Their news always bash western countries accusing us of countless bad things. There are reports of long term strategy from Islamic groups to infiltrate these youngs to create chaos in Europe. There is also a lot of policy involved with religious leaders trying to get more influence. So really the situation can't be compared to anywhere else.

Quoting Alberchico (Reply 23):
Its no secret that muslims in France suffer more racism and discrimination than the ones in the U.S.

HERES A GOOD ARTICLE THAT EXPLAINS IT:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/eur...8.stm

This is actually a bad article from someone it seems is not expert in French society.

And stop accusing the christian french. The muslims/africans hold most of the responsibility : At school for instance they are absolutely pathetic. I don't blame them. I would have similar difficulties if i had to adapt to the Japanese discipline. But they tend to prove, and not only in France, their incapacity to adapt in modern democratic society. Also keep in mind the vast majority of poor and despaired people in France are Christian, yet they do not participate to these riots. What i'm saying is not racism : i just think it is naive to think than 2 significant and so different civilisations can leave under one single policy. This is France, this is our country, this is our policy. We do not have to adapt, they have. If they're not happy with that, they're free to go, even those born in France. The place where you were born, is just a geographical location and means nothing, what matter is your culture, your education.

[Edited 2005-11-04 23:57:36]
Never trust the obvious

Lumberton

Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:33 am

Quoting Aither (Reply 36):
There are reports of long term strategy from Islamic groups to infiltrate these youngs to create chaos in Europe.

What's your opinion? True/false?

And stop accusing the christian french.

This is France, this is our country, this is our policy. We do not have to adapt, they have. If they're not happy with that, they're free to go, even those born in France.

Sounds like things are becoming very polarized.
"When all is said and done, more will be said than done".

dl021

Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:25 am

But they tend to prove, and not only in France, their incapacity to adapt in modern democratic society

Incapacity is the wrong word....it is more unwillingness. Il's peut, mais ils veux pas. They can, but they don't want to. Their leaders are telling them not to, and that it is their duty to change the society in which they find themselves.

lso keep in mind the vast majority of poor and despaired people in France are Christian, yet they do not participate to these riots. What i'm saying is not racism

No...it's a statement of religious and geo-cultural reality.

This is France, this is our country, this is our policy.

OK...so fix the root issues that allow this to happen, meaning the permissive immigration laws that reward people for coming to France and simply sitting.

We do not have to adapt, they have. If they're not happy with that, they're free to go, even those born in France. The place where you were born, is just a geographical location and means nothing, what matter is your culture, your education.

Well, it sounds like there is some dissent within France on this issue. People confuse going overseas to force people to change with doing it at home when these people come voluntarily.

Quoting Lumberton (Reply 37):
There are reports of long term strategy from Islamic groups to infiltrate these youngs to create chaos in Europe.

What's your opinion? True/false?

There are always instigators and agitators behind the scenes at events like this. People who create more trouble when some raises it's head (if they did not instigate it from the beginning) and they do it for their own purposes using the mob to self-destruct in order to accomplish the goals of the agitators...which goals are almost always detrimental to the people making up the mob.

jmc1975

Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:32 pm

Looks like they're throwing more turbans around than berets.

Alessandro

Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:53 pm

They surely do Le Pen a favor by their actions.
From New Yorqatar to Califarbia...

clipperhawaii

Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:58 pm

A full week of riots in France!

Where are all the Europeans commenting on this thread??????

If these riots were happening in the U.S. this thread would have over 200 posts and 6000 hits by now. And the majority of them would be from Europe. I guess people are ashamed about these riots and just don't want to talk about them. Kind of like hiding the ugly sister in the closet.

Go figure?
"You Can't Beat The Experience"

MD11Engineer

Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:08 pm

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 11):
Despite the high respect for personal and human rights in France, they created these horrible urban ring cities/towns to put the 'immigrants', mainly North Africans and Islamic, there and out of Paris itself. They have high rates of unemployment or chronic underemployment. They have high crime rates. Much of the housing seems to be clearly doomed to failure as much is high-rise public slums, not designed to be occupant friendly. There has been long running hostility and prejudice against the poor and working class Muslims in France. No wonder unrest has developed.

Most European cities have those housing areas. I grew up in one of them myself (from age of one to age of 11, the Gropiusstatd in West Berlin).
The housing areas were mostly built in the 1950s-1970s, during the rebuild of Europe after WW2, when these high rise houses were considered a modern and cheap way of providing housing for lower income families and an improvement on the old 19th century working class housing areas. The only problem was that those people who could afford it moved out as soon as possible to get their own house with garden (e.g. my parents, who moved into such a house as a young couple with two children, my father just having started in his first real job as a scientist, but after ten years they bought a freestanding house in a nicer area of Berlin and moved out).
At the same time the social services decided to accomodate people on welfare in those government sponsored housing projects, people who often have teir own issues, like alcoholism or permanent unemployment. Immigrant families with large numbers of children also looked for cheap accomodation (Don't forget that during the economic boom in Europe in the 1950s to 1970s it was mainly not qualified people who were recruited from abroad, but uneducated people to do the dirty work in our factories and building sites).

Over the years the demoscopics of these housing areas changed:
The original German/French/etc. families moved out as their income improved and more and more low income immigrants and social security cases moved in. Since the educational level is relatively low, unemployment hit these areas hard, increasing the tendency of the areas o turn into slums.

Jan
Je Suis Charlie et je suis Ahmet aussi

NWA742

Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:17 pm

Isn't it about time to declare martial law and start shooting these motherfuckers who are burning down buildings and shooting at police?

If I was the mayor of Paris, the violent protestor shit would've stopped on the first day.

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

teahan

Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:57 pm

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 43):
If I was the mayor of Paris, the violent protestor shit would've stopped on the first day.

Not much the major of Paris can do since these riots are not in Paris.
Goodbye SR-LX MD-11 / 6th of March 1991 to the 31st of October 2004

KevinL1011

Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:00 pm

Goddamn Hippies!
474218, Carl, You will be missed.

NWA742

Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:17 pm

Quoting Teahan (Reply 44):
these riots are not in Paris.

CNN must have been misinformed.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/11/04/paris.riot.reut/index.html

Quote:
Violence erupted again in poor suburbs of Paris

There is also violent rioting going on in suburbs of Paris, as well as other towns.

-NWA742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

teahan

Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:28 pm

Quoting NWA742 (Reply 46):
CNN must have been misinformed.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe....html

That above CNN article says:
Epinay-Sur-Seine

You can argue this however you want but there are not riots in Paris and again as I replied to you in Reply 44, the major of Paris has nothing to do with any of this.

L410Turbolet

Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:51 pm

Paris suburbs in 2005, the whole damn EU "tommorow"? T minus 15-20 years and counting. Just wait for this generation of "disenfanchised" to have even more kids so they can show their gratitude to their host countries.

teahan

Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:34 pm